Modern Roofing Inc

Founded 2000 • With Angi since October 2006

2325 W Victory Blvd # 13

Burbank, CA 91506

Modern Roofing was founded in 2000 by Mario Tudela, it was incorporated in 2003. Modern employs their own crews there are no subcontractors or day laborers. We maintain the highest level of industry standards to ensure complete customer satisfaction. Modern Roofing has worked diligently to provide

07/10/2017

Maureen V.

Modern Roofing did a terrific job. They had a very fair price and did a lot of extras including replacing broken spanish tiles and adding some in an area that needed it. Roof has held up great for 4 years but sadly, we had a leak this year with all the rain. We will hire them again to fix the leak. Great company!

Description of Work
Flat roof with a lot of leaks and a terrible downspout had to be completely rehauled.

09/19/2016

Edythe P.

While they were re-roofing they left some heavy equipment on top of the roof. That doesn't seem safe. During the night there was a wind storm which caused several heavy pieces to fall. I even called their 24 hour emergency service line, but no one ever came. The first time it rained, the roof leaked. They came back and replaced one of the air vents and that seemed to stop the leaking; however there was damage done. I asked them to come back and touch up the paint where the leak had caused the damage. Instead of rolling it over with white primer, they just came and spray painted the ceiling. It looks like someone tagged our ceiling. The roof has not leaked since then, but I was disappointed with that response.

Description of Work
They gave us a new roof.

07/27/2016

Sue G.

The provider came out and gave us an estimate and never followed up. He hasn't given us a complete written estimate via email. We tried to call him but his phone is disconnected. We contacted another branch, but they haven't followed up with us yet so we don't know if they've gotten a hold of him or what's going on. The estimate that he gave us was just by mouth, but we are still waiting on the written estimate.

Description of Work
I called them for an estimate on roofing.

I'm sorry this happened. Looks like your representative's name is Gamaiel. His phone number is the same, so I don't know why the line appears to be disconnected on your end. If you could provide us with your phone number, we could straighten things out on our end. Again, we're really sorry this happened.

05/03/2016

Jonathan B.

It was okay. It ended up like the typical it is this price and then once they come out they say we need this and this and the price goes up. It was cheaper than most of the bids that I had, but they had to come out a few times. The work done was fine. The pricing was good, it took them a long time to schedule, and the guys couldn't do something, and they had to come back. They did what they did, they could have just done it the first time. The pricing was fair. They came when they said they could come. I would use them again, and now that I know how they work, it would just be about the price.

02/23/2016

Allen L.

Repaired and replaced flat carport roof. Some of the beams were rotted, so they were also replaced. I had 3 skylights in the carport that they had to remove and replace. It took them about 9 hours to complete the work, and they barely finished before the sun set, but overall I am very pleased with the new roof and that they were able to come and do it in a day.

Description of Work

Category roofing, skylights, roof cleaning

Thank you so much for leaving a review! It was great working with you!

02/02/2016

Kim B.

Part of the roof work has been done, but the gutter work and gutter guard is incomplete; they also haven't finished sealing the additional part of the roof. They left roofing debris in the gutters when they put the gutter guards on, so the gutters will clog. Some of the gutter guards weren't snapped together all the way, and 54 feet of the leaf guards are missing. We have no issue paying for the extra work; we just need them to return our calls, or come out and get things finished so the city can perform an inspection.

Description of Work
They're working on our roof. They have to do some additional work for us, and replace some gutters and install gutter guards.

01/31/2016

Janet L.

We got the Angie's Big Deal -- tear down and new roof. A great price, even with the extra square footage. It took 2 months to be scheduled, which was expected because of the El Nino rush. Mike was an exceptional salesperson. No hard sell, just personable and helpful. The workers were excellent -- they knew their job and did it quietly, cheerfully and well. Left the grounds spotless. Getting the finished walk-through and final payment done took several days because I wasn't getting call-backs from the project manager, but this was the only slight annoyance. All in all a very fine, professional job. One strange thing, however: In the folder of their promo materials there was a sheet which read: "NO FELT" saying they never use felt underlayment because it is not reliable. Only synthetic will do. Mike must have let that one slip in unintentionally, because that is just what was used on our roof - 30# felt! I did not see it until after we signed the contract. I am not worried, as felt was fine for 26 years on our old roof, and we do have a 10 year warranty on the labor. But it is a bit disconcerting to see certain items "not meant" for certain customers to see! Ooops.

Description of Work
Tear down and re-roof house and garage

01/18/2016

Kayla V.

Schedule an estimate for our roof. Mike shows up 2 hours late. Didn't even call before hand to let me know he was going to be late, I had to call him after waiting for 30 minuts after scheduled time. Requested the estimate to be emailed to me so I can review the details of what we discussed. I still have not recieved the estimate. With this unprofessionalism from the get-go why would I even use this company. On to the next one.

Description of Work
n/a

We're very sorry that your experience was less than satisfactory. Mike did call your husband to tell him that he was running late, and your husband told him that it wouldn't be a problem and that he would be home all day. He did not appear to have spoken with you directly at all, but apologizes for the misunderstanding nonetheless. Please feel free to contact us directly if you would like to discuss this matter further. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback; we appreciate it!

12/20/2015

HOLLY B.

Preparing for El Nino, I got three estimates on my roof. One company said I needed a whole new roof for $8,000; one company said I needed a whole new roof for $12,000 and Modern said I needed a mastic tune-up for $780. Went with Modern. Between the time I got the estimate and the time I made an appointment for the work the company policy changed and they no longer do jobs under a certain amount. I asked them to honor my estimate even though it did not fall within their new policy, and they agreed which I thought was very decent of them. There haven't been heavy rains yet so I don't know how the work will hold up, but they seemed professional and efficient. The scheduling and office staff, however, are a nightmare. I was told I needed to call Anna in the office to schedule; I called on three separate occasions and left messages, never heard back. Finally got through and scheduled the work; Anna said she would call me to let me know what time they would be there. I waited all day and finally called and "there had been a miscommunication", the roofers were not coming that day and they were very apologetic. Rescheduled for another day and all went as scheduled. Anna was very nice once I got hold of her, but I suggest staying on top of the scheduling and double confirming everything.

Description of Work
Examined roof; patched three different areas

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm sorry there was a miscommunication with your start date. We'll work on sticking to our schedule the best we can, weather permitting, and really appreciate your feedback. Have a happy holiday and a happy new year!

10/18/2015

Elizabeth T.

I wanted them to come out and provide an estimate for a new roof. The receptionist said they only do it on weekdays through 4:30 PM of which I told her I get home from work at 7:00 thus I can only do it on the weekends. She told me they don't do weekend appts. I've gotten two other companies to come out on the weekend and I'm looking for a third estimate to select the company I'm going to hire for my re-roof. Sometimes I wonder how some companies stay in business when customer service isn't a priority.

Description of Work
Nothing

Thank you for your feedback. We're terribly sorry you've had this experience, because we do send representatives out on Saturdays for estimates. We really do apologize and aren't sure who you might have spoken with, but if you would like to schedule an estimate on a Saturday, please feel free to call us at our office and we can definitely schedule you an appointment.

09/19/2015

yanet G.

They didn't call me back after calling them several times and no call backs.

Description of Work
They didn't call me back after calling them several times and no call backs.

Thank you very much for your feedback. We're incredibly sorry you've had this experience. It's puzzling on our end because we have an answering service that answers all of our calls after hours. We're here during the typical work day answering our phones, but a few months ago we were having phone issues and we think your calls might have occurred during that time frame. Again, we're really sorry this happened and cannot apologize enough.

04/23/2015

Leslie W.

Wonderful job - on time - completed work in 2 days. Clean up good - lots of confidence in this company.

Description of Work
Install solatube in bathroom through tile roof - they installed tile roof 7 years ago.

Category skylights

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad you had a positive experience working with us and take pride in leaving a clean work site when we finish up a job. We hope to work with you again on any future roofing projects you may have!

02/02/2015

Matthew C.

Very well. Very communicative company. Easy to reach someone.

Description of Work
Re-roof apartment building

Thank you (removed member name)! We are very pleased that you feel we provided great customer service. We make this point to our staff daily and we are glad our customers are happy with us! Thank you Again.

01/28/2015

Alnita D.

The person who gave the estimate clearly explained the leaking problem, where it was located on the room, actually showed it to me (the homeowner). His verified explanation that I could see with my own eyes was actually what sold me on using this company. the person who made the repairs was punctual and completed the task in a timely manner. There have been recent recent rains, the leak did not reappear, and the the problem has apparently been solved.

Description of Work
The flat roof portion of my roof was leaking into the house. I noticed it after the rains in December.

We are very glad that you are happy with our service Mrs [removed member name]! Reviews like these really make everybody here happy and we actually celebrate these kinds of reviews with our team in special recognition meetings. Thank you again!

01/24/2015

Julie P.

Took too long to get back to me with an estimate. I hired another company.

Description of Work
Estimate

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are constantly trying to improve our turnaround time and this is something we are addressing. Thank you.

01/20/2015

Linda O.

The job was to install a new vent on the roof to increase air flow from a newly installed whole-house fan. ( A whole house fan brings in cool air from open windows and exhausts hot air out through the attic.) Canoga Heating and Air Conditioning who installed the fan, works with Modern Roofing and that is how they came to the job. It has rained a few times and the roof has not leaked. The price was negotiated between the 2 companies.

Description of Work
cut the roof and installed additional vent

We are glad we could be of help! Thank you very much for your kind review!

01/20/2015

Tracy C.

The guy was courteous and on time. My roof had been leaking but after his visit it stopped; so all good.

Description of Work
Serviced the roof and made minor repairs.

We try to do our best, and I'm glad you are a happy customer! We are very glad we could be of service. Thank you for the review.

01/19/2015

Henry O.

Scheduled an appointment for an estimate. Service representative was a no call, no show even after I followed up by leaving him a message on his cell phone and contacting the office. Very unprofessional.

Description of Work
Provider was scheduled to give estimate on re-roofing house. Representative was no call, no show.

