Elie's Lock And Key

Founded 1969 • With Angi since September 2005

10180 MASON AVE

Chatsworth, CA 91311

Elie’s Lock and Key was established in 1969, and has been providing excellent service in the same location since. Recently it has undergone new management but the amazing advantage of shopping has not changed. In fact, the store has been newly remodeled so that shoppers now have an amazing show room as well as the standard benefits any key shop provides. What’s truly astonishing about Elie’s is that it provides assistance to not only the Chatsworth area but also all throughout The San Fernando Valley. Aside from the everyday lock and key support, the store also offers an assortment of supplementary products inside the store. Visit the store and see for yourself the unsurpassable service, remarkable products, and friendly staff. You can also call or email to schedule an appointment for residential, commercial, and auto services. Elie’s Lock and Key is a licensed, insured, bonded, and police permitted full-service, lock and security solution. We have been serving the San Fernando Valley for 38 years, and are capable and ready to fulfill all your needs. Our locksmiths are all licensed and professionals of the job....

09/12/2017

Elizabeth C.

He arrived at 11:20 and left at 11:30 and charged me $90. I knew there was a $50 service fee to come out, but for 10 minutes to take a screw out and put it back in didn't make sense to me that it would cost $40 for 10 minutes. When I called and spoke to the owner, Harry, he said that it doesn't have anything to do with the amount of time. I told him that all he did was take one screw in and one out and he's only 8 mins from my house. His response was "Well I have to pay rent" Well if he has to pay rent by overcharging, I will not use him again or recommend them to my friends. I have given him business in the past and recommended my friends to him before and he just doesn't care. I think they are a dishonest company.

Description of Work
I called them out to adjust the entry double doors into the house. I couldn't get the deadbolt lock to work easily.

Category locksmith

Prior to this service, you came to our store two times for information in which you were given a full break down of our services and costs and quoted $85-$100 for the services you required. I pride myself in being able to attend to my customers in a timely fashion and will not apologize for completely my work quickly. I have been doing this for many years and have mastered my craft. I charged you the price you were quoted twice and completed the job I arrived to do. When I arrived to your house there was an elderly plumber that you were price haggling with as well and he was asking you to give him $20 so he could fill up gas in his truck, which you only ended up giving the poor man $10. He was asking for a good review on Angie's List and you used that to get his service for $10? Using Angie's List to make people work for reviews or for little money is completely wrong. Businesses have a set of rules and prices for a reason and taking advantage of professionals is uncalled for. You then proceeded to call our store and say the plumber only charged you $10 and it was crazy that I was charging you $90 when the plumber was saying "please at least give me $20 to fill up my gas tank." I'm not sure if you thought you could get away with that with my company and price haggle with me, but we quoted you a price for a service that I completed in a timely and quick manner and then you were upset that we charged you the price that we said we would. It is unfair of you to call my business dishonest because of everything stated above and the fact that this seems to be a clear pattern for you with your service providers! You are welcome to continue to haggle your way with other service providers but my business is a family owned, honest company that does not partake in deals such as that.

08/20/2017

Albert K.

Punctual, reliable, reasonable and very professional

Description of Work
Installation of entry latch & dead bolt

04/26/2017

Lynetta H.

Very responsive. His expertise saved me >$500. My go to locksmith!

Description of Work
Repaired old legacy lock on front door.

12/24/2016

Maynard G.

Over the years, I've used Elies and they have always provided honest work at a fair price. I recently needed them to do an expensive lock replacement, but I was told they could likely rebuild the defective lock, at a fraction of the cost of a new lock, and that is exactly what they did. This company is a local gem .

Description of Work
Rebuild front door locks

12/08/2015

Roger H.

07/29/2015

Anna M.

