Rowland Air Inc

Founded 1987 • With Angi since December 2010

At Rowland Air, we know that customer service satisfaction has always been and will continue to be the main reason for our success. We are committed to the goal of providing our customers with the most dependable, economical, and professional heating and air conditioning system available today.

4.4

HVAC Companies (122)air duct cleaning (10)appliance repair (10)electrician (6)home energy audit (3)insulation (2)

01/28/2020

Philip W.

They were very good. They explained everything, prompt, and punctual. They did a great job and done very quickly.

Description of Work
They installed heating & air conditioning system.

Work Completed On 01/28/2018

12/28/2019

Douglas M.

Extremely unprofessional: My friend recommended COSTCO after they did his AC. We went to COSTCO for my AC and they sent Rowland Air. Robert came out to give a quote which was high. We started discussing which things to change to reduce the price. I told him what my friend paid for his unit which was the same as the unit I need. Robert said he would go back to look up my friend' job since they worked on it too through COSTCO and see how he could match it and get back to me. One week passed and no quote or contact. I called Rowland and the young lady there said she would let Robert know I'm looking for the quote. ANOTHER week passes and no contact - I call again asking for the quote and same story, she'll let Robert know. ANOTHER week passes and no contact so I call to speak to a manager to let them know I'm reporting them to COSTCO for failure to give me a quote and going on Yelp so people can know what to expect from Robert and Rowland.The manager was apologetic and asked for a chance - I finally get the quote from Robert with no apology and the quote is the same original HIGH quote I was given in the first place verbally without the discounts we discussed and without him checking my buddy's quote. It's clear he developed something personal against me- that's not how you handle business and I'll be reporting this to COSTCO consumer affairs. If COSTCO sends ROWLAND to you, now you know what service you can expect.

Description of Work
New AC Install

Work Completed On 12/28/2019

Our Design Specialist, Robert did meet with [Member Name Removed] M. to prepare an estimate for [Member Name Removed]' mother's home. Robert spent several hours doing a thorough analysis of the property and reviewed many different options with [Member Name Removed] briefly showed Robert two separate estimates he received via email from other HVAC contractors and discussed the difference in price with him. Robert explained that the contractors were proposing to install completely different equipment and their job scope was not the same. Robert explained the legal requirements of pulling a permit, the value and importance of performing a heat load calculation, properly sizing and designing the ducting system to ensure the proper heating and cooling of the home as well as the peace of mind of having high quality equipment such as Lennox and to be backed by the Costco brand. [Member Name Removed] mentioned he was referred by a friend whom had gotten the same equipment at a much lower cost through our company. Upon further review, we discovered [Member Name Removed]' friend did in fact have a system installed by us however the equipment was not the same. His friend lives in a condominium and [Member Name Removed]' mother lives in a single family residence which requires different equipment and a completely different scope of work. Comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges. Robert reached out to [Member Name Removed] on several occasions to request he send the proposals to us from the other contractors that he received to review with our management team to try to price match apples to apples however we received no response due to his voicemail being full.

07/08/2018

Heike R.

After having received estimates from up to five providers, I decided on Rowland Air. Chris Michailov, Rowland Air's Comfort Advisor, had spent many hours reviewing my house's specific set up and consulted me thoroughly on the best products and needed work to run heat and A/C efficiently within my home. I welcomed the precise and comprehensive documentation prepared by him. On the day of the install, all went well as expected. As my install required the scheduling of a crane, as well as duct work and the built of a new return air flow infrastructure, I appreciated Rowland Air scheduling extra workers so all was done within one day. The crew with Mario, Eddy, Lucas, Rolando and Marcos took great care and everything was completed at my full satisfaction. Even after the work was done, this company fulfilled all promises, as the permit process was completed smoothly and all promised rebates and discounts were fulfilled. I truly recommend Rowland Air.

Description of Work
Haul away old HVAC, install new HVAC, improve ducting, install new return air vent

Work Completed On 05/02/2018

Thank you so much for choosing Rowland Air and for taking the time to leave your feedback! We are so happy you were pleased with our service!

07/26/2017

Don B.

