Mulholland Brand

Founded 1994 • With Angi since September 2005

**WE OFFER THE LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEED** Mulholland Brand is a high-end direct manufacturer of low maintenance aluminum gates, fences, railings, and pergolas. For direct to consumer installations, we only offer the best quality to customers. With over 25 years of experience and a 4.9/5 star average user rating on Google and Yelp, you can count on us to do an amazing job. If you are looking for the highest quality manufacturing and installations, call us today at 818-639-3820 or check us out at http://www.mulhollandbrand.com for great service, great passion, and the best security gates in Los Angeles!...

A Service Provider's profile image

+46 more images

driveway gate installation2021
This property was equipped with a beautiful installation of our solid aluminum series.
Solid Aluminum Gates and Fences Installation project

Full Porch Modern Exterior  project
Full Porch Modern Exterior

decks & porches

2021

locksmith (140)driveway gate installation (32)home security systems (17)fence company (16)door installation (3)iron work (3)concrete driveways (3)home automation (2)welding (2)

09/19/2022

Catherine A.

DISREPUTABLE. They took a deposit of $12,523.60 TWELVE THOUSAND, FIVE HUNDRED, TWENTY THREE DOLLARS from us. Refused to do the work and have not returned our money. DO NOT WORK with this company. We needed to build a wall before the work started, we used their recommended contractor, who did a HORRIBLE job and and left a HUGE mess behind. Then, when they came back for final measurements, they told me that the wall was not stable. The wall that their recommended contractor built. I was better off before I ever met this company.

Description of Work
Fence Build and Install

Category fencing

Work Completed On 09/19/2022

02/11/2022

Chris D.

The gate came out exactly as we envisioned and with no problems or delays. TJ did an amazing job with the installation work and we are very satisfied

Description of Work
Gate installation for emergency stairwell

Category concrete driveways, fencing

Work Completed On 02/11/2022

Review for Mulholland Brand - 21260 DEERING CT, Canoga Park, CA - 39626100

06/23/2021

Claire B.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! I ordered a custom gate to be shipped in February. After several weeks delay, on the day it was finally to ship, I was informed they didn't have the glass I ordered and they were going to "upgrade" me to the glass they had in stock. It was nothing similar to what I ordered and after a ton of back and forth, I got approval to find what I had ordered locally and have it reimbursed. Unfortunately, the gate they sent with the incorrect glass was completely smashed in transit. Not only were the glass panels all cracked, but the actual frame was bent and the aluminum was falling apart at the seams. I reached out to the company and they said they would make it right. Several weeks later, they sent me a new gate. It was the wrong outswing. I contacted the company and after nearly a week of no response, they said they would again get me a new gate. Fast forward to the arrival of the new gate. They sent me one that was a foot too large and not even the same style or outswing. I have reached out directly to the CEO. He did not respond. I reached out to my POC and got a delightful email today telling me that the glass they didn't even carry the glass they sold me and they were unwilling to do anything but send me the gate with the ugly replacement glass. The company lacks leadership, accountability, and any bit of quality control, and here I am nearly 5 months later, still trying to get the gate I ordered and paid for. I built a custom masoned wall to the specs to accomodate this gate so I'm simply out of luck. Mulholland has my money, I have a smashed gate, and they won't fulfill my order.

Description of Work
Custom gate order

Category fencing

Work Completed On 06/23/2021

Review for Mulholland Brand - 21260 DEERING CT, Canoga Park, CA - 39380675

Hello, please call me at my cell number, 818.965.9788. We want to make things right with you. My name is Dan Locke and I will deal with you directly so that this is brought to resolution.

09/01/2020

greg J.

Excellent experience all around with Mulholland. Great job estimating the project, they made very good recommendations about ways to maximize the impact of our project and there were no surprises at all! They were extremely clean workers and a very polite crew. Harout, the lead installer, took great pride in our installation and it shows! He spent so much time measuring to insure the project would be perfect and it was! I really could not ask for more from the entire team. Jessica was fantastic keeping me informed and the project on track. From start to finish this project was professional and it looks amazing! Thank you Mulholland!

