About Trees

Founded 1999 • With Angi since August 2010

1100 Fortress #2

Chico, CA 95973

About Trees is here to assist you in any of your tree care needs. Serving Northern California with quality and reliable tree services since 1999. Always Free Estimates!!...

05/07/2020

Dale D.

Could not get them to get here at time frame I needed just for an estimate.

Description of Work
A tree trimmed so it did not shade my solar panels.

11/03/2017

Marjorie S.

It went very well though there were a couple of small concerns after the work was done. After my contacting the office and explaining these concerns, they were immediately addressed to my complete satisfaction. I would definitely have them do more tree work for me if needed.

Description of Work
Had two very large pine trees taken down, with most of the wood taken away and all the branches chipped

09/05/2017

Jackie C.

They did a great job

Description of Work
Trimmed my palm trees

04/10/2017

Robert H.

It was excellent. They did more than I asked them to. They cleaned everything thoroughly. Went above and beyond, just exceptionally nice.

Description of Work
They removed a tree and did trimming services.

01/31/2017

Caroline N.

Great. They were efficient and thorough. They had to use a chipper and had a large trailer to hold the debris from the chipper They used a crane to hold up the 12"diameter 19' long limbs that were over the trailer so it was not further damaged.

Description of Work
Removing and cutting up a 40-50 foot pine tree that fell over onto our fence and on a neighbors yard. The bulk of the tree fell on top of our neighbors utility trailer.

10/31/2016

Bart P.

Outstanding job. Great customer service. Left the place neat and clean.

Description of Work
Removal of two large trees.

09/28/2016

john P.

did not contact

Description of Work
did not contact

Category landscaping, tree service

08/10/2016

dawn D.

BEWARE - THEY TRESPASSED ON MY PROPERTY AND STOLE OUR GIANT PILE OF FIREWOOD! THEY WOULDN'T LEAVE! I ACTUALLY CALLED THE POLICE. This is the most bizarre situation ever. We rent a very nice home in Paradise and the owner had three trees cut down to make room for solar panels. The tree company who chopped down the trees was loading the wood to dispose of it and I asked if we could have it. The tree company said absolutely because it saved them a lot of time and left it for us. Fast forward a week - our property managers called to tell me that About Trees saw the wood and was going to come pick it up. I told them that we asked to keep the wood and to cancel the Monday pickup. The PM's called About Trees and told them that the wood was ours and to leave it. Yesterday I am downstairs WORKING, no bra, no shower, trying to have a telecon with my boss and I hear this banging noise. Thinking it was a deer stuck on something, imagine my surprise when I see three guys loading up our wood. I told the guy in charge that the wood was to remain with us because we asked for it and he told me "I am the owner's son and this wood legally belongs to my dad so we are taking it." He wouldn't leave!!! So I went in the house, called the property managers and freaked out. THEN CAME THE CHAIN SAWS!!! That was the last straw as I am trying to work!!! The confrontational head guy was gone and I made the two others leave. They spit on my driveway and pulled away in their ABOUT TREES truck. I called my husband to tell him what happened and through the trees I see the same guy pointing out the wood to our neighbor!!! I think he was trying to load up the rest of the wood by accessing it through my neighbor's yard!! At this point I am alone and totally freaked out that these shady characters with chain saws are going to attempt to steal our wood by trespassing via our neighbor's driveway. At this point I called the police and had them on standby until I saw the truck leave. I think my neighbor told them no. The Property Managers called the owner of the house and the owner had the About Trees woman who mows our property every Wednesday call me. She informed me that she had no idea who the guys were but also told me that she had also been on our property on Tuesday, not her normal day and with no notification or approval from us, loading up her truck with our wood!! Our PM's told her that the wood was ours and told her not to pick it up!!! She told me that legally she was entitled to the wood because the owner of the house told her she could have it. I told her that the wood was going to the trash pile per the owner's tree company and we asked to keep it. This all happened yesterday and I am shaken up. The guy yesterday was A LIAR - he is not the homeowner's son (their son is eight!). I have weirdos on my property with no notification just showing up and taking what they want on two separate occasions! I thought about not sending this review fearing that they will trash my property or take the little bit of wood we have left, but people need to know about this. IT IS ILLEGAL TO BE ON MY PROPERTY WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. IT IS ILLEGAL TO TAKE THINGS THAT ARE NOT YOURS WHEN YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN NOTIFIED NOT TO TAKE IT. IT IS SO UNPROFESSIONAL TO BE TOLD TO LEAVE THE WOOD BUT TO GO BEHIND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT'S BACK AND ASK THE OWNER WHO CLEARLY KNEW NOTHING ABOUT THE ENTIRE SITUATION. WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS ARE YOU RUNNING!!! Shame on you and your bizarre illegal business practices. There are hundreds of hard working landscapers in this area, I suggest you steer WAY CLEAR of About Trees.

