Southgate Glass

Founded 1961 • With Angi since June 2010

2411 Walnut Ave

Carmichael, CA 95608

Southgate Glass opened its business doors in 1961, starting as a small store offering windows and doors. Over the years, this family-owned business has expanded to include a second location, and has a manufacturing plant, and employs nearly 60 staff members. The company is now in the second

04/19/2018

Judy G.

This experience was so painless. The guys said they would be here in 30 minutes and they were. They lifted the door out; replaced the rollers; and replaced the lock too, all in less than an hour.. They also gave me a lesson on why to not use WD-40 on the door tracks and locks. Why didn't I call them two years ago when the door started giving me problems?! I'm just sorry that I forgot their names. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Patio door rollers were worn out and door lock didn't work well

09/24/2017

Katrina F.

We started looking at windows in Spring of 2017 but after getting a couple of quotes that were all over the place and getting weekly phone calls from a large window & door company in Rancho Cordova we were done dealing with it & just decided to put the windows off for another time and work on our yard. The following Spring we were ready to look again and brought out the info from the year before & we liked the options that Southgate Glass had and that the salesman was flexible in sending us quotes when we just was going to do the door and he suggested we come into the showroom. We liked that we could visit a showroom to have a better idea how the windows looked and how they worked. This ended up backfiring on us in the end as we had someone who wasn't our salesperson show me our slider with a feature that I really liked and told my husband about. We came in together to finalize our order and I told our salesperson I wanted our slider to have the same features with the special lock & the ability to keep the slider open a few inches and still be locked. I had no idea what it was called and was assured that would be the door we would get. The order has mostly terms that the industry uses so I took his word. We were fine with the wait to get the windows as they are made custom. (6 weeks) What I wasn't fine with was the person who was getting the building permits (& they charged us extra for to do) and waited til the last minute to do and Placer County was being unusually slow and it almost derailed our install date. Here answer was this is how we always do it once the windows are received. I had scheduled time off work to be there and neither I nor my husband would be able to get any time off the following week. The install we knew would be a full day & the installers were on time. The slider had been installed and I looked and realized it wasn't the door we wanted. I got on the phone with our salesman who said he would reorder. I asked doesn't anyone verify what you were sent against the order? He said they never had before, so I end up being the one with the wrong door sent out. He said it could take up to 6 weeks again. In the meantime I got an email asking to review their company & I replied once the issue with my door is handled. (You'd think someone would monitor responses on those types of email) I waited til the 6 week point & emailed the salesman as to the door status. He called me instead of replying to the email and he had no idea what I meant. I should have asked for a written confirmation from what was promised on the call. The replacement door was received quicker than 6 weeks and the install date was a bit tricky to schedule. We had a different installer who was very thorough and paid attention to detail while placing the new panel & repairing the issues with the inside trim on the windows. (All of them were peeling off & he had to replace 3 out of the 4 ) That might be a training issue with the newer installers/helpers not wiping the dust completely before setting the trim. He started showing me the locking mechanism and I asked where's the piece that allows the door to stay open? I sent an email to the salesman as I found out after reviewing Milgard's website it's called a Smart-Bolt. I told him I wish I had been never shown that feature and we would've never had these issues. I'm just disappointed in the whole process and time and effort this has taken to not really have what we wanted. I sent that August 31 and never heard any response.

Description of Work
windows & sliding glass door

Category replacement windows

03/30/2016

Brian E.

Description of Work
Replaced shower glass door and window springs

Category glass repair, replacement windows, doors

12/15/2015

James P.

Description of Work
They replaced 4 Windows. | |The windows were initially measured incorrectly. They returned with the windows measured correctly. | |The work was done correctly and we are very happy with the results.

Category glass repair, replacement windows

06/22/2015

Judith A.

Category replacement windows

12/18/2014

Ellen G.

Description of Work
Replaced front and rear windows and two sliders with Milgard windows. The crew was very polite, professional, and hard working. The whole project was done very efficiently and neatly. They also did some carpentry-work and replaced some broken face boards between two windows. This was done very nicely. I would highly recommend them to all my neighbors and friends.

Category glass repair, replacement windows

06/29/2014

Judy L.

I was able to schedule the first visit to measure the windows to fit my schedule and Joe arrived on time. He was friendly and professional. The glass arrived on time and was installed promptly. The windows are perfect

Description of Work
I had two windows with broken seals repaired/replaced and several screens rescreened.

Category glass repair, screen repair, replacement windows

06/10/2014

Paul H.

06/09/2014

Jay C.

Description of Work
Replaced failed glass in my living room windows. They were very professional and did a great job. Good warranty and very good service. Thank you

02/11/2014

Tiffany C.

Southgate was excellent to work with top to bottom. Had great help in talking through what size/type of window would work best in our bedroom. We chose a large - 12x5 - Milgard window. Scheduling install was easy. Install professionals were a pleasure to have in my home. After it was finished, needed some detailing and it was absolutely no problem to get it finished perfectly. Would work with Southgate again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Installed a new window in master bedroom wall.

Category glass repair

11/27/2013

Richard M.

Technicians called 30min before arrival as promised. They worked together to replace the rollers on sliding doors and none sliding side of one door all in about 2hrs. The sliders slide easily and smoothly again and no more moisture between panes in side they was replaced so we are very happy with result and would hire again.

Description of Work
Replaced rollers on two large sliding glass doors, replaced handle on third sliding glass door, replace none moving side of large sliding glass door.

Category doors

05/13/2013

Richard W.

Technician was on time for the estimate, measurement, and installation. Everything with the glass replacement was top notch. I also wanted to get an Anderson French door gasket replaced and I marked down their responsiveness as a result of this. I had to call back twice to find out the status of what was happening with the quote for this work. Even after approving the work and paying for it in advance, I had to call back yet again to find out that the part would take over a month to arrive and then they could schedule the installation.

Description of Work
Replace cracked dual paned window.

Category glass repair

California Sunrooms, INC

We are a family owned company that has been in business for over 30 years serving California. We offer many options in financing as well as monthly sales and deals.

Brothers Home Improvement Inc

Family Owned and Operated since 1994. Nine Brothers & Sisters Striving For Your Complete Satisfaction! Energy Efficient, Replacement Windows and Doors. No Subcontractors! No High-pressure Sales! Ranked Among The Top Nationwide by Qualified Remodelers! AAMA Certified and Members of the Better Business Bureau. Quality Craftsmanship. Lifetime Warranties. Financing Available. Additional phone numbers: - (916) 791-9170 (510) 498-5987, (925) 828-5789 & (650) 573-0256. Save $75 per window & $150 per door.

Hall's Window Center

Since 1976, Hall's Window Center has served over 50,000 extremely satisfied homeowners and commercial property owners, becoming the most trusted service company for windows and doors throughout the Sacramento area. The company’s team of expert designers, installers, and craftsmen has earned the stellar reputation for honesty, integrity and superior workmanship. Whether you’re a homeowner looking for replacement windows, an architect designing a unique custom home with specialty doors, or a contractor managing a commercial project, Hall’s is ready to make your vision a reality. We are the window & door company that you can trust. Call us today at (916) 669-1469 for your free in-home quote, or visit our showroom in Rancho Cordova, CA. Let our decades of knowledge and experience provide you with the very best the window industry has to offer.

Offers Coupon

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available, Check

Window Installation Service,Door Supplier,Window Supplier,Vinyl Windows, Wood Windows,Fiberglass Windows, Aluminum Windows,Glass, Screen,Mirror Shop