Albano's Plumbing & Drain

Founded 1978 • With Angi since July 2005

20014 State Rd

Cerritos, CA 90703

Family owned & operated since 1978. Additional phone - (562) 924-2565. Additional contact name - Kelly Marchand. Award winning.

01/31/2020

Linn K.

They were very friendly and provided excellent service.

Description of Work
They fixed the water tube in my refrigerator, fixed the knob in my tub and helped me with my tank less water heater.

06/04/2019

Linn K.

They are great and reasonable. Eric is very very good.

Description of Work
Put in a new kitchen fixture.

12/28/2018

Sachin S.

The phone quote for the work was $350. However, the quote provided at the time of service increased to $595 for a job that took about 2 hours. I was not worried about the price as they reviewed the job and were better able to quote the service. My concern, that I communicated to the plumber was: 1) The mess they left after hydro jetting. I called the office and they sent the plumbers back to cleanup the mess. I would suggest they carry their own brooms & dust bins (and not borrow mine). From the plumbers response he said “we are not cleaners.” But professionally I would assume a clean environment is part of the job after causing the mess. 2) The area drain line still had a layer of mud in the drain that I pulled out in front of him. His response was that there will always be the layer of mud and no remedy to clean the line again was provided. Pictures included.

Description of Work
Preschool Area Drains Cleaning

02/15/2018

Nathan V.

We smelled gas and suspect a gas leak from the meter and had a technician from SoCal Gas to come by to check it out. After the initial test, the technician said that we have a very small gas leak. We called around to find a reputable plumber. We also found Mike from All Service Plumbing but Mike missed our appointment by 4 hours. We call Albano next and was scheduled for an appointment the next day. The next day, right on time, Eric shows up at the door. Eric checked out our gas line but didn’t find any gas leak. Eric said that he doesn’t know what to charge us for because in reality, there isn’t any gas leak. I love seeing this honesty in a business because I hardly see this honesty policy anymore nowadays. I asked Eric what can I do to maintain the gas line better and Eric suggested to do an upgrade on the valves. I agreed and the rest is history. I like Eric’s personality, I trust his work, he is professional, humble, honest. I even get a call from Ben (at the office). The Albano staffs are professional and I like it. I will keep Albano as a favorite. Ok here it goes: “Honesty is the best policy. You earn my trust, I give you my money.”

Description of Work
Small gas leak from the meter.

05/23/2017

Linn K.

They are very reasonably priced and very friendly people! They work they do is very good.

Description of Work
They've done several things for me, recently they fixed the faucet in my bathtub.

06/04/2016

sky E.

Arrived on time, cleared the drain, cleaned up the worksite. The scheduler and plumber were very friendly. Price was good, value was great. Will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Cleared clogged kitchen drain

06/01/2016

Linn K.

He did a few extra things for me. They are really good. He fixed 3 small things for me at no charge. Eric is wonderful, very honest and fair priced. I would highly recommend his services.

Description of Work
They cleaned out my tankless water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

03/31/2015

Julio F.

Albano's Plumbing is highly recommended. The staff are courteous, responsive, and highly professional. A gas line was damaged in the home due to an inadvertent drill hole (stud finders locate gas pipe, not just wood studs). Albano's proposed a repair for the gas line that was economical and fast. Other plumbers were consulted on the repair, and each one of them proposed a repair that was much more expensive - replacement of the whole segment of pipe to the next fitting. However, Albano's proposed a repair that included removal of the damaged pipe, rethreading at the point where the pipe was cut, and then pipe replacement using the newly threaded end. The repair was tested and accepted by the gas company.

Description of Work
Natural gas pipe repair on interior of home.

03/04/2014

Dani H.

Gave them our email to send the estimate. When we didn't hear from them after a week, called and were told they had the wrong email. Gave them the email again. Still no estimate sent.

Description of Work
Arrived on time to give us an estimate to have water line from house to street replaced. Were told they would email the estimate to us.

02/27/2014

LINDA D.

They suggest the best way to do things and offer alternatives based on what I can afford.

Description of Work
Any time I need any kind of plumbing done, I rely on Albano's. They respond immediately and take care of any plumbing job, large or small. Over the years I've had them replace faucets, fix outside leaking pipes, repair and replace toilets, install water connections for washer, under kitchen sink disposal system.

12/22/2013

mark A.

Had a drain problem. Turned out to be pretty difficult to fix. Showed up on time. Fair price for all they did. Came on Sunday.

Description of Work
I used Albano's Plumbing & Drain

07/01/2013

Scott A.

We had a toilet back up on us. Called over and spoke to Kelly who sent Eric out within 30 min. He fixed the toilet and didn't try to upsell us on anything we didn't need. He was very nice and I will definitely be using this company again. The 10.00 coupon was great too!

