North Air

Founded 1994 • With Angi since June 2010

150 S Glenoaks Blvd Ste 203

Burbank, CA 91501

We're a family owned/operated business and we've been in the Air-Conditioning/Heating business since 1994. - For West Hollywood members call 323-468-2850 -...

09/01/2021

David C.

Vigen and his crew showed up on time , got right to work removing the old system which was completely hauled away in just over two hours . They ran new refrigerant lines in the attic on one of the hottest days of the year, then installed a new Trane high efficiency heat pump system and Trane thermostat. I thought the job would take two days but by 5 p.m. the work was done and we had cool air. Vigen performed the contracted work professionally and without any problems and we are very happy with the new system.

Description of Work
Replace an old unreliable air conditioner.

08/28/2017

Kathy O.

Vigen came within 3 hours of my call. He repaired my broken air conditioner before noon on a day where a heat advisory had been issued. Luckily he had the needed parts with him. He was prompt, professional and his service fees reasonable. I will definitely call him again.

Description of Work
Air Conditioner Repair

06/29/2016

BARBARA W.

my wife & i awoke this morning to find no ac upstairs in our house. as we were looking forward to yet another 90+ degree san fernando valley summer day, i desperately tried to find someone to come by and look at the unit. north air was the only vendor available today...so i made an appointment (plus, i liked that they were a local burbank business). vigen was scheduled to come between 2p & 4p...but he called just after noon and asked if he could come earlier (yes!). after arrioving he checked out the unit and determined the problem was one of two things: a broken condenser or a broken motor. he quoted me a price for the condenser and we agreed to discuss plan b (motor) if a new condenser didn't fix the problem. after swapping out the condenser the unit immediately sprang back to life. vigen checked a couple other things to make sure everything was working properly and that was that. the whole thing probably took 20 minutes. great job. highly recommended.

Description of Work
diagnosed the problem (broken condenser). replaced part.

02/04/2016

JORDI Q.

09/02/2015

Seta P.

.....

Description of Work
...

08/30/2015

Susan P.

Our central a/c unit stopped working yesterday evening in 100 degree heat. I immediately called Vigen (at 7:10PM on a Friday btw) and he picked up and squeezed us in the next day. He came today (8/29/15) and had us up and running again in 30 minutes. The starter needed to be replaced. We are so very grateful. Vigen and his guys at North Air really know their stuff. They're punctual, courteous, fair, and do great work. Two years ago, our central a/c unit was rattling terribly on the roof. We called a few different companies for estimates and liked Vigen's the best. All of the estimates cited similar issues with the install we had done in 2009. The a/c unit was not properly attached to the house...it wasn't draining right...also there were problems with how the furnace was installed in the attic...and I don't remember any more details two years later. What I remember is that the unit was no longer rattling on the roof and suddenly the house was getting much cooler, much faster, much more quietly. We also really like the mini-split unit that North Air installed in the garage. It works great and is virtually silent. We will continue to use North Air for all our HVAC needs. It's a relief to know we have a dependable company to call when things get way to hot or way too cold....

Description of Work
8/29/15--Replaced starter on central a/c unit. Spring 2013--Installed mini-split unit in our detached office and revamped HVAC system in main house, which had not been properly installed by another company in 2009.

07/30/2015

John M.

06/30/2015

Scott L.

Showed up and replaced the condenser in our air conditioner. Unfortunately he decided to take advantage of me not being home and of my wife not being familiar with the cost of a job like this and charged her twice what it normally charged to have this done. He even claimed a simple $25 part was $250. He just took advantage of he situation plain and simple. He was at our house for about 25 minutes and charged us $400 for his service.

Description of Work
Replaced the condenser in our air conditioner.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

First off, the repair was not for a condenser as you stated. It was for a capacitor; a completely different part. Second, we told your wife up-front what the cost was, meaning she had the choice to accept or reject our proposal of her own accord. Finally, time spent on the job and the associated cost are not linearly associated.

04/15/2015

Steven F.