The first person that responded made an attempt to repair the A/C but determined it could not be done. His diagnosis determined the A/C would need replacement.

Description of Work
AC Repair or replacement

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning, energy audit

Work Completed On 07/26/2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are pleased you were happy with our service.

07/08/2017

Susie C.

The quote came in higher than others and the guy who came was not very professional. I would not recommend them to friends and family.

Description of Work
They gave me a quote to install a new air conditioning unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding our company. We take all of our reviews seriously and customer service is our number one priority. Our family owned and operated company has been in business for over 30 years and all of our technicians are highly trained professionals. We apologize that you were not happy with our service. We do not show we provided a estimate for the above referenced address. Can you please contact our office so we can discuss your experience further?

02/15/2017

Cindy W.

It was just pretty typical. They always say that the person that did it before messed everything up. He did try to adjust things as much as he could and I just had to pay a basic fee. So, it was a good experience. The price is average for the industry. They were straight away here. The poor guy forgot something and he had to come back and get it.

Description of Work
They came out and checked my heating and air conditioning.

Work Completed On 01/08/2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear you were pleased with our service and apologize for the inconvenience that our service technician had to return for a second time to get the tool he misplaced. We look forward to assisting you again in the future and please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.

07/09/2016

Robert W.

Simple repair, and were at my house on a Saturday within an hour

Description of Work
Non working Air conditioner

Work Completed On 07/09/2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding our company. Rowland Air strives for excellent customer service and quality installations and repairs. We are so pleased to hear you were happy with our service and we look forward to serving you again!

03/08/2016

MADGE C.

I found this provider on Angie's list (I think, might have been Google) and called to schedule service on my swamp cooler. They scheduled the appt then called back and rescheduled to another time (Friday late afternoon) then on Friday evening they canceled the appt. after I had already left work early to come home and meet the tech. They didn't reschedule, just canceled and it was too late in the evening to find anyone else. The temps were in the 100's and my cooler was down, my house was 111 degrees and I couldn't find anyone to come out on Friday night. I will never use this company. The last girl in the office that I spoke to would only say that the girl who scheduled the appt in the first place shouldn't have done so because they had no one available. Very poor customer service.

Description of Work
NOTHING! I had to make up a date for date of service, but there was NO SERVICE.

Work Completed On 08/10/2015

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding our company. Customer service is our top priority and we would like to speak with you further regarding your experience. We keep records of all calls that come into our office on a daily basis. Unfortunately, we do not have a record of receiving a call, scheduling and/or cancelling an appointment for this property address. Can you please contact our office at (800) 500-9068 so we can confirm the telephone number you contacted us on to confirm that we are the HVAC company you contacted? Thank you.

11/23/2015

Sandra O.

They arrived on time, finished quickly and cleaned up after themselves. They are always polite.

Description of Work
Our annual HVAC maintenance.

Work Completed On 11/02/2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with Rowland Air with others! The growth we've experienced over the years is because of happy customers like you. We appreciate your trust, and we will continue to do our best to give you the very best in customer service!

09/08/2015

William T.

He checked coolant and said everything was ok and left. Did not fix the issue called him back he did another check and said needed to replace the coil. That still did not fix the issue. Ended up needing a new air conditioner from another service.

Description of Work
Came out to fix A/c not blowing cold air

Work Completed On 09/08/2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding our company. Customer service is our top priority and we would like to speak with you regarding your experience. We have tried to contact you via the telephone number we have on file for you and have been unsuccessful. Can you please contact our office at (800) 500-9068 so we can discuss this matter further?

08/14/2015

Henry W.

I Bought an Inspection deal with Angie's List for $69 to service my HVAC. They emailed me Within 24 hours to confirm my appointment. The technician, Ben, arrived on time and ready to start. He was very thorough, and courteous and I am very pleased with the service. I will be using them for a yearly tune up. I would recommend this company to any of my friends.

Description of Work
A/C Tune up, inspection and cleaning

Work Completed On 08/13/2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We will do our best to continue to provide you with the very best customer service!

08/12/2015

Rose R.

