System 1 Acoustic Ceiling Removal

Founded 1978 • With Angi since December 2008

Using state of the art equipment, our highly skilled staff can remove your old popcorn ceilings in a day or less with no mess. We use the highest grade of materials possible, and we offer many textures to choose from. Our estimators bring texture and paint samples to your home, so you can see the

drywall (121)interior painting (88)plastering (42)lighting (7)house painting (3)flooring (2)

06/09/2022

Marlo L.

Pedro did a great job at repairing my drywall and removing popcorn from my ceiling. The team at System 1 Interiors is very professional and is genuinely interested in doing a good job for its customers. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Popcorn removal and drywall repair

Category drywall, Uncategorized

Work Completed On 06/08/2022

04/29/2021

Ilana K.

We are getting ready to put our house on the market and needed the whole interior painted as well as drywall work done too. We interviewed 4 different painters and after speaking with Richard we decided we would use his company to do the job. Both my husband and I felt comfortable with him and he also seemed the most confident and knowledgeable about this kind of work; answering all our questions in detail. The job looks great and done right on schedule. Thank you Richard and your team; we feel like we have a brand new house!

Description of Work
Drywall and Interior Painting

Work Completed On 04/29/2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. It was a pleasure to work for you!

03/28/2021

Jerry R.

It could not have gone better. Work was performed on time. Finished job was excellent.

Description of Work
Big Bear home needed popcorn ceilings removed and painted

Work Completed On 03/28/2021

Thank you so much for writing this review. It was a pleasure to work for you!

03/19/2021

Victoria m O.

I had a very unfortunate situation with previous work done on my walls - to remove a Southwestern texture that was literally everywhere in my home. I contacted System 1 interiors and told Richard about my situation. He showed up to the appointment on time, spent over an hour with me and set me up for a very realistic expectation. He and his team definitely over delivered. His team was on time every day, professional, cleaned up after each day and they got the job done in the time-frame that was set forth. Everyday I look at my walls and I am very happy I made the choice to take a chance on System 1. I did not know that they could be repaired and look the way they do...and the "Light Cloud Texture" is beautiful and different. Thank you so much to Richard and his team for turning a really unfortunate situation into a positive one. My home looks great! :-)

Description of Work
Repair texture removal from previous job

Work Completed On 03/12/2021

12/09/2020

John M.

Needed the acoustic ceilings removed in our master bedroom. Richard was able to quickly provide an estimate as well as expert guidance on our options. Pedro and Jose were prompt, courteous and meticulously clean and everything was completed within just a few days. Very impressed with how everything turned out and with the efficiency and professionalism at every step in the process. Looking forward to working with System One again.

Description of Work
Acoustic ceiling removal and painting

Work Completed On 12/08/2020

Thank you for your review. Looking forward to working with you again!

12/05/2020

Vince A.

System 1 did a great job. Workers were professional, well informed, courteous, always keep areas very clean. Transformed my ceilings from a dated cottage look to flat professional surface. Looks much better than my expectations. Highly recommend System 1. They do Excellent work.

Description of Work
Ceiling Plaster removal

Category drywall

Work Completed On 12/05/2020

Thank you for the review! It was a pleasure to work on your beautiful home.

10/08/2020

Christine L.

Loved the work they did on my ceilings. Richard was very straightforward with how much things would cost, what would need to be done, and the turn around was so fast and so nicely done. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Removal of popcorn ceiling

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

Thank you so much for the review! It was great working with you!

09/19/2020

STACY C.

Everything was done to perfection. Very little to no mess left behind. My ceilings are fabulous!

Description of Work
Popcorn ceiling removal

Category drywall

Work Completed On 09/19/2020

Thank you for the review and for the opportunity to work for you!

08/18/2020

Sharon H.

Wonderful experience with Richard. Worked with him and his team to remove popcorn ceiling in an apartment unit. Richard is very prompt and knowledgable. His team did such a clean and professional job. Will continue to work with him.

Description of Work
Popcorn ceiling removal

Category drywall, plastering

Work Completed On 07/27/2020

Review for System 1 Acoustic Ceiling Removal - 4195 Chino Hills Parkway, Chino Hills, CA - 38811149

Thank you so much for your review! It’s a pleasure to work with you.

05/26/2020

William H.

They were thorough, professional and clean. Very nice folks to work with.

Description of Work
remove acoustic ceiling, repair ceiling, plaster then paint

Work Completed On 05/25/2020

06/26/2019

Justin H.

These guys are top notch, no nonsense. Richard came very quickly to look at the house and gave me a quick quote and scheduled a work day right away. His guys worked quickly and were very clean. Two days of work for perfect ceilings. Very happy.

Description of Work
Scraped acoustic ceilings and painted ceiling

Work Completed On 06/18/2019

05/31/2019

Doug M.

Great quality and professionalism! They were timely everyday and thorough, yet expedient. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Great quality and professionalism! After having the popcorn ceiling removed from my town house, system 1 came and gave me a great new ceiling. I also had them paint all of my walls and closets.

Work Completed On 05/31/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. It was wonderful working with you! -Richard, System 1 Interiors

04/19/2019

Andrew K.