Description of Work
replace existing fence and gates with powder coated aluminum fencing

Category fencing, driveway gates

Work Completed On 08/26/2020

08/23/2020

james A.

They are the best. I had 4 quotes and even though they were a little more money it was worth it. Very professional. Excellent job. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
new driveway gate and fence

Work Completed On 10/05/2020

06/18/2020

Javier C.

Smooth, clean and quick was my experience, the contract was met and I’m still smiling. The owner in involved and kept us updated with progress and Liz the manager kept a everyone on track. Robert and Borhan run installation crews professionally and clean. The product is top shelf....100%

Description of Work
Center open gate and banisters

Category fencing, locksmith, welding, home security systems, home automation, driveway gates

Work Completed On 06/18/2020

05/15/2020

Lori S.

Everything from the first meeting with Ori to the installation by Harout and Ran went smoothly. The gate is beautiful and works perfectly. We are super happy!

Description of Work
entry gate with keypad

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

Review for Mulholland Brand - 21260 DEERING CT, Canoga Park, CA - 38569002

05/15/2020

Shimrit S.

I’m so glad my husband and I made the decision to work with Mullholland Brand. The whole process was pleasant and easy and the result is AMAZING! A handful of Neighbors already asked me for their phone number! But the best part is the service. No matter what we needed either before or after the job was done - the team made sure it’s done. They are truly the best in the business!!! Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Fencing at the front and back

Category fencing, driveway gates

Work Completed On 11/14/2019

Review for Mulholland Brand - 21260 DEERING CT, Canoga Park, CA - 38567232

05/07/2020

MARY CRESCENZO P.

Great. This company is professional and knowledgeable with an amazing product. Both the office and field crew are friendly, helpful, creative in their ideas in helping me decide what would work best in the area I was considering for my gate. I would highly recommend this company,

Description of Work
Gate installation

Category concrete driveways, fencing

Work Completed On 03/07/2021

05/07/2020

MARY CRESCENZO P.

If you want a beautiful, sturdy, long-lasting, well-built and well-designed gate, Mulholland is the company for you. These people know how to run a business and how to please their customers. They will listen to your needs yet advise you on what will work best from their knowledge and years of experience. Locally owned, Mulholland is professional yet friendly establishment. From the office, to the sales people, to the installers, we couldn't be happier. You get what you pay for. We highly recommend Mulholland for all of your gate needs. We purchased two gates manufactured by this company and both were installed in one day.

Description of Work
Design and installation of a front and and back gate.

Category home security systems, driveway gates

Work Completed On 05/06/2020

Review for Mulholland Brand - 21260 DEERING CT, Canoga Park, CA - 38549512

03/27/2020

Sue B.

They are superb. My Sales rep Shaye was terrific and attentive. They installed the gate this week (led by Robert, also great) and when I had an issue with it a few days later, they came right back, even in this pandemic. Everything was done safely, with gloves and mask. Couldn't have been more pleased with how it all went. I'm sorry I didn't get everyone's name, but thanks to every single one of you for a great job!

Description of Work
installed electric gate across driveway

Work Completed On 03/23/2020

07/23/2019

Aviva E.

The crew was so nice and friendly. The work was done exactly as promised. I would highly recommend Mulholland Security Center! They are the best.

Description of Work
Gate installation

Category fencing, locksmith, wrought iron, driveway gates

Work Completed On 07/09/2019

06/11/2019

LESLIE S.

THE DRIVEWAY GATE I PURCHASED IS NOT ONLY BEAUTIFUL IT IS OF GREAT QUALITY. GREAT INTERCOM SYSTEM TOO. ANY ISSUES THAT MAY HAVE ARISEN WHICH HAS BEEN MOTHER NATURE RELATED, FOR INSTANCE, NEIGHBORHOOD BLACKOUT, & THE MOTOR IS INOPERABLE OR NEEDS A REBOOT, OR FLOOD DAMAGE, MULHOLLAND IS TO THE RESUCE ASAP. ONE CALL IS ALL IT TAKES TO GET YOU BACK ON TRACK. LIZ SHAMLIAN, Operations Manager/ H R Admin IS PERFECTION WHEN IS COMES TO COMMUNICATION & CUSTOMER SERVICE. HER RESPONSE TIME IS QUICK, SHE IS THOROUGH, AMAZING WITH A FOLLOW-UP AND DESERVES A RAISE AS I'M SURE SHE DEALS WITH A MILLION CUSTOMERS. I AM ONE SATISFIED CUSTOMER AND MY GATE IS NOW 4 YEARS OLD

Description of Work
MOTORIZED MODERN STEEL DRIVEWAY GATE

Category locksmith, driveway gates

Work Completed On 02/01/2015

03/02/2018

Marley J.

