Progressive Insulation & Windows

Founded 1978 • With Angi since January 2005

California
California: Contractors
02/28/2022

9750 Topanga Canyon Blvd.

Chatsworth, CA 91311

Progressive Insulation & Windows was founded in Chatsworth in 1978 and has grown into one of Southern California's leading replacement window and insulation companies. We stand above many of our competitors because of our commitment to provide excellence in the installation of our products. Though we now have more than 70 trained installers and sales reps, we still do business in the same customer-centered tradition that propelled us to success in our early days. We are still a family-owned and operated business that truly cares about the customer experience before, during, and after installation of any of our products....

window replacement (203)insulation (83)door installation (39)home energy audit (14)egress window (3)HVAC Companies (1)

02/11/2022

alison P.

This review is almost 2 years past due but because of family illness and death I kept putting it off and I greatly apologize for that. In March, 2020, I contacted Progressive after finding out Exodus, a company I hired to install a sliding door in the early 2000s was no longer in business and that the owner now works for Progressive. On a Sunday evening I had a problem closing the door by about 12 inches and left a frantic message on their voicemail. It probably seems silly but it was winter and I had an elderly parent living with me so I was very concerned with the cold even though I did everything I could to cover it up. Before end of business on Monday Progressive came out and fixed the (thankfully) very simple problem and asked for nothing in return. What more can anyone ask for? I will be forever grateful for their assistance.

Description of Work
help with sliding door

Category doors

Work Completed On 03/30/2020

05/02/2021

Ngoc T.

I wrote a review earlier explaining that they had told us the estimated lead time was 6-8 weeks. DO NOT BELIEVE THEM. We finally had our windows installed 17 weeks after the contract was signed. They have terrible customer service leading up to the install date. We were the ones putting in the effort to find out an estimated delivery date of April 13. When the date came and we received no notification that the windows had arrived, WE emailed the office to ask where our windows and doors were. We had an issue with the molding that the installers had arrived with and the installers tried to contact the main office about a solution. I was told I would receive a call from the office about what could be brought on the second day of installation. I received no call (of course) and the installers brought what they had the next day. We just wanted the job to be over with. The actually crew that came was very courteous and professional, but that doesn’t make up for the 17 weeks of unprofessionalism we had to deal with in their office. Their communication was a joke. The only call we received was after we posted our first bad review which somehow disappeared. They had our email too. Very disappointed in this company.

Description of Work
Installed 6 windows and 2 sliding glass doors

Cost $20,400.64

Work Completed On 04/27/2021

02/26/2021

Ngoc T.

Waited 8 weeks only to find out that it will take another 6 weeks before our windows will arrive - not even install! DO NOT BELIEVE THEM when they tell you the turn around is 6-8 weeks and then write 7-12 weeks in their contract (but could be longer and their not responsible). Extremely unhappy with their customer service. Windows came 17 weeks after we had signed the contract. They did not even reach out to us when they finally arrived. WE emailed them after 16 weeks. The only time they called us was after we wrote this review. Their crew was professional and courteous, but that doesn’t make up for 17 weeks of the main office providing terrible customer service.

Description of Work
Replace 2 Sliding glass doors and 6 windows

Cost $20,400.64

Work Completed On 02/27/2021

10/02/2020

jamie M.

Fantastic, These guys are great! Great Value, easy referral!

Description of Work
New construction Insulation

Work Completed On 10/02/2020

09/22/2020

Jim K.

it didn't, I made it clear that I needed a security screen door installed, NOT INSULLATION, despite describing this to your web site MANY times, it was never clearly understood by you. I will NEVER use you again, and will tell everyone I know NOT TO USE your site.

Description of Work
installing a screen door NOT INSULLATION

Category doors

Work Completed On 09/22/2020

09/11/2020

Lily L.

Excellent. The entire team at Progressive is terrific to work with: Eric helped find the brand and style of windows that were right for us; Pedro, Cesar and Cedro clearly knew their craft in window installation; Nancy, Glenda and Joe were easy to work with in billing and final details. We could not thank them enough for making our house more comfortable. The windows are great!

Description of Work
Replaced all windows throughout the house.

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

08/31/2020

Patricia C.

It was wonderful, I would recommend them, responsible, dependable, clean and wonderful workers to work with.

Description of Work
They put in all new windows in my house.

Work Completed On 08/30/2020

08/20/2020

Erik R.

Eric was fantastic at the giving the quotes. The Installers were on time and efficient and extreme quality ! Very professional, very friendly, Informative and knowledgeable!

