A Better Moving Co

Founded 1979 • With Angi since April 2006

4.1

6640 Fair Oaks Blvd

Carmichael, CA 95608

Locally owned and operated. Moving and storage company and have been in business for over 25 years serving the sacramento area. We move anything anywhere. No job is too big or small. Give us a call for a free estimate at (800) -324-6683, you'll be glad you did!

07/20/2015

Lewis B.

Description of Work
Complete move from old to new house. Went very well & would use A-Better Movers again.

06/23/2014

Richard A.

06/16/2014

Khadija O.

The movers were late due to scheduling , but when they moved, I have never seen people move so fast in my life! Also, the best price I found on Angies list.

Description of Work
Long distance move Sacramento to Hayward

04/21/2014

Ben S.

04/17/2014

Elizabeth C.

03/31/2014

marlys W.

01/25/2014

Harvey F.

Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Excellent mover.

01/04/2014

Sheri L.

Will NEVER use this company again. Would NEVER recommend this company to any one. BE CAREFUL, they have ways of running up the cost with slow moving workers and excessive packing. I lived in my 3000 sq. ft. home for 5 years. I hired this company to move us three and a half blocks to a 4000 sq. ft. home. This was 30 boxes and furniture (nothing excessive except a pool table). It took 4 men 12 hours to accomplish this. Two men, spent over 5 hours packing my average size kitchen. They wrapped every single item individually. Including double wrap for plastic items, which they were only moving 3 1/2 blocks. They would carry a box to the truck and spend 15 minutes placing the box in the truck. Never once did I see any of them break a sweat, even after several attempts by me to get them to pick up the pace. I picked up lunch for them, only one thanked me for the lunch, two ate double lunches. After 10 hours I told them to just unload the truck, I didn't care about placement of boxes or furniture. One mover, asked me to go get them Starbucks because they were getting tired and that would help them move faster. Ironically, he was the one doing the least amount of work out of the bunch. In fact many times I found him just standing around watching! We started taking boxes from them because we could move much faster than they were. They also scratched and dented my washing machine. They charge by the hour with an extra $125 per hour for overtime. If they would have sent four men to actually work, and not excessively wrapped non-breakable items or stand around watching someone else work, this job would have been finished much quicker costing me hundreds of dollars less. I have moved every 3-5 years for the past 20 years. This was the slowest, most expensive move I have ever had. I previously moved from a 5000 sq. ft. home to a 3000 sq. ft. home and the cost was 1/3 of this job. This was a quickly planned move and I didn't have time to have them come give me an estimate. The house and job was described over the phone. We were told that it would take 4 men, two trucks, about 8 hours to complete and the cost would be similar to our previous move. They arrived on time and were polite. The two trucks were more than enough room, they brought plenty of supplies for the job described they just didn't send movers to do the work. We phoned the owner who said, while the job took a long time his men assured him that they worked hard, it was late, and he would deal with it in the morning. In the morning he charged out credit card and then called us to resolve. His resolution was to not charge us for the boxes!

Description of Work
They sent 4 men to my home to pack contents, load into truck, drive to new home, unload truck and re-assemble and place furniture.

Category moving companies

We respect and value customer reviews, but there are times where we would like to add some facts to make sure the readers will get a complete picture of what took place during a move. We are very sorry that this customer feels taken advantage of and was unhappy with the quality of our crew's work. It is not unusual for a 3000 square foot home to take 12 hours, especially if there is packing involved. In packing our main goal is to pack things safely in order to avoid any damages. It does not matter if you move 10 min. or an hour away. If some of the packing was excessive then we apologize for that. The total cost of the move was $3,940.00 as the customer declared in her statement. However the final amount charged was $3,454.00; the boxes came to$267.00 and $260.00 was taken off for overtime and fuel surcharge, bringing the total credit to $526.00. Our manager called the customer to settle the following morning due to the lateness of the hour when the job was completed and not having the paperwork in front of him. Our manager called the customer before he charged the credit card! He talked to Mr. Longmire who was accepting of the final bill after the adjustment of $500.00. Again we are very sorry that we failed to complete this move to the satisfaction of our customer but we tried to be as fair as possible in our settlement with them.

08/05/2013

Margaret G.

It went very well. The 2 movers were polite and professional. They knew exactly how to pack and move each item. Friends had helped me pack and move a lot of boxes in the days previous to the move in order to save $$$. At my request, the movers took some of these boxes upstairs for me. They set up my bed, and moved furniture around for me, changing the spots at my direction, and without complaining. I was also able to get a senior discount, which I very much appreciated! Good job, A Better Moving Company!

Description of Work
Moved my belongings (including a refrigerator and 3-pc. wall unit) from the third floor of my apartment into my new condo. Unpacked my belongings and moved some of them to the upstairs

06/23/2013

Michael H.