Everything that could go wrong with this project did. The project management that was provided was non-existent. The two day timeline that was provided turned into months, and the work performed was substandard. They "finished" multiple times with keypads not working and had the wrong products installed in wrong spots. Once I was placed a downpayment, the project manager never came back to check the work or look at the issues that I was reporting. We parted ways with my gate not closing properly, one of the two keypads not working and a clicker range that meant we needed to be a maximum of 5' away from the gate. In the 6 months after they completed to the best of their ability, I have had to spend $100 on a new power supply for the intercom, purchase and install a new antenna, and most recently hire a welder to redo work that has started to break. Photos of this issue are attached.

Description of Work
Retrofit existing gate to automatic

Category welding, driveway gates

Work Completed On 09/07/2017

Review for Mulholland Brand - 21260 DEERING CT, Canoga Park, CA - 36871858

12/20/2016

Adrienne T.

fine..very efficient good suggestions for keys

Description of Work
I had some issues with his clothing..310-429-3950 adrienne

Category locksmith

Work Completed On 12/13/2016

10/27/2016

MARY J.

A representative of this company came and we discussed in detail what I needed and we talked about the style of the fence and gate. I asked for alternative pricing for a partial solid wall fence vs a regular iron fence. The representative gave me rough guesstimates for both. She also gave me a guesstimate for "security bars" for windows. I assumed that measurements would be done and a specific offer would be made outlining the specific cost of items and the specific work that would be done. However, before this is done, a down payment of 10 per cent would be required. 10 per cent of what? I advised her that I was not told of his policy and thanked her for her time, but it is not my policy to give 10 per cent until the first day of installation after a signed written contract laying out the specifics of the project. Had a contract been offered and signed , I would have hired this company.

Description of Work
Installation of a security fence and gate.

Category concrete driveways, fencing, wrought iron, driveway gates

Work Completed On 10/27/2016

09/06/2016

Mark C.

We contacted Mulhiolland Security to build a new fence, gate and intercom security system and are absolutely thrilled with the work they did. Yael met with us twice to discuss options and provided us with great examples and lots of ideas. She was able to take our initial ideas and improve upon them while staying within our budget. All of the work was done as promised and the quality exceeded our expectations. Each day the crew left the property spotless and were meticulous about their work. The project manager, Dustin, was very communicative throughout the process and addressed all of our questions along the way. When there was one element that was different than we had expected, they changed it the next day to meet our request. The quality of the finished fence and gate were so high that the contractor that is doing other work on our house commented on how impressed he was. I couldn't recommend them highly enough. A+++

Description of Work
Mulholland Security removed our old fence and built a new fence around the front of the house, our trash can area and built a new entrance gate.

Category fencing, locksmith, home security systems, wrought iron, doors, driveway gates

Work Completed On 09/06/2016

08/03/2016

Denise R.

They did not have any written information are at least they did not give it to me on the like[06:06]of the camera system and I had to call the guy back out he did come but still I had to take my own notes I think something should have been written.

Description of Work
I used Mulholland Security Centers Inc. for fencing-driveway gates.

Work Completed On 05/15/2016

08/03/2016

Denise R.

They did not have any written information are at least they did not give it to me on the, like, fine points of the camera system and I had to call the guy back out. He did come, but still I had to take my own notes. I think something should have been written. They service people were fine, everything was good -- everything was good. Everyone was knowledgeable, they did good work and they were friendly and polite. I needed a guide -- I still need a guide.

Description of Work
I used Mulholland Security Centers for alarms.

Category home security systems

Work Completed On 05/24/2016

11/27/2015

C H.

I made a big mistake when I hired Mulholland Security to do this project. The "security" lock Mulholland Security installed on my gate does not lock. I found it wide open this morning. Most likely this is because the post that Mulholland Security installed that holds up the gate is wobbly and is about to fall down. So If I wiggle the loose post sometimes I can get the lock to lock. The Liftmaster Gate Opener Mulholland Security installed can be opened with a gate opener you can buy from Amazon for under $10. When the Mulholland Security "expert" came out to fix this problem he said he had reprogrammed the Liftmaster so the Amazon gate opener would not open it. I had fortunately held one Amazon opener back. And checked the Mulholland Security technicians word. The Amazon gate opener still opened my gate. The Mulholland Technician had done nothing at all. This does not really matter as the Liftmaster Gate Opener only closes the gate half the time. I asked Mulholland Security to fix this problem but Mulholland Security told me that even a pebble will stop the Liftmaster from closing the gate and you have to keep the track immaculate and free from dirt. Since the gate is installed outside I question the "expertise" of Mulholland Security for choosing this particular gate opener for an exterior installation. I made the mistake of paying Mulholland Security for my security gate project prior to the nail holes being filled in on the gate. Big mistake. Much to my dismay Mulholland Security could not figure out how to fill in the nail holes to match the gate. Some of the nail holes are too light. Some of the nail hole are too dark. Some of the nail holes are not filled in at all. So now I have a polka dotted gate. It looks really bad. The Mulholland Security "expert" said, "that's just what happens with wood and you can never get the nail holes to match the stain and they will always show." I have a whole house full of wood trim and the nail holes match perfectly. But Mulholland Security did not install my wood trim. Fortunately I had a real craftsman do that. I don't feel too bad though because the Mulholland Security Salesman is so smooth he could sell ice to an Eskimo. And he was very aggressive, prior to my choosing Mulholland Security for this project the Mulholland Security Salesman repeatedly called me and would just show up at my home without an appointment and bang on the door until I answered it. This was an effective sales ploy for Mulholland Security because it made me realize I really needed a gate to keep such aggressive sales people out. This is why you should not buy anything from Mulholland Security; Mulholland Security responded to my bad review on Yelp saying Mulholland Security is proud of the work they did for me. Mulholland Security seems not to realize what a bad job they did for me. Or Mulholland Security is most likely laughing all the way to the bank. I'm waiting to go into mediation with the Contractors Licensing Board to correct all the problems with this project because Mulholland Security will not fix them. Mulholland Security does not see the problems as problems. It has become obvious to me Mulholland Security does not have the expertise to correct the problems so I am concerned regarding the outcome. From the amount of Spam I still get from Mulholland Security they put their money into advertising not into their products. They are experts at advertising and sales. Mulholland Security is not expert on security or building quality custom gates. I had two other estimates prior to going with Mulholland Security which were half the cost. I didn't want to run into any problems with regard to quality craftsmanship so I went with Mulholland Security's much higher priced bid. Also Mulholland Security had really good reviews on Yelp. (Which I have now found out by reading another bad review on Yelp that Mulholland Security gave discounts for good reviews.) Obviously you don't get what you pay for from Mulholland Security. Talk about being "pound foolish" and not "penny-wise." Hopefully someone will learn from and benefit from my very, very expensive mistake. Update: The work done by Mulholland Security Centers was determined by the California Contractors State License Board to be substandard. The project "does not meet accepted trade standards for goods and workman-like construction." After inspection by the Industry Expert from the California Contractors State License Board "the gate and pedestrian door do not line up correctly. The gate and door are not stable. The deadbolt lock does not latch properly. The steal post adjacent to the gate is loose and is easily moved." This is only the beginning of the problems Mulholland Security Centers aka Gates Los Angeles left behind.

Description of Work
The project was to build and install a secure custom quality gate to match a photograph of a gate which I supplied to Mulholland Security.

