American River Plumbing

Founded 1990 • With Angi since April 2008

7029 Kingsmill Way

Citrus Heights, CA 95610

American River Plumbing is a local Sacramento independent plumbing company that provides quality-plumbing services for residential and commercial customers. The company is owned and operated by George Williams, a licensed independent Sacramento plumber, since 1995. A+ rating with the Better

09/22/2020

Mary E.

Great! Always able to respond within hours and solve the problem.

Description of Work
I've used this company three times. Once for a shower faucet that needed to be replaced, would not stop dripping. They were here within a couple hours and took care of the problem. The second time was for a shower drain that wasn't draining. Same prompt service and reasonable prices. Today they cleaned the main house drain to the sewer - again prompt and reasonable.

05/09/2019

Sandra B.

Great service and reasonable pricing. Also he didn't try to up sell us and explained the issue and the fix clearly. We use his company for many of our projects and repairs for connercial and residential real estate

Description of Work
Water heater installation

Category plumbing, water heater repair, drain cleaning

07/07/2017

Angie W.

They went the extra mile and even reinforced the base gasket. He did the extra work to insure that it would be secure and to avoid leakage issues. He was very professional and sincere. Took the time and was very interested in doing the job right!

Description of Work
Reset Toilet.

06/03/2017

Jodi E.

George was great! Quick diagnosis of the issues and fixed both in a short period of time. He was very professional and knowledgeable. I would definitely hire him again and I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Needed help with bathroom and kitchen leaks. Wasn't quite sure what the cause was.

10/04/2016

George H.

Great. George is a true professional. Always prompt, competent and reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Toilet seat installation and diagnosis of drainage problem

08/25/2016

Jeanne F.

Great! I will hire him again if I need a plumber!

Description of Work
A two-way trap for the bathroom was dug and installed in the backyard for easier access. Old and leaky pipes were replaced with new ones underneath the house. George Williams did a great job. He is neat, polite and is reasonably priced. He gave me the best estimate for the job and was very professional. I have used his services before because I trust his work.

07/15/2016

Steve C.

George was great! He arrived at the time we agreed, corrected the issue quickly and charged a fair rate. I would recommend his services.

Description of Work
Repair leaking toilet

06/22/2016

JAY S.

After my failed attempt to solve the problem called George Williams at American River Plumbing. I have used George for various plumbing problems for quite a few years. I called him on Monday morning and he said he could be out that afternoon as he had some scheduled work already. He showed up that afternoon. He was able to clear the drain and redo the drain plumbing under the laundry tub i had attempted. No leaks, drains working great. Very reasonable price at $110.00. I asked him about some other work that I thought I might need and he advised against it. He didn't want to take my money for something he thought wasn't necessary. Don't find that often in today's world. George is a very hard working and honest person I would recommend fully. Need more people like George

Description of Work
Cleared drain blockage for both kitchen and laundry tub drains. Reassembled the plumbing under the laundry tub.

Category drain cleaning

05/08/2016

David B.

I tried to unclogg our only toilet with a plunger,no go.Called 2 plumbers,American river plumbing ranswered the phone,gave us an appt 90 minutes later.The plumber,George arrived and snaked the maim sewer line out quickly,and our issue was over.

Description of Work
toilet clogged up

03/24/2016

Stella D.

George came out at the time he stated. George took off the faucet head as we told him the pressure in our kitchen sink was low. George said that the one button on the faucet head was stuck on close. George actually showed my husband how to remove the faucet and open that button himself if we should accidentally close it again. George said that the faucet probably has a lifetime warranty and that we should call the manufacturer and ask them to send us a new faucet head. We would use George again for any plumbing or repair issue.

Description of Work
Cleared the 'closed' position of a button on the faucet. George is very professional.

Category drain cleaning

02/05/2016

Patricia H.

George answered my phone call on Sunday. After asking a few questions about the water heater, George first proposed checking the warranty. He came out on Monday morning as promised, diagnosed the problem as a faulty control/thermostat, contacted the manufacturer and confirmed it was under warranty. He picked up the part and installed it the next day. I couldn't be more pleased with George's responsiveness and professionalism.

Description of Work
Diagnosed and repaired water heater.

01/28/2016

Allison B.

George, the owner, answered my call on a Sunday. We made the appointment for him to come the next day, giving me a half hour window for his arrival. On the day of service he called me to let me know he would be arriving in 20 minutes. George was prompt and very professional.

Description of Work
Replaced Water Heater

01/27/2016

Helga K.

George was great. Unplugged all the sinks in no time. We are good to go. I called George at night and he was at our house the next morning.

01/09/2016

Jeff R.

George was very responsive, professional and an all around great guy. Even though he had a full schedule, since he happened to be in my area, he understood my immediate need, responded quickly and professionally and saved the day. He will always be my 1st pick when it comes to plumbing needs. Two thumbs up, A++++.

Description of Work
Snaked my kitchen drain.

12/27/2015

suzette B.

I called American River plumming late Monday night, got a return call early Tuesday morning from George, I told him that we had no hot water. Gave him the name of my water heater he told me what he thought it was . Said he would pick up the part and could be at my house by 11:00, after he he finishes with another customer. He actually got to my place by 10:30, replaced the part and was done and gone by 11:15. We had hot water 30 minutes after that. George very nice and knowledgeable. It was great to come across someone who has been in the business for a long time, who was willing to drive out of his area to fix my water heater. I can't say the same for Water heaters inc. Whom which I called first and the Guy I spoke with knew the problem but told me he did not carry the parts to fix my water heater, he told me That I should Contact home Depot who had contractors that can help. George on the other had asked me what the model and serial was so that he can get the part before he came to my house. If we have any issues in the future with plumbing we will be contacting American River Plumbing for help.