Description of Work
Replaced Fill valve.

04/29/2013

Robert J.

Professional arrived as scheduled and surveyed and discussed problem. Set up equipment and went to work under cleared kitchen sink. Ran equipment thru system and then went to up stairs bathroom shower and cleaned out drain. After interior drains were cleared used rooter tool to clear main drain to street. Plumber was very professional and provided tips as he worked. He was clean and neat and cleaned up before leaving. I would use him again and recommend the service to my friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Cleared drains in kitchen and upstairs shower, cleared main drain 50 feet to street sewer line.

04/19/2013

Glenn C.

I set an appointment with Albano's Plumbing & Drain for Friday which made it easy for me and the guy was right on time, pulled the trap apart and fixed it. They were really good. They answered the phone and they were very professional, they told me when they could be there and when they couldn't, they gave me a choice of when they could come, the guy who came over was nice and clean and he did a really good job. I was very happy. He removed the sink, fixed it, put everything back, cleaned up and he was done.

Description of Work
I used Albano's Plumbing & Drain. I had some problem with the sink not draining. He fixed the actual drainage and replaced the trap in it.

04/05/2013

Diane D.

They were good. It’s excellent. They took the time to go to get plumbing parts and pick up a needed part the same day and did not charge me extra for that time. Works are top rating.

Description of Work
We used Albano's Plumbing & Drain for plumbing service.

03/28/2013

sky E.

I called and spoke with Angelo. He gave me an estimated range of how much it would cost, and told me that he could have someone at my house within an hour or two. A plumber showed up in one hour, unclogged the drain, cleaned up, and charged me within the quoted range. The service was very good, and the price was very fair. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Unclogged kitchen drain.

02/28/2013

Joe L.

I have 3 Kohler Rialto one piece toilets that are very difficult to repair. The toilet seats attachment connections are not accessible so you have to remove anchors from the top and then insert and attach new anchors. I replaced the seats on a couple of them myself and it was an incredibly difficult process of trying to drill or break out the old anchors. Adding the new ones seems easy. Unfortunately if you tighten the new anchor too much it can expand and crack the toilet. Which I did. So now I had to replace one of the toilets. I contacted Albano's and explained that I needed to have the toilet replaced in the next two days because my wife was returning from a trip and would be very unhappy that I destroyed one of our toilets while she was gone. They sent Eric out within 30 minutes with the new toilet, at less than it cost from Home Depot, and he completely removed and replaced the toilet perfectly. These are expensive toilets. However, they told me up front what it would cost including service and they did exactly what they said for exactly the price they told me. No shenanigans. Eric was extremely helpful and professional. I will definitely use them again if I need any plumbing done.

Description of Work
I needed a toilet removed and replaced quickly in an upstairs bathroom.

02/20/2013

Adrianne M.

Albano's Plumbing & Drain are good. They are fairly close and I have called them a couple of times. I was remodeling my bath and they moved some stuff around. I had some other people coming for plumbing and they didn't put the stuff in the right place, so I used Albano's to put everything in the right place and then I used them to install my vent over the stove just because they were here. I found out it's better to do business with the local people, they were responsive and professional. I thought if I am upset with them then I can go and bang on their doors. They were responsive and seemed well versed in what they were doing.

Description of Work
Albano's Plumbing & Drain did some work for me in the bathroom and installed a vent over my stove. They also put the exhaust over the stove to go out of the roof.

Category handyman service, plumbing, remodeling

10/22/2012

Denise M.

Albano's telephone response for our immediate service request was handled in a professional and helpful way. The person dispatched a plumber to make the repair within a short time following the call. He was professional, knowledgeable, and efficient. I know being a plumber can be a dirty job, but the fellow just went to work in the mud and standing water to get the job done. Interestingly, when I've had preset appointments, although they have always shown up on time, they often didn't have the parts the job required, even though the job was described to the call center I called into. This visit was terrific! All work was done in one trip, done well, and the price was decent.

Description of Work
We broke a water pipe while removing an outside deck. The plumber came immediately, dug down deeper and found the leak, replaced the damaged piping, and stopped the leak.

10/18/2012

Warren D.

This was a fantastic company. Friendly, competitive pricing, but most of all - AVAILABILITY. Usually, I would have to call several my known contacts that I've known for years on who's available for that day. But the response was immediate. I'm quite happy with the overall organization, from Initial call to dispatch to the field service person.

Description of Work
see next - -

10/01/2012

John and Stacy E.