The movers showed up on time, and it was a pleasure watching them work. Some of our stuff was still not packed, but they cheerfully helped us pack it. Of course, the movers had to keep working, but when we did have a chance to speak together, the conversation was cheerful and pleasant. All of our household contents were delivered to the correct rooms, and not a single item suffered any damage, not even a single scratch. Two thumbs up!

Description of Work
They moved my house contents.

06/17/2013

Terry U.

Noel and John got here at 9:30 in the morning as promised and rang the doorbell. From that moment on they were in high gear. My wife and I were amazed at how quickly and carefully they hauled our things, especially the stuff from upstairs, some of which was very heavy. They took charge of everything, demonstrating clearly that they are experienced and know what they are doing. They were finished in under two hours, the storage unit is full, and I am so grateful to this outfit for their work. $250 was a real bargain given all they did. Thanks John and Noel and the rest of your company. It is June 28, and we had this company come back to unload the storage container in our driveway. We requested Noel and John, but John had the day off. Noel was able to come back with help from Tom. Once again, the work was absolutely impeccable and fast. It was clear that Noel is an effective leader and a careful thinker and worker. He remembered a bunch of details about our stuff and was able to reverse what he and John had done with great efficiency. Near the end of the job, Noel and Tom moved a very heavy sleeper sofa that we had not had them touch during their previous visit. I had been dreading asking them to move it into our garage where it could be picked up for use in a foster home. Actually, it was heavier than our piano. As they moved it, at one point the sofa slipped and hit a column which had just been repainted. The result was a tiny nick in the plaster. Noel was beside himself and apologized to me at least three times. He has such a high standard for his work. I told him not to think on it again. It would be an easy fix (it was), and since that was all that happened in getting that sofa out of our family room, I could not have been happier. He is amazing, and Tom was a great worker, too. If you can, see if you can request Noel. That said, my bet is this company has others like him who do exceptional work. It is a great organization from the front office to the delivery of the service. You can't do any better. AT least that was my experience.

Description of Work
John and Noel carried out our furniture, including an upright piano, our beds, and boxes and loaded them into a storage unit in our driveway. We will have them back in a few weeks after the interior is painted and the new flooring is in.

Category moving companies, storage units, piano moving

12/19/2012

Mary C.

A Better Moving Co. arrived on time. I needed help with the packing and they were very efficient and careful with all of my furniture, kitchen and personal items. They put them in storage for me until my new home was ready. I have used them twice now and would definitely use them again. They are very professional and efficient. They made this move at Christmas time very easy for me. It really made my Christmas.

Description of Work
A Better Moving Co. packed my household furnishings and moved them into storage until my new home was ready. This is the second time I have used them. I have had an excellent experience with them for bot hof the moves. I would recommended them to anyone who needs a good reliable moving company.

Category moving companies, storage units

04/12/2012

Laura W.

My mother had used them, so I knew about them. I liked them except the price. I moved about 70 miles. They re-did the packing and took the furniture apart and put it back later. I was just not prepared for that kind of a bill as what was told my mother was not charged.

Description of Work
I used the services of A Better Moving Co. for moving.

08/18/2011

CAROL B.

The company provided an accurate estimate and the move went smoothly. We also had to move in a short period and they were able to move us within one week of contacting them. They packed some of the more fragile furniture, a large mirror, a large lamp and a large display cabinet but we packed most of the other items. We have used this company in the past for a larger move and we were satisified. Nothing was damaged during either move and you can tell they they work on being proffesional. Thus, we used them again.

Description of Work
A Better Moving Company moved my mother-in-law's possesion from her assisted living to a storage unit.

11/09/2006

MELINDA S.

The crew supervisor seemed irritated when I showed him the items that needed to be moved. He then told me that to move the items it would be a two-day job rather than a one-day job. I was surprised when he said that because I had just moved all my belongings from the Bay Area just six months prior and it only took five hours! I called the company supervisor and this seemed to really irritate the crew supervisor and everything went downhill from there. He decided that he was only going to move as much as he wanted within the five hours that was allocated and proceeded to be very rude in the process. At one time he told me to get out of his way when I was walking down the hallway. Needless to say, only half of my belongings were moved that day even though it was only to be a few houses away in the same cul-de-sac. He refused to move certain items and put furniture where he wanted. I discovered two of my televisions did work after the move.

Description of Work
Three men and a truck to move selected packed items and furniture from a two story residence to a single level residence within the same cul-de-sac.

10/19/2006

DEBRA W.

When they got to my daughter's house they even removed the old refrigerator and put it in her garage for her at no extra charge. They were prompt and did a good job. Their mover were very clean, cordial and very nice men.

Description of Work
They moved a refrigerator for me from my home to my daughter's home.