Description of Work
Replaced our pilot on the water heater.

10/13/2015

DAVID A.

Everything provided by American River Plumbing was outstanding. George (the owner) was on-time, courteous, competent and competitively priced. We also experienced no "hard sell" from George, just useful and constructive advice.

Description of Work
George, the owner of American River Plumbing, installed a new low-flow toilet and gave us sound advice regarding some other plumbing-related matters (e.g. water heaters). After talking with George, we purchased the toilet that he installed for us.

09/25/2015

Adair L.

It went very well and was performed quickly. I was well-pleased.

Description of Work
Replaced flapper in toilet and installed new handle to flush toilet. He also check faucet in kitchen and water heater.

07/25/2015

Stacey R.

George responded to my voice mail within ten minutes and scheduled an appointment at my convenience. He unclogged my toilet and sink promptly. He left the area clean and dry. He was professional and courteous and his price was very reasonable...considering I had another plumber come out that was almost double his hourly rate. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Unclogged toilet and bathroom sink

05/29/2015

Jan T.

Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Home sales contract called for flushing our water heater. We attempted to do this on weekend; hot water would never run clean. Called George Memorial Day. He came on the holiday and said that the water heater had probably been dropped when it was installed eight years ago. He replaced the water heater that day after giving us the choice of trying to do a quick fix or replace. This is the fourth time that George has done plumbing work for us.

04/17/2015

DIANNE S.

George is of the highest caliber and I highly recommend him if anyone is needing a good plumber. He was punctual and he did not take very long to get the job done and was very careful to not track dirt in the house, using mats to wipe his shoes. He saved me a lot of money on this job as other quotes were so very much higher. He seems like a patient, kind and very honest man also which is always a plus in my book. Truly a light in the darkness in the plumbing world!!!

Description of Work
George brought my hot water heater into safety and compliance codes with the correct plumbing needed. He also fixed my bathroom shower/tub valves and installed a very nice new shower head so that I could control the flow of water. A sink faucet was also fixed so that it is easy to turn on and off and does not drip. Everything was left very clean and neat when he was done

04/10/2015

Charlene C.

The interaction felt great, and he felt like a really great guy. I misunderstood him when we first spoke. He seems pretty honest.

Description of Work
I spoke with him last night about his prices, after cancelling a Big Deal purchase I had made.

04/09/2015

Louis D.

Outstanding. All my experiences with service providers should be this good.

Description of Work
Helped select and then installed a "comfort" toilet in a bathroom used by elderly guests and other visitors. Very nice guy and super helpful and pragmatic.

03/01/2015

NOREEN P.

I called American Plumbing on a Saturday morning to unclog a toilet. I had used this company on one other occasion, a clogged disposal drain. On this occasion, I wasn't sure what to expect on a Saturday morning, but George answered, and told me that he would come when he finished his current job. He arrived in a timely way, and he had a tool that unclogged the toilet quite easily. I asked him, as long as he was there, to run his device through the 2 other toilets in the house, and he did that at no extra charge. He gets right to work, but he is also personable, and he told me that the problem is the hygiene wipes we all buy. They tend to get caught in the drain, and contrary to the advertising, apparently they don't dissolve. I would use him again because his prices seem within the range I am willing to pay, and he gets the job done in a timely way. He's careful when he works, and takes care to protect walls, floors, etc.

Description of Work
I called them on a Saturday to unclog a toilet.

01/13/2015

Shiron O.

I paid an additional $250 apart from the $79 deal. They were very professional and got right to the task. But I did find the price I paid for a little high.

Description of Work
I used the big deal of American River Plumbing. They replaced three lavatories. I had the materials, they just provided the installation. I think it also includes the faucets and showers.

01/11/2015

Nicholas G.

George was very professional. He gave us an accurate estimate by asking us specific questions regarding the work that needs to be done.

Description of Work
Change our kitchen faucet and replaced one connection

River City Water Heaters and Plumbing

River City Water Heaters is run by two longtime friends that go way back. Starting off as plumbers, they then found an interest in working with water heaters. Now, they offer 24 hour emergency water heaters for the people in and around Sacramento because they know what it’s like to have something go wrong in the middle of the night and not know who to call. Thankfully, River City Water Heaters & Plumbing will come to the rescue.

A Star Plumbing

Plumber, specializing in new house and remodeling, water heater replacement. Professional and courteous. Give us a call today for your FREE Quote!

2022 Super Service Award

Huft Home Services

At Huft Home Services, we want to be the HVAC, electrical, plumbing and insulation company you trust. We take pride in serving the members of our community and strive to exceed expectations with everything we do. Having a reliable heating and cooling system in your home ensures you can stay safe and comfortable. We are the Heroes for the job! Our services are available for any make or model of heating and cooling systems no matter the age. Our NATE-certified technicians work under the Huft Creed and will always do the right thing. Our company has been operating with integrity since 2004, and we’re proud to be both BBB-accredited and NCI-certified. With our expert electrician specialists, rapid response times, and truly heroic customer service, you can feel great when calling on our team. Just as with all of our top-rated and award-winning home services, our electrical department ensures that you get the golden treatment every time we are in your home. From a simple matter like a flickering light to a whole-home rewiring project, we work quickly, safely, and effectively to deliver results that we know you’ll be 100% satisfied with every time. Whatever type of plumbing problem you have, we can address it. Our team can service any plumbing system or equipment regardless of the brand, make, or model. We vow to meet your needs with competence and courtesy to deliver long-lasting solutions. Moreover, our representatives display some important core values on every single visit. These include honesty, respect, integrity, and transparency. We are your home services HEROES!!

2022 Super Service Award

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

Plumbing, Drain Cleaning, Water Heaters, New Bathroom Install, Tankless Water Heaters, Line Replacement & Install