I was mostly happy with the service, but was surprised that one of the locking mechanisms is such that you can easily lock yourself out of the house. This happened once and I was extremely fortunate I had my keys on me! The workmen said this is to code now. Perhaps, but I really dislike this lock. It is not something I would ever want installed again. He didn't explain this to me until after it was installed. I was also charged $25.00 for an adjustment on a bedroom doorknob which took less than 3 minutes. I felt it could have been done as a courtesy considering all the other money I spent. Overall good experience though.

Description of Work
Re-keyed two locks, installed two new door knobs (one locking), adjusted a bedroom door lock.

Category locksmith, doors

10/15/2014

Norman B.

Description of Work
Reek yes 5 locks and made 4 sets of keys. Everything went well.

07/30/2014

Pat D.

They were fine. They performed very well. They were very fast and very responsive. They were very pleasant people. Making key copies is not a bigger job. In all respects, they were fine. I don't have a comparison for the price.

Description of Work
Elie's Lock And Key provided duplicate keys for me.

06/21/2014

Charles F.

Elie's representatvie showed up exactly on time and wasted none in figuring out the problem and solving it. He verified that another lock did not have a problem. He was polite, efficient and knowledgable.

Description of Work
Diagnose and replace substandard pins on door lock and check another door lock.

06/06/2014

Loretta Y.

They had spray WD40 on and it worked.

Description of Work
They helped me open my door.

06/03/2014

Shirley F.

Very good service, did a good job.

Description of Work
Fixed a lock for the house.

Category locksmith

We are very grateful for your business and look forward to hearing from you for anything else you may need from our business. Artur

05/05/2014

Cynthia S.

He got the job done but I thought the cost was exorbitant. When you need this kind of service, you need it quickly and don't have time to shop and compare prices.

Description of Work
Changed mailbox lock

Category locksmith

Hello [member name removed], My name is Arthur, from Elie's Lock and Key. After reading your review I am a little confused. I tried to solve the issue with Angie's List, but they said that you are positive that our company is the one who did the service and they can’t do anything else. The confusion I am having with this review is that we do not service Huntington Beach, CA. Huntington Beach is more than 60 miles away (one way) from our shop. Our maximum range for service calls is 12 miles from the shop-has been for 8 years-and you can see that on our store website as well as on Google Maps. On top of that, we have a flat rate for mailbox lock service of $85. This price includes the drill open of the old lock (if there is no key) and the replacement of a new one with 2 keys. I have a lot of invoice copies from other customers for this kind of service. 1. My guess is that there is a mistake with the company name (if in fact the service have been done in Huntington Beach, CA) because it’s out of our service range. 2. Or if you are leaving the review for someone else (the person you are leaving the review for has to be in same household by Angie's List regulations) in our area, then other services have been done aside from the mailbox lock service which will increase our flat rate $85 amount to $200. The easiest way to fix this confusion is to give us the invoice number so we can pull it out from our service database and verify it. If there is a overcharge of $115 for the mailbox lock service only, we will return the amount $115 and send our apologies for our mistake. You can fax the invoice at: 818-882-5765 Email us at: elieslocks@hotmail.com Mail us at: Elie’s Lock and key 10180 Mason Ave. Chatsworth CA, 91311 Or simply call us at: 818-882-2525 Thank you

07/04/2013

Suzanne E.

We just had our front door refinished, so the first time Arthur came to my house he felt the door was still too tacky to install the lock. His clamp would leave marks on the door. We left the old deadbolt on and he returned two days later. He had all the necessary equipment with him to re-drill the holes and install the new lockset. He was here nearly two hours and was very meticulous in getting everything to line up perfectly. I was very pleased with his work and would not hesitate to call him again.

Description of Work
Installed a new lock set on my double front doors

06/03/2013

David S.

Arthur arrived on time, was both polite and efficient. I would call Elie's Lock again.

Description of Work
Re-keyed a lock and provided 6 keys.

Category locksmith

Thank you [member name removed] for your business. We are looking forward to hearing from you again. Artur

05/13/2013

Kristina D.

