Excalibur Van Lines, LLC

CA
California: General

9466 Lurline Ave

Chatsworth, CA 91311

“Good help is great during a relocation, but expertise and organisation is priceless.” Excalibur Van Lines will move heaven, earth or whatever else it may take to make your relocation day as simple and stress free as possible. From the easy to understand pricing structure, right through to the physical logistics and planning of the big day, Excalibur Van Lines endeavours to deliver nothing but a professional service. Whether it’s locally in Los Angeles or long distance, you can rely on Excalibur Van Lines to carefully remove your property’s contents onto our vehicles, and quickly place it in to your new property. With 6 years of experience, an excellent rating with the Better Business Bureau, and an efficient team of licensed, bonded and insured professionals, you can be sure we will deliver the service you require and deserve. LICENSES: #PUC 190128, MC #527371 & DOT #1383790. Additional DBA: Excalibur Van Lines. Additional phone - (818) 775-0370....

movers (470)storage unit (10)

05/21/2022

Laurie R.

Never enter into any verbal contract/ agreement with this company because they will change it and bully you into a corner. They also have many illegal business practices, the staff particularly Bianca is grossly unproffessional, they enter into an agreement and take money(they demand it or else- always threatening) but don’t have the contract written up and you can tell that someone not knowing how to write a contract did it then being unwilling to revise it so it protects both parties. Threatening again to change things if I don’t sign a very poorly written contract to not honor the agreement. There are many movers that are just as good snd a lot more professional.

Description of Work
Moving/storage

Category moving companies, storage units

Work Completed On 05/20/2022

06/11/2018

Kimberly M.

They were fantastic. They were thorough and quick. In the past we have had some movers who sort of did some shady dealings where they wait until they get your stuff on the truck and then charge you more than they originally said to get your stuff off the truck. These guys were professional, clean and courteous. They were honest. They kept their word on what they said the price was. They came in and said they could get the job done in a certain amount of time and they did. Because we were on a tight budget at the time they found ways to work with us. If we said we can't afford to wrap things like this they would say no problem we will find another way to do it and they would work with us to cut corners. I have nothing but great things to say about Excalibur. We were in a situation where we had to move twice in about 4 months so the second move we weren't looking forward to. We hadn't expected to have to do but the place just wasn't working out for us so we expected that move to be sort of torturous and it wasn't. Excalibur made it a much nicer process for us.

Description of Work
Moving

Work Completed On 03/11/2017

10/26/2017

Lupe P.

Excellent. Money well spent. Fast and careful crew

Description of Work
Moved 2 bedroom storage unit

Work Completed On 10/11/2017

10/23/2017

Alexander B.

Fantastic! I’ve already referred them to another friend who’s moving.

Description of Work
My wife and I moved from our apt to our new home. These guys moved quickly. They were on time, courteous and patient. We had a large piece of furniture that needed to be put in a specific room but I didn’t know it could be taken apart. Edwin figured it out and made it happen.

Work Completed On 10/07/2017

09/27/2017

Elaine W.

Great moved everything carefully and completely.

Description of Work
Moving packing unpacking and putting away all stuff.

Work Completed On 04/26/2017

09/04/2017

Shanna K.

Terrific. Helpful, friendly, professional, accommodating crew of movers, management likewise accommodating and professional.

Description of Work
Short distance move

Work Completed On 07/29/2017

08/08/2017

STEVEN & JOANNE K.

Overall responsive, timely, and completed move with minimum of damage; did loose hardwRe to queen sized bed and desk; had to supply additional hardware and install after movers left.

Description of Work
Moving to second stores apartment

Work Completed On 05/02/2017

08/07/2017

Richard B B.

The crew and supervisor, Zack, did a wonderful job. Every time Excalibur said they would do something from the initial contact on they always followed through, always on time with great attention to detail. Thank you for a well executed and comforting moving experience!

Description of Work
Move from Los Angeles to Las Vegas

Work Completed On 05/19/2017

04/18/2017

Shannon B.

They're just incredible. I've used them twice already, I'd use them again and again. I don't do reviews for people but I went on their website and gave them an incredible review because people that are outstanding - you just don't find them anymore like that. They are incredibly professional and very helpful. They're outstanding for customer service. It just doesn't get much better than that for who they are. They're just outstanding.

Description of Work
I used them in 2013 and I hired them again to move my daughter from one house to another.

Work Completed On 04/28/2016

03/27/2017

Kimberly M.

