Jon R Crase Construction

Founded 1979 • With Angi since February 2005

4.3

164 Gilman Ave

Campbell, CA 95008

Company has been in business since 1978 when Jon Crase started remodeling after stepping away from college. Jon Initially worked in the feild by himself until he felt the need to hire help, now some those same people have been with Jon for over 26 years. The company still does a lot of remodeling and also added restoration work back in 1980 where he is able to take a burned down home and turn it into something new and exciting for such a tragedy. Many restorations turn into a time to make changes and turn families back around to look forward to returning to their new home. It has certainly been a great business over the past 32 years now and what really is exciting these days is that we are now making new homes for our customer's children that are now old enough to own their own....

03/24/2021

Eugene F.

The service was excellent. This was the 3rd time that we use their service, and they were fantastic. They would be the first ones to call if I had renovation work.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel.

Category home remodeling

03/24/2021

paula T.

They were fabulous. I wouldn't use anybody but them. They were amazing. He has this sense of what works and what didn't work. He has visual ideas like a backsplash. He was super creative and great. I've been using their service for 10 years now. The price was very well.

Description of Work
Remodel kitchen and bathroom.

Category home remodeling

03/20/2021

Tanner ..

The service was very good. I was very pleased with their service that's why I keep using them.

Description of Work
Remodel the office and home.

05/22/2017

Wayne P.

Did not ever get quote back from CRASE Construction.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling

04/15/2016

Dan N.

Description of Work
"In my Job I hear about contractors and generally how much trouble they are being over budges and behind schedule. | |This firm did neither, was friendly, in communication, knew what I needed and produced it on time, every time."

04/10/2015

CARLOTA A.

Description of Work
Jon Crase and his crew took care of remodeling/repairing our two bathrooms, vanity room, master bedroom, hallways/foyer and family room after our main pipe leaked underground in July 2014. The very first meeting with Jon Crase gave us the peace of mind that was very much needed during that very difficult time. Our experience with Jon, John Conti and their crew was wonderful. We would never hesitate to have them take care of future projects in our home and would highly recommend them to family and friends. They are just so excellent to work with!!!

07/28/2014

David M.

Description of Work
They were recommended by our insurance company. There was a lack of attention to detail which resulted in repeated requirements for clarification. It seemed like every question took a week or more to get a response which was often incomplete. | |They did get us though the early stage of restoration planning including providing the documentation needed by the insurance company to accept the carpet as a total loss.

12/19/2013

Bert P.

I chose them because they are on Angie's List and there were a number of people that our insurance has recommended. It was all done well. They had somebody in charge who keeps in track of everything and he was good. It took a long time. They were very professional. I trusted all of them. It was a good experience.

Description of Work
I used Jon R. Crase Construction to replace a floor, replace a bathroom, drywall, taking out the asbestos on the wall, putting in a new tile in the bathroom, putting in a new floor in the closet. They organized the repair of the hardwood floor. They also took the carpet out.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, home remodeling, asbestos removal

08/28/2013

Joyce R.

They aren't done yet. It's a little bit complicated, I am restructuring a couple of apartments, taking a bedroom away from one and adding it to another and I actually started a few months ago. Then I postponed it and we went into some snags. Actually I got a reference from California Apartment Association, there is a woman there and I have gotten to know her, she said I got somebody and she recommended this company. I went with them on her recommendation. They were a little bit slow in getting the proposal back to me, but part of that may have been the fact that I wasn't sure about some things. I was dealing with a hostile situation, the tenants didn't want it done. That was a little sticky. I wanted to give them a little bit more notice. They said fine, they went along with everything I asked.

Description of Work
Jon R. Crase Construction are doing a major job for me on a couple apartments. They are still working but have given me a quote.

01/28/2013

Alan B.

That is all they did but I thought their appraisal was done very professionally. The sketching they did along with their measurements seemed extremely professional.

Description of Work
My insurance company sent Jon R Crase Construction in for an appraisal to rebuild a utility closet.

02/08/2012

Merlin D.

Their price was reasonable. I would definitely recommend them to other family members and friends. If I need to, I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used the services of Jon R Crase Construction Inc 1 year ago.

04/10/2011

paula T.

We had Crase Construction redo 2 bathrooms for us and could not be happier - the project came in on budget and on time, and I felt that I was apprised of every change-order, modification and "issue" that came up. When the team discovered that we had an issue with termites Jon helped me determine the most cost-effective and productive way to deal with it - I felt that everyone from our project manager, Steve, down to the workers that were in my home were informative, polite and friendly. Finally, I have to admit that I really wasn't 100% sure of what I wanted with respect to paint etc: Crase Construction helped me make decisions, brought by several shades of paint and put them on the walls for me to decide my preference and even returned and replaced towel bars I decided I didn't like. I could not be happier with my project, and when I move on to the next update in my home I won't even going out for bid - I know I could not get better serive, quality of work or price anywhere else.

Description of Work
Extensive remodeling of two bathrooms

08/13/2010

CAROLYN S.