I needed a 20x20 hole in my wall repaired. The hole was caused by electrical work and these guys came in and replaced the drywall and mudded it in exceptional fashion. Their work and professionalism is outstanding and you can't be the price.

Description of Work
Drywall Repair and plaster

Category drywall, plastering

Work Completed On 04/09/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so glad you're a happy customer!

04/17/2019

Doreen D.

Richard's team did a GREAT job!! If you want to give a new look to your ceiling, go no where! This is the team to work with!! I had been planning for a while on removing the popcorn ceiling, adding recessed lights and have ceiling painted to restore smooth surface. I shopped around for two weeks, got quotes from five companies, read a lot about popcorn ceiling, and found Richard's System 1 Interiors team seems to have the most promising work quality with good reviews. The texture options he offers and the look of LED lights all are what I want. I requested a quote through Angie's List and received a call from his team in a day. We set up an on site estimate right away. Richard was very knowledgeable and friendly and had all my questions answered. His rate is one of the best that I got quoted for. FYI if your house was build before or around the time when asbestos was banned for popcorn texture, Richard 's team can also take samples and have them tested. I immediately decided to move forward with him for this project at the end of the estimate. His electrician first added recessed lights on a Thursday, the next day popcorn ceiling was removed and light cloud texture was applied (almost the same as smooth texture!). Then the ceiling was left during weekend to dry and painters came in on Monday to finish the work. Everything was done within one week! This is awesome. Richard suggested the light cloud texture instead of perfectly smooth because my ceiling is not very flat and smooth will just expose all the imperfections. I'm glad I went with his suggestion and now really love the light cloud ceiling! His guys did a great job for everything---the lights, the popcorn removal and the paint---I'm very happy and satisfied. I can't stop smiling when I see the new recessed lights and the "smooth" ceiling!

Description of Work
Popcorn ceiling removal, apply texture and paint, install recessed lights

Category drywall, lighting, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/15/2019

Review for System 1 Acoustic Ceiling Removal - 4195 Chino Hills Parkway, Chino Hills, CA - 37824772

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! Great customer testimony!

01/19/2019

Therese C.

I called around to several companies for quotes on popcorn ceiling removal, drywall, and texturizing ceilings. I have a home that was built in 1923 and has plaster for the walls and ceilings. Most of the companies are afraid to do that type of work on a house built in the time period. After speaking with Richard, I decided to go with his company because his crew had done work on similar houses and was confident that they would make the ceilings restored and beautiful again. His guys worked in two crews. Two guys come in and do the removal, drywall and texture. Once that is dry, then two guys come in and do the painting after that a few days later. The first crew came, including Pedro his foreman, and another guy. They spent a few days doing my living room, dining room and a utility room. They come, work all day, and clean up after they leave every day. They tape everything up and everything remains clean and spotless. I can not tell you enough how amazing their work is! They did such a beautiful job on the ceilings. I also have beams on my ceilings they had to work around, and the transformation is just incredible. They’re customer service is outstanding and they’re trustworthy, I went to work and they worked in my house all day. I came home and everything was clean and tidy. Once they finished the job, everything was put back in place. A few days later the paint crew came in, and painted everything in a few days. They painting is beautiful and attention is paid to all the little details. If you’re in the market for this type of work, it’s so important to pick the right company. I would highly recommend Richard, Pedro and the crew. I will never use anyone else again for this type of work, only this company. And I’ve already recommended them to a couple of people. Really outstanding work! Thank you guys.

Description of Work
Popcorn Ceiling Removal, Drywall, Texture Ceilings and Interior Painting

Work Completed On 01/09/2019

01/14/2019

Kenneth D.

My wife and I recently had a lot of plumbing work done in our 1962 home. The work required opening our plaster walls and ceilings at several locations. Hammers were used and major damage was done. Richard’s crew was able to repair all the openings to look like the original plasterwork. No one would ever know there had been major damage. Following the repair work, Richard’s crew remove the plaster “popcorn” from our ceilings. This “popcorn” was actual plaster, not the soft type installed over drywall in the 1970s. After removing the “popcorn”, a beautiful pattern commonly called “clouds” was added to provide a very modern look to our ceilings. A second crew then came in to paint the ceilings. We are very pleased with the results and have received a lot of great comments from our friends about the quality of the work. We have been able to make several referrals. All the work was done as requested and in a very timely manner. They were very careful to cover all surrounding areas to prevent any damage and they did a great job cleaning up afterward. All their work is exceptional, and the cost was very reasonable. We have used System One three times previously going back almost twenty years and their work has always been of very high quality. Richard and his people are great to work with and we highly recommend them.

Description of Work
plaster repair, acoustic ceiling removal, interior painting

Work Completed On 08/15/2018

06/05/2018

Sandra J.

The 3-day project went smoothly, and as described ahead of time. Everything was covered in plastic and protected. The workers showed up on time each day, and they were pleasant, professional, and quiet.

Description of Work
Removal of popcorn ceiling, re-texture and paint ceilings throughout house

Work Completed On 02/13/2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We are so happy you are pleased with our work.