Said they charged by the job and quoted $150 to put in a toilet we bought. Then left the job cause he got a call and came back the next day to install a copper line for the fridge.. the connection was already there and he charge another $125 for 20 minutes of work. Not a happy camper since he never told us it would be $125 for 20 minutes of work and the cooper line. If it only took 20 minutes I'm not sure why he couldn't have finished it the day before. Never got the "Angie's list discount" that I know of. Watch out for their pricing!! I suggest getting it in writing before they start!

Description of Work
Install a toilet I purchased and install a copper tubing line for the fridge.

07/16/2012

LINDA D.

I called at 8:15 a.m., explained that I had a leak between the water shut-off to the house and the connection pipe to the yard's sprinkler system. They were able to schedule someone to be there between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. that day but said it would probably be between 9:00 and 9:30. Sure enough, the plumber arrived about 9:15, quickly assessed the problem, explained clearly what needed to be done and how much it would cost, and did a fantastic job of replacing the leaking pipes and made the installation much better than it had been when originally installed. He also noticed that there was a leak between the faucet and where I attach the hose and he tightened and sealed this connection so it no longer leaks. He cleaned everything up when he finished. I was pleasantly surprised at the reasonable price and that this was truly a "professional craftsman". Terrific job!

Description of Work
Replaced leaking pipes between house's main water supply and the yard's sprinkler system. Fixed leaking outside faucet.

Category plumbing

Customer, thank you so much for the positive feedback. So glad we could help!

07/05/2012

David C.

I called Albano's at 12:55 p.m. after a plumber failed to call or show up for an appointment window booked between 10-12 today. Jessie (sp?) answered the phone and said she could have someone out within an hour. Within 45 minutes of the call, two guys were at my house and snaked the shower drain. They didn't try to sell me any additional services, or tell me they needed a camera to look down the drain. In fact, while running water in the bathroom sink (which was backing up into the shower stall) they noticed the faucet didn't have an aerator which made the water came out at an angle. At no extra charge, they installed the small part that made the water come out straight. I used their $10 off coupon from Angie's List. Friendly, honest guys! Would call again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Snaked the shower stall drain. Gave me a complimentary faucet aerator.

01/07/2012

Ana S.

I feel comfortable with them in my home. They always do good work and leave a good impression. Very impressed.

Description of Work
They came out to fix our downstairs toilet.

Category plumbing

Thank you! We truly appreciate the positive feedback and will always be here for you whenever you need us.

11/15/2011

Harry L.

"Quoted for $225 - $250 and billed for $350" Mike quoted me that it would cost $225 - $250 to replace my main water shut off valve alone, but he needed to come back the next day with parts. Upon my request, he gave me another estimate for $325 - $350 to replace 8 feet (2 ? 2.5?) sewer pipe in the crawl space. Mike told me the sewer pipe was not leaking and I can replace it now or 6 months from now. However, he offered to do both jobs tomorrow for $550, and we agreed it. Later, I called their office manager, Kelly, and expressed that I only need Mike to replace the Shut Off valve because I have a great deal of concern for Mike?s health to perform a 1 ? 2 hours job in a 2 ft high crawl space. Mike was out of his breath just going down there few minutes for an estimate. Two day later, Mike showed up on time and he was polite as usual. He cut out my old gate valve, soldering up two side of a new ¾? coupling and both side of a new valve. The job was done. I offered to write him a check, but he said the their office will bill me. So far so good! A week later, I received a bill from Albano for $350 to replace the shut off valve. I was quoted for $225 - $250 and billed for $350. I called Albano and try to get a explanation from the owner before escalating this issue, however he is currently out of the town. I have used Albano service many times before, and I think this is an isolate incident. I believe they should charge me the price they quoted, and $350 is too much for a 45 mins job to replace a shut off valve. Don?t you agree?

Description of Work
The older Mike from Albano's plumbing (the company have another younger Mike) replaced my 3/4" main water shut off with a new ball valve. It is located in the front of my house with easy access to perform this job. Mike spent between 45 - 50 mins for this job, and his job is almost perfect. He also gave me estimate for cost of replacing a 8 feet sewer pipe in the crawl space.

Category plumbing

Hi Member. Thank you for posting your review. We're so sorry for any miscommunication that may have occured regarding price and are so glad your plumbing problem got solved. To avoid this in the future, we'd be happy to put the estimate in writing prior to the work being performed. We truly appreciate your concern for our technician the member's health. And as we had assured you over the phone, not only is the member an extremely knowledgeable & dependable technician whose been serving the community for over 30 years, but he is also in great health. In fact, he often swaps recipes for grilled fish and veggie dishes with the nice ladies in dispatch. Ha-ha! Again, thank you for using Albano's a please keep us in mind for your future plumbing needs Take care, Harry. :)