All of my projects with Jon have gone very well. From start to finish, Jon's personal attention to detail, his architectural and designer's eye and his knowledge of his trade is simply outstanding. The projects have been proposed, Jon has given valuable advice based on his expertise and a proposal was submitted. The appropriate preparations were in place, the work began. There was much interaction and active communication as the job progressed. Sometimes sub-contractors were involved. There was always follow through with the subs because Jon and his project manager stayed on top of the job until it was completed. Jon Crase Construction will be there for you before, during and after the project is completed. Once you are Jon's client, he makes certain that all of your construction needs will be taken care of with expertise and care. You can count on this owner and on his company, staff and subcontractors.

Description of Work
I have worked with Crase Construction for over 32 years on all phases and facets of remodeling projects. There is no one else with whom I would do business for both my home and office needs. Jon has done remodeling projects of many kinds over this time period involving all aspects of the construction trade, including sub-contracting when appropriate. Communication, service, follow through and high quality of craftsmanship are his company's trademarks. I am at ease with Jon and with his crews as they are all individuals with high standards. When you work with Crase Construction you become part of the family business.

Category drywall, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters

10/26/2007

SUSAN D.

Overall is was just OK. There were a lot of things done that I didn't get options for. Damage was done to one bathroom wall - so they put on a texture that didn't match the other walls forcing me to have the rest of the bathroom walls done at my expense. The painting was OK but not satisfactory. The trim in the bathroom was never finished and the unfinished trim had paint on it that wasn't cleaned up. The bathroom vanity was installed crooked even though the first time they replaced it it was straight. They said the drawers wouldn't open if put in straight even though they did before. The shower pan was installed crooked, they said they would fix that and you'd never be able to tell. They didn't and now I look at it everyday. Overall it looks like beginners did the job and the project manager did not address the items on my list unless they were an easy fix for him.

Description of Work
Replaced the floor in my water heater closet, remodeled my bathroom, and painted several rooms in the house.

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, interior painters

I WOULD LIKE TO START OFF WITH I CERTAINLY DID NOT EXPECT A LETTER LIKE THIS AFTER THE ASSISTANCE THAT THE HOMEOWNER WAS GIVEN. THIS WAS AN INSURANCE LOSS THAT WE WERE CALLED OUT TO FOR A WATER HEATER THAT HAD FALLEN THROUGH THE FLOOR OF HER MODULAR HOME. THE INSURANCE PAID FOR MUCH MORE THAN THEY SHOULD HAVE, AND I SUGGESTED MANY CHANGES FOR HER TO BENEFIT FROM THE LOSS. WE DID NOT REPLACE THE LAUNDRY ROOM FLOOR THAT SHE HAD DONE BY A NON-LICENSED COMPANY. INSTEAD, WE UPGRADED HER MASTER BATHROOM AND OTHER AREAS OF HER HOME. 1) THERE WAS NO DAMAGE TO THE BATHROOM WALL FROM THE LOSS; THE PANELING WAS REMOVED BECAUSE OF THE NEW SHOWER AND SEAT THAT REPLACED A BATHTUB THAT SHE NEVER USED. THE ORIGINAL SHOWER AREA WAS USED FOR A NEW CLOSET THAT SHE NEEDED. THE BATHROOM WALLS WERE FLOATED BECAUSE SHE WANTED THE PANELING TRIM REMOVED. 2) THE BATHROOM VANITY WAS INSTALLED TO THE EXISTING WALLS (NOT SQUARE TO THE FLOOR THAT SHE HAD DONE BY OTHERS). WE SHIFTED THE VANITY TO HER LIKING, ALTHOUGH NOT CORRECT DUE TO OUT OF SQUARE FLOOR. 3) THE SHOWER PAN IS NOT PERFECT BECAUSE THE MODULAR HOME IS NOT LEVEL; IT IS OUT 3/16 OF AN INCH IN ONE CORNER. THE OWNER TRIED TO TELL ME THAT IT HELD WATER WHEN SHE SHOWERED. I TESTED THE SHOWER WHILE SHE WAS STANDING THERE; IT NEVER EXCEEDED 1/4 OF AN INCH. WE ARE NOT BEGINNERS - (30) YEARS TO BE EXACT. MY STAFF WORKS VERY HARD AT PLEASING OUR CUSTOMERS. I WOULD NOT BE AS SUCCESSFUL AS WE ARE IF WE TREATED CUSTOMERS LIKE THE MEMBER SAYS WE DO.

08/07/2007

SCOTT T.

The original total was >$50K. As we proceeded, we cut back on a lot of work, but also added others that made more sense. Work that was done was, in general, good; Crase had skilled subcontractors working on the project. The major problem was in the end, Crase piled on some ridiculous charges and essentially lied about the work done in order to get more $. For example, instead of replacing all the kitchen cabinets with new, I asked that only 8 of the cabinet doors be taken out to be sanded and refinished. Instead of the much smaller charge for refinishing 8 doors, Crase charged me for buying and putting in brand new cabinets, as in the original estimate. Another example was the texturing of dry walls. Crase charged for texturing all the walls and ceilings, when in reality only maybe 1/3 of the surface was textured. There was some funny math in calculating overhead and profit. In the end, the discrepancy added up to >$10K. Contractors are known to pad numbers, but that is still shocking.

