1-800-GOT-JUNK?

Founded 2005 • With Angi since October 2005

7223 Canoga Ave

Canoga Park, CA 91303

Our services include removal of junk, unwanted trash, garden debris, electronics and furniture. We sort, remove, clean-up and haul away your old junk for you. All of our team members are insured so we do the job safely, Pricing is based on load. Visit our website today and receive $10 off your total cost. Additional DBA - Junque Distribution Services LLC....

06/12/2022

Joan E.

They are great! They were on time and efficient and they explained everything in detail. They give a free estimate before they do the job. They provided a great service.

Description of Work
junk removal

08/28/2017

pamela G.

The price was very reasonable. They did a great job. I plan to use them again for my garage.

Description of Work
My patio was filled with dead plants and they took everything away.

07/05/2017

Adriana L.

Fast and thorough

Description of Work
Good work and very prompt and courteous.

04/12/2017

Bart T.

It was great. I would totally use them again.

Description of Work
I had a lot of miscellaneous junk to have hauled away. They came in, were very professional and removed everything at a very reasonable price.

06/25/2015

Jacqueline M.

03/19/2015

David S.

Description of Work
I had two large heavy "unusual" sofas removed from the second floor. They came, reviewed the cost with me, quickly took the sofas and left. They were on time, polite and the whole process was quick. A bit on the expensive side but no issues or worries whatsoever.

09/19/2013

Shelley B.

We have used 1 800 Got Junk before in our previous house and they are terrific. They did all the work and we didn't have to move anything. Two really nice young men showed up and got to work and the price was right. I highly recommend this service.

Description of Work
Removed old outdoor chairs, large pipes and trash in back of garage. Cleaned up after.

Category garbage collection, hauling services

10/24/2011

Gary J.

Very professional and friendly staff. Efficient and orderly in their work. That said, I think they are a bit pricey for the time and effort spent (about 40 minutes - max.). At least in my situation. I had everything arranged for them to pick up when they arrived. They provided an estimate based on the size of the load which I felt was a bit "padded" in their favor. They priced based on a 3/8 load which wasn't arranged in the most efficient manner on their truck. In other words, It was really more like a 1/4 load in my opinion. I had an online promo code for a $10 discount which didn't make that big of a difference in price. Overall, they did what they were paid to do and were very friendly. If I used them again, I would probably be a bit more proactive as to discussing pricing regarding load size.

Description of Work
Junk hauling from garage and backyard.

06/23/2010

Ellen N.

The service was excellent. They were nice people, they were clean, and they were quick.

Description of Work
1-800-Got-Junk performed lumber and wood removal.

05/28/2010

Janet H.

I arranged it all online, they called before coming, they arrived on time, got everything out quickly, were careful not to damage anything in the house, and were professional and pleasant. This was remarkably easy.

Description of Work
They removed and hauled off two old mattresses and bedframes, as well as some additional small pieces of furniture and some old books

09/09/2009

BETTY M.

They recycle and do good things with the junk. They were very nice, quiet and did not ask any questions. If you have a loved one that died and you do not know what to do with their things; that is where these guys are really nice. They come in, treat the things with respect and are very polite. They are professional and is just a wonderful company.

Description of Work
I use them to haul off the junk as my husband died and I had to downsize 2 apartments into 1.

Category hauling services

First of all, I hope that you are holding up well during what must be a trying time for you. We value your review of our services that much more knowing that it was done during a difficult time for you. Our guys experience the full gamut of experiences while on the job and try to perform their duties appropriately. I am glad to have confirmation of this through your kind report. Thanks again for your review.

02/02/2009

Susan C.

They arrived and I showed them what was to be hauled away. I was then given an estimate and they went to work. They were very efficient and moved quickly. Overall experience was very good

Description of Work
They were on time Pleasant Did the job asked of them Removed the items to be hauled Loaded the truck I paid them and they left.

Category hauling services

Thank you kindly for your taking the effort to post a review on our services. All our Angie's List reviews are shared with our truck team members which help build recognition as to what they do that our customers like and what areas they could do an even better job. Reviews such as yours serve as a reward and we like that very much. Thanks again. And sorry for the late reply to your review!

11/23/2008

lorie K.

