Clark's Hardwood Floors

Founded 1985 • With Angi since January 2005

Clark's Hardwood Floors is a Family owned and operated business. We have been installing and refinishing hardwood floors to residential and commercial customers since 1985. We enter our 31st year with an unequaled selection of native and exotic wood species to choose from. Our newly updated

hardwood floors (252)flooring (85)woodworking (18)floor cleaning (12)carpet installation (4)

05/18/2022

Joy S.

Clark's was professional, knowledgeable and efficient from beginning to end including my first phone inquiry, the bidding/estimate process, scheduling, the work and the wrap up. Every room in my house was refinished or new woods laid. Two teams came in to do my work - first the team that removed and hauled away the old carpet/pad, prepped the floor and laid the new woods, and the second team sanded, prepped and sealed the floors and installed new baseboard/quarter rounds. Every single person I interacted with was customer service oriented, knowledgeable about their aspect of the work, courteous and willing to answer many questions. They all maintained a very clean work site and cleaned up entirely at the end of everyday. There was minimal dust and they took great care to cover all artwork or other household items I could not remove. Clark's provided outstanding, quality work at every step and I would hire them again for all my hardwood floor needs.

Description of Work
The hardwood floors in my home were sanded and refinished and new hardwood floors were installed in the master bedroom & closet.

Category hardwood floor, woodworking

Work Completed On 05/18/2022

11/11/2020

M L.

$4k over two similar competitors and had to ask for quote 3x.

Description of Work
Install wood flooring

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 11/11/2020

We would have been more than willing to go over the quote with you, answer any questions you may have had. Clark's Hardwood Floors pricing is comparable to other companies in our industry that are licensed, bonded and employees have been with them for 25plus years. Thank You

07/16/2020

Jeffrey P.

Clark's bid was competitive with others I had received. Working with their salesperson was easy as we were going through the contract and asking for changes before signing. The crew that did the job did excellent work. They were very professional. They removed carpet and tack strips from three rooms, repaired or replaced several wood pieced, minimized dust from the hardwood sanding process, and cleaned up the worksite daily. The job took a day longer than anticipated, but the result was three rooms with excellent-looking floors.

Description of Work
Carpet removal and refinishing of underneath hardwood flooring

Work Completed On 07/03/2020

12/03/2019

Pramod K.

Quote was competitive and they did an excellent job with keeping us updated on the process. The crew installing the floors were very friendly and answered all our questions very patiently.

Description of Work
New hardwood floors

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

11/15/2019

Terez G.

They did a great job. On time, on schedule, in budget. Guys were great to work with, office staff was responsive. They accommodated my schedule. Very pleased overall.

Description of Work
I had new hardwood floors installed in my living room and dining room, and then had them also refinish my existing hardwood in the kitchen, family, breakfast nook, laundry room and bathroom.

Work Completed On 11/14/2019

11/08/2019

Gary L.

Every one at Clark's was very friendly and professional at all times. Joe and Nancy were are primary contacts and they were available whenever we called. The work was started on time and finished on time as agreed. We could not be happier with the work and the look of them was even better than we expected. Thank you Clark's Clark's was very accommodating. We had to the change the installation date a couple of times and they didn't have a problem with that at all. We would hire them

Description of Work
New hardwood floors installed throughout the house.

Work Completed On 09/27/2019

09/25/2019

Daryl K.

Very nice result. I agree with previous reviews of installers' high skill and craftsmanship. Started Monday, finished Friday. Baseboards came same day as flooring, giving me time to stain and topcoat, as well as their organ dolly, so I could move our heavy saloon piano.

Description of Work
remove carpet, install pre-finished flooring in living room, family room, 15 stairs, landing, short hallway

Work Completed On 09/13/2019

07/23/2019

Loida K.

the project went extremely well and was finished on time or a bit sooner. the floors look beautiful, the lead installer was a true craftsman!

Description of Work
hardwood and tile floors removed and replace with new hardwood floors throughout.

Work Completed On 07/23/2019

07/02/2019

Kevin F.

Clark's did a great job. The guys were all on time. Thorough, diligent and excellent quality work. They matched the stain to the existing flooring perfectly. I recommend them!

Description of Work
Put hardwood flooring through out the bedrooms and hallway

Work Completed On 07/02/2019

06/30/2019

David H.

The overall experience was handled professionally with an excellent outcome. Due to the age of the floors there was damage to some of the original boards and step nosing that Clark's replace prior to sanding and finishing. The result was a floor where you can't tell the difference between original and the replacement items. The crew that did the work was also extremely professional. They arrived on time, kept the job site clean during the day and before leaving each night and finished on-time with no surprises.

Description of Work
Living & Dining Rooms floor needed to be restored after the carpets were removed.

Work Completed On 06/12/2019

06/13/2019

Jane H.

Everything looks brand new. Great job done by Jaime and Jayden. They were on time, they explained exactly what they were going to do and the clean up was superb. I have told many people about Clark's service and I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
All floors buffed and refinished. Carpet on stairs removed and hardwood underneath refinished.

Category hardwood floor, floor cleaning

Work Completed On 05/27/2019

05/15/2019

D W M.

