A Wills Painting

3546 Altamont Dr

Carmichael, CA 95608

07/27/2013

Timothy A.

They were very good, very outstanding. It took them 3 and a half days to finish the job. The quality of work was excellent, they were here early everyday, they were very pleasant to deal with, hardworking, cleaned up everything and made the whole process as easy as could be. When we were going through the estimate, I told Greg what I thought and he recommended some color ideas that I ultimately went with. I couldn't recommend them more highly, everything about them was great. It was a lot of work. It wasn't the cheapest but I thought it was a good price.

Description of Work
I used A Wills Painting to paint the interior of my house. They removed the popcorn ceiling and retextured the ceiling. Then they painted my dining room, living room, hallway and bedroom.

Category drywall, interior painters

06/28/2013

Mary W.

The door had some water damage. but could have been sanded more and revarnished. The inside of the front door done by one of the other workers was great. I called and had the saleperson come out and look at job he was surprised that there were two people working on the door. I would have thought he would know who was working and who was not, but he was going to check with his boss and call back, but never did. Would not hire again!!

Description of Work
Varnished front door. Inside and out.

Category interior painters

09/12/2012

Barbara B.

Lousy

Description of Work
Attached are some text conversations we had.

03/08/2012

Barbara B.

Overall, bad experience. Overall, decent paint job over bad prep job. I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint asking for half my money back, and this was his response. A complete lie. "We followed the ten step process, which included scraping,sanding & priming. We received a "C" from Barbara on Angie's list and she was happy until she had read a bad review about us from 2 years ago. Not sure why she would send in the complaint to BBB she has never contacted me about any problems or issues. I did have cancer 5 years ago and it is not true that my employees told her that I need the money for the treatment. She panicked through out the whole process, we even left the project for one day so she could inspect the prep work before we started painting. If she would like to contact me i would be happy to meet with her." I am attaching the texts and photos so you all can judge if I "panicked".

Description of Work
If I could just hire his painters, I'd recommend him, but I can't so I can't honestly recommend him. Met owner at home show - anxious to get to my house and give me a quote. Kind of high, but swore that their "10 step method" would leave me dancing in the streets. Not so much. First, he took forever to schedule me. Then I contacted him and said I saw bad reviews all over the web about him. He promised everything and swore that I would recommend them once they finished. One of the biggest complaints was in the prep of the house. He offered to have them prep so I could see what a great job they do. When I complained that they hadn't sanded anything, he said "we're not finished yet" and "you're complaining only because you saw bad reviews". One guy had to have been autistic, as he could not make eye contact OR conversation. The other was just a kid. The painters came the next day and painted over the non-sanded areas. You can see where the paint was chipped off and where it wasn't. I complained, he stopped answering my texts. The next day, the painters completed the job (the Russian guy was terrific) and they threw in two small fences (about 5 feet long each) because the painter said "I liked the way it looks". He told me the owner, who told me he had beaten cancer, was actually fighting cancer. I would have cut him some slack knowing this, but the owner was sooooo rude that I just can't. While the paint job from a distance looks good, it's the details that aren't all that great. The windows were all painted shut, and nothing was caulked, as per their 10 Step Program. You can see where they didn't sand. They did clean up well. So while the painter went above and beyond, they painted over a poorly prepped house. But they were nice guys and they really tried to do their best. But in all honesty, I would never recommend the owner or his prep crew. Use them at your own risk.

04/06/2011

David B.

Got off to rocky start after accepting the bid, when I discovered their contractors license was expired. Turns out he had old license # on his bid paperwork. Then the crew didn't show on day 1 of the job, because "it was raining where we are" as if that matters to my job. But after that it was smooth sailing. Quality was good, they were on time, and they didn't leave a huge mess. They spent more on materials and labor on the deck than they expected, but didn't ask for more $ from me. Overall it was a positive experience.

