Precision Fence

Carson, CA 90745

Family owned....

04/25/2018

Rick C.

Excellent. Started on time, finished as promised. Fence posts bolted to metal brackets set in concrete (way better than our old fence). Trimmed back trees and ivy as needed, minimal disruption to the yard, cleanup was thorough. Good solid fence, will probably outlive this homeowner.

Description of Work
Remove, haul away and replace 70' redwood fence and bottom retaining board. No gate.

05/18/2016

MICHELLE S.

05/14/2015

Linda M.

Description of Work
Precision Fence did a fantastic job on a small fence and two gates that needed to be replaced. They used quality redwood and their workmanship was excellent. Also, the price was reasonable. I am very pleased with Alex and his company and I highly recommend them. I will definitely use again.

02/04/2015

mo R.

Alex replaced posts to hold up a very long side fence that was highly unstable, and then fixed the gate so it opens easily and can lock. He is remarkable. His workmanship is a high quality AND he carefully cleans up after himself. The fence is strong and sturdy now, and the gate opens smoothly and can lock, which has been a problem for a very long time.

Description of Work
Alex repaired a very long side fence and gate.

01/15/2015

Donovan C.

We had scheduled an appointment for an estimate. Precision Fence gave a courtesy call to reschedule and gave us a date because they were overbooked. They never showed for the appointment time that they set the time and date for. No call / no show. Even after leaving a voicemail. It has now been over 3 weeks and no response

Description of Work
Estimate for a Wood Fence

06/12/2014

Suzanne S.

I contacted several fencing construction companies and Precision Fence was the most responsive (one company took 2 weeks just to return my call). After getting a phone estimate of $3,200 from Alex Soto (the owner of Precision Fence) and after reading his excellent reviews and looking at the pictures on his website of his work, I had him come out and look at the situation. He confirmed his original estimate and was able to start work within a few days. The original fence was going to be 6' high but my neighbor (who will share the fence) and I agreed it would be better to take it to the full allowable (City of Long Beach) height of 6'6and quot;. Alex consulted with us to come up with an attractive design for a 6and quot; higher cap and rail for an additional $450. Everyone agreed and work started right away. I was impressed that Alex, himself, was doing the work (along with one other workman, Albert). Before building the fence, an existing wood gate and wall needed to be removed, plants had to be hacked away and debris removed. Every day they swept and hosed the work area so that no mess was ever laying around. The fence is very well built and a really attractive design! Thank you Precision Fence!

Description of Work
Construction of 53 linear feet of a 6'6" tall redwood T&G fence along the rear property line, and an additional 3'6" wide gate.

05/26/2014

Janet C.

I was told the fence would be done in 3 days, but it took over a week. They would show up and then leave a couple times during the day. I split the cost with my neighbor and Precision was great working with us both.

Description of Work
Removed old fence and built a new one.

Category fencing

The fence was completed in three days, but the customer asked Precision Fence to prime and paint the fence which added the additional days. The above comment states that we left a couple of times during the day, but wanted to clarify that we were on the jobsite everyday. We lost one day due to the rain during the painting of the fence. We are very happy that the customer would use us again, but wanted to address the above. In addition, the customer asked Precision Fence to make 2 changes from the original contract, paint the fence 2 colors instead of 1 color and a 2x8 retainer board to a part of the fence, not included in the contract. Also, the neighbors landscaper did not show up to cut back the shrubs so we could paint the fence. Precision Fence cut the shrubs back and never charged extra for ANY of the changes. Thank you for using Precision Fence, your business is appreciated!

02/25/2014

Deanna K.

I hired Precision Fence to replace an existing redwood fence that I had in my backyard. The bid for the work was double what another provider from Angie's list gave me, however, I chose Precision because the fence described sounded like a nicer design than a straight replacement. I could not have been more pleased with the results. The fence looks great and is much more aesthetically pleasing than the original. More importantly, he readjusted, and revamped the look of the existing wrought iron gate which had problems. I could tell a lot of thought was given towards the finished look. Now the gate opens easily, locks correctly, has no gaps for people in the alley to look though, and looks great.

Description of Work
Replaced a redwood fence

Category wrought iron

04/01/2013

erob C.

Alex is just the best!!! He showed up on time, with a friendly, upbeat attitude, to give me an estimate. Also, he was clean and his truck was clean which lead me to correctly it turned out, believe he would do a neat, clean job. He was totally prepared with tape measure and his estimating sheet (unlike another one without the necessary estimating items). Just listening to him inspires confidence!!! We discussed possible materials, which way the gate should open, etc. He did precisely what he said he would do in a highly professional manner that looks fantastic!! While the previous fence had been just one boring height, the one Alex installed is stepped up as it goes up the sloped side yard. The fence he installed is absolutely solid. The boards are close together without gaps. The gate opens and latches closed smoothly without any effort It is just beautiful! He totally cleaned up when he finished so that there was not one little piece of scrap of wood or nail left by him. He did a complete and excellent job!!!! I just can't begin to say enough good about him and his work!!!!!!