Description of Work
Excellent! Extremely great!

Work Completed On 07/29/2020

07/24/2020

Joni W.

Knowledgeable, friendly, reliable, and professional. Eric took the time to explain everything and understand what we wanted. The installers were super nice and accommodating. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
New windows and front door

Work Completed On 07/16/2020

Review for Progressive Insulation & Windows - 9750 Topanga Canyon Blvd., Chatsworth, CA - 38745877

05/17/2020

Jesus O.

They call me and said someone would call me back to give me an estimate. It never happened

Description of Work
Cellulite insulation shot into a few existing interior walls

Category insulation,doors

Work Completed On 05/17/2020

11/12/2019

William H.

Very well. We competed three or four companies to help with a partial remodel, and were most comfortable with Progressive. One of our windows was a non-standard size with an arched top which had to be special ordered. The job was not without challenges, but Progressive was very responsive and focused on customer satisfaction. Of particular note, when they replaced our slider which leads to a balcony, they took out our old slider and identified an issue with the water proofing that would cause long-term issues. They stopped their install so our general could remove tile on deck and modify pan before they installed the door. They could have just installed the door and not had to make a second trip back after the general contractor's rework to complete the slider install. We likely wouldn't have realized the problem for 4 or 5 years, but they did the right thing and paused so we could get an underlying issue resolved. I don't think you see that kind of integrity with a lot of contractors, but you do with Progressive.

Description of Work
5 windows (2 nail in, 3 retrofit) and sliding door replacement

Work Completed On 01/31/2020

11/03/2019

joanne M.

We had used Progressive Windows to replace all the windows and patio doors in our home 10-12 years ago. We were extremely satisfied. A few years ago we replaced one of the patio doors and again were fully satisfied. This year is a different story. We need to replace a kitchen window. I called a few months ago and was told I would get a call the following week. Nothing. Then I went to the showroom a week ago and was told the manager would call me on Monday. Again, nothing. I don't know what has happened to this company, but it is not the same company we had worked with before. I am doing research to find a replacement for Progressive Windows! (update) This is an Update to a review I wrote 5 days ago in which I gave Progressive an F. Since then I was contacted by Gary Stout who went above and beyond in helping find a solution to a fairly unique window problem I was having. I am beyond pleased and satisfied. And I am happy to convert my negative review to a positive. We have done business with Progressive for at least 10-12 years. My experience this time highlighted for me how important it is to get to the right person. For me, Gary Stout was the right person with the expertise to deal with a unique problem.

Description of Work
Replacement Window

Work Completed On 11/03/2019

12/06/2018

Kevin R.

Company was fantastic! Bery patient with me. I took a long time to decide to do this and they never faultered. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Attic Insulation

Work Completed On 11/05/2018

12/05/2018

Robert D.

Progressive was professional from start to finish. Mike W.did the estimate, he was punctual and thorough, and he came up with a solution for a persistent problem which nobody else had suggested. The estimate came by e-mail, and I was able to sign the contract on my phone, and schedule the job immediately. I received several courtesy calls confirming the appointment and letting me know what to expect, and the crew was on time and went right to work. I had not cleared enough space, and they were gracious about it. They worked nonstop until complete, and left the areas they worked cleaner than when they arrived. They did a great job, everything looks perfect.

Description of Work
Remove and replace attic insulation; install insulation in previously non-insulated great room.

Work Completed On 12/05/2018

11/21/2018

Steve V.

Sales rep was knowledgeable and had a window example to show and brochure. Proposal was more detailed then other companies. Crew came a little late but knew what they were doing and worked fast. They did a great job of preparation and window installation. They removed old windows and cleaned up everything and demo'ed windows.

Description of Work
4 windows replaced

Work Completed On 11/19/2018

11/05/2018

Leslie P.

Progressive's bid was the lowest but they had the highest reviews on both Angie's List and Yelp. They showed up on time for both the measuring appointment and the installation. 8:30, Jorge and his crew arrived. Super polite and responsive, they set to the installation of six windows and two sliders. They put down tarps everywhere and over everything. By 1:00 they had windows in and were almost done with the sliders. By 6:30 they had the whole job done, which included all the moulding, which they gave a quick coat of high gloss white paint to. They cleaned up everything, put anything they moved back in place and left the house almost cleaner than when they started. Jorge when over everything with us and made sure were were satisfied. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Replacement windows and sliders

Work Completed On 11/05/2018

08/02/2018

Lucy R.