Description of Work
Crase was general contractor on a major house improvement project. It included patching up walls and ceilings from water damage, new kitchen cabinets, painting the entire house, new baseboards throughout, some new ceiling lights, some tiling work, fixing a damaged door, and miscellaneous other work.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, cabinet refacing

I GUESS THERE ARE REALLY TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY, AND ANGIE'S LIST IS WHERE YOU CAN POST YOUR SIDE OF THE STORY. IT REALLY FRUSTRATES ME TO HAVE TO DEFEND MYSELF AND MY COMPANY OF (30) YEARS. PEOPLE LIKE THIS MEMBER ARE NEVER HAPPY AND NEVER GET THE THINGS THEY WANT FOR THE PRICE THEY WANT TO PAY. THIS IS VERY EVIDENT, AND BECAUSE OF ANGIE'S LIST YOU CAN SEE HIS COMPLAINTS ARE THE SAME FOR EVERYONE. 1) HE FOUGHT THE INSURANCE COMPANY FOR NEW CABINETS KNOWING THAT I COULD REPAIR THEM. WE REPAIRED AND THE MEMBER COLLECTED THOUSANDS. 2) INSURANCE PAID FOR LESS THAN OUR ESTIMATE. WE TOLD THE MEMBER WE WOULD MAKE IT LOOK RIGHT WITH A DISCOUNT. AGAIN, HE BENEFITED. 3) COST WAS LOWER THAT THE ORIGINAL EST. AND WE ARE STILL NOT PAID ALMOST 10 THOUSAND DOLLARS! 4) HOW DOES THE VALUE OF THE WORK COMPARE TO THE PRICE? HE RECEIVED A HIGH QUALITY OF WORK AT A DISCOUNT! 5) HOW FAR IN ADVANCE BEFORE THE WORK COULD START? THE MEMBER BATTLED WITH THE INSURANCE TO GET WHAT HE WANTED AND THEN CONTRACTED WITH US. THIS WENT ON FOR ALMOST A YEAR WHILE THEY PAID HIS EXPENSES. BEING DISHONEST IS THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY. HAVING YOUR INSURANCE PAY FOR WHAT IS NOT ACCURATE, STAND YOUR GROUND FOR MONTHS SO THAT IT WILL BE CHEAPER IF THEY PAY YOU. THEN, ONCE YOU HAVE GOTTEN YOUR WAY WITH THEM, WORK ON YOUR CONTRACTOR THAT HAS BATTLED ON YOUR BEHALF. THE MEMBER MANIPULATED EVERYONE AND GOT HIS WAY WITH ALL, EVEN WITH HIS FINAL PAYMENT THAT HE IS DISPUTING.

02/15/2005

MARK S.

VERY PROFESSIONAL. WORK DONE IN A TIMELY MANNER. THE WALLS LOOK LIKE NEW AGAIN.

Description of Work
REPAIRED ROOF LEAK AND RESULTING WATER DAMAGE TO INTERIOR CEILING AND FLOOR.

Gruber Painting

When you are looking for the best professional painter for your home or commercial projects, Gruber Painting is your quality contractor of choice. With over 10 years experience, our painting craftsmanship shows in our quality work. From small painting projects to full interior and exterior painting, Gruber Painting brings your "dream" home or office to reality for you. Call Gruber Painting for your free estimate today.

Offers by Gruber Painting on Angi
    Ace Painting Co

Established in 1985, Ace Painting Co. has been providing customers with beautiful lasting paint jobs for commercial, industrial and residential properties. We have withstood the test of time by growing year after year though satisfied customer referrals. Ace Painting Co. is a fully licensed in accordance with Contractors State License Board (CSLB) regulations. Bonded and insured full-service contractor. Our California General Contractor License Number is 693381. We are also certified by the EPA (environmental protection agency) on lead safety for Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP Rule). This rule addresses activities that disturb lead-based paint in target housing and child-occupied facilities. It requires: Renovators to be certified through training Firms to be certified Training providers to be accredited Lead-safe practices during renovation Pre-renovation education in housing *This ruling will take effect on April 22, 2010, firms working in pre-1978 homes and child-occupied facilities must be certified and use lead-safe work practices during renovation.

CertaPro Painters of Silicon Valley - Palo Alto

We're your locally owned and operated, full-service painting contractors. Residential or commercial, interior or exterior - we're committed to providing the highest quality work, best value and most professional painting services in Santa Clara County. Here's what you can expect when you contact us about your painting project: - a detailed, fixed-price written proposal - highly professional production manager & painting crews - organized, uncluttered work areas - regular progress updates - high quality work and lasting results We pride ourselves on our customer service and the quality of our work. We will show up on time, leave the work area clean and tidy every day and keep you informed on our progress. Our goal is to provide you with a trouble free painting experience and lasting results. Serving Palo Alto, San Jose, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, Mountain View, Los Altos, East Palo Alto, Stanford, Los Altos Hills and surrounding areas. Fully licensed, bonded and insured. EPA lead-safe certified. BBB Accredited.

Remodeling & Fire Restoration.