Call to company was answered by a nice lady who explained charges and scheduled it for same day -around two hours later. She explained that they would assess the job and give me a price which I could decline or accept. Soon afterwards, John the owner called to review the order, advise who would do the work and thank me for the business. Then the driver called to confirm time they would arrive. Right on time, a guy and gal arrived, looked at the job and said they would charge the minimum minus the Angie's List discount of $10.00. They quickly removed the wood and even swept up afterwards! Apparently it is charged according to the space your junk takes up in the truck. My only problem is that the minimum seems kind of high for what seemed like a small space in the truck for a few pieces of wood- but maybe that is the industry standard and what it takes to run the company well. I did not comparison shop so I don't know. For that reason (price), I might hesitate in using them again as to rent a bin is around the same and you can get a lot in there! Of course, this is much more convenient and faster with no lifting or work on your part so I guess you have to pay for that. Also, you get a reliable and professional company. Just for me, I would shop around a little next time.

Description of Work
We had a huge redwood tree cut down and there were some pieces left on the porch. Due to fear of termites we had them hauled away.

Category hauling services

JUST WANTED TO SAY "THANKS" FOR YOUR KIND REVIEW. I REMEMBER SPEAKING WITH YOU AND IT WOULD BE A GREAT BUSINESS IF ALL OUR CLIENTS WERE LIKE YOU. WE'RE NOT THE CHEAPEST ALTERNATIVE IN TOWN FOR JUNK REMOVAL, BUT I SINCERELY BELIEVE WE PROVIDE ADDITIONAL VALUE IN OUR PROFESSIONALISM (WHICH INCLUDES PROPER INSURANCE, TRAINING, WORKERS COMPENSATION, ETC), TIMELY SERVICE, AND ATTENTION TOWARDS PROVIDING A SUPERIOR SERVICE. BUT AS YOU CORRECTLY POINTED OUT, IT DOES COST MONEY TO RUN A BUSINESS, AND WE TRY NOT TO TAKE ANY SHORTCUTS. PLEASE CALL ME AGAIN FOR ANY JUNK REMOVAL NEEDS AND WE'LL TRY HARDER TO PROVIDE YOU MORE VALUE FOR THE SERVICE. THANKS AGAIN :-) SINCERELY, JOHN NAKAMA- FRANCHISE OWNER

08/19/2008

Dana K.

Excellent service. I called to get an estimate and make an appointment, and the guys with the truck arrived on the same day, less than 90 minutes later. I didn't expect to get same-day service, let alone immediate service, but they jumped right on the job and completed it less than two hours after my initial inquiry. The workers were polite, professional, worked quickly and made the entire process easy and pleasant. The pricing was reasonable and exactly as described over the phone. They took great care to move things without bumping walls, furniture, etc. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Hauled away a large console television, a large area rug, and a large semi-dead potted palm tree.

Category hauling services

THANK YOU FOR THE KIND COMMENTS AND FAVORABLE REVIEW. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT IN SAYING THAT WE PROVIDE THE HIGHEST VALUE TO THOSE THAT APPRECIATE/REQUIRE IMMEDIATE AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICE. AS PER YOUR ADVICE TO US, WE WILL DO OR VERY BEST TO KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. THANK YOU AGAIN! SINCERELY, JOHN NAKAMA- FRANCHISE OWNER

09/08/2007

Teri E.

Wonderfully. When, after 2 weeks, the city had not yet picked up this unsightly object, I called and spoke with John on a Saturday afternoon. When I explained the situation, he told me that he would charge half their normal minimum charge because I was doing somewhat of a public service by paying to have it taken away - the city told us they would do it, but seemed very slow to respond, and could not give us a pickup date. John told me he could do the next day. I left a check in my mailbox, and the following day, Sunday, a truck took the mattress away. Thank goodness! Great responsive service - I would use them again.

Description of Work
Hauled away mattress that had been dumped across the street from my house.

Category hauling services

DEAR MEMBER, THANK YOU FOR THE KIND WORDS. I APPRECIATE THE OPPORTUNITY TO HELP OUT THOSE WHO ARE TRYING TO HELP OUT OTHERS. THANKS TOO FOR THINKING OF US IN YOUR HOUR OF JUNK REMOVAL NEED. WE LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING WITH/FOR YOU IN THE FUTURE! SINCERELY, JOHN NAKAMA FRANCHISE OWNER

03/08/2007

BETH G.

They were very prompt, polite and friendly. The couch was a ''beast'' to remove and they had to loosen the stair rail to get it but they got it out of the room and down the stairs and replaced the rail as quickly and neatly as possible. Then they took all the other stuff that was in the garage and even offered to sweep the garage.

