NRG Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc

Founded 1987 • With Angi since April 2011

4.4

7008 Owensmouth Ave

Canoga Park, CA 91303

NRG Heating and Air Conditioning was founded in 1987 by a hard-working family building their own American dream from the ground up. Through hard work and dedication, they built a successful and honorable company that upholds American values and provides its customers with the highest level of customer satisfaction. They have long invested in the local community in the San Fernando Valley and have a firm commitment to employ a diverse and dynamic staff. NRG Heating and Air Conditioning makes every effort possible to perform its work in a prompt manner. Our expert technicians are trained and knowledgeable in the design, installation, and service or all major brands of heating and air conditioners completely customized to each client's home energy usage needs. We continually upgrade our knowledge on new products, system designs, and service techniques so that customers can have confidence that the work will be performed in the most professional manner possible....

01/18/2022

Terry B.

Run, don't walk!! Do not use NRG Heating and Air Conditioning! Firstly they charge you $159.00 booking fee to clean air conditioning ducts, which they refuse to refund, even if you never use their services. I had to cancel a week after making an appointment due to contracting Corona virus (Omicron) and they were unwilling to refund me. Initially they told me it was no problem to get a refund and they wished me well and said that a refund check would be mailed. When the check didn't arrive, I called again and was told that the lady who writes the checks was at lunch but she would call me back when she returns. She never did. I called the following day and was told that the lady who writes the checks is out of the office and that they are running on a skeleton staff due to Omicron. They suggested I call back the following week on Monday when more people were back at the office. Finally they called me back and suddenly their tone changed and the rude woman told me that they never give refunds, not even for covid. So here is the lesson: if a company asks for your credit card information before arriving to do the work, that is fine, AS LONG AS THEY CHARGE YOUR CARD AFTER THE SERVICE HAS BEEN PERFORMED! It is unethical to charge a customer for doing nothing. This is a huge red flag. Never pay deposits or fees for work that has not yet been done. Terry B Lastly $1600 to clean ducts is outrageously overpriced. A fair price would be $700.

Description of Work
Duct cleaning

Category air duct cleaning

12/17/2021

Nena F M.

It has lots of bugs on the heating It was terrible I was over charged cost me several thousand of dollars that was a mistakes done from them. They were not happy doing it , they were very late.

Description of Work
They provided me a heat pump a heat pump was over priced, It never gets hat

02/01/2021

Amy J.

This is part two of a review for NRG Heating and Air Conditioning. The first evaluation was written as a complaint for a job completed but one that did not follow the all of the stipulations of the contract. This review is written to thank the individuals from NRG who took the first evaluation to heart and then dispatched a team to fix the areas of concern. I am delighted to report that the work completed today was done per the contract. Not only was the barrier wall built between the two condo units as originally promised, the attic was insulated with the additional blown in material, the old attic door sealed and caulked, pictures taken, and the area left clean and tidy. I am most grateful to the general manager, the quality control manager, as well as the insulators who made sure the job was finished per the original contract. NRG should be recognized as a company that not only took the time to read a customer service review but then acted, in a timely manner, to resolve the issues addressed in the complaint. I am most grateful for NRG's time and willingness to take responsibility for and to complete a job as promised. Thank you!

Description of Work
Removal of and replacement of attic insulation

Category insulation

12/20/2020

Simon K.

Do not hire this company. They will give you a good price but they do very poor quality work. They did an installation, crossed electrical wires and left my front gate not operational and back room without power. They refused to fix it and when I brought in an electrician to fix their work they could only shake their head at how bad the work was. Trust me these guys are scammers. Do not hire.

Description of Work
HVAC installation

Category electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac

12/16/2020

Evva B.

The salesman said I’d get pictures of completed work. After arguing I got pictures from one entrance which was not 6-8 inches thick like they said. Many calls later and still no pictures from the other side they supposedly did. No resolution. We can’t get up there to look. Very expensive so I thought they would be good. Beware

Description of Work
Attic insulation

Category electrician,insulation

04/27/2020

Eugene R.

