B A Morrison

Founded 1990 • With Angi since December 2005

2544 Castro Valley Blvd

Castro Valley, CA 94546

B.A. Morrison is a family-owned Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning (HVAC) and General Construction company. We have been in business since 1990 and are fully insured and bonded. Our employees are experienced, trustworthy, and honest tradesmen. We are ready to meet your needs in a timely scheduled manner, to your satisfaction, and at a fair price. We offer free estimates for regularly scheduled maintenance of your HVAC equipment, new and replacement HVAC equipment installation, and your general construction needs. Please consider our service, installation, replacement, or home improvement and remodeling services the next time you have a need for your residential or commercial building....

07/22/2017

Paul G.

No problems. The technician was on time, thorough and efficient.

Description of Work
Heater maintenance and thermostat replacement.

06/26/2017

Susan H.

They were very accommodating. It was something that had rusted and they were very accommodating on helping me to resolve that problem. There was a cost. It was a very minor problem.

Description of Work
I had them come and look at a problem that I was having with my heating element on my roof.

06/02/2017

Robert Y.

The Panasonic Fan and Led Light was so quiet compared to my old fan. The light was a night and day comparison.

Description of Work
Shower ventilation fan and light.

05/16/2017

william D.

fine fine fine fine fine fine fine fine fine fine

Description of Work
water heater replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

03/31/2017

Cheryl W.

They went over and above what they needed to do. They will always be my first call for HVAC and water heater.

Description of Work
Replaced a broken and leaking water heater.

03/15/2017

Chris H.

Estimator and installer did excellent job. Both we very knowlegeable and helpful in explaining what was needed and how to operate once installed.

Description of Work
Installed new heater.

02/08/2017

CHERYL F.

Great--BA Morrison folks always do great work. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
We have had a number of projects big and small--from installing new air conditioning to maintenance, etc.

01/17/2017

Gloria B.

This company has provided services for me several times. The current job is for a furnace repair for a house that I own that is not my residence. It is across the street at 18680 Reamer and I have been very satisfied so far - they are waiting for a part in order to complete the job.

Description of Work
repaired furnace

01/10/2017

Christine I.

great! Everyone was professional, efficient, punctual, polite. They answered all questions well, explained everything and cleaned up thoroughly each day as they left.

Description of Work
install new furnace, ducts, wiring They installed a new system including all duct work to replace an ancient floor/wall heater in our 80 year old house.

Category drywall, electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

12/12/2016

william D.

This particular model AOSmith is prone to making a loud noise when the gas fires up. They came back and fixed it.

Description of Work
water heater installation

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

10/10/2016

CARMEN W.

BA Morrison staff was exceptional and provided exceptional service. My floor furnace went out again after they repaired the it. Someone came out and repaired the floor furnace again, no questions asked. They were prompt and courteous at all times. I would highly recommend BA Morrison.

Description of Work
BA Morrison repaired my aging floor furnace.

Category custom cabinets, heating & air conditioning/hvac

06/09/2016

Karen P.

The two technicians always kept me updated, provided extra service, cleaned up after themselves and were extremely professional; they were just all around excellent! They were also very concerned about our dog getting out and made sure to close the door behind them when coming in and out of our home.

Description of Work
They installed a new central heating and air conditioner unit.

01/26/2016

Martha B.

The whole process went great. Brian is very nice and very knowledgeable. He checked everything out and found things to be in working order. Nothing amiss. He has put my mind at ease that I won't burn the place down! I asked him how much it would cost for his time and he said no charge. That it was part of his service to the community! WOW I didn't know that there are people like Brian anymore! What an asset to our community he is! Thank you Brian.

Description of Work
Brian came out to diagnose the loud buzzing sound my upstairs neighbor was hearing and complaining about. Neighbor thought it was my hall bathroom fan.

Category electrician

11/09/2015

Susan N.

Having to untrip breaker box, sparks coming from outlets. After inspection, he identified my problem, We shut everything down. Within 48 hours had everything reconnected. Had to use a truck and a crane to get things re-strung. This all happened over a weekend. Gave me a call to let me know it was done. We went to each outlet to plug/unplug and breaker box was not tripping anymore. Perfect. They were great. Really happy working with them. The office people very cordial and respectful.

Description of Work
Reconnected power line from utility pole to home.

Category electrician

08/07/2015

Joan P.

Company showed up on time, were very professional and quickly repaired the unit. Excellent experience.

Description of Work
Repaired an airconditioning unit

05/09/2015

Peggy M.

They handled a heater installation for one of my parents. They performed the job successfully and they did a great job. I would highly recommend them.

11/06/2014

Beatrice K.

From the first phone call to the completion of the service, they were professional, reliable, helpful, knowledgeable and, above all, trustworthy! I am thrilled to find a company who will do my electrical work!!!

Description of Work
Installed a new thermostat.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

10/06/2014

Fleeta T.

It turned out great. They did what they said they were going to do and were timely in getting it done. They also were thorough. I have had no issues with the new furnace.

Description of Work
They removed an old heating unit and installed a new one.

08/25/2014

Phil B.

The two guys who did the installation were not only extremely competent, they were friendly and professional. They got to the job right on time the two days it took to finish. They kept the areas clean as they went and all material were always organized and tidy throughout the whole project. I noticed a few places where shortcuts could have been used, but these guys chose to not cut any corners and install something that will last a long time. They will come back in a few weeks to see how it's going and to make any changes to the balance of the air distribution we may want to make. I would absolutely recommend B.A. Morrison for any of your HVAC needs.

Description of Work
Installed a forced air heating system up in the attic space - installed diffuser/vents in all rooms and a wifi thermostat.

07/22/2014

Lee B.

It was good. I liked their prompt service and their expertise. They are the company to call if you have a problem with your HVAC system.

07/17/2014

Paul G.

They were professional and on time. They were efficient, cleaned up their mess. I really liked them and they did a good job. They did not try to sell us the most comprehensive unit. They listened to us and what our budget was. They came within our budget and there was no high pressure sales. If I needed something done, I would use them again.

Description of Work
B A Morrison replaced our furnace.

Howard A.

We purchased a new furnace from B A Morrison and they installed it. Afterwards we commented on the smell of gas and were told it was normal and would dissipate. We left town for the weekend and our 20 yr. old daughter stayed at the house. When we returned 3 days later and entered our home, there was a strong smell of gas throughout the house and garage. We called PGE immediately due to what we considered was a dangerous situation. They came out immediately, red tagged the furnace and said if we had pulled our car into the garage, there could possibly have been an explosion. We called the company the next day and asked them to come and replace the furnace which they did. We were scolded for calling PGE and not them first. There was never an apology or any explanation for what was obviously a defective furnace.

Description of Work
Installed a new furnace

Niles B.

Their service was excellent. No dislike. The guy came out and he cleaned out the unit for the air conditioner and did the vents. My interactions were fine. It was good, most satisfactory. They're really nice people and and they do great work, very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
They cleaned out our air conditioning units.

Carsten K.

B A Morrison were reliable and is a good company. Their service was excellent.

Description of Work
They services our air-conditioner.

Ron J.

It was a good experience with B A Morrison. He did a very good job on it. I have no complaints and I'm still using it until today.

Description of Work
He did a furnace install.