NRG Clean Power

California: Contractors
04/30/2023

7012 OWENSMOUTH AVE

Canoga Park, CA 91303

We are actively performing limited services. We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Virtual Solar Consultations

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment
Southern California Solar Installation

Southern California Solar Installation

solar companies202091607
Check out these incredible solar panels in North Hollywood, CA. We take pride in all our work, but some installations look exceptionally good. This was one of those installations. The homeowner wanted to go solar for a long time but worried about how it would look on their home. We identified their current and projected energy consumption, long-term and short-term goals, and desired aesthetics to design this custom solar system. "Our panels are amazing! We are very happy with our decision to go solar and wish we would have done it sooner." This set-up allows for the homeowner to produce all of the energy they consume, virtually eliminating their electricity bill. Although they still receive monthly statements from their utility company, due to net-metering, they are almost always covered by the energy they produce from their panels. Ready to upgrade your home with the installation of a custom residential solar system? Then contact our solar experts to see how much you can save by choosing NRG Clean Power.

NRG Clean Power is California’s leading clean power provider. We leverage over 30 years of superior customer service installing solar from the south of San Diego to the northern border with Oregon. In other words, regardless of where you are in California, we can help you make the switch to solar! Not only do we offer top-tier solar services, we are also a total home performance company, devoted to sustainability and energy efficiency. We offer fully customized home and business solar installations with battery backup capabilities. We do not service solar systems that we did not install. We believe the future is clean, renewable energy and with your help we are committed to creating it together. Customer satisfaction is a crucial aspect and the cornerstone of our business. As a result, we have earned the prestigious Diamond Certification 4 years in a row, along with the 2019 Angie’s List Super Service Award. NRG Clean Power offers the finest solar products at the best rates with finance options for everyone. We will be with you every step of the way and for years to come. Check out our promos to take advantage of our best deals. And ask about our Referral Program that allows customers like you to earn cash bonuses for referring friends and family!...

solar companies (40)roofing (5)HVAC Companies (5)electrician (2)home energy audit (1)window replacement (1)

01/01/2021

Kayla P.

We chose NRG for our solar installation. Everyone we worked with (especially Gemma and Leila) was incredibly helpful and responsive along every step of the process. They responded to emails and texts within a day or two at the most, but usually within a couple of hours. They were patient and very helpful with all of the questions we had (and we had many!), and they were happy to coordinate with other contractors that were doing work on our house at the same time. We did a fairly detailed analysis of the quality, cost, efficiencies, and expected lifetime of the equipment that NRG proposed compared to other companies, and we are confident that they provided the best equipment at the best cost. The installers that came to our house were very professional, worked quickly, and the system was up and running within hours - very impressive. We passed our inspection with no issues and the whole process was completely painless! We are very impressed with the services and products provided by NRG and would wholeheartedly recommend them to family and friends!

Description of Work
Solar Design and Installation

Category electrician,solar panels

Work Completed On 11/18/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience—we love hearing stories like yours! We always strive to provide the best service to all our customers so it is great to hear when all that hard work pays off. I passed this message along to Gemma, Leila and the rest of the team. Thank you again for your review and for choosing NRG Clean Power! -Tyler

08/11/2020

Charles F.

I evaluated 5 bids for my rooftop PV installation: 4 local firms and one regional firm (NRG). I was very glad to have chosen NRG. Their bid was the cheapest by a significant margin. The site survey, design and installation process was quick and smooth, despite the tribulations of the ongoing COVID-19 threat. Production from the system is exceeding specification, and my first monthly electric bill was -$15.

Description of Work
Installation of 7.2 kW solar PV system

Category electrician

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

08/10/2020

Knut K.

well. some schedule slips that were not nrg 's fault

Description of Work
Solar panel sale and installation

Work Completed On 08/11/2020

03/25/2020

Jaime M.

