Brannan Electric

Founded 2004 • With Angi since August 2006

7889 Lichen Drive #280

Citrus Heights, CA 95621

Ten time super service award winner,(2007-2016), licensed,and liability insured electrical contractor, BBB-A+ rated. I'm old school/netfree, and will give you a free phone quote,call me,thank you,Dave Brannan,owner/operator.

09/04/2020

Naomi A.

Dave helped me get power restored in my house over the phone simply by finding and resetting my GFI circuit breaker. He insisted he could walk me through the steps without making a house call. Now that's integrity for you and a company I'll want to do business with in the future!

Description of Work
electrical outage in home

10/11/2019

SHARON R.

Dave came out right away and did an excellent job! The chandelier was over a stairwell but he devised a safe way to reach the difficult area. It is an usual design, but he patiently got it hung so that it looks perfectly balanced. He is very personable and professional, even calling the next day to make sure that I was satisfied with everything. I will definitely ask him to return for other jobs!

Description of Work
Installation of a chandelier

Category electrician, lighting

07/10/2018

Patricia D.

Dave diagnosed the problem (my new dryer wouldn't turn on) and knew just what to do to fix it. He replaced the circuit breakers for the dryer, then agreed to replace the ones for my newish air conditioner. He was very knowledgeable and careful. He is an old school guy who knows what he is doing. I have an older house, with an older electrical panel. Would hire him again for sure.

Description of Work
Needed to replace circuit breakers for my dryer and air conditioner.

06/21/2017

James B.

Very well. Came same day I called at time he estimated he would be here. Diagnosed problem quickly and recommended breaker replacement, although he said could be reset with some difficulty. Left it up to me. I had already tried resetting multiple times with no success.

Description of Work
Circuit breaker in electric box needed replacement

06/07/2017

Jill R.

There was even a follow up call to make sure everything went well.

Description of Work
Brannan electric was able to diagnose the problem over the phone without a service charge.

04/23/2017

Christopher B.

I received a recommendation on better lighting for kitchen and family room, a very soft sell, and I elected to proceed with the work. Impeccably done, and I appreciated their gentle suggestion re the lighting. Price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
I needed to test whether a pair of switches in adjacent rooms that controlled the same ceiling light were malfunctioning and if so, how can they be repaired.

03/20/2017

Donald H.

Completed & working as it should. Quality was down because he made 2 holes for electrical box insted of 1. But he covered it as he should. Oh well,, who's perfect. The cost included a new breaker in my "Z" box & new outlet box.

Description of Work
Electric stove conversion from 220v to 120v outlet for my New Gas Stove. Dave is a very friendly guy. He will tell you whatever you need to know about the job. I want to give him a B+ Overall but you do not have that option.

03/02/2017

Anita N.

He arrived on time and greeted myself and my friend, whom he had also done work for in the past. He then proceeded with his work and asked for assistance getting the light fixture down while making several comments about liking my friend. After the work was done and I wrote him a check, he hugged my friend without her permission and left.

Description of Work
He took down a ceiling fan and installed a light fixture in my family room. He also replaced my porch light. He replaced an electrical plug that was brown to match the others that were white.

12/19/2016

Susan K.

Dave was extremely helpful and honest about the electrical work necessary. He carefully explained the testing he planned to do, the results, and the corrective action he planned to take. Dave discovered the problem was less drastic than I had anticipated originally. He replaced an aging breaker. I would use Brannan Electric services again.

Description of Work
I requested an evaluation of an electrical problem at my residence following some repairs to the house.

10/31/2016

Irene S.

great: work was done and options discussed - they were great for the job

Description of Work
various: two electric outdoor fans make up mirror hardwired to wall two side wall mounted lamps installed

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, ceiling fans

08/26/2016

Ron R.

Wow! Over the phone Dave walked me through steps to take to resolve the problem. For free. I had already replaced the circuit breaker, but Dave had me try a couple things I never would have thought of - and it worked. He saved me well over $100 dollars. And he got back to me right away when I first called. Thanks Dave.

Description of Work
Faulty electric circuit

08/23/2016

James B.

Dave was great. Response time and clarity was very good. I was able to take pictures of the problem and exchange multiple emails with him directly before the service call. Dave was able to give me a fair estimate based on what he could see from my photos. Arrived at the residence a bit later than originally planned, but was very communicative and kept me apprised of his expected arrival time. All work was completed and at the price quoted.

Description of Work
Repair of a mis-wired main electrical panel and kitchen GFI outlets.

08/04/2016

William S.

It went extremely well. Dave evaluated the situation and felt we needed a custom ballast that he told me how to order. He also gave us timely information on the canned lights we had in our house. We learned what lights to get and why. That info will save us much money due to the reduced wattage the new lights will provide. He also helped us with problems with lighting in our back yard. All this he did at NO CHARGE. He's wonderful man! I highly recommend him!! We will be using him as long as he will have us for our electrical needs.

Description of Work
Ballast replaced on under cabinet light.

08/02/2016

Dondee A.

Went very well. He came in for a job. He couldn't do it because of a custom built fireplace preventing from accessing the electrical outlet. He didn't charge me a dime!!! and offered to come back once I have the fireplace company to take out the fireplace.

Description of Work
Consultation

Category electrician, handyman service

07/22/2016

Paula W.

Amazing, these guys were Honest!! Helpful!! and even followed up with a phone call to see how the job went!! Way to go Brannan Electric ! I would recommend them in a heart beat!!

Description of Work
Electrica Panel

07/15/2016

ed S.