Description of Work
We didn't ask them to show up, they came without notification. I told the head guy that he couldn't be on my property without advanced notice. He told me that he rang the doorbell. ?? Since when is that advanced notice! He then told me (as his workers are loading my wood) that he was the owner's son and legally the wood is the owner's wood. Total lie, the owner's son is eight!! He wouldn't leave, he just kept loading our wood.

Category landscaping, tree service

05/04/2016

Janice H.

Description of Work
They arrived quickly and cleaned up the problem well.

04/22/2016

Janice H.

Description of Work
Cleaned up a fallen branch. Later pruned the tree. Went well..

04/07/2016

Michael W.

04/02/2016

Lorna C.

The estimate came in writing via email, and all communication after that was with an office person, Nicole. I emailed specifying which parts of the estimate I wanted done (work on another tree was cancelled). As another reviewer wrote, their internal communication was not good. Crew did not know part of job had been cancelled, neither did the billing person so I got a bill for work that wasn't done. My biggest problem, though, is that instead of cutting the tree one section at a time and lowering it, they felled it all at once to fall into my driveway. Right next to the tree, between it and the driveway, was a 30 year old 4-foot tall beautiful, healthy juniper that over the years I've trimmed in a bonsai style. This poor juniper was crushed by the falling tree, with a good half of it now a pile of broken branches. I sent an email to Nicole about this problem, was told Scott would come by and look at it and "make it right," but three weeks have gone by and I haven't heard from him. Also, the crew unnecessarily trampled other plants in the yard, crossing rock flower bed edging to take short-cuts to the truck rather than taking the gravel path.

Description of Work
Cut down one Chinese pistache tree that was approximately 45 years old.

02/25/2016

john T.

Description of Work
I called About Trees in Chico, California to have some stump grinding done at my rental. The job was performed with expertise. I would recommend them to any one with a tree problem.

12/24/2015

Robert Z.

The work went very well even during poor weather. This is the second time that I have used them and they are consistent in terms of value and quality of work. They seem to enjoy what they are doing. They made a point to follow up to make sure that I was was satisfied with the work. The one lower point "B" on price is due to their not giving a senior discount. However I did not even shop around for other prices as I have been very happy with the quality of their work.

Description of Work
Removed a full size tree, removed a smaller cherry tree, trimmed a Bradford Pear, removed a Birch, trimmed Magnoias and Maple away from the roof

03/13/2015

Scott B.

Came out gave me an estimate and explained everything the crew would do. Showed up on the date and time specified. The two man crew worked with accuracy and are true pro's at what they do. Climbed my tree and trimmed out dead branches and limbs that needed trimming back, took care of that and cleaned up all the cuttings and hauled it away. Very impressed!

Description of Work
Trimmed out my Raywood Ash, gave me an estimate and kept their agreement and did a great job! I will hire them again.

07/15/2014

Robert H.

Great job as usual ! We have used About Trees several times and will do so again.

Description of Work
removed 4 trees and trimmed several more

04/14/2014

Phil H.

4 guys arrived on time to do the job. Very personable and professional. Took about 4 hours. Didn't leave a mess or break anything. thx Phil

Description of Work
Cut one oak tree down and trimmed 5 large limbs of another oak tree. Removed all debris. Cut the big limbs in 16 in pieces.

12/15/2013

Larry A.

cleaned up a large branch that fell from a tree

10/28/2013

Mike S.

Our experience was great. The crew showed up right on time. They had to work in a narrow side yard to remove the trees. It was fun to watch them work. It is truly an art to do this kind of work without damaging the house and fence etc... They did a great job cleaning up. They also did a terrific job with the stump grinding. I thought surely there would be some sprinkler damage and they used extra care in gettting the job done while keeping the sprinkler system in tact. Gread job, I will recommend!