Category locksmith, driveway gates

Work Completed On 07/01/2015

This "review" from [Member Name Removed] is a cut and paste from a review at Yelp, written a few weeks ago. She has added in a few more statements as well. She has also cut and pasted this to another review site. We would love to work this out with [Member Name Removed], unfortunately her stance on this has been and continues to be combative and threatening and we have not yet been successful at getting her into a friendly "let's work together to make this right" type of attitude. Here is the response we posted at Yelp: [Member Name Removed] has a high quality gate at her property, that was built to the highest standards, and has done much to increase her security. We've been out and inspected that lock several times and it has always worked. Although there is nothing wrong with her lock, we have offered to upgrade to a more expensive lock, and she refused. When we fabricated and installed [Member Name Removed]'s gate and she was thrilled. She gave us a video testimonial. After the gate was installed, she hired us again to install security cameras, as she believed her neighbors were spying on her, that she was being pranked, and that her property had been tagged by gang members. We began work very shortly. After beginning work, having installed a beam for the security cameras, she told us that she no longer wanted this done. Our company had already invested a fair amount of money in this, so we tried to use communication to keep the job, but we never felt we understood why she changed her mind. We feel we were considerate in all our communication, and never tried to use any means to "heavy hand" her to keep to the contract; but she was adamant about not continuing. Very shortly we removed our beam and returned her deposit in full. The security camera incident was a down-turning point for us. Before that, she was friendly and she was full of praise. Since that incident, it seems we can not do anything right in [Member Name Removed]'s eyes. Since then, we have been back to the property to work on her gate several times. The company has sent our very best people to her house, our best project manager; our top technicians - all of the people who are responsible for the sparkling reviews you see elsewhere here on Yelp. Most everyone in the company has attempted to work with [Member Name Removed] at one time or another. She has never once been satisfied. We can not reach [Member Name Removed] other than by email-- she tells us that her cell phone does not work in her home and that she has to be outside to use it, and we don't know why she does not have a regular phone. And all her emails to us have a demanding tone and will typically contain threats that she will go to the contractors' board if we don't do such and such a thing by such a date. Points in [Member Name Removed]'s review: [Member Name Removed]'s Liftmaster gate openers are amongst the most highly regarded in the industry. Yes, you can buy remotes for them, for less than $10 on Amazon, but they are not going to open [Member Name Removed]'s gates. Her gates are programmed to open and close for her remotes, and no one else's. We have not spammed [Member Name Removed]. She seems to have given the company permission to email her in that it is the only means we have to reach her. A fraction of our budget is spent on advertising and marketing. A significant proportion of our business is based on word of mouth. Our personnel are constantly being trained on the "latest of the latest" and the majority of our money is spent on our products and our services and making the company even better. We are, indeed, experts at building quality custom gates, as is evidenced by the other reviews here at Yelp and at [Hyperlink Removed] We have never offered a discount for a review on Yelp. [Member Name Removed]'s gate, whether she realizes it or not, is a piece of craftsmanship and beauty. It is, at this moment, increasing her safety and enhancing the beauty of her property. We are proud of her gate and the people who made the gate and installed it. [Member Name Removed] has every right to be just as proud. Avi Ben David - Owner

10/21/2015

Matt H.

Yael was very helpful during the quote & design visit. She helped us rework our original idea, which saved money and our landscaping. We described the visual design of the gate we wanted and she got it perfect. The quote was very fair, especially after getting some very high bids from other companies. Installation was done in a few stages and the crew worked very hard. They accommodated touch ups and some on-site alterations. Yael wanted to make sure we completely happy with the results. The system works great now, the driveway gates are practically silent and the intercom is great for accepting visitors/deliveries rights from our cellphones.

Description of Work
Designed, built, and installed an automated driveway gate and pedestrian gate with intercom, including running electrical and demoing an old gate.

Category fencing, locksmith, driveway gates

Work Completed On 10/05/2015

10/15/2015

Ashley C.

He was very nice and gave us some advice on how we could upgrade a better lock system (when we finally replace the doors). However we had a lot of issues with the new locks sticking and not quite lining up. A few months later I finally tried to fix it myself and I was able to improve it but to this day one of the locks is still unusable.

Description of Work
Replace old locks

Category locksmith, doors