On Easter Sunday our furnace began making a strange noise. The next morning I called Vigen, and he came to take a look just a couple of hours later. He quickly determined the problem, gave an estimate, got the part, and came back to install it that day. We were very pleased with the speed of his service, as this was just about the coldest day of the year and our old house is quite drafty! Although things happened fast and I didn't have time to compare prices with other vendors, I did a quick check online and it seemed reasonable. Given the rapid response, we were pleased with the job and would definitely call Vigen again.

Description of Work
Vigen replaced the draft inducer on our furnace after it went bad.

03/15/2015

Dave M.

Arranged for service, contractor arrived as agreed figured out the problem and performed the work. Contractor exceeded expectations and provided great service.

Description of Work
Replace AC Motor and provided R22 coolant.

09/27/2014

YUKARI W.

Vegan came out to give us a price quote from a new HVAC system and all new ductwork. We chose North Air because they had the most competitive bid and Vegan seemed to be the most knowledgeable of all. He was very friendly and seemed like he would be easy to work with. The work was completed by Vegan and his team in a few days, they were professional and everything went as planned. This was a fairly large job and they completed on time, on budget, and I am very impressed. They were very clean and hauled away all of the old systems. I have worked with several contractors and they usually make and leave a mess, but not Vegan and his team. They were very clean and very nice. II highly recommend North Air, they gave us a great price and amazing service!

Description of Work
Complete new HVAC system and new ductwork.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

01/30/2014

TERI S.

12/02/2013

TERI S.

Installed new hvac system, repaired existing ductwork.? 3,000 sq. foot two story home took a lot.? All went very well. Vigan is a pleasure to deal with.? I would highly recommend this company.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

08/16/2013

Shelley B.

One month after the work was completed our new system quit working. Vegan came out and said his guy installed the condensation drain too close to the electrical panel of the new AC unit. We listed our house for sale two weeks ago and the buyer did their inspections on our house. The inspector showed me pictures of old asbestos ducting under our living room and bedroom that was never replaced. Vegan (the owner of North Air) has lied to our face several times now. He charged us $14,000 to replace all the heating and air equiptment along with new ducting. $14,000!!!!! I'm going to try and attach pics of the ducting he said he replaced, and never did.

Description of Work
Found this provider on Angie's list. We paid Vegan (the owner) to replace our entire heating and air system...all ducts, new compressor, etc. He explained to me that my 2,000 square foot, one story house was going to be very expensive. We agreed to the work. He supposedly replaced all the duct work, installed new equiptment.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We respectfully disagree with the claims that this customer has listed in the review. The damage that was done to the unit that caused its failure had nothing to do with the work we did, but had to do with massive amounts of sawdust from a re-flooring project the clients had done to their house prior to selling. The asbestos removal was not on the agreed upon contract and therefore, was not completed by us. Please refer to other reviews for an accurate description of company's work standards.

07/27/2013

RONALD C.

This was the second time Vigen came out. The first time was an "emergency" Our home unit kept going down and our regular guys just weren't working out. Everyone else was going to make us wait a week or two. Vigen came out the next day. While he agreed with everyone else that we need to have these units replaced, he didn't push and did what he could to get it working again. KNowck on wood, it hasn't gone out yet.

Description of Work
Our unit on our back house wasn't working properly. Vigen came out right away. Our freon needed charging and our thermostat was out of date & needed replacing. Vigen offered us a discounted price to do the entire job but we just couldn't afford to replace the thermostat right now. He was very understanding and did the rest of the job quickly & efficiently.

07/27/2013

Sumin H.

I forgot his name but the technician was on time and courteous. He proceeded to look at the unit and said, after 10 minutes, that he may be able to fix the unit. He said it's probably a bad capacitor and it would cost about $400 to change it. I discussed with my wife and we decided to go forward cause we couldn't bare spending any more time without AC. He was all done within 25 minutes. He gave me a bill but no details (time versus parts). I later found out that the part costs about $40... that means we paid about $375 for time or $750 hourly fee. That seems quite steep. At the time, he told me I am welcome to call someone else to change it but the price is high because I am great at what I do and you pay for the knowledge.... he claimed that another technician may not have found the issue and spend hours trying this or that... it seemed plausible at the time because I know nothing about AC units... but I later found out from friends that changing a bad capacitor is quite common and should usually cost around $250... so, the work was done fast, on time (thank you!) but on the very expensive side. You draw your own conclusion. PS: He did replace some bad wires too but all within 25 minutes. PPS: They did offer the angie's list discount for posting a review -- so that part is good too.