04/16/2018

suzette I.

So Happy with my interior paint job!! Richard put us on the schedule and his crew went straight to work. Timely, professional, neat and courteous. Jose and Diego were on time everyday and left the house neat and accessible. We used System One in the past for our acoustic removal, and were very pleased with the paint job of our entire home, looks amazing thank you Richard and Crew!!

Description of Work
interior paint

Work Completed On 04/10/2018

Thank you so much for writing this review! It was great to work for you again!

01/25/2018

Doug Z.

This was a surprising painless experience after years of dread. Richard came out quickly and gave us a reasonable bid. The price quoted was at the top of the range, but he demonstrated why during his tour of our apartment. He had a much better command of what would be required and how best to do it. Sure enough, the work was done very quickly, exactly on schedule, and with excellent attention to detail and quality. This was far from the terrible experiences we've witnessed when handymen and other non-specialists did the same kind of job for friends. First of all -- our expectation of dust everywhere was just wrong. They use moisture to remove the popcorn so there's no dust at all. Zero. The place was completely clean when they finished. Exactly as promised, it took the specialized crew just one day to move furniture, seal off all surfaces with dust/muck proof plastic coverings, scrape the ceilings and refinish with our chosen sheetrock mud finish coat. Then it had to dry for two days (turned out to be just one in our case due to hot/dry weather). The following day the second crew came in, moved the furniture again, covered walls and floor, and painted the ceiling beautifully. We were able to move back into the condo that night. Technically you can stay in your place while it dries, but it was much nicer staying in a friends place since we had that available. Perfect quality work and a month later we're still staring at how great our ceilings look. I spent many years in high end real estate restoration, so have seen the good and bad. I really can't recommend these guys highly enough.

Description of Work
We had a little over 1400 square feet of non-asbestos popcorn removed from our ceilings

Work Completed On 12/14/2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. It was a pleasure to work for you and I am very happy you are enjoying your new ceilings!

12/22/2017

Julianne H.

This review is long overdue. We had such a small timeframe to get work done and it was during the summer when Richard's team is extremely busy. Our house is 2,400 sq feet and we have vaulted ceilings in two rooms. Richard worked hard to fit us in and they got the job done very quickly. His team was fast, efficient, and clean. We hardly had to do any clean up. Our ceilings look great. They used a special texture (which I don't think other companies offer) that make the ceiling look flat. I didn't like the orange peel or knockdown texture look that other companies offer. They didn't take any shortcuts. They took the time to take down all of our light fixtures and covered our entire floor and furniture in plastic to keep everything from getting dirty. I highly recommend this company and would definitely work with them again.

Description of Work
We have a 2,400sq foot house and Richard's team scraped off the popcorn from the ceiling, re-textured, and painted.

Work Completed On 09/23/2017

Thank You SO MUCH for your king review! So happy you are enjoying your new ceilings! - Merry Christmas! - System 1 Interiors

10/07/2017

Ray K.

We have a large home with cathedral ceilings. The took off the acoustic ceiling, plastered and painted throughout our home. All the work they have done for us has been exceptional. They are on time each morning, they do an excellent job of covering your belongings and at the end of the day they clean up so that your home is as livable as possible. These guys are true professionals and I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
System 1 just completed the painting of the exterior of our home, this after having used them for acoustic ceiling removal and interior painting last year. We were so happy with their work last year that calling them to paint the exterior this year was a no brainer.

Category plastering, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/22/2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Likewise, it was wonderful to work for you a second time! We are all so happy you have had a great experience with us. We care. We care about people like you. Thank you from everyone here at System 1 Interiors! -Richard Owner

09/21/2017

Adriana S.

System One Interiors did an outstanding job. Richard the owner, came out 1 day after I called him. Super nice and helpful. I live in Orange County so he does work all over. Gave me a fair bid and he was able to set up a start time within a week. Asencio, who removed the popcorn ceiling and did the taping and skim coat showed up early (that never happens) so right away I was impressed. He worked non-stop and did a great job. This is an older house so it was a lot of work to skim coat the walls and get them straightened out. They look like new. Jose came 1 week later to do the painting and he was there before starting time as well. He too worked non-stop from start to finish and did a fabulous job. Both men kept everything clean, when they were finished you never knew they had been there except for their excellent work. I would highly recommend System One Interiors. Very, very impressed with the quality of their work. You can really tell they care about what they do.

Description of Work
We had 1 room left in our house with a popcorn ceiling that was removed and the room was also painted.

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 09/21/2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! It was wonderful to work for you and we are glad you are happy with the work!

09/06/2017

curt L.

Richard and his crew, ..... very prompt, clean and courteous. great experience. Richard was very easy to work with. All the work was done on time and professionally. Every employee was on time and very helpful, and very good at what they do. My house looks great. We will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
7 can lights, 1 ceiling fan brace and electrical leg. popcorn removed and medium cloud texture. ceiling sealed and painted throughout entire house. 2 bedrooms completely painted plus all trim and one wall repaired & textured.

Category drywall, lighting, interior painters