Description of Work
I had a monster of a couch upstairs and speakers, vacuums, aquarium and other misc items that needed to be hauled away. The guys that came were Jerry and Tim A.

Category hauling services

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND REVIEW OF OUR SERVICES. OUR GUYS PRIDE THEMSELVES ON SATISFYING OUR CUSTOMERS AND YOUR COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED NOT ONLY BY JERRY AND TIM BUT ALL OF US HERE AT 1-800-GOT-JUNK? WE HOPE THAT WE CAN BE OF SERVICE TO YOU (AND YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY) AGAIN IN THE FUTURE WHEN THE NEED ARISES. SINCERELY, JOHN NAKAMA FRANCHISE OWNER

01/01/2007

PAULA G.

They came over to give me a bid the very same day I called. That was pretty amazing. They were polite, neat and clean, and very nice. They had a look at what I wanted taken, they showed me their price list, and estimated it would be about one-quarter of the truck. I told them to go ahead. They worked very quickly and were done in about 5 minutes. It was amazing. The price was exactly what they estimated. They thanked me, gave me some coupons, and left.

Description of Work
They picked up boxes, old furniture, and various junk.

Category hauling services

HI, THANK YOU FOR THE KIND REVIEW. WE ALWAYS TRY TO EXCEED OUR CUSTOMERS EXPECTATIONS AND APPRECIATE VERY MUCH ANY FEEDBACK. IT WAS A PLEASURE SERVING YOUR JUNK REMOVAL NEEDS. THANKS AGAIN! SINCERELY, JOHN NAKAMA FRANCHISE OWNER

11/27/2006

CHARLES M.

Removed big bundle of Bamboo trimmings from my backyard.

Description of Work
The call center answered promptly and was glad they could come in three hours from my call. Driver arrived and was very courteous. He did the job and left without a hitch. Price was agreed and then he said no more about the price and went about his job. The price breakdown was a little steep but you pay for the convenience, I guess.

Category hauling services

THANK YOU FOR YOUR POSITIVE REVIEW REGARDING OUR SERVICES. APOLOGIES FOR THE DELAYED RESPONSE. I JUST WANTED TO ADD TO YOUR COMMENT REGARDING THE PRICING. OUR SERVICES ARE GEARED TOWARDS SATISFYING OUR CLIENTS EXPECTATIONS AT A VERY HIGH LEVEL. THIS MEANS THAT WE DO CANNOT TAKE ANY SHORTCUTS (PROPERLY STAFFED AT ALL TIMES, HAVING MORE THAN SUFFICIENT LIABILITY INSURANCE, CARRYING WORKERS COMPENSATION, COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH RECYCLING AND DONATING ITEMS, CONDUCTING PROFESSIONAL AND SAFETY TRAINING PROGRAMS) AND THIS INVARIABLY ADDS TO THE COST OF RUNNING THE BUSINESS. THIS WE FEEL THIS IS NECESSARY TO ACHIEVE OUR FOREMOST GOAL OF PROVIDING THE BEST SERVICE IN THE INDUSTRY. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR KIND INPUT AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SERVICING YOUR JUNK REMOVAL NEEDS IN THE FUTURE. JOHN NAKAMA, OWNER

11/10/2006

Jean B.

The company called ahead of time to confirm, and arrived 10 minutes early. The two men were polite and well-spoken. They estimated our rocks and bricks would be a full bed load in the truck, meaning that with heavy items they have to spread them over the truck bed and can only stack the heavy stuff one foot high. With that estimate, they estimated the cost at $406 to $478. Unfortunately, that was more than I had expected, so I told them I was sorry but we would seek another alternative. They were extremely nice about it and didn't make me feel like a cheapskate. The whole thing took about 10 minutes.

Description of Work
The company sent out two men and a truck to give us an estimate, and potentially haul away a bunch of rocks and bricks unearthed when we relandscaped our backyard.

Category hauling services

DEAR MEMBER, I KNOW IT HAS BEEN SOME TIME SINCE YOU'VE PROVIDED YOUR KIND COMMENTS REGARDING OUR SERVICES AND WISH I COULD HAVE RESPONDED EARLIER. NATURALLY I LIKED WHAT YOU WROTE ABOUT OUR LEVEL OF SERVICE PRIOR TO ACTUALLY DOING THE JOB, IF ONLY WE COULD HAVE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO IMPRESSED YOU WITH WHAT WE DO BEST, WHICH IS DE-CLUTTERING YOUR HOME OR OFFICE. A NOTE ON OUR PRICING, I BELIEVE OUR CUSTOMERS GET VERY GOOD VALUE WITH OUR SERVICES AS WE DO A COMPLETE JOB INCLUDING CLEAN UP, SORTING OF MATERIALS FOR DONATION AND RECYCLING, ARRIVE ON TIME AND DO OUR JOB EFFICIENTLY SO OUR CUSTOMERS DO NOT WASTE TIME OR EXPERIENCE ANXIETY WAITING FOR US AND, ULTIMATELY, WE PROVIDE FOR A HIGHLY SATISFACTORY CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE. OF COURSE WE HAVE, RELATIVE TO OUR COMPETITORS, A HIGHER COST OF RUNNING THE BUSINESS AS WE CARRY MORE THAN ADEQUATE INSURANCE, PAY WORKERS COMPENSATION, AND MAKE SURE WE HAVE ALL THE RESOURCES IN PLACE TO SATISFY ALL OUR CUSTOMERS JUNK REMOVAL NEEDS ON TIME AND PROFESSIONALLY. BUT I HOPE YOU DID HAVE A SATISFACTORY EXPERIENCE WITH WHOM YOU ULTIMATELY CHOOSE TO DO THE JOB AND THAT WE DO COME TO MIND THE NEXT TIME YOU NEED JUNK REMOVAL SERVICES. THANKS AGAIN FOR TAKING THE TIME TO PROVIDE YOUR OPINION ON OUR SERVICES. JOHN NAKAMA 1-800-GOT-JUNK? FRANCHISE PARTNER

10/19/2006

BARBARA N.

The whole thing went well. Philip arrived promptly after I phoned 1-800-Got-Junk. He looked the mess over and made an estimate. I accepted his estimate, and he immediately set to work. I have not seen such a hard working fellow since I lived on the farm in Nebraska. He carried stuff down the 12 or 13 front steps and came racing back up to get more. I phoned 1-800-Got-Junk to give him a compliment. A woman answered (no voice mail.) She took down the compliment and then I asked if they could send Philip some help. She said she was sure they could. And they did; help arrived promptly. Even the Manager came along to see things. Okay, so everything got put into their trucks; even the many bricks in the back yard. They charge by volume, so the cost was a little bit higher than the estimate, but not that much. And my junk was all gone! I had arranged for another company to come the Saturday before (at a lower cost) but they never showed up and would not/did not return my many calls.

Description of Work
Removing a whole lot of junk from my front and my back yards, taking it to their trucks and hauling it away.

Category hauling services

DEAR MEMBER, I MUST APOLOGIZE FOR NOT RESPONDING TO YOUR VERY KIND REVIEW OF OUR SERVICES IN A TIMELIER MANNER. AS WE TRY HARD TO PROVIDE FOR A HIGHLY SATISFACTORY EXPERIENCE FOR OUR CLIENTS, WE SHOULD BE MORE DILIGENT IN RESPONDING TO FEEDBACK THAT ILLUSTRATES THAT WHAT WE ARE DOING IS ON THE RIGHT TRACK. WE USE COMMENTS SUCH AS YOURS TO LET THE GUYS KNOW THAT ALL THEIR EXTRA EFFORT TO CREATE A SUPERIOR SERVICE COMPANY IS BEING POSITIVELY RECEIVED BY OUR CLIENTS. PHILLIP IS A HARD WORKING INDIVIDUAL AND IS AN EXAMPLE OF THE LEVEL OF SERVICE WE ARE ALL COMMITTED TO PROVIDE FOR OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS. IT’S OUR GOAL TO RECRUIT AND NURTURE ALL OUR MEMBERS SO THAT THEY ARE ABLE TO DO EXACTLY WHAT PHILLIP DID FOR YOU BACK IN OCTOBER. IT NOT EASY TO FIND THE RIGHT PEOPLE BUT WE ARE ABLE TO DO SO AND ALSO PROVIDE THEM WITH ALL THE RIGHT “TOOLS” AND SUPPORT TO DO THEIR BEST IN SATISFYING OUR CLIENTS. ONE ELEMENT OF THAT SUPPORT IS THE POSITIVE REVIEWS SUCH AS YOURS; THE GUYS ARE REALLY PROUD AND APPRECIATIVE OF SUCH REINFORCEMENT. THANK YOU FOR THAT. WE HOPE THAT WE MAY BE ABLE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH OUR SERVICES AGAIN IN THE NEAR FUTURE. JOHN NAKAMA 1-800-GOT-JUNK? FRANCHISE PARTNER

08/07/2006

BETTY M.