05/13/2006

DARCIE D.

This was one of the worst experiences ever. A salesman quoted me a price (per hour for 2 workers)and made the arrangements for the move. On moving day, three movers showed up and stood around talking and sitting in the van. When I asked why they weren't working, they said they got breaks. This happened 4 times. When the van was finally packed they left and were to meet me at the new residence. They showed up 2 hours later and told me they were entitled to lunch. I asked if they were charging me for their lunch (2 hours).The foreman then informed me that they didn't like my attitude and I would have to pay them in cash before they unloaded the truck. They also wanted $400 more than originally quoted. The police had to be called before this was settled. As turned out, the people who bought my house in Carmichael had a similar experience with this company.

Description of Work
Moved household items from Carmichael to Sacramento.

05/04/2006

THEY WERE VERY GOOD WITH TRANSPORTING MY STUFF. I WAS HAPPY THAT NOTHING GOT BROKEN. THEY ARE VERY FRIENDLY AND PROFESSIONAL. THEY WERE EXTREMELY QUICK AND CAREFUL WITH THE UNLOADING.

Description of Work
THEY ALL OF OUR BELONGINGS FROM FARRO TO CARMICHEAL.

05/03/2006

THEY DID A REALLY GOOD JOB, THEY DID NOT BREAK ANYTHING. THE PRICE WAS A LITTLE EXPENSIVE, BUT THE GAS AND PACKING WAS INCLUDED. THEY WERE ALSO VERY NICE PEOPLE TO WORK WITH.

Description of Work
THEY MOVED MY BELONGINGS FROM MY OLD HOUSE TO MY NEW HOUSE.

04/27/2006

Cliff T.

THIS COMPANY'S PRICE WAS THE LEASE EXPENSIVE WE FOUND. THEY DID A TERRIBLE JOB THOUGH. THEY LOST FOUR OF MY BOXES AND THEY DID A LOT OF MESSING AROUND WHEN THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN WORKING.

Description of Work
THEY MOVED MY BELONGINGS FROM MY OLD HOUSE TO MY NEW HOUSE.

04/27/2006

THIS WAS THE BEST PRICED COMPANY. I SHOPPED AROUND. THERE WAS NO DAMAGE TO ANYTHING I OWN AND THE SERVICE PEOPLE WERE VERY FRIENDLY. I HAVE ALREADY RECOMMENDED THEM TO A FRIEND OR TWO.

Description of Work
THEY MOVED US ACROSS TOWN.

First Plan Moving

First Plan moving leads by Integrity, Quality fast-paced service, and Customer care. For the amount of time and labor including great-reliable prices, FPM is ready for your project. FPM has teams of movers that certainly go above and beyond in their quest for customer satisfaction and happiness. FPM is a company that will not only exceed through labor but as well as modern technology. FPM will allow online payments with a click of a link making it an easier and faster process. FPM will make the most of the time at your project covering every single space you desire. Contact us today for a FREE quote!

SIERRA VALLEY MOVING & STORAGE INC

Sierra Valley Moving & Storage, Inc. opened for business in 1998. Starting with 1 truck and 2 men (the owners), Sierra Valley has grown into a full service moving and storage provider. Since 1998, Sierra Valley has become the regional company of choice for many commercial and private clients. We take pride in being flexible in order to meet the needs of our individual customers, and in acting as a support team for our corporate clients who need results in a timely manner. Ray Martinez and Larry Stokes, the owners, have more than 40 years of experience in the moving & storage industry, and have built their company on a foundation of customer satisfaction and personal accountability. Both are active in the daily operations of the company, and strive to develop personal relationships with repeat, and potential clients alike. Sierra Valley Moving handles all types of relocation, private and commercial. Office and household relocations, packing services, modular furniture installations, and furniture deliveries are all services that we provide. All of our trucks are equipped with lift gates, which promote both employee and product safety, and selected trucks are equipped with Air Ride vans for more sensitive cargo. In addition to rack space for palletized freight, our 45,000 sq. ft. storage facility is home to more than 450 storage vaults, and is fully alarmed to ensure protection of our customer’s product. *We are now an approved E-Waste Collection site! Call for details about an environmentally friendly way to dispose of unwanted electronics!

James B Moving

It's Moving TIME! We understand that your looking for an affordable yet professional mover. We are located in Sacramento and service all of California and Beyond. Our clients spends less than with us on a complete Moves. We bring dollies, tools for disassembly/assembly, Moving straps, shrink wrap, moving blankets and More! -The time of your move starts when we arrive at your location. "we are experienced movers; only caring professionals will handle your possessions."

Visa, MasterCard

Moving - piano moving, supplies, local & long distance, storage, packing. National & international shipping. Delivery services. Crating & palletizing. Equipment rental.

Truck rental, self storage & pods.