I was so happy to come across NRG Heating & Air last week. Early heat wave, turned on my hvac and ofcourse it didn't work. Called NRG Heating and Air, not only did they come out through same day, they gave me a price that I simply could not say no to and to my surprise they came and did the work the next day. NRG will have recommendations coming from me forever. Thank you

Description of Work
Replace hvac

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

10/13/2019

LOTHELL J.

Steven was the technician that initially came and inspected my unit. Turns out the previous owner had a dog that constantly urinated on the AC unit and the damage worsened over time. I was a bit skeptical at first but after research found that this is a very common occurrence. Steve was very detailed about my options and after a few estimates from other companies I went with his company NRG. I purchased a new Goodman AC unit and a new condenser for a bit under $4900. The installers were 3 different techs who were professional, tidy and thorough. Once the new unit was installed it was 80x's more quiet than my previous unit and the house cooled down beautifully. I definitely would recommend using this company.

Description of Work
Air conditioner replacement

09/08/2017

carl M.

I think in the beginning I would give them a C for overall, but in the end for follow up care, I would give them an F. I think their price was fair. I think the unit is nice. The product is a good product. I just think the follow up care was not good. In the beginning the responsiveness was fine. Installing the heating and air, they were fine. It was the after care that I'm having a problem with.

Description of Work
New heating and air conditioner.

08/13/2017

Jillian D.

The new air conditioner froze up today. This was a complete rip off and I now feel like I was ripped off. I am a senior citizen and with the weatherman saying we are in a dangerous heat wave I feel like NRG is putting my health in jeopardy! The technicians who contract with NRG are going to return tomorrow. I hope they have some real answers.

Description of Work
They replaced my Lennox Air conditioner and heater including the outside unit, and the coils and heater. That was because they diagnosed a problem as bad coils. My air conditioner was freezing up. So with my brand new unit in place it struggled to cool the house off after they installed it tested the heater. Ok then it was ok when the weather was not above 100 degrees like when my old air conditioner froze. Today the BRAND NEW AC they put in froze. Also it does not have anywhere near the cooling capacity that the old one did. Only today they said "Puron" is not as effective as Freon. Before the sale it was all hype. This unit will work fine.

04/03/2017

Patrick L.

I've actually used them 4 times. They've installed central air and 3 split level air conditioners.

Description of Work
They installed a central air conditioner at my other building.

02/11/2017

Nino A.

See full explanation notes above....

Description of Work
The young technician was hurried and rushed. Only spent 10 minutes on the account and told me that I required an entire new furnace. I found that information highly speculative because one could hear the igniter clicking and the burners where fine condition. After he left, I called my Home Warranty company and they sent a tech out, assessed the problem as being a faulty gas valve. He ordered the new part and completed the repairs the very next day. Since then the system has been running with no problems. This took place over the Christmas 2016 holiday period. We went 5 days without heating. NRG Customer service conducted a follow up call in Feb 2017, and I explained to the caller what took place, having to send visiting family away because of the cold weather conditions in the house (was using a space heater in the family room and bedroom). The customer service caller was extremely sympathetic and informed me that the tech who evaluated my problem was no longer a member of their team. Obviously there were issues with that tech, therefore I will not fault NRG Heating and Air Conditioning. If I were to use Angie's List again, I would most likely give NRG another opportunity to make good on their service level, if customer service is any indicator of the quality of their company. Thank you Tiffany Sumpter for your follow up.....

01/31/2017

Robert C.

They arrived early and finished in less than one day

Description of Work
Replaced heater and duct work including asbestos abatement

01/30/2017

Nino A.

Technician provided a wrong assessment. Your technician said that the furnace was old and was broken, and required a new system. Although the system is 30 years old, the furnace was fine. It turned out to be the Gas Valve mechanism. I called my home warranty insurance company out and they found a faulty gas valve. Upon replacement the very next day, the system has been working flawlessly since then.

Description of Work
Furnace would not turn on.....NO HEAT.

01/18/2017

Barbara L.

It went perfectly. I was worried about rain, but they timed everything just right. After about 4 hours and a crane to put the heater on the roof, my house was warm again! Yay! Everyone from nrg has been very responsive and professional.

Description of Work
Nrg replaced my old package (a/c heater) that had quit working. Of course it happened during the holidays and on and off rain storms. The old unit was about 40 years old.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We truly appreciate your business and please reach out to me personally should you ever need service in the future. Sincerely, Mike Molloy

01/17/2017

Gisele S.

They were very prompt in calling me to set up the initial appointment and sent someone to give us a quote. However, it's been days since we've heard back from anyone, the next step was for someone from NRG to email us different window/door options for us to review. We ended up calling another company and ultimately gave them our business because the price was lower.

Description of Work
Quote on 4 windows and 2 doors to be replaced with energy efficient ones.

Category replacement windows,doors

01/11/2017

S C.

Lost our heat on a very cold late afternoon. Called 3 places. NRG was the only company that returned our call. Sent someone within an hour. Determined that our 28 year old unit needed to be replaced. Benjamin spent at least and hour on the phone to order the new unit and arranged to have it installed the next day, Thanks to all involved. Curtious, punctual, and professional.

Description of Work
New heating and AC unit.

01/10/2017

Debra H.

The installation was faster than I thought it would be and they helped me get connected to SCE quickly too. The staff were very friends and helpful.

Description of Work
We purchased and had NRG install Solar Panels on our home.

Category solar panels

12/22/2016

Marvin S.

They're wonderful, excellent, and good. They came and did what they were supposed to do, they came when they were supposed to come. Everything was good.

Description of Work
They did a routine maintenance.

12/19/2016

Michael B.

He was nice. The good thing was, NRG Heating Air Conditioning & Solar didn't charge me for the visit, so that was nice. I did some repairs myself on the furnace and I'm still not happy with everything that I did and the guy came out and said, "Well, you should get a better job..." So, he's nice. I think he was good. He verified my work and, you know, he didn't charge me so that was nice. I really can't complain, you know. They were out here the same day. He's punctual. I would consider using them in the future.

Description of Work
I had NRG Heating Air Conditioning & Solar come out. It was for my furnace.

12/02/2016

Linda R.

Excellent very satisfied with the AC and windows. They did quality work. I've had lots of compliments on my windows

Description of Work
Air conditioner, double pane windows

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,replacement windows

11/16/2016

Ryan H.

I had a great experience with a solar install from NRG Clean Power. I am an electrical engineer so I'm a huge nerd when it comes to the type of technology that I was looking for in a solar install. These guys use all enphase microinverters and solarworld panels, which is exactly what I wanted. My system has 16 280W panels, and it is working wonderfully. Once I said go, these guys were all over it. Sean Malloy was my sales guy, and he got the paperwork pushed through, and the permitting done in no time. The install contractors were all professional, and the job was done well. They also installed an upgraded main panel and installed a car charging station for my EV. I went from paperwork to system installed and operating in around 3 weeks. I would highly recommend these guys.

Description of Work
Needed a residential solar system installed as well as a new main electrical panel and electric car charging station

Category electrician,solar panels

11/11/2016

Marisa P.

There was a mistake on the installation of the first set of panels . We discovered it one year later when we went to install additional panels. They fixed the mistake and worked with us to combine the first loan into the second loan. Overall it got done and they made us happy.

Description of Work
Solar panels were installed

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,solar panels

11/04/2016

Mark T.

The entire process, communication, installation, and follow-up went Quickly and perfectly. I am very pleased with the job and the price.

Description of Work
Complete replacement of HVAC system except for ducting and hi/lo pressure copper lines.

10/17/2016

Bandele O.

NRG Heating and Air-conditioning provided excellent and extremely professional and timely service. Everything was done above my expectations and completed on time. From the inception of my contact with NRG, the office manager, Mike Molloy was professional, friendly and detail oriented in preparing the contract and ensuring to include all items that I requested. The owner of the company, Joe Tamir, was exceptional, professional and amazing in taking responsibility for all aspects of the the project and personally showed up throughout the project to make sure all was going well. Al Cohen was in charge of managing the air-conditioning and electrical portions of the project and he is the smartest professional I have met so far. He was able to explain and calculate the energy efficiency that I will enjoy with my new 5 ton Lenox package unit. Filepe was in charge of installing the Lenox package unit and he was very good and respectful of my home. All workers from NRG were respectful of my home and are frankly one of the best set of workers I have encountered in my life. I have already referred NRG to my neighbors and friends and will continue to refer NRG for anyone needing, air-conditioning, ducting, insulation, solar panels, roofing, and electrical work. In light of the fact that most people do not have perfect experiences with construction work, I feel extremely lucky to have encountered NRG and I will continue to hire them for all future work.

Description of Work
NRG Healing and Air-conditioning installed a new 5-ton, 2 stage Lenox Package HVAC Unit at my home and provided all new ducting for the AC and heating system. They also sealed my attic and installed attic insulation. They also retrofitted my home for LED lights by changing all light bulbs and switches to LED for energy efficiency. NRG also installed a new cool roof at my home.

08/22/2016

Bret F.

Well the job took 9 hours to finish wasn't happy about that but about 30 mins after they left the A/C started to leak inside so had to wait till morning it was a easy fix tho it was just the drain hose was not facing down enough. They cleaned up most of the mess but i still found some sharp metal bits and smoke butts all over the place outside. The job it self tho was done nicely and i would hire them again despite the time it took.

Description of Work
Needed a mini Split system supplied and stalled 2400 btu

Category electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac

Canoga Park Heating & Air Conditioning

When you live in the San Fernando Valley area, finding the best HVAC contractor to keep your home or business comfortable is definitely important. Fortunately, area residents can enjoy a comfortable indoor environment, year-round, when they rely on Canoga Park Heating & Air Conditioning for all of their HVAC and home comfort needs. As a business that has been family owned since 1963, we take pride in offering exceptional heating and cooling services throughout the area. Our business was built on our commitment of providing local businesses and homeowners with quality HVAC services delivered by professional technicians who have been trained to the highest standards. Whether you own a home or business in Canoga Park or one of the surrounding communities, you can trust our NATE certified technicians to provide the very best heating, cooling and home comfort services. In fact, with NATE certified technicians, you are always assured of receiving experienced serviced technicians who have been trained and evaluated to ensure the highest quality HVAC repairs, installation and maintenance. NATE certification is becoming the hallmark of the top heating and cooling technicians; when you want the best, insist that your HVAC system is entrusted only to technicians who have reached this level of expertise. Of course, at Canoga Park Heating & Air Conditioning, our experienced service technicians can handle much more than just basic heating and air conditioning service. Whether you need air conditioner repairs in a hurry or you have an emergency heating need, you can be sure that one of our professional technicians will be dispatched promptly and will have the necessary tools, training and experience to ensure your problem is resolved as quickly as possible.

Service Genius

Service Genius provides the highest quality products and services by leveraging the latest in technology with the best technicians in the area. We guarantee, once you experience the Genius Difference, you will know that you have found the right company.

RR Electric Heating & Air

Established in 1995. We operate a fleet of vans with professional technicians who provide a full range of Electrical, Heating, Air Conditioning and Water Heater services. Over the years, we have consistently delivered the best quality assistance in electrical, heating, air conditioning and water heater services. If you are looking for a professional company, contact RR Electric, Heating & Air Conditioning. We guarantee fast, friendly and reliable help from qualified specialists. From simple repairs and service to installation of new systems. We have years of proven experience with all types of electrical, heating, air conditioning and water heater systems. We service and install all makes and models. We are a full service company that offers a wide variety of services. Call any day...any time...and speak to a live representative! Call us now (855) 534-4957

Offers by RR Electric Heating & Air on Angi

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Heating System Maintenance & Repair Heating System Replacement & Installation Air Conditioning Maintenance & Repair Air Conditioning Replacement & Installation Mini-Split System Maintenance & Repair Mini-Split Replacement & Installation Duct Replacement & Installation Duct Cleaning & Rotobrush Cleaning Indoor Air Quality Management Attic Sanitation & Sealing Insulation Installation Dryer Vent Cleaning Gold Membership Program

NRG does not sell individual parts or provide the following services: Air conditioning systems in vehicles Refrigerators In-window "swamp" coolers Water heater repair or service Wall insulation