I did not use Rowland Air for the air duct replacement, because the cost to replace air ducts was the highest cost out of 3 estimates. I picked the middle estimate which came in at $2950.00. Rowland Air estimate was $5900.00 and they encouraged me to finance the project. which I told the service tech that I was not interested in financing the project. It was clear to me the pitch for financing was important to Rowland Air.

Description of Work
Basic tune up and gave estimate to replace air ducts.

Work Completed On 07/24/2015

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with Rowland Air. We take all of our reviews very seriously and customer satisfaction is our highest priority. We would like to apologize if you feel the estimate quoted was higher than expected. In order to address your concerns we would need to look at the quote from our competitor to ensure we are quoting “apples to apples” and are offering the same product. We offer a variety of high quality products and services that fit any budget. Rowland Air has been in business for over 30 years and we are licensed and bonded. All our HVAC technicians are highly trained professionals. The benefit in hiring us is that you are assured that your repair will be done correctly the first time by knowledgeable, licensed professionals. Since we are licensed and bonded you can be certain that all our installations are done to code, permits are pulled and inspections are performed. Please keep in mind most HVAC contractors are not compliant with the California State Energy Laws and neglect to educate the customers that Permits & Energy Inspections are required. By pulling a permit it ensures the contractor is doing the installation correctly. Replacing or upgrading your HVAC system is a major purchase so it is important for us to educate the consumer on financing options available to them. Rowland Air offers financing options not available at other HVAC providers. We hope you will take these factors into consideration in the future should you need further assistance with your HVAC system. Please feel free to contact our office directly should you have any additional concerns.

06/17/2015

Nancy C.

The first visit was arranged for an examination and tune-up of the system; the discount price for that was $69. The technician, who was extremely nice and professional, determined that the unit was broken and needed a new condenser and other expensive parts, so the final bill was much higher. He did the work efficiently and left me with a working central air conditioning system just as the summer heated up.

Description of Work
1st visit: determined that the HVAC unit was broken and inoperable but didn't have the parts to fix it. 2nd visit: Brought parts and fixed the unit, left it operating perfectly.

Work Completed On 06/11/2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Rowland Air. We are happy to hear you were satisfied with our service and look forward to serving you again in the future!

06/13/2015

Sandra O.

Our tech was Rick C and he arrived earlier that we expected. He quickly analyzed our A C problem and completed the needed repairs within and hour. He was very polite and explained what the problem was and what repair was required. We would definitely call Rowland Air again and would recommend them to friends and family. And we will always request Rick and recommend him as well.

Description of Work
Replaced the run capacitor in our A C condenser.

Work Completed On 06/13/2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review regarding our company! We are pleased to hear you were happy with our service!

05/09/2015

John K.

They are very good. I use Lenox products and I get them through Costco and I have been very happy. So far they have been very good. Rowland Air was just the one I choose cause I need to repair my downstairs heating system. I have them replace it with one of their Lenox unit and it's an excellent system. It's a state of the art unit and functions very well. It comes with one of these Honeywell thermostat which can be control remotely by your cell phone. It has an internet link and so you can set it up like a complete system or manually control it from anywhere in the building as long as you can get cell service. Quality presentation and workmanship is excellent. All around satisfied. I was very happy with it. The sales people told the truth, and they did what they say it will do. The unit is functioning perfectly. Excellent installation, no sloppy working.

Description of Work
Rowland Air. Heating and air conditioning company it's represented locally by Costco. The downstairs heater was starting to fail. I have them replace it with one of their Lenox unit and it's an excellent system.

Work Completed On 02/10/2015

04/06/2015

Ronald C.

One of their senior technicians, Rick C., after inspecting our current (12 year old original systems that were struggling to keep up), gave us estimates for three levels of systems. We opted for the best one. He reserved three days for the complete removal and installation, just over a week from the time of his inspection. The crew arrived on the scheduled date, shortly after calling us to confirm we were ready for them (no preparation required on our part). They put down drop clothes to protect our flooring and went right to work. They were very professional, pleasant, and hard working. The job was completed in two days versus the estimated three, and when they left the house was in fine shape - a couple of swipes with a dust cloth in a few places and you wouldn't know they'd been there. The new system (two, actually) are Lennox Elite high efficiency units (EL296V) with high efficiency XC14 air conditioning units. We haven't had a need to run the air conditioning units yet, but they worked quite well during a test run following installation. The heating systems are working very nicely. Due to the new registers, as well as the design of the furnace systems, the new system is much quieter than the old system was.