Description of Work
Siding repair, deck rehab, exterior paint

09/25/2010

Douglas M.

I used this painter twice. The first time he was great and very hands on. The second time he sent in workers who did a very sloppy job. I think he was sick at the time, so things may have gotten better.

Description of Work
Interior and exterior residential house painting

Category house painters, interior painters

08/22/2010

GARETH W.

The experienced three-man crew painted our 2900-square foot home from start to finish in an amazing two-days. The two days includes everything from the power washing through the final inspection. Quality was not sacrificed during the process. The home is simply beautiful. We have six colors in our color scheme and Greg did not charge us for extra colors like a couple of other painters proposed to do. As a matter of fact, Greg was instrumental in our color scheme selection process. He was a great source of information and suggestions and really shortened the amount of time that my wife and I needed to reach agreement.

Description of Work
Greg Wills was very prompt for the estimate and spent an extended amount of time with us explaining how his company differed from other painting companies. A Wills Painting has been around for 20 years. Greg provided a portfolio containing numerous references, copies of licenses, liability insurance, an explanation of the 10-year guarantee, description of his 10-step exterior process and 8-step interior process, etc. Greg has 30 years of experience and his company has painted 10,000 homes over the years. His crew has between 8 to 18 years of experience. Most of his clients are referrals and repeat customers. His credentials are truly amazing. He has calm and knowledgable demeanor that made the estimate process an interesting experience.

01/03/2007

SAM W.

Were on time and were very fast. About 8 hours for the job. Power wash and sprayed the house very little pre-painting stuff done. Painted over dirt and lose and chipped paint. Wish I had paid more for a better job. You get what you pay for and I wish had paid a little more.

Description of Work
Painting exterior of home.

Category pressure washing, house painters

07/21/2006

ADRIAN S.

Very pleased with the results. Price was comparable to other bids. They were on-time, super fast (2 days from start to finish as promised) and great quality work. They provided great customer service, even offering to track down a color on a house we saw and liked. They did our neighbor's exterior and they recommended them to us. We highly recommend this company to you.

Description of Work
A.Wills painted the exterior of our 1976 home, including all prep work, trim, and clean-up.

RCI Integrated Construction

RCI Integrated Construction Inc. Call Now and Get a Fast and Free Estimate: 916-617-1000 Or rcioneinfo@gmail.com Services We offer include: -Residential and Commercial -Interior and Exterior Painting (We use Kelly-Moore Paint) -Laminate Flooring -Replace Siding -Drywall Repairs -Texture matching -Wallpaper Removal -Kitchen Cabinet and Tile -Base Board -Water Pressure Cleaning -Many More Services Upon Call LIC#1003922

Jay's Painting Service Inc

Jay's Painting Service has been around since 2002. We are a small business with only 3 employees who strive to provide the best quality. Our number one goal is customer satisfaction painting interior exterior dry wall repairs .and dry rot repairs .7 year warranty on all work performed

Joshua's Painting Service

My name is Josh, owner of Joshua's Painting Service. I have been painting for the majority of my life, with my dad as a kid until now. I'm blessed to be able to say I truly love what I do. I enjoy being a painting contractor. Whether you are an excited homeowner wanting to make their home new again, a realtor looking to make a client happier or a property manager sprucing up an old building. No matter the job, big or small, I am there every step of the way with my employees throughout the process. Whether I am giving free estimates, suggestions on colors, doing the drywall and stucco repairs or replacing dry rotted boards I AM there. Every day, every step of the way. I take great pride in all that I do but especially in my prep work. Without good prep work the finished product won't hold up. But of course my favorite part has to be the finished product, seeing a home or business transform into somebody's dream is always the best! My promise to you, my prospective customer, is to always be there to answer my phone, be on time, and do exactly what I said I would do for the price I said I would do it for. I know if I do these few things I will always be in business, always be busy and always have satisfied customers.

2022 Super Service Award

Interior & exterior painting.