First let me start by saying this is the second project completed on our home. Our home was a new build and wanted to put solar on it right away. So a few months after it was purchased we added solar. We enjoyed the sales person was helpful and frankly wish I would have been able to speak to them throughout the project. Unfortunately because you do not have one point of contact information was lost in the transition but over all satisfied with the project. However less than a year later we still have an electric bill and had to add additional panels. We contacted NRG since they did the original project for us. Unfortunately this time it was just a cluster. From the installers not showing up in the time frame we were given. Told us they needed to enter the home when we were told they would not have to, To the installers actually installing the panels on the wrong side of the roof. The project manager was not concerned, just said they would send someone out to fix. I wanted an explanation to how and why this happened and details as to how they were going to fix this on our one year old roof. Since it voids our builder warranty. The Project Manager just made excuses and lied. I sent her proof and she just ignored the emails. It took a very long time to get an explanation out of them. When I asked to speak to someone else. They told me no, I could talk to them. In order to get the project going again I let them know that I wanted before during and after photos of the repair. After I received that and an addendum for the additional warranty on the side of the roof they damaged. I would make the last part of the payment. I have been badger from them for the week since the project for payment. Right after they left the house, before I was able to see it or have someone to talk to about how the repair went or have the pictures and addendum they demanded payment within 2 hours of the installer leaving and hours before I would even be home. It took me til Monday 3/23 to even get an explanation to the pictures I received and answer the questions I had. When I asked questions they were avoided and demanding payment. I finally received all the pictures yesterday 3/24 as well as the original addendum that I requested and was to be provided before final payment was to be made. Some of the pictures are unable to opened still, requested by still have not received. I have had them badger me for payment over and over but still have not fully satisfied their promises of what would be done prior to payment being collected. I would never do business with them again. Being treated like this, voiding my warranty on a new home and harassed over the last 8% of the project when they have not even done their completed their job. I am astounded that my husband and I had to find the mistake ourselves and now finding we have more damage to the tiles on our roof as well, many tiles are cracked from the installation and or inspections.

Description of Work
Unprofessional, Unhelpful and No Concern for Mistakes

Work Completed On 03/25/2020

03/11/2020

Mark H.

A pleasant experience from start to finish. The quoting process was a good two-way discussion, and cordial - no pushy salesman telling you how bad Company X or Y was. Just honest, factual, and straightforward. They quoted us a system with the panels, racking, and inverter which we wanted, not what they were pushing. The quote wasn't the best (hence the 'B' for price) but it did offer the best VALUE when we considered the equipment specification and the stability of the company - an important consideration when looking at a system with a 25 year life! The installation was scheduled by our coordinator, Sherry, and the team showed up when promised and got the job completed on time. Quality of workmanship was first rate and the entire installation was done with care, and tidied away before the team left. Permitting and PG&E inspection were all handled by Sherry, and that was also quick and flawless. Overall, the system they installed easily meets their projections in terms of performance, and it effectively pays for itself. We really couldn't be more pleased with NRG Clean Power and have recommended them to friends and neighbors. We'd recommend you give them your consideration if your looking for solar power.

Description of Work
Solar Installation

Work Completed On 03/01/2019

Review for NRG Clean Power - 7012 OWENSMOUTH AVE, Canoga Park, CA - 38439240

03/10/2020

Tyler C.

It is a project. It took time, effort, and energy to learn all the aspects involved. The team at NRG was always there to lend a hand. Tiffany, Andy, Leslie, and Daniel were all very good in providing me with a sound board with which to reverberate.

Description of Work
solar install

Work Completed On 03/09/2020

Thank you for the positive feedback [Member Name Removed]. We look forward to manage your solar panels for years to come!

02/21/2020

Jim G.

Overall experience was excellent. The only problem we encountered was when there were 2 project manager changes. I did not hear anything for 2 weeks, but when I called and spoke to a manager I received a call that day and Tiffany (new PM) was very helpful and professional. She was prompt and honest with project timelines. I would highly recommend NRG to anyone looking to install solar. There will always be issues and problems, but the sign of a good contractor is how they respond.

Description of Work
Installed 6.93kW solar system

Work Completed On 02/21/2020

Thank you for the feedback. We apologize for the shift we had in our production team but I’m happy to hear that we were able to make it work! We look forward to servicing you and your system for years to come!

10/10/2019

Dustin H.

The team at NRG was very easy to work with. They kept me updated on all the steps of the process, and they clearly know what they are doing. Special thanks to Sherry and Shanee.

Description of Work
Solar panels installed and re-roofing.

Category roofing,solar panels

Work Completed On 10/10/2019

07/16/2019

Margaret B.

We are so excited that NRG helped us to install Solar Panels on our house in San Francisco! Their entire team was wonderful from their first presentation providing us with all the information to the completion of the installation. Their installation staff was wonderful and completed the project without a hitch. Nicole Greenwood our customer service rep kept us informed of each step along the way and made everything easy. We had gotten estimates from two other companies and are glad we went with NRG. No worries and a wonderful experience. We will recommend NRG without reservation. Thanks to your whole team! Marge B.

Description of Work
solar Panels

Work Completed On 07/16/2019

07/10/2019

Octavio V.

It went extremely well, zero stress and very well informed in each step of the process. The entire team was professional and reliable. I will highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
Installation of Solar System

Work Completed On 07/05/2019

Full-Scale Solar System Installation, Solar Panel Installation & Maintenance, Backup Battery System Installation, EV Chargers, Roofing, Solar Attic Fans, Energy Efficient Pool Pumps

We do not service systems we did not install. We are happy to add onto existing systems.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check