Description of Work
We had Rowland replace all the major units of our dual HVAC system, in the attic and in the back yard, add a return duct to improve circulation in one part of the house, and replace essentially all of the registers on the air ducts into the rooms of the house.

Work Completed On 03/17/2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding our company. We are pleased to hear you were happy with our service. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future should you have any questions or concerns!

01/12/2015

Kevin M.

They're a very good company. I would give A's for everything.

Description of Work
We used Rowland Air Heating & Air Conditioning. They did a thorough cleaning of the furnace and replaced the circuit breaker and fuse.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 10/15/2014

We are thrilled to hear you were happy with our service! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our company to others!

01/01/2015

Lawrence J.

Our Furnace/Heater had been down for approximately 3 months and with cold weather and in-laws en-route for the holidays, my wife and I decided on Rowland Air through COSTCO. I'm SO glad we did. Mike identified the problem, scheduled the service within the week and we were up and running with a better, updated and more efficient unit in no time. The heater easily heats our 2 story house with no problems at a fraction of the cost. It's not bad having COSTCO behind the operation as well. What's most important is that both the sales staff and technicians treated our home like it was their own. They were a pleasure to deal with and we HIGHLY RECOMMEND ROWLAND AIR.

Description of Work
1. Replaced furnace/heater and blower units. 2. Cleaned and insulated ducting 3. Cleaned and sealed vents and registers 4. Replaced Thermostat with upgraded computer/wifi unit.

Work Completed On 12/11/2014

Rowland Air strives to provide excellent customer service, quality installations and repairs. We are so happy to hear that you were happy with the service we provided to you! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others.

11/29/2014

George Y.

Last month in the Heat of Summer my Central Air went out. After 20 years of patch work repairs, my AC system went dead for good! I got 4 estimates from various references from Friends and Family. I decided to go with Roland Air in Canyon Country. Although they were not the Cheapest, Eric and his Assistant Brandon were VERY Professional and Courteous! Eric took the time to explain everything that they were going to do and what it's going to cost. No Surprises there. They replaced my outdated R22 Central Air with the Latest State of the Art HVAC Lennox System. Installation was a Clean and Quick! Thanks to the TEAM at Roland Air for a Fantastic and Professional job! I could not be more Pleased!

Description of Work
Replaced my Central Air Conditioning with a HVAC Unit.

Work Completed On 10/27/2014

11/06/2014

Robert A.

it went ok, nothing to report

Description of Work
ck central air unit

Work Completed On 04/13/2014

11/02/2014

Scott B.

