Bernardino Roofing

Founded 2003 • With Angi since September 2009

Family owned and operated, BERNARDINO ROOFING has been providing superior quality and serviceto Sacramento and the surrounding areaswith over 30 years of experience. Whether to entirely replace a roof, or to simply repair it, can be one of the most agonizing decisions that a homeowner can make

Gutter Cleanout and RepairTile Roofs InstalledShake Roof Repair

4.3

4.1

4.3

4.4

roofing (44)roof cleaning (1)skylight installation (1)gutter repair (1)general contractors (1)

11/20/2017

Deborah S.

The company owner is a good guy and the work is professional. However his office staff is non-responsive, ineffectual and sometimes surly. There is no way to contact the owner independently, and the staff can be rude. Also, slow.

Description of Work
Repair to roof.

Work Completed On 09/05/2017

06/28/2017

Margo D.

Great work.

Description of Work
Roof Repair

Work Completed On 06/28/2017

03/27/2017

Sandra R.

Very helpful and informative.

Description of Work
My roof needed repair.

Work Completed On 03/27/2017

01/09/2017

Sandra R.

Very Good! Honest about the work needed for the roof.

Description of Work
Inspected the roof.

Work Completed On 03/01/2016

01/02/2017

Kevin F.

Very well.

Description of Work
They fixed a leak in the roof.

Work Completed On 01/02/2017

09/12/2016

Marie B.

Description of Work
Professional, friendly, and prompt roofing service. I wold use again and would recommend this company.

11/16/2015

Leo G.

I was strictly disappointed with that, because they were only here for about 45 minutes. I didn't pay anything extra. They didn't bother me for any more, but for the little work that they did... It was like a wham bam, thank you ma'am. I wouldn't recommend them to nobody. For what I've got paying $400, that was nothing. I was very disappointed. The price was very, very high for what they did. They were here in great time. All that minor stuff, they were great on that. But the work they gave me, it su*ks.

Description of Work
They put their ladder up, pulled up a couple of shingles, did a couple of repairs and then they were gone.

Work Completed On 10/15/2015

First of all. We did a Leak repair on your roof around the Chimney stack which by it self would have cost you $650.00. Which is NOT Leaking any more since I haven't received any calls from you after several months and rains. We also pushed your repair up front and gave you priority because you were leaking and we had rains coming. Second. We also did a Preventative maintenance repair on this very old roof, which would have cost you $495.00. Third. We blew off your roof and gutters which would have cost you another $200.00. So all total it should have cost you $1,345.00. You paid $400.00 thru Angieslist and we gave you several more years on your roof life I sent two Journeyman Roofers to do this repair. Two guys who know what they're doing. We do these type of repairs all the time, and the crew being journeyman, it's not going to take them all day. It's not the amount of time that a repair takes that's important. It's the results that are important. Your roof no longer leaks! Also, are you taking in to consideration the amount of time it took to load up for your job and to drive to your residence? You received a Great service with Excellent result

09/19/2015

Elene S.

It didn't go well. Same situation, my husband was home, I wasn't here, but the way I understand it, is that two workers came out, they cleaned the roof off and took pictures. He emailed me later with a very high estimate to repair the roof in a much larger scale than I was thinking that it needed. It wasn't affordable at all. I don't remember exactly but it was like a couple of thousand dollars. In that instance as well, I don't think I got what I was intending to buy when I bought the service off of Angie's List. So basically I paid $99 for two guys to clean that section of the roof off. It was misleading. It was a busy time of year for them and they couldn't come out immediately.

Description of Work
It was a Big Deal. Two workers came out, they cleaned the roof off and took pictures.

Category roofing, roof cleaning

Work Completed On 03/15/2015

12/18/2014

James K.

After getting additional bids, I was disheartened , and miss trusted his eval.. Wouldn't use him.

Description of Work
He did an evaluation and bid. States seeing broken and loose tiles with an estimate of $2,000 for repairs. |Three other independent companies saw no evidence of structural or leaking water problems. this was also confirmed by a solar inspection. What's up? The latest evaluation was a simple settling of the house.

11/24/2014

Leslie S.

It went well, and I would definitely use this provider in the future.

Description of Work
The provider came and fixed the roof up and let me know what shape it was in. Was very professional and didn't try to sell me anything.

Work Completed On 11/18/2014

09/25/2014

Jim C.

Tony and his team did a great job. We have lived in our home for over 20 years. Over the past 5 years I have used Bernardino Roofing for repairs and recon of our shake roof. He has always done up and beyond the call of duty. I finally saved enough money to do a complete re-roof from shake to comp. Because our roof was 30 plus years old, we ran into a few unexpected problems. Tony kept me calm and reassured me everything would be fine. He delivered on his promise and did an absolutely fantastic job. I love our new roof and am very glad we used Bernardino Roofing. It is a friendly family business and I highly recommend this company. Tony worked with me on the money and delivered exactly what he promised. My wife and I could not be happier. If you need roof work done, call Tony. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Description of Work
Took off old shake & did a complete New Roof

Work Completed On 09/24/2014

06/08/2014

Kathi S.

Excellent response time to my purchase of the "Big Deal," in setting up the appointment. Arrived on time, did thorough inspection and provided recommendations for future work. We moved forward with some needed repairs in a second visit (additional cost), which was also handled quickly and efficiently. Billing was easy to take care of over the phone with a credit card. Original invoice and the credit card receipt were sent via email. I would definitely recommend Bernardino Roofing.

Work Completed On 04/22/2014

06/03/2014

Madel A.