The movers came, worked well and got the job done fairly quickly.

Description of Work
Moving from condo to house

Work Completed On 05/15/2017

03/08/2017

Shannon B.

Unbelievable service, on time, expertise, so careful with all belongings, well wrapped, very organized, sent enough people that the move went very quickly. I can't praise this company enough. This is the second time we have used them. Once to move us and they were so wonderful I hired them again to move our Daughter and family. Excellent price.

Description of Work
Moving to new home

Work Completed On 03/08/2017

12/13/2016

Aaron H.

Excellent! From the moment I called to inquire about their services, I instantly felt that I had found the right moving company. Everyone I spoke to on the phone was courteous and professional, and our movers themselves (Oscar M., Ernesto L., Damian) were an amazing team! Have already recommended them to someone, and would absolutely hire them again.

Description of Work
Moving from apartment to house.

Work Completed On 12/13/2016

11/08/2016

Renee C.

Ok. But do not leave them alone at any time. Always watch them or you may be sorry.

Description of Work
Helped us move across town.

Work Completed On 09/07/2016

10/07/2016

Stan C.

It went ok. They weren't great, but I didn't get the feeling they were ripping me off.

Description of Work
Moved a 3 bdrm house from LA to AZ.

Work Completed On 07/27/2016

10/07/2016

Kaila D.

I can't say enough how amazing these guys are. I have very delicate furniture and they had everything wrapped and delivered without a scratch. They answered any questions I had and helped me with anything I needed. Thank you for making this stressful move seamless. Best part, no hidden fees everything up front and extremely honest and hardworking guys.

Description of Work
I needed help moving into our new my home and I needed professionals as we have many delicate pieces.

Work Completed On 08/11/2016

06/13/2016

Josh F.

The good: Price was good compared to other companies as they wait until they have a full load with other deliveries before they move your stuff. Customer service when booking the move was responsive, helpful and friendly. Took just over a week for our stuff to arrive. Nothing was missing. They were fast and efficient and the guys on both ends worked hard and were professional. They charge you for supplies like tape and wrapping materials. The tape was reasonable so we just bought it through them. We provided the stretch wrap that we bought at Home Depot. We ran out and they used their own for awhile until we got more and didn't charge us for it. They didn't nickel and dime us for small things (i.e. using the stretch wrap while we got more, they gave us some used wardrobe boxes for some bulky items, etc). The not as good: We had most of the stuff unloaded into the garage since we were still doing some work in the house, so only a few things actually got unpacked by them. One was the dining table. One of the legs broke because they poorly wrapped the legs together in just a blanket vs using stretch wrap to keep them together. The guy was very professional and took pictures, noted it on the delivery sheet and said we can call to make a claim. We didn't end up bothering to make a claim because the table was still functional based on where it broke and the break was hidden from view. However, as we finally got around to fully unpacking and removing all the blankets and stretch wrap, we noticed that there were several other things that got a little roughed up - all things that were packed by the movers. A couple of examples: Our infant swing was scratched up in several places (still worked, but now it's harder to sell because it looks kind of beat up). Our dryer (which had only been used for a few months before moving) had a big dent in the control panel dash. Some of our furniture had chipped paint on the edges and corners. Nothing was damaged enough where it didn't work, or where we would be able to get anything from a claim. But it was still annoying that things didn't arrive in the same condition as they were when they left our house. We packed our boxes really well, so nothing was damaged in any boxes. But you could tell they had been loved. You could tell that heavy boxes were packed on top of light boxes, so many of the boxes weren't really good enough to get another use out of them. Even though this review may seem more negative than positive, we would still consider using them again. It was still generally a good experience and those guys really do work very hard. If you are just doing an in town move, it's probably not as big of a deal, but if your stuff is going to be moved a longer distance where it is getting unloaded and reloaded onto trucks, the take aways are 1) make sure that you pack your boxes really well and 2) pay close attention and be particular about how your furniture is packed.

Description of Work
We moved from Southern California to Northern California. We packed all of our boxes ourselves and they packed/wrapped the furniture for us.

Work Completed On 07/01/2015

06/01/2016

Hugh B.