Description of Work
Change the fan capacitor and some wiring.

06/23/2013

Carolyn J.

My A/C wouldn't turn on on Saturday evening. I looked up A/C people on Angle's List, read reviews and chose North Air. I called Sunday around 10am to make an appointment and caught Vigen in the office - and he was here 45 minutes later! He communicated the problem, answered my questions where I could understand, and quoted a price. He even explained to me the ins and outs of the thermostat's relationship with the unit so I know what to expect. Perfect. He was thorough and was finished in about an hour. I got lucky to have this fixed on a Sunday, and within an hour of my call. I believe he went above and beyond my expectations, and I will definitely call him when I need help in the future.

Description of Work
Installed a new conductor and thermostat, checked the coolant.

06/18/2013

Martin V.

They were really good. They were helpful and really quick on getting back to us. We called him on a Tuesday and they came out on Saturday to get the job done. There was one hiccup with the installation. They felt that they would be able to use the hand lift, but when they figured out they wouldn't be able to use the hand lift, most instantly he went and called for a crane and we had a crane service set up the same day, so nothing slipped on the schedule. They were not the cheapest, but their service was satisfactory.

Description of Work
I have used North Air. They moved our A/C unit from the patio up onto the roof.

04/09/2013

Adam P.

Vigan came out on a Saturday to provide an estimate. We set a date for middle of the week. It took two and a half days of work to complete the job. The crew are very respectful and hard working and seem to care about their job. Vigan is a good communicator and gives progress updates along the way. He is proud of the business he has built and wants to maintain that by providing high quality work at a reasonable price. The crew finished the job on time and we are happy with the results.

Description of Work
Installed a new furnace, new AC unit on the roof, new ducting and new registers in the house.

11/14/2012

Kevin V.

Vegan is a pleasue to work with. Not only did he do an excellent job on the installation itself, but has been dilligent about following up to maintain the system, so as to assure the warrantee remains in effect. I would highly recommend him for a job.

Description of Work
Specified and installed a 5 ton HVAC system in our home.

11/21/2011

jp O.

He came, was polite and punctual. Made the repair, everthing works fine.

Description of Work
Tested my two forced air heaters.

08/26/2011

Al C.

AC went out Friday morning, no-one else could come before Monday. Vigen was here about 30 minutes after I called! Took part of my unit, and came back with the new motor already installed. I had cool air again by 2pm the same day!

Description of Work
Replaced motor, filter, charged freon.

10/22/2010

Vera B.

He is really good. He knew what he was doing, and he comes right away.

Description of Work
He repaired my air conditioner.

Vastola Electric

As a locally owned and operated business, we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule an estimate today! CL# 1006711 Additional email vastolaelectric@gmail.com

PM Electric Co

PM Handyman Co is a fully licensed and insured handyman service taking care of the great homeowners of Los Angeles County and surrounding areas. We specialize in jobs big and small. We are hardworking, and price every job fairly. Give us a call today!

Offers by PM Electric Co on Angi
    Electric Zone

Electric Zone prides itself on providing absolutely the highest quality Electrical and Lighting services in the entire Los Angeles Market. We are a family run business consisting of myself and 6 employees. We have been in business for 14 years. We offer free estimates for your electrical and lighting needs. MUST CALL FOR DETAILS.We guarantee you the absolute highest quality work at a very fair price! We offer 24 hour emergency service as well! Please call us today!

C-20- C10
    02/28/2017
    American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Check, Financing Available

Installation and repairing of air-conditioning for Residential and Commercial, heating, ducting, split systems, package units & ductless systems. Also do Residential and Commercial Electrical work. Upgrading panels, rewiring old wires to new. Lighting, plugs, switches.

Plumbing