Excellent, looks great! They were very thorough and covered key areas with plastic to reduce the dust. Very prompt every day and cleaned up every day, great crew!

Description of Work
Refinish a kitchen, family room and dining room with coats of sealant

Work Completed On 05/15/2019

05/03/2019

Evie O.

My hardwood floors are 35 years old, in bad shape. The previous refinishing was terrible! I had to leave the house for a week. The fumes from the polyurethane lasted for weeks.The adjacent carpet with the stain which required me to replace the carpet. Clarks did a fantastic job! With the new dust free sanding I did not have weeks of dusting ahead! With little fumes from the stain I could stay in my house within hours of each stage. Very clean. The finished job left my floors looking better than when they were brand new! I would highly recommend Clarks.

Description of Work
Refinishing my hardwood floors

Work Completed On 05/03/2019

04/17/2019

Irina P.

I would like to express my opinion for the recent job Clarks’s hardwood floor guys did in my house. After estimator came to give quotes for the job on time and very professional, they sent us a written estimate by email with all details what would be done. We call them up and schedule an appointment for the job. The worker came on time, started the job very polite, accurate and did not waist the time. They been very understanding in regards of our schedule adjustment, follow through with it.After job was done, my floors look like new, it was restored great! We are very satisfied with the job and recommend future customers to select this company.

Description of Work
restoration of hardwood floors

Work Completed On 04/02/2019

04/10/2019

Reid B.

Nobody does it better than Clarks Hardwood Floors. Our second time using Clarks and would use again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Installation of new hardwood, repair/replacement of existing damaged hardwood, stain and refinishing.

Work Completed On 04/05/2019

03/29/2019

Jack C.

The end results justified an otherwise challenging endeavor. We moved out twice during the process as it would have been difficult to stay. Dealing with the people from Clark's was a pleasure. We kept changing what we wanted to have done and they were always accommodating and professional in every way. The guys that did the actual installation were great and paid careful attention to details as evidenced by the final results. As suggested above, we love our new floors. It was like moving into a new home.

Description of Work
Refinished kitchen floor and installed new hardwood in family room, entry area and downstairs room.

Work Completed On 03/16/2019

03/24/2019

Marian G.

We could not be happier with the work performed by Clarks! Everyone with whom we worked was friendly, professional and accommodating. Nancy, our contact person in the office, was always helpful and responsive when ever we had a question or request. When the wrong materials were inadvertently delivered (laminate instead of the maple hardwood we ordered), Clarks immediately notified us and they were able to find and deliver the correct materials within one day. They were able to exactly match our existing floors with the new hardwood floors they installed. They then sanded and finished all the floors for a completely seamless and professional look. We would not hesitate to recommend Clark's Hardwood Floors.

Description of Work
installation of hardwood floors in 5 rooms and refinishing existing hardwood floors in kitchen, dining room and hallway.

Work Completed On 03/23/2019

03/13/2019

Cherryll S.

Very well. They contacted me to set up delivery date for hardwood materials to give it time to acclimate. On time. Two weeks later a crew came and took out the old carpet and prepped underlayment. Installed flooring. Next crew came in and prepped and masked off the entire area, and over the week, stripped old flooring, sanded with dustless sander, stained and varnished flooring. They were immensely helpful in getting the stain color perfect. The team was professional, All along I knew what to expect, they came and went as promised and did great work. Definitely worth their excellent reputation for the work they do. May not be the lowest price, but clearly worth what we paid!

Description of Work
Remove old carpet and install hardwood in living and dining rooms, and strip, stain and refinish family room floors all to match.

Work Completed On 03/08/2019

03/03/2019

Isobel F.

Clark's Hardwood Floors did an excellent job refinishing our hardwood floors.

Description of Work
Refinishing hardwood floor

Work Completed On 02/11/2019

02/08/2019

Bert G.

For such a large job... I never knew they were ever there. Clean, dust free and it looks amazing!!

Description of Work
Wood floor sanding/refinish

Work Completed On 01/28/2019

01/22/2019

Paula C.

It went as expected with Clark's. They understood the job and executed it perfectly. It took three visits, each time they arrived on time, the estimate of how long it would take each visit was accurate, and the work to be done clear and completed. I have used Clark's for all my hardwood floor needs since the early 90's. The are fair, reliable, and easy to work with.

Description of Work
I extended my existing hardwood floor in the dining room. The old and new wood and finish needed to blend.

Work Completed On 01/10/2019

01/12/2019

KATIE A.

The crew pulled out old carpet and hardwood and replaced it with new hardwood. This included a stairway. The crew did a high quality job. When we found a couple problems, which may or may not have been due to their work, they corrected them quickly and without any hassle -- very responsive. They were punctual and communicated well. One lesson we learned was to take care in selecting the new type of wood. After placing the order, we realized that the new wood would clash with some existing window trim. If Clark's also did window replacement, we'd use them for that too. I guess that will be our next project. :-) We didn't shop around for the best price, so I don't know how they compare to others in that regard. We'll use Clark's if and when we have more hardwood flooring needs.

Description of Work
Install 1350 sq ft of maple hardwood floor throughout much of the house

Work Completed On 11/19/2018