Excalibur was fast and efficient throughout our move. Booking with them was easy after we knew we wanted to go with them as there was other companies that were even giving cheaper prices but Excalibur just seemed right as they had a balance of good reviews and pricing compared to others we talked to. We got the day we sought for at the time we wanted and on the day of the move the foreman of the crew gave us a call 30 minutes ahead of time just as the sales rep said they would so things were looking good early. The movers always looked intact with one another as it showed that they've worked together for a while. After just over 6 hours of work we had nothing to report missing or damaged thankfully as the move went great. The only reason a gave a B for pricing was because they weren't the lowest price available but the service was great.

Description of Work
Excalibur provided us with excellent moving service

Work Completed On 05/06/2016

04/20/2016

Billie J.

Moving for anyone is not pleasant, and feeling anxious about finding and choosing the right company makes it more so. I was lucky to have picked the right one. When I spoke to Bianca for details and what to expect, especially if we planned to box everything ourselves and what if I don't have everything done. She assured me there would be no cause for concern because their movers always come prepared with supplies to do anything that needs to be done. I got a verbal estimate followed with an email. I felt the estimate was a fair price and also comfortable to book a moving date. I liked their attentiveness to the upcoming move with several calls making sure all information was correct. On moving day they called that they would be there 45 minutes to an hour. We appreciated the heads-up, but would have liked it more if the move time wasn't a two hour window 8AM to 10AM. The crew consisted of three men; Tony, Marcos and Oscar. They were everything I could have wished for. Turns out everything wasn't completely boxed, hanging clothes and lots of boxed shoes. They suggested putting them in a temporary garmet box for the move and retrieve them at destination which worked out great. The crew that did the work was Tony, Marcos and Oscar which were the fastest workers I have ever seen, which was a sight to behold. They were fast but careful, polite and accommodating in every way, very much professionals in moving. Thankyou Excalibur for a painfree move.

Description of Work
Moving from a West LA bungalow to a Woodland Hills house.

Work Completed On 04/06/2016

03/26/2016

Jennifer M.

These guys are the best! I am so happy I found them. I was nervous about hiring movers to get me from Santa Monica to my new home in Long Beach, but from my first call to their office to when the movers showed up, I was so glad I chose Excalibur. Everyone I dealt with was so nice, professional, and explained the entire process to me in a clear way. I can't recommend them enough. Zach, Alex, and Juan were my moving team and they made everything to easy. I didn't have to do a thing. Thanks, Excalibur!

Description of Work
Moved my home from the westside of LA to Long Beach, CA.

Work Completed On 03/24/2016

02/11/2016

Christine A.

They were great. Very helpful with everything

Description of Work
Move from upstairs apt to downstairs

Work Completed On 12/22/2015

01/28/2016

Jane T.

Wonderful job by the movers from Excalibur Van Lines they really looked like they knew what they were doing. The move got to little of a shaky start because I was hoping to see them early on the arrival window because I had the elevator reserved at our new home for a limited time and I didn't want to cut into to it. The movers arrived a little passed 9 a.m so I was a bit worried and I let the movers know but they said it would be fine that they would do their best to get it done fast. They weren't lying the movers were faster than anyone else that ever helped me move they packed, wrapped , and stacked with ease and they always helped one another. My worries were quickly diminished and we got to our new home at the time we were hoping for. After a few hours of unloading the guys finished with no damages to report and luckily nothing missing. They even put everything where I wanted it making easy to unpack. Thank goodness we found a good moving company to move us thank you very much Excalibur Van Lines.

Description of Work
Moved us into our new home out in Los Angeles without much of a problem

Work Completed On 01/25/2016

01/25/2016

Henry S.

Overall the move was a success I was sent 4 guys and all of them did a great job. The movers wrapped and stacked all of our belongings into their truck without scratching a thing. The only bad they did was forgetting a box at our old place but I was able to retrieve it. The guys unloaded our belongings at our new place quickly where we directed them to but were doing so carefully. Very happy by the work this company provided they were excellent.

Description of Work
The Movers from Excalibur helped us move into our new home in Los Angeles

Work Completed On 01/22/2016

01/18/2016

Danika H.

The movers from Excalibur were great as soon as they arrived they were all work; going from taking our packed up boxes, to wrapping, then to stacking without deviating from the job. We have lots of things so luckily we got a free on -site estimate earlier that week by Excalibur so we knew it wouldn't all fit in the truck; so the plan was since our new place is not far from our old home they would do 2 trips. The move was a success as they finished not only without damaging a thing but they did it well under the not to exceed as the movers were fast. Thanks for the hard work Excalibur.

Description of Work
This moving company did an excellent job moving us into our new home which was not too far from our old home.