12/10/2014

Vicki M.

The company was very responsive to my "rush" need of the rain gutter being removed to complete a painting project--they provided next day service, which was what I needed. The job was completed in steps after that. The tile worker was very careful in handling the tile. The rain gutter was installed very well. The installer was very conscientious about how to place the downspout gutter to the best esthetic advantage and took time to talk it over with me. The only wrinkle in the project was the scheduling of the gutter installation which required a telephone follow-up by me and was promptly taken care of.

Description of Work
Removed old rain gutter, removed and replaced two rows of Spanish tile with roofing paper installed under the tile, installed new rain gutter.

Thank you for this very kind and warm review. We are glad we could be of service!

12/05/2014

JOHN T.

They wanted to do an expensive repair but then they never got back to us with a proposal.

Description of Work
Checked my roof over but don't think any remedial work done for the money. They had advertised a 200 dollar tune-up.

We are addressing these delays and will improve on our turnaround time to not allow this to happen. Thank you for bring this to our attention.

12/05/2014

Erinna L.

He was great. He came in and got right up there and did exactly what he said he would do. He was on time, and in and out very quickly, without trying to upsell us on things.

Description of Work
Roof Maintenance

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are glad we could be of service. Thank you.

10/31/2014

Pamela B.

I just moved into this house. Mike came out to look at the roof and see if any repairs needed to be done. Most everything looked good. The gutters were full so he suggested that they clean them and install screens. Also, the vents needed to be resealed. The workmen were polite, on time and answered the few questions I had. The scheduling person in the office was nice, took my payment over the phone and promptly mailed me a receipt. ,

Description of Work
Cleaned gutters and installed gutter screens. Sealed and painted vents.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing

A+ Customer! Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback, we really appreciate it. If there is anything further we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to call.

10/30/2014

Karin P.

Orville, the salesman, was very friendly and professional. The crew that did the work was great; kept area clean and completed job before proposal date.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement- September 29- October 3, 2014.

It is truly nice to hear about your experience with our company. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback and hope to work with you and/or your friends on future projects. A+ Customer. Thank you!

10/09/2014

David N.

On the phone, they told me that the two times they could come out for an estimate were the next day (today) between 5-6pm, or not until 3 weeks from now. I agreed to have them come today, even though it required that I rearrange my day and cancel several meetings. I cut short an important meeting and hurried home to be there by 5pm, and then waited for 2.5 hours for them to come. I have not received any communication from them about being late or missing the appointment.

Description of Work
I called Modern Roofing, because I saw them on the Angie's List Honor Roll, to get an estimate on a couple of roofing issues I need help with.

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you had this experience with our company. However, a message was left for you when I got back to the office the next morning, since our office was closed at the time of the appointment. Please consider giving us another opportunity to make up for this and provide you with a great deal.

09/24/2014

Ricky M.

Modern roofing is a very professional company. I called modern roofing to come out and inspect my 15 year roof. When ricky came out he knocked on my door and introduce him self to me. He already knew what he was going to do. Also asked me if there has been any previous leaks but none. He went up to the roof for over 30 min came down and told me that my roof was still in good condition can still last about 4-5 years more. He showed me pics of area that had to be sealed on roof penetration and gave me a very good price with a 10% off cause I sign contract that same day and he sealed all the pipe penetration, corners on ac curbs and ac ducts the same day he took care of it. Very respectful person and professional company. So when I need to re roof my intire home now I know who to call.

Description of Work
Reveal all pipes,vents, ac corners on flat and ac ducts

Thank you for your kind Review. Reviews like these always make us proud of the hard work we put into every customer day in and day out. Thank you.

Squeegee Clean Home Detailing

We offer the highest level of detailed window cleaning (inside and out), gutter cleaning, and pressure washing. We are a family-owned company that to date has had 100% satisfied customer satisfaction. We have been in business for over 2 years and are expanding into new territories over the summer!

JIM NELSON WINDOW CLEANING

Use the professionals at Jim Nelson Window Cleaning to meet your window cleaning needs. With many years of experience, we are known for our exceptional window cleaning. We know the level of service we provide enhances the quality image of our customers. Clean windows can make a huge difference when it comes to your home, and it can be an essential element in the appearance of your business. From sunrooms, to showrooms, and skylights to storefronts, we do it all.

Offers by JIM NELSON WINDOW CLEANING on Angi
    Ion Builders Inc

ION Builders Inc. is a full service general construction family owned company with over 17 years of experience We are licensed, Bonded and Insured. Our customer base is located in the Beverly hills and the grater LA. Since we have been established, our main goal is to provide the best solution and customer service for our customers. In our company we will make sure that your dream project will fit your vision and your budget.

Offers by Ion Builders Inc on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Residential & Commercial Roofing - Re-Roofing, New Construction, Inspections, Leak Repairs, Metal Roofing, Repairs, Maintenance, Tile Roofing, Wood Shake Roofing, Copper Roofing, Gutter Installation & Cleaning, Copper Gutters, Insulation, Skylights, & Solar Powered Attic Fans.