Description of Work
Replaced gate and 60 feet of side yard fence.

02/06/2013

Sandra P.

It is really, really nice. I will use them again. I do not remember the cost but I remember it was a fair price. They were very easy to work with. They were very receptive to my ideas and they gave me a recommendation on the finish.

Description of Work
I used Precision Fence for wrought iron fence installation a year ago. I designed a gate with them and then they put it in within two weeks.

Category fencing, wrought iron

07/10/2012

Dina A.

Service from Luc, Alex and Gonzalez these last two days was great. They poured the fence footings the first day and made sure my yard was secure so my pups could not escape. Today they took away the old fence and put up my gorgeous new Redwood tongue and groove fence with a cap on top. Before they came out to do the work - I probably asked Luc a million questions on the phone. I had just been burned by my first contractor who planned to build me a fence took money for materials and then never showed up to do the job. So I was question heavy and gun shy. Luc was no pressure - gave me all the info I needed so I could be comfortable moving forward. Alex, Luc and Gonzalez were very friendly, professional and they left my home and yard super clean. The fence is stunning. I so happy my home is now secure. It is alo great to know a portion of my payment will be going to help kids with heart trouble enjoy themselves at Camp Corazones. I highly recommend Precision Fence and hope if your reading this you take the time to give them a call.

Description of Work
Precision Fence installed an 8' tall and 20 foot wide redwood fence at the back of my yard, and 16 feet of fence at the front of my yard. They also built me a custom gate with a trellis on top that my neighbors are already jealous of ;)

05/05/2011

Greg G.

Price seemed high but I agreed since insurance would pay half. I got only one other bid, which was higher. If I had gotten multiple bids, perhaps I would have found a low-priced vendor. Precision went to the property and surveyed the job, then emailed me an estimate, thus saving me a trip to the property. I sent them a 10 percent deposit to get started. On the first day of the job, I met them there to go over the job, then left them alone to finish. In two days, they had it finished and cleaned up, and it looks great. They did not offer to paint it so I hired someone else to paint it. The only problem was getting Precision started. The foreman called me every night on my cell phone to tell me his schedule. (At least he kept me informed.) They were very busy for two weeks so could not start quite as early as I wanted. But once they gave a firm promise of a date, they did show up and did the job promptly.

Description of Work
Precision tore out a damaged fence and replaced it with a brand new one.

04/22/2011

Walter H.

There was a minor issue with a closure that was originally done rather sloppily but that was resolved the next day with a single phone call. The only other issue was that one of the workers cut half way through a large root on one of my 40 year old, 30 foot tall Cypress trees (which I had specifically told them to avoid) before I could stop them. They had to adjust the posts on the fence at that spot to accommodate that root, which then required that they remake a couple of rails to the new length, which took until the next morning. I will be monitoring the tree to check for any permanent damage. Overall, though, it was a fairly quick and painless installation.

Description of Work
The company removed an old wooden fence and replaced it with a nice vinyl fence, as well as replacing 3 gates.

09/30/2010

Danielle Z.

The Precision fencing guys were professional, speedy, and built us a quality wooden fence without trying to cut corners. The fence is beautiful, and I especially liked that the same people who provided our quote performed the work.

Description of Work
Built redwood fence

07/16/2010

ALLEN K.

Description of Work
never received an estimate

Category fencing

We never worked for you?

03/17/2009

Wendy R.

Overall the job went well and we are pleased with the fence and gates. They look fantastic. They showed up and completed the work when they said they would. These are your guys if you want a basic fence/gate done correctly at a fair price and done on time. They would call every evening to touch base and make sure that we were happy with the work and to discuss any issues that popped up. They were very serious and professional about their work. I do have a few negative comments but nothing that would stop me from hiring them again. The first is that my neighbor had asked me to ask them for the second time to remove some hardware left over from the old fence on the neighbors side. I asked them to remove it of which they said they would. When I asked my neighbor if they had removed the hardware he said they did not. The second issue is that they left a few mounds of dirt in some of my planter beds. Now this is not a big deal for us because we do not have nice planter beds. I could see someone being upset if they had nice plantings and they were to get ruined. But I think the pros outweighed any cons and we have a beautiful fence to prove it.

Description of Work
Approx. 172 feet of 6 foot high fence was installed. Fencing is redwood, tongue & groove with 2x4 redwood top rail and bottom rail, 4x4 redwood posts (with redwood caps) on CB44 saddles, 2x4 cap with 1x3 trim set . Included: demo and hauling of old fence and ivy, coring a cement brick wall, and 3 basic "z" gates with hardware.