They were extremely helpful and considerate. They were exactly on time and if they are going to be late they call. It seems all you have to do is point to what you want them to haul off and they do.

Description of Work
They hauled away some of my junk.

07/21/2006

SUSAN H.

Nothing says more about the integrity of a business than when the person *can't* get the job done right away. I asked whether they could remove and dispose an old diving board. John and his crew tried once during the main job, then they came back a second and a third time before they successfully cut the board off its bolts and hauled it away. This was all done without any extra charge.

Description of Work
John and his crew moved boxes, books and more from a guest house into my garage. They also hauled away old toys, cardboard boxes, bags of clothes and more. I was assured that what could be recycled or donated would be. And, anything toxic (I had an old computer) would be separated and disposed of properly.

12/02/2005

CAROLINA S.

THE GUYS WERE VERY HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY. THE YOUNG MAN ON THE PHONE WHEN I CALLED TO SCHEDULE THE JOB WAS VERY AMIABLE AND HE EXPLAINED THE PRICES VERY WELL. THE YOUNG MEN THAT CAME TO PICK UP THE COUCH WERE VERY FRIENDLY, HELPFUL AND REALLY CLEAN. THEY WERE ON-TIME, VERY EFFICIENT AND THE WHOLE SERVICE WAS VERY PLEASANT.

Description of Work
THEY REMOVED A COUCH FROM MY GARAGE.

11/24/2005

JERRY Q.

I CALLED TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT AND THEY SHOWED UP 30 MINUTES AFTERWARD! THEY WERE ON TIME AND COURTEOUS, FRIENDLY AND DID THE JOB QUICKLY. THEY SWEPT AFTERWARDS AND I EVEN GOT A ''THANK YOU'' CARD A FEW DAYS AFTER.

Description of Work
THE HAULED AWAY OLD FIREWOOD, ABOUT 300 BRICKS, CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS, A SOFA BED, AND A TWO FILE CABINETS.

10/24/2005

HAE KYOUNG C.

I FIRST HEARD OF THEM THROUGH DR. PHIL. HE STATES THAT GETTING RID OF JUNK FROM YOUR LIFE IS A CATHARSIS, AND I FOUND THAT TO BE SO TRUE! BUT GETTING BACK TO THE ACTUAL JOB. THEY WERE VERY FRIENDLY DURING MY INITIAL CALL TO THEM. THIS THEME CONTINUED ON TO THE PERFORMANCE OF THE JOB. NOT ONLY DID THEY CAME ON TIME, THEY EVEN WENT TO THE TROUBLE OF CALLING ME 30 MINUTES BEFORE MY APPOINTMENT TO INFORM ME THAT I COULD EXPECT THEM TO BE ON TIME. THE TWO NICE MEN WERE UNIFORMED, AND THOROUGHLY PROFESSIONAL, AND CAME IN A NICE NEW TRUCK. THEY WERE FAST, FRIENDLY, AND DID A VERY GOOD JOB. I WAS A LITTLE WEARY ABOUT THEM COMING IN A BEAT UP TRUCK, AND LOOKING FILTHY. BUT THESE GUYS WERE THE THE EXACT OPPOSITE! I FEEL SO ELATED ABOUT THE FACT THAT I CAN NOW PARK MY CAR IN THE GARAGE. DR. PHIL WAS RIGHT, THAT JUNK WAS CONTROLLING ME, AND TO GET RID OF IT, AND TO HAVE THAT SPACE BACK HAS BEEN THERAPEUTIC. I RECOMMEND THIS WONDERFUL SERVICE TO EVERYONE THAT HAS JUNK LYING ABOUT.

Description of Work
THEY CLEARED OUT MY GARAGE OF OLD FURNITURE, BOOKS, MAGAZINES, AND CLOTHES. ONCE THEY TRANSFERRED THE ITEMS TO THEIR TRUCK, THEY CLEANED UP, AND EVEN HOSED OFF THE GARAGE FLOOR! NOW I CAN PARK MY CAR IN THE GARAGE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OVER 10 YEARS! I UNDERSTAND THAT THEY RECYCLE MUCH OF WHAT THEY PICK UP, WHICH WAS NICE TO KNOW AS I TRY TO BE ECOLOGICALLY MINDED.

Category hauling services, home & garage organization