I called for an estimate from several places and Elie's was the most reasonable and prompt response. We scheduled a time the very next day that was convenient to me. He was prompt and quick.

Description of Work
Elie came to the house and switched out one lock and repaired another. He was quick and professional. Very affordable price.

Category locksmith

We are very grateful for your business [member name removed] and look forward to hearing from you for anything else you may need from our business. Artur

05/02/2012

Abel G.

We used them to change a lock on the door.. We are happy with their work and they are a good service

Description of Work
We had them change a lock.

Category locksmith

Thank you [member name removed] for your business and we are grateful that you were happy with the result. We look forward to hearing from you in the future. Artur

10/06/2011

Jeanne M.

My experience with Elie’s Lock & Key Company was excellent. The lock works well. They were very responsive and punctual. They were very professional. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Elie’s Lock & Key Company a couple of months ago. They installed a new front door lock.

Category locksmith, woodworking, doors

05/23/2010

Kimberly W.

I would HIGHLY recommend Elie's to anyone! I broke a key off in my front door lock, which always was difficult to turn. On a Saturday afternoon, he was at my house in less than 15 minutes from the time I called(but the shop is only about one mile from my house). He came in a marked truck with a uniform, repaired the lock . . . it now works better than ever . . . and made me extra keys in less than 30 minutes. I only paid $98 for everything. Excellent experience! Very professional!!

Description of Work
I broke a key off in my front door lock. He repaired the lock and made me extra keys in less than 30 minutes.

09/07/2005

I WENT INTO THE SHOP TO SEE IF THEY COULD FIX IT. HE WANTED TO KNOW THE TYPE OF LOCK, AND I WAS NOT SURE. AN HOUR LATER HE WAS OUT TO LOOK AT IT. THE DOOR LOCK THAT YOU PUSH WITH YOUR THUMB BROKE ON THE HANDLE. I CALLED ONE COMPANY, AND THEY COULDN'T FIX IT. I CALLED HIM, AND HE CAME AND PULLED EVERYTHING APART AND FIXED IT. HE HAD EVERYTHING IN THE TRUCK AND DID NOT HAVE TO GO BACK.

Description of Work
THEY REPLACED A FRONT DOOR HANDLE AND LOCK.

All Over Locksmith

We are a fully Licensed, Police Permitted, Bonded, and Insured Locksmith Company With 24/7 Complete Mobile Service. Make sure ALL Your Locksmith needs are covered only by the Best of the Best. We at ALL OVER Locksmith will provide you the service you’re looking for when you want Top Notch, Expert Residential, Commercial, Safes or Automotive Locksmith jobs, We do it ALL. Call us Anytime with ALL Your Security Needs.

Guardian Angel Locksmith

Guardian Angel Locksmith focuses on providing the most professional, honest and responsive locksmith services you have ever experienced. At Guardian Angel Locksmith, we make it a mission to build long-lasting relationships through trust and commitment to customers. We consider it our responsibility and obligation to provide you with the highest quality products and services available. Whether it is a simple lockout or a complex master key system, we value your business, your home and most importantly your time. We take importance in our work and in always providing consistent and excellent services. Thank you for your constant support and most importantly for choosing Guardian Angel Locksmith as YOUR LOCK AND SECURITY SPECIALIST!

Barak Lock & Security

Friendly, reliable full-service security firm and locksmith that has been serving Los Angeles area residents and businesses since 2003.

by phone only

Baldwin Mortise locks Repaired or Installed Door Closers Installed Locks Master Key Lockouts Locks Rekay New Lock Installed Door Drilling (Metal or Wood) Primus System Installed First Key Made for Homes Locks Repaired Gate Locks Repaired or Installed Gate Closers Door Viewers Installed First Key Made for File Cabinets & Drawers Safe Delivery Safe Installation Safe Combination Change Door Hinges Changed or Installed Primus Installation Primus Locks Rekayed Medeco Installation