Loved their sales representative, very kind, pleasant, knowledgeable and offered quality work and quality product without over charging. The Insulation has been completed and the ethics and cleanness of their workers was very satisfying. The windows will be install next week since they have to be measure and then made to match the measurements. But I am sure I will be happy with their product base in my prior experience with them. Thank you for asking, because they have my recommendation.

Description of Work
This Company was hired with two purposes, one to Insulate my house and to put 5 new windows and two glass doors.

Category insulation,replacement windows,doors,energy audit

Work Completed On 08/02/2018

05/16/2018

Josi M.

The Progressive team was great throughout the process. Sam, the salesman, was punctual and professional, and was happy to revamp my estimate a few different times based on some changes we were considering. The installation team was very clean and I am very happy with the look of the new windows. They went above and beyond with their trim work and they did a great job matching the stucco on the exterior of the house (the inspector even commented on the quality). There was a scratch on one of the panes that we noticed right after installation, and they helped us get it replaced right away. I have also had to call back for minor questions (getting an updated invoice for tax purposes, etc) and they have always gotten back to me same-day. I highly recommend working with this company, especially since their prices were so reasonable compared to the other companies I got estimates from.

Description of Work
Replaced 7 wood/aluminum windows with Amerimax vinyl, 2 of which were cut downs to increase the window size. The cut downs included re-stuccoing the exterior around the window.

Work Completed On 09/29/2017

11/14/2017

Charlene H.

the balcony area gets lots of weather and not much protection from sun and rain and suffered from leaks, improper drainage, and wood rot: the vinyl slider provided was a good choice for this area, a superior product for the money. we compared a lot of products. we felt that anything containing wood or wood by products would not hold up and would need more care in the long run. this is the second time Progressive has done work for our family. over time, we will use them again to replace other openings, but waterproofing the balcony was the main focus at this time.

Description of Work
replaced balcony sliding door.

Work Completed On 10/30/2017

11/08/2017

Diane P.

We signed a contract for services and when they got here they told us that they were not able to do the work they proposed and they did not have the right material to do the work. Their actions caused major delay in our remodel. The real problem begins with the salesperson who said the job could get done regardless of accessibility. The integrity of the installers is to be commended as they explained that the job could not be done as promised with batt insulation and could be accomplished using blown in insulation which they were not prepared to do. The second part of the job involved insulating one room with a flat roof that would use high density R-21 insulation which they did not have and were unable to acquire. I had to cancel installation of drywall of ceiling and am in search of another contractor. Professionalism unable to rate above since salesperson rated F but installers rated A

Description of Work
Insulate our attic space

Work Completed On 11/07/2017

Our sales consultant met with Mr. [Member Name Removed] regarding attic insulation. Mr. [Member Name Removed] requested batt insulation be installed in his attic and our consultant told him that it shouldn't be a problem. When the installers arrived at the job Tuesday morning they informed Mr. [Member Name Removed] the access was too tight for batt insulation. They said that they would need to blow in the insulation to insulate the attic. Unfortunately, that requires a different truck and crew. Our dispatchers let Mr. [Member Name Removed] know that we could be there Thursday morning. I called Mr. [Member Name Removed] as soon as I heard there was a problem to see how we could get this resolved. By that time Mr. [Member Name Removed] already had another insulation company coming out to do the job. Progressive has been insulating homes for 40 years now. We do make mistakes, but our goal is to always do the right thing and correct them. We are sorry for the delay we caused Mr. [Member Name Removed] and we will continue our pursuit to earn the complete satisfaction of every customer that invites us into their home. Gary Stout Gen/Sales Mr Progressive Insulation & Windows

10/19/2017

Celsa G.

The work was very professional and excellent. They did an excellent job and worked very hard to get the job done. We had a small paint issue, but it was resolved quickly and to our complete satisfaction. They are complete professionals and right on time. We would highly recommend them to anyone looking to install windows and doors. Thanks to Sam who came to give me the estimate, Joe who came and did the measuring, and to the three great hard working gentlemen who came and did the work (I'm sorry I don't recall their names).

Description of Work
We had 9 windows and a sliding patio door installed last week.

Work Completed On 10/12/2017

07/19/2017

Alex B.

Guys were great at all phases of the project. Project was done in 6 hours and I was very happy with the results. The project made a huge difference to temperature in the house. Temperatures in the summer were approximately 10 degrees cooler and about 10 degrees warmer in the winter. An added benefit is that the insulation also reduced outside noise. It was a win-win scenario for our family.

Description of Work
Walls required insulation.

Work Completed On 05/11/2017