Description of Work
Removed three trees, performed maintenance prunning on two large trees and performed stump grinding on stumps.

09/27/2013

Angela L.

All went extremely smoothly and was a great experience. I'll keep it short and sweet as there is nothing negative to say!

Description of Work
Trim, thin and raise canopy on about 6-8 trees on our property.

09/10/2013

Marilyn M.

The crew and office staff at About Trees is professional, courteous and knowledgeable. They arrived early at scheduled appointments and provided a wealth of info about tree replacement in this process. Scott, the tree crew supervisor, was a pleasure to work with. The tree crew themselves were professional, courteous and worked non-stop in doing their job. They downed the trees, cut them up and raked everything to remove the debris. The job was done in a matter of a few hours and when they left there was virtually no trace of the trees left behind. They cut the larger pieces into firewood size, as requested, and chipped the rest. There was no trace of trees ever having been where they were nor was there any trace of debris remaining. The trimming of the trees was perfect, too. If anyone ever needs to have trees removed, trimmed or otherwise... I would highly recommend About Trees as a go to for the job.

Description of Work
Removed 6 dead trees and trimmed remaining.

07/22/2013

Angie K.

They did a terrific job. They worked for nearly three hours. We're very hopeful that the tree will now be able to heal and will survive.They did an excellent job of cleaning up after the work was completed.

Description of Work
About Trees is helping us to save our HUGE mulberry tree. It has a crack in the lower trunk. It was in need of a good trimming and needed to have some branches removed to help balance the tree.

07/18/2013

Robert H.

Went very well. Stumps were ground the next week. Cleanup was excellent.

Description of Work
Removed three raywood ash trees from yard.

04/10/2013

Lesley B.

I have nothing but great things to say about them. We plan on using them for tree removal soon as well. The gentleman that runs the company is very nice. We had problems with a lemon tree and he came out and secured it and did not charge for that service.

Description of Work
They cut a tree down completely. They trimmed trees as well.

04/30/2012

Lesley B.

They were very good. They were reliable, and showed up when they said they would. They did a really good job cleaning up, and they left the stuff we wanted them to leave. The pricing was very fair, and we would use them again.

Description of Work
We used About Trees for tree service about 2 months ago. We had a big, big tree trimming job, with lots of different trees.

Category tree service

- thank you for your review. We always want to hear feedback from our Customers!! Leah Wills, About Trees

Sunset Landscape Services

We offer complete landscape installations, renovations and cleanups for residential properties and a comprehensive landscape maintenance program for commercial & multi-family properties.

Robert Tompkins Tree Service

Robert Tompkins Tree Service maintains a team of skilled professionals who are experts in tree services. We are licensed arborists trained in all tree service needs such as tree trimming, tree removal, and stump grinding in Chico, CA. We know that sometimes making decision about trees on your property can seem overwhelming and difficult. Allow us to help you in deciding how to manage your trees by providing expert insights and knowledge about your tree’s health and the risk factors it may pose. We’ll work with you throughout the process to make a decision you feel comfortable with whether it’s full tree removal and stump grinding, tree trimming, or another management plan. Furthermore, tree trimming and removal are dangerous tasks that are best handled by a professional. Put your well-being and your property’s safety first by contacting a quality tree service company such as Robert Tompkins Tree Service. Robert Tompkins Tree Service specializes in Chico, California tractor service, for all of your tractor needs. Many people find themselves in need of a tractor for jobs around the house, but don’t want to invest in purchasing one, because their needs are too rare to justify the purchase. For these instances, Robert Tompkins Tree Service’s tractor service is the perfect fit for you. You can hire our tractor and driver to take care of your job whenever you need! In Chico, CA and the surrounding areas, count on Robert Tompkins Tree Service for all of your tree service needs. In addition to our knowledge and experience in tree care and removal, we pride our team’s professionalism and responsibility. We’ll be sure to honor all appointments and finish our work efficiently and effectively. Give our friendly staff a call today to discuss your tree service and stump grinding needs. We will be happy to answer any of your questions and schedule an appointment to begin working.

Phoenix Timber Company

We are a local tree service started after the Camp Fire in early 2019. We strive to provide quality, affordable service to our clients. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

Tree pruning, tree removal, tree re-planting, stump grinding, and more!