EXCELLENT! When I called Dave and told him what we needed done we arranged a time for him to come over, take a detailed look at what job would require and give us an estimate. Dave went out of his way to locate replacement parts for the 20+ year old fans so we wouldn't need to spend more money for ceiling carpentry because new off-the-shelf exhaust fans are different shapes. He located one replacement fan and rebuilt the other. He was on time and did excellent work and is a very pleasant person. He even called the following day to make sure everything was working and we were completely satisfied. We will definitely use him again for any future electrical work. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
We needed two 20+ year old bathroom exhaust fans replaced plus a timer for an outdoor light.

07/08/2016

Philip W.

I received a same-day response that he could not meet my needs. He recommended another contractor, citing that it would be expensive but that I would not find a better man for the work I need completed. I really appreciate the honesty and referral. I would not hesitate to reach out to Brannan again in the future for estimates or advice.

Description of Work
I needed a lot of electrical and miscellaneous work done, including upgrades, repairs, and installations of various fixtures, fans, wiring, and outlets. It was a very long list, including some items that weren't electrical at all. I asked Brannan for a quote.

Category electrician, lighting

06/28/2016

Hua Z.

He fixed the socket outside, and replaced a couple outlets as well. He was very nice and highly skilled. He charged a little bit extra due to emergency service, but we appreciated him being able to come out so quickly.

Description of Work
An outside socket was broken by another contractor, and because of that we weren't even able to open our garage door. We called Brannan Electrical who came out within 45 minutes, which was really nice.

Category home builders

06/20/2016

Tim H.

In order to get insulation blown into my attic I needed a licensed electrical contractor to sign off on some old knob and tube wiring in my attic. I called Brannan Electric to do the inspection as I had Dave Brannan out to my house a few weeks earlier and was satisfied with his work. Dave inspected the attic wiring, installed 3 electrical boxes, and prepped the attic for insulation to be blown. Dave is not cheap, but in my opinion you get what you pay for and Dave's experience and honesty make it well worth the extra few bucks. He is prompt, is terrific in following up, and has provided some great referrals for other contractors i have used.

Description of Work
Inspected the attic wiring, installed 3 electrical boxes and prepped the attic for insulation to be blown.

Category

06/11/2016

Wayne A.

We had Dave repair a outlet that had some issues with safety and a worn out outdoor outlet. We had asked Dave to replace outdoor outlet with a GFI one but after inspection Dave informed us that the outlet was already GFI. Dave does quality an honest work for a fair price. We will be using him for any future electrical problems.

Description of Work
Replaced outdoor outlet and repaired outlet for micro wave.

06/11/2016

STEVEN C.

Dave was first class. He understood, without my asking, that my pool equipment having no power was a semi-emergency. I had already determined what circuit had voltage & what was failing, so we talked through the options. He had several questions to diagnose over the phone & save me time, but we quickly concluded that this needed a closer look. He made time the next day to get out to my place to look & check out the problem, discovered that there was a tripped circuit between my main panel & my pool sub-panel, made the fix and was on his way, while I was at work. He made 2 follow up calls to make sure all is working well. He's my guy for future work, no doubt.

Description of Work
Inspection & service of failing electrical panel for the pool equipment

06/07/2016

Nahal M.

Advised me over the phone. He is an honest individual. His advice was correct and fixed my issue.

Description of Work
Advised me on using a surge protector.

05/27/2016

Matthew R.

Brannon eletric I called David and explained to him the trouble I was having with flicking lights in a house I had just bought. Instead of charging me to come out he advised me to call SMUD and have them check the power coming into the house which I did and the trouble was resolved. David even called back later in the day to make sure everything had gotten taken care of! It was a pleasure to find someone who was looking to make sure the trouble was taken care of in the most cost effective way for means not just out to make a buck. I would recommend David to everyone I found him to be honest and trustworthy.

Description of Work
advised me to call the power company advised me to call my home warranty company

05/26/2016

Tim H.

Dave swapped out an inferior breaker and provided great advice on what needed to be done now and what could wait. I was close to having the whole house re-wired but Dave explained why that wasn't necessary and saved me a couple thousand dollars. He also offered some suggestions on some other small electrical projects I could do on my own told me to call him if I ran into any problems. Dave is a good guy and a straight shooter and I will not hesitate to use him again.

Description of Work
I had David Brannan out to do an inspection on the electrical system of an 1940's era house I bought. He addressed all the electrical portion of the original home inspection including inspecting the panel, inspecting the wiring in the attic and testing three prong outlets for ground.

05/25/2016

LUCY H.

Just having the help from the voice on the phone gave me a good feeling that I wasn't going to be stuck with this thing going off perpetually and I learned a lot about how smoke alarms work in the process. In the end, David asked a simple question about my carbon monoxide detectors and that led to the solution. It was actually my separate carbon monoxide detector that was chirping and not the smoke detector! So, a lot effort to get to the answer but problem solved and I was so thankful for the help from David to get me through it. He certainly didn't have to take that time. I now know who I will call if I have electrical work that needs to be done in the future. Really good guy.

Description of Work
I actually was looking madly for a handyman who might be able to come and help on short notice to get my smoke alarm to stop chirping despite disconnecting it from the wires. I was leaving the next day for a trip and just had to get it solved. I called David but hung up before anyone answered as I realized that an electrician was unlikely to want to take the time for something like this. David called me back within minutes and asked what he could do. He did not hang up when he heard what was going on and instead talked me through a series of methods to troubleshoot.