I saw the display at Costco regarding new furnace and air conditioning units. My wife and I stopped and asked for the low down. We were told that Costco contracts out to a company in the area to provides the service. Our tired A/C unit almost gave up the ghost this summer and with winter around the corner I had no faith in our furnace. Last year when the furnace turned on, the closet door would just about blow open. The danger of a fire was a real possibility. Our house is about 50 years old. The furnace is the original unit. The house was built with a swamp cooler. The A/C was done about 20 years ago. Needless to say not state of the art. For safety sake we decided to plunge in and go with a new system. I checked with another contractor and was not to thrilled with the bid. So, the next trip to Costco we stopped at the display and asked for some info. They forwarded us to Jeff at Rowland Air. Jeff called and set up a date and time for a walk thru. He was right on time and smelled good too. (hold it, I think that's the Plummer) He looked over our equipment and came up with a viable option for a replacement. We sat down and came up with a price and a possible time frame. They had options to finance the work but we don't borrow money. I told Jeff that we had some money saved and that it would take us a month or so to save up the rest of the cash. There was no hard sell. He mentioned that bids only last for a stated length of time and that he would call me later to see when we could move forward. To make a long story longer, it took us 2 months to save the cash for our project. Jeff called twice, and by the second call we had our project fully funded. Jeff's next trip to the house we signed the contract and step a date for the install. This has little to do with the story, just a side note if anyone cares. We went to Costco to pay for the installation. This was just a little aggravating because I didn't want to carry 11000 dollars in cash to the store. I was just going to put it on my ATM card. I had more than enough cash to cover the purchase. At the store they wanted to split the purchase in half and ring it up as two purchases. It doesn't matter too me how this gets done, as long as it's the same price. Well, it mattered to my credit union. Half of 11000 is 5500. Turns out there is a 5000 limit per day on my card. I got on the cell phone to the credit union, which didn't have reception inside the warehouse. I went outside and got on the cellphone to the credit union. I was told this was not a big deal and we could make this work. They approved 5000 sale. I went inside and made the purchase. Back out to call the credit union, they approved the 5000 sale. Back inside, made the purchase. Back outside to call the credit union, they approved the 1000 sale. Back inside to make the purchase for a total of 11000. I know all this is in place as a security measure. I appreciate the credit union looking out for me. The sales people at Costco were very nice. Jeff understood and was accommodating. There was just a lot of monkeying around. That said, I hoped this wasn't a forecast of things to come. The day of the install arrived. The crew showed up right on time. Everyone introduced themselves and shook my hand. They looked around and got right to work. The outside equipment was gone in a flash. The duct work in the attic was out in no time flat. The new stuff was off the truck and out of the box real quick. Removal of the old furnace had a little hitch. I did mention that the house is almost 50 years old and this was original equipment. It turns out that the floor the furnace was sitting on was in terrible shape. As they pulled the unit out, the floor gave out. The unit tipped out of the closet and fell against the hallway wall. Thank God that nobody got hurt. The wall took a good dent and I have a doorway opposite the furnace that scraped up the molding around the door. I realize in life, bangs and bruises are going to happen. That's life. What happens next is what's important. And what happened next was this. They called the office and reported "the incident." Jeff was out in a flash. Jeff took a look, he called Frank. Frank took a look they both jumped into action. They checked the home improvement stores, came up with a new molding for the door, patched the wall, matched the paint for the wall. Patched, painted done in no time flat. Maybe better shape when they left than before they got here. On the other side of hall, the crew removed the old damaged floor. Built a new, reinforced floor. Cleaned up the closet and readied the equipment. In the attic they had the new duct work installed. I think if the floor hadn't been an issue the job might have been done in one day. They told me it would take two days when I signed the contract. As far as I was concerned, they were right on time. When they left the first day they picked up the floor coverings, vacuumed any dust, took all the trash with them. It was almost like they were never here. On the second day they showed up on time and got right to work assembling the equipment in the furnace closet. Everything went smoothly. They were almost done before lunch. After a quick break to eat they got back to work and I had hot and cold air pumping out of the vents in no time flat. A final tune up to make sure everything was working properly. They cleaned up everything and off they went. Each and everyone was professional, polite, they all introduced themselves and shook my hand when they first showed up and when they left. They knew what they were doing. I asked several questions about stuff. I got answers to my questions every time that indicated to me they were well trained and knowledgeable in their subject matter. My wife and I are both very pleased with this company and the work they did for us and would recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
installed new furnace and A/C unit..

Work Completed On 10/30/2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this amazing review of our company! We are so very happy that we exceeded your expectations! We look forward to serving you again (ie annual maintenance) and we will continue to strive to bring you the best customer service!

10/28/2014

Richard D.

Scott the tech said my capacitor was burned out, he found the problem in less than 10 minutes. Said he would sell me the best one there is, it cost 400.00 dollars. He did the job in less than a half hour, He could have been done sooner, but he kept on bragging how he didn't have to work because he made so much money! The next day I called two more Air conditioning co. because I thought the part price was too high! they both told me it would have been less than $100.00. and that they got calls from other customers about being overcharged be Rowland! Now I Know why Scott makes so much money! Never ever use again!!!!!!!! PS. I called to complain and they said send an email, which I did,never heard from them!

Description of Work
Replace the capacitor

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac