Creative Innovation Developers Inc.

Founded 2010 • With Angi since August 2017

1812 W Burbank Boulevard Ste 1032

Burbank, CA 91506

Creative Innovation Developers is a licensed insured and bonded construction company specializes in construction and remodeling of residential and commercial services in terms of new construction, room additions, general home remodeling, kitchen and bathroom remodeling, innovative and modern design

01/05/2023

Gerald T.

We selected Creative Innovation Developers after meeting with several different design/build firms with the goal of expanding and updating our kitchen, bar area and updating a three-car garage. Our entire project entailed: • Enclosing a ~250 sq foot patio space into our kitchen and updating the entire kitchen with new cabinets, floors, tile, ceiling height, electric, etc. • Updating a 1960s pass-through bar to a walk-up bar with new plumbing, electric, cabinets, tile • Updating our garage to include creating an attic, enclosing in sheetrock, adding epoxy flooring • Changing out a double front door • Updating tile throughout the house Ben (Owner of Creative Innovation Developers) has his own team that has been with him for many years and also engages with third parties who also have a long-standing relationship with him. When you engage with Creative Innovation Developers, Ben is probably the first person you’ll meet. He’ll meet with you to understand the scope of your project, he’ll come back with an overview of your project, explain the costs and assign a project manager. But that’s not the end – Ben doesn’t pass off the project never to be seen again – he’s a constant figure in the project. Randomly stopping by to see how things are going and checking in via text or phone. We very much appreciated his attention to our project and his quickness to address any of our concerns. Our project we ran into a few hurdles (asbestos, lead, odd requests from inspectors), but Ben and team tackled each one with us – either through recommendations for specialists (asbestos, lead) or creative solutions to address inspectors’ “recommendations” (AKA demands). A few of the inspector requirements led to changes to the original contract, but Ben took the time to walk us through the impact, what would have to be done and I always felt comfortable that he had our best interest in mind as it pertained to the extra cost. We spent our first Christmas in the “new house” a few days after the team finished and our friends and family (several of whom are in the construction businesses) were uniformly impressed with the quality of work and overall outcome. We have already recommended Creative Innovation Developers to friends and family and will continue to do so!

Description of Work
Addition, Kitchen, Garage, Bar, Tile, Doorway, Electric Panel

Category home remodeling

Hi [Member Name Removed]! We'd like to greatly thank you for sharing your experience and kind words as well as your referrals! It has been an absolute pleasure working with you guys! We are extremely happy to hear that you are loving your home and couldn't be happier with the results! Thank you once again!

11/28/2022

Katherine S.

We could not have had a better experience with Creative Innovation Developers. Ben and Ozzie are amazing to work with. We contacted several contractors to get quotes for building a sunroom. Most of them didn’t even ask what we were looking to do, they just came in and started telling us about what they would want to do to our house. Ben came in and listened to what we wanted to do. Because of city requirements for an addition, we decided to remodel the house instead of adding a sunroom. Ben was great throughout that process. He explained the city’s requirements and what it would take to add the sunroom. When we pivoted and asked about remodeling the house instead, he didn’t even bat an eye. He was back a week later with new plans that were perfect. The house looks amazing!! We lived in the house during construction and while it wasn’t the most fun, all the crews were very respectful of the fact that we were still living there. They cleaned up after themselves every day and put-up plastic sheets to minimize the dust and debris spreading throughout the rest of the house. Ben and Ozzie were very attentive and considerate throughout the process. They were quick to respond to any questions and concerns we had. When we did run into problems, they were clear about what the issue was and what could be done to solve it. The project was completed on time and on budget. We were nervous about taking on such a big construction project, but Ben and Ozzie really made the whole process as easy and comfortable as possible. Ben and Ozzie have made our dreams of remodeling the house a reality and it’s so much more than we ever thought it would be. I would highly recommend CID for any home project you have in mind. They are honest, trustworthy and just simply great people.

Description of Work
Remodeled the main living space from 4 small rooms to one large open space. Also remodeled the bathroom.

Category remodeling

09/26/2022

Ashley U.

Review for Ben & Creative Innovation Developers This review is a long time coming. We recommend Ben, our project manager Ozzie, and CID to all of our friends and neighbors who ask, because everything about our experience with them was the opposite of the horror stories that we heard from our friends about general contractors. Price – Ben gave us a very detailed estimate of price for our project (which was major) at the very beginning, and stuck to it. He was super transparent about when things were due, and how much we would owe at every step. No hidden costs. Amazing. Architect – you know the old ‘my architect won’t work with a certain city’ (in our case, Glendale) thing? Or ‘my architect and GC hate each other’ thing? Didn’t happen for us, because Ben has his own architect working for him. WHAT?? Honestly this was one of the many key reasons we picked CID, and one of the reasons our project went so well. No conflict, no design miscommunications, no disagreements on what should go where. The Glendale thing – so there are a few cities in LA that are notorious for being difficult to work with…Glendale (where we live) is one of them. I don’t know how, but we were never delayed significantly by permitting or inspection issues. I think this boiled down to a couple things: Ben and Ozzie are organized and know the process really well. They can time things perfectly, and also know how to efficiently manage what is being worked on and when so that if one area is waiting for an inspection/permit, progress is still being made in another area. Quality – see pictures. We got to pick all the details of what we wanted, and got to say what we wanted in our redesign. We love our house 😊 Communication – Ben and Ozzie were always accessible and responsive. Ozzie speaks like 1,000 different languages (clearly exaggerating, but it’s a lot), which is really helpful as a PM. A couple things got lost in translation between us, Ben, Ozzie, and the folks who came to do the work, but that is to be expected with such a large project. Timing – they got started on the project right away, and were done by our deadline (when our old lease was up). The one issue we encountered was with one of the vendors…they were a bit subpar. But every other vendor we used through Ben was amazing and kind. Also, when Ben found out the subpar vendor wasn’t on top of things, he intervened and they shaped up real quick XD All in all, we highly recommend CID. Ben and Ozzie were honest, transparent, and communicative. Honestly the best tell is that we are still friends, still text them for recommendations of vendors, and will absolutely be using them for “phase 2” of work on our house, whenever that may happen!!

Description of Work
Major remodel of a 70's house - kitchen was moved/completely redone, load-bearing wall was removed, all new floors, ceilings, lights. Two bathrooms completely redesigned.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, picture framing, remodeling, replacement windows, garage builders, architect, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

08/19/2022

Andy P.

Professionalism, Punctuality, Quality, Responsiveness, Value Ben was always responsive, asked great questions, and gave me super reasonable quote. Ben and the staff arrived on time, are great to work with. Very professional, clean good work. Ben was extremely knowledgeable in the work needed and performed a comprehensive walkthrough of plan to ensure nothing was missed. You could tell he put a lot of pride in his quality work. I would highly recommend Ben and team for your construction/renovation needs!

Description of Work
Rennovation

Category remodeling, home builders, architect, mobile home remodeling

07/15/2022

Doug S.

Was punctual and honest. Have be critical information about the process and costs. Very different perspective than architect. Wish I had come to this company first!

Description of Work
Needed to price out an ADU developed by an architect

Category carpet installation, remodeling

10/23/2021

Gerald T.

We've only just begun our journey with Ben and Creation Innovation Developers, but we've been thrilled. We met several different builders and signed up with Ben during our first meeting as we felt we had a partner v. a salesperson. He's been proactive in keeping us informed in the process, he provides guidance and recommendations in terms of design and layout that we wouldn't have thought of on our own. Excited for the next steps to come!

Description of Work
Kitchen Expansion and redesign (including removing exterior wall)

10/20/2021

Joe S.

Shlomi and his team delivered high quality work on time and within the budget on each project. I hope to work with them again.

Description of Work
New roof, new ceilings, new lighting, interior and exterior painting

Category custom cabinets, picture framing, remodeling, roofing, stucco, house painters, interior painters

10/20/2021

Joe S.

Shlomi and his team performed high quality workmanship, on schedule and within the budget for each project. I look forward to working with them again.

Description of Work
Roofing, ceilings, lighting, interior and exterior painting

Category drywall, picture framing, remodeling, roofing, home builders, stucco, house painters, interior painters

09/21/2021

bert K.

The hardest part of a home renovation is putting your trust and money in a contractor you have just met. Most of us don't have ties into the industry and have to take a leap of faith. I can honestly say we could not be any more pleased than we were with Creative innovation Developers. They were referred to us through friends who had just used them for a kitchen remodel and were more than thrilled with their results. We worked with Ben who was there with us every step of the way. He kept the project moving and always had an open ear for any changes in design that we would throw at him. Communication was excellent. Ben was reachable almost anytime, and timelines and expected work flow schedules were always relayed to us, so we had a good sense of what was going to happen next. There was zero upselling. When it came to picking materials there was never pressure to pick one thing over the other. Always that we should just consider our own tastes and budget. As I worked from home through the entire remodel I met all the people coming in to do work and I can honestly say they were all great. I don't know a lot about how much these projects should cost. But speaking with a lot of friends who have remodeled, or are in the process, the cost was very fair and reasonable. Overall I have to say working with Ben, and Creative Innovation Developers was an excellent experience and EXTREMELY STRESS FREE. All caps because I think that was the best part of the process. At no point were we ever worried or uninformed about what was happening. We will definitely be using them again when we get to remodeling our bathrooms!

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, home remodeling

08/18/2021

F L.

Doing a master bed/bath addition with additional room remodeling. Ben, the owner, has been working with us one on one and has been great in explaining the entire process, developing a floor plan that works with our budget. He is detail oriented and gives us confidence the project will meet or exceed our expectations when completed. We met with several other contractor/designers before choosing Creative Innovation Developers and could not be happier.

Description of Work
Master bed/bath addition

Category custom cabinets

05/03/2021

Kristy L.

We are so happy with the work of Creative Innovation Developers. While searching for a contractor to renovate our kitchen, we met with four different companies and were impressed with Ben's honesty and ideas. We did a sizeable renovation, including a full remodel of the kitchen, dining room and bathroom. Throughout it all, Ben, Ozzie and all the workers went above and beyond. Every single person was courteous, worked hard and did an amazing job. They were reliable, honest and responded quickly to every question. Creative Innovation brought our dream kitchen to life - we highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, picture framing, hardwood floor, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

01/29/2021

Carlos P.

Looking for estimates to remodel a bathroom from tub to walk-in shower, we contacted this company. Shlomi came out for a feee estimate, he was courteous and professional. He noticed right away that our bathroom was too small for the type of remodel we were looking to do, legally. He took all the measurements to confirm his suspicion. He explained the rules for a permit remodel, which none of the other contractors we contacted mentioned. Thanks to Shlomi we most likely avoided a troublesome remodel. Highly recommend this contractor for their honesty and forthrightness. Thank you!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category remodeling

10/01/2020

Xochitl M.

Working with Creative Innovation Developers has been the best experience I have ever had with a construction company. Ben, Ozzie, and Monica are extremely professional. They answer their phones, they return phone calls and emails immediately. They are punctual. Their workers upon their arrival get to work immediately. They began breaking ground on August 4th 2020 and as of today we are waiting for the city to inspect all electrical and then they will start the final phase. They've also had two dumpster trucks come and clean my property. If I ever had to have construction done again, I would not hesitate to call Creative Innovation Developers. I will post pics upon completion

Description of Work
Converting a garage into an ADU

Category countertops, drywall, picture framing, roofing, garage builders, home builders, architect, stucco, house painters, interior painters, doors, sunrooms

02/18/2020

D J.

Where do I began! I just walked into my home which is not even completed yet, and I felt so EXCITED and compelled to share my experience that I have been having with Ben and his team from Creative Innovation Developers. It’s one thing to have a vision of the changes that we wanted to make, and another to see it on a 3D design but to actually see the guys working hard everyday and FINALLY seeing it coming together is the best and that’s the feeling I’m having today and it’s AWESOME! We hired Ben and his crew to complete a general remodeling of our home, which consisted of almost every room in the house. I had a positive feeling from the first conversation I had with his office manager Monika, she was very friendly and helpful. My situation was a little tricky as I had tenants living in my home at the time and we were living out of state. She was able to coordinate everything and schedule Ben to come out around my flight schedule with no hassle. My first meeting with Ben was great. He was very professional, knowledgeable, honest and down to earth. He showed up on time and listened to all of my crazy ideas for tearing down walls and building new ones. I had a lot of extravagant ideas that Ben eventually convinced me that it wasn’t necessary to have some of those things done in order to get the look we were going for. He asked me to trust him and I’m so glad that I did. As I mentioned, I wanted extravagant and my husband was watching the cost. I was nervous that we were going to spend money and I wouldn’t be completely happy, however Ben has been able to give me most of the things I wanted that is within my husband’s budget. He truly puts his customers first before the money. Even when there were times when we couldn’t agree or was indecisive, Ben was the same.... he was very patient and understanding. He always has an upbeat personality when we speak or see him. I have always heard horror stories about contractors but that has not been the case at all with Ben and his team. We have had unexpected things that were not apart of the project come up and they were more than willing to help us or guide us in the right direction. Ben has also been very responsive and have communicated with us throughout this process. If you are looking for a contractor, save yourself some time and hire Ben and his team, you will be so happy you did! He will give you the best options to fit your budget, you will be able to trust him and you will feel like family. I highly recommend them and would hire them again to take care of all of my home remodeling needs. I will update this post afterwards with before and after pictures once they are done.

Description of Work
General Remodeling

Category custom cabinets, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, picture framing, hardwood floor, remodeling, replacement windows, marble & granite, architect, stucco, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

02/05/2020

Vickie A.

The job was complicated as it was a 4th floor unit of a downtown condo. Demolition was extensive so removal of debris and delivery of building materials was a big job in addition to the construction. This project took exactly 6 months but this included the holiday season. The project went well. Communication with the contractor was good and the quality of the work was outstanding. There were minor issues that occur with any project and the addition of permitting and inspection timing with the city of Burbank added to the timeline but was out of everyone's hands. The finish work (drywall) was a standout on this project, and there were no issues with the completed remodel and all finishes. After completion when a couple of minor things came up, they were addressed immediately. I would recommend this contractor to anyone wanting their work to be completed correctly and permitted properly. These things add cost, but the peace of mind that comes from knowing that things are done correctly (especially in a condo building) is priceless.

Description of Work
Full remodel of downtown Burbank condominium. Scope included: new kitchen, full bath, half bath, modifications(removal and addition) of doors, installation of barn doors, extension of loft floor, flooring, drywall, paint, electrical, plumbing. There were many custom requests as well including a custom under stair area for storage and pets.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, picture framing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, architect, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

02/01/2020

Ara D.

Where do I begin? Ben, you are truly a master of your craft. You are knowledgeable, patient, respectful, honest and one of a kind. My family and I appreciate your hard work and determination in helping us visualize our project better. You are very easy to talk to and it felt like you were part of the family the whole time. I would recommend your work to anyone and I know in the end they will be 100% satisfied with your work.

Description of Work
House remodel

Category custom cabinets, drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, garage builders, architect, stucco, home remodeling, house painters

11/11/2019

Gital S.

I heard about Creative Innovation Developers from a very good friend. I recently bought a new house, my dream was a new kitchen, Creative innovation Developers made my dream come true! I gave Ben a budget and he stick to it. Ben was super professional, the customer service was AMAZING. One of the best professional company I dealt with a very long time! Always had time to answer my questions and the work was done quickly and efficiently. Me and my husband are very pleased with their work, and we will use them again for my next project. Thank you Ben!!!

Description of Work
New Kitchen

09/28/2019

Roger T.

It was a pleasure to work with Ben and Ozzie on our addition to our house. We added another room, bathroom, and extended our living room. Highly recommend talking with Ben if you have a project. Ben is responsive and professional.

Description of Work
Addition to house

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, roofing, stucco, house painters, sunrooms

09/26/2019

Val M.

Ben and the team at Creative Innovation Developers Inc. are fantastic! They have renovated our house from top to bottom in several stages. Each time the work has been great and they have come in on time and on budget. Additionally, Ben is very responsive when we need answers. He or someone on his team has been available to help out quickly. We were referred to him by friends of ours and have subsequently passed on his name to other friends who have been equally pleased with the work Ben does.

Description of Work
General Remodeling

07/31/2019

Jeinine U.

July 30, 2019 I'm updating this review to include photos and give final thoughts. These guys made a gorgeous bathroom and laundry within our existing master bedroom without having to tear down or push out any existing walls. We gave up a spacious bedroom, but gained so much more! The crew finished on time - inspections and all. We are so impressed with how everything turned out and they helped us to stay within our budget! Thank you, Shlomi and crew, for creating a beautiful and comfortable space in our home. We are so grateful!

Description of Work
Create bathroom and laundry in existing Masterbedroom

06/25/2019

Joseph W.

Creative Innovation Developers Inc. was an excellent choice to do our master bath remodel. Ben worked with my every step of the way. My wish list of course exceeded what my budget could handle and Ben worked me until we got the right set of options and made use of every penny. Ben saw the project through every step of the way and kept me informed of his goals and the progress. His team was great and very meticulous. Couldn’t be happier with the end product. Thanks so much!!!

Description of Work
Master-bath Remodel

05/30/2019

Jeinine U.

We were ready to call it quits and pack up our ideas. Before we met Shlomi, we didn't think any of it would happen. This company was patient with us, gathering info on what could and could not be done in our home. With a little over 1100 sq. ft, built in 1944, we really needed a second bathroom. Shlomi made sure our decisions as a family were solid before moving forward on our project. Communication has been based on honesty, and precision. Every person that has worked on this project thus far, has been professional, thorough, and kind. These are people who are on time, communicate effectively, and are hard-working.

Description of Work
Create Masterbath with laundry

03/09/2019

MariaTeresa F.

We had them research what the City of Burbank would permit and they created a design for a garage conversion/addition. ben’s advise and experience is very valuable and his focus was to create a practical cost effective and beautiful plan.

Description of Work
Design an addition

Category architect

02/21/2019

Grace E.

We recently meet with Ben (owner of company) and after a successful consultation, we decided to hire Creative Innovation Developers, Inc. for a suite addition, as well as a kitchen & bathroom remodel. Of all the contractors/builders we met with, Ben seemed the most professional and experienced. He and his company communicate efficiently and are very responsive. We have a set a date for the project to begin (next week), and will update the post with photos and progress. But so far so good ^_^

Description of Work
Consultation & First Phase

01/10/2019

Laetitia T.

Ben & Ozzie were a pleasure to deal with and our new kitchen has transformed our entire house. Ben was quick to mock up 3D renderings which ended up being true to the final result, would definitely use again. Gold star!

Description of Work
Kitchen remodeling

Category home remodeling

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We have professional experience in kitchen remodeling and making home improvement ideas a reality. Can't wait to work together again!