The provider gave us an estimate of the total cost for all the repairs needed for the roof maintenance which is more than what we expected.

Description of Work
Perform minor repairs on the roof. Re-secured loose shingles. Seal exposed nails. Detailed exterior assessment and repairs needed. Took photos of areas that is in need of maintenance.

Work Completed On 05/01/2014

05/16/2014

jeff F.

They did a great job at a great price. They made some recommendations for a couple of years down the road and advised that none are really needed now. I was extremely impressed because many of these services are immediately followed by a classic up-sell. This vendor did not. They did what they said they were going to do, did a good job and were helpful and professional!!

Description of Work
They did a roof tuneup. They blew out the gutters, secured several loose of 'slipped' roof tiles and sealed some flashing and other areas on the roof.

Work Completed On 05/15/2014

05/15/2014

Bob M.

I tempered my expectations at $59, but I was hoping to get some minor repairs and receive an overall understanding of the roof's condition. I'm not sure what repairs were made in the time they were here (which was under the allotted three man-hours), but I did receive a quote for additional repairs that seemed quite high. The quote was also worded in such a way as to be very open-ended, leaving me with visions of additional costly repairs to follow. I contracted the job with another Angie's List roofer.

Description of Work
I purchased the Angie's list deal of $59 for Bernardino Roofing to do three hours of roof maintenance, and to provide an assessment of the roof's condition.

Work Completed On 04/17/2014

05/06/2014

Ann C.

I did not want to pay $59 for an estimate to replace my roof. I paid for 3 hours of maintenance for the roof. It was a total waste of money.

Description of Work
I paid $59 for 3 hours of roof maintenance. I asked him to bring shakes to replace missing shakes. He brought one worker with him who went on the roof, and pounded a few nails, but no shakes were replaced. Tony spent his time measuring the roof to replace it.

Work Completed On 04/01/2014

04/22/2014

Susan P.

My experience was not good. I purchased a big deal and then never heard from the company. After I asked for a refund then the company reached out to me. Very unresponsive and unprofessional.

Description of Work
no service was ever completed.

Work Completed On 04/22/2014

I apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you by not contacting you right away. Angieslist was having troubles getting our Message Center to work properly. We had no access to each members information or the message center at all until the day we made contact with you. This can be verified with an Angieslist representative. I want to remind you that we have an appointment for the $59 Maintenance and Inspection on Wednesday June 11, 2014 between 8am - 2pm. We'll see you then. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience. Sincerely, Tony Bernardino 916-920-0100

04/14/2014

Michael B.

When he got here he wanted to climb up on the roof, draw a picture, take it's measurements. That is wasting 3 hours of labor that I needed done. I had bought the shingles and wanted him to do some repair work. He refused to do it and said that the coupon was for minor maintenance and would not work with the shingles. I had also purchased one for my girlfriend and he didn't even show up for that one. He was at my house for a total of 30 minutes.

Description of Work
It was a Big Deal for $59 for three hours of roof maintenance.

Work Completed On 04/11/2014

Thank you member, we do value and appreciate your business, and apologize for any inconvenience. However, the Big Deal was for preventative maintenance and specifically states 3 labor hours for minor roof repairs, including: seal exposed nails, chaulking, sealing pipe collars, exhaust fans/vents, and chimney flashing, re-securing loose shingles, gutters and downspouts, re-fastening loose fascia trim, and re-securing siding and shutters. We also evaluate and take pictures of any areas of concern, and then provide a written estimate We did go to your Girlfriends house from 9:30 to 10:30am on the scheduled date, and have pictures of the roof as well. We would like to try and rectify this situation if at all possible. Please feel free to contact me at 916-920-0100

03/16/2014

Billy M.

Very well. Initially I had decided to have all of the facia boards replaced because they were all starting to warp. After some further thought and a re-examination of the cost (about $3500 because they would have to remove all of the roof tiles on the sides to get to the boards and the labor would have been a lot more) we decided to scale back. I notified Tony via phone and email over the weekend (note, their office is open only Mon-Fri so if you need to get in touch with him on the weekend keep that in mind) that we were going to scale back the project before it began. While he had already purchased the wood he graciously accommodated the modifications to the scope without issue. His team showed up on time, completed the work very quickly and professionally. They showed me around afterwards to inspect, cleaned up after themselves and were out within about 3 hours. Tony provided a military discount but would have also honored the honor list discount in the latest Angie's List magazine that came out. When we decide to get the rest of the facia boards replaced we'll call Tony again.

Description of Work
Replaced facia boards that were warped and had some dry rot, replaced cracked roof tiles and put others back in place that had slipped.

Work Completed On 03/13/2014

02/21/2014

Bridget D.

I had a good, positive experience with Bernardino Roofing. He did what he said he was going to do and he was very clean. He was very punctual. If he says he's going to be there at 8:00, he's there.

Description of Work
He did a re-roof and dry rot repair on my shop and new gutters on the shop and on the main house.

Category contractors, gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 10/16/2013

10/14/2013

Shirley G.

Excellent, arrived promptly, explained his actions, he recommended adding a gutter, which we did and he installed. We're very happy with the work, price, promtness and professionalism.

Description of Work
Repaired roof after moving a sorely missplaced satellite dish.

Work Completed On 08/20/2013

09/18/2013

Raymond B.

Tony was on time to give the estimate and was prompt in getting the work done when promised. Very professional work and the crew cleaned up all the debris when finished. Very satisfied with the results.

Description of Work
Roof repaired to fix leak.