Nick Of Time Handyman Service

Founded 2000 • With Angi since October 2009

PO Box 5561

Buena Park, CA 90622

Nick Of Time Professional Handyman and Construction Service offers handyman and construction, repair and remodeling services in Orange County and Los Angeles. We offer the following services : Electrical Plumbing Framing Drywall Painting Interior/Exterior Demolition and Hauling to

07/31/2020

Nancy Z.

Nick took the call and when I told him what I wanted to have done he stated he was doing only small jobs right now, I said it's 8 steps and small fencing and he stated that was too big of a project for him

Description of Work
Called to have 8 steps done and very small fencing done

Category fencing, home security systems

And? So I didnt want to do your job? So you think that justifies you giving me an F? Get a life. It probably wasnt the size of the job but your poor attitude I picked up on. Ive been doing this a long time. Being independent allows me to choose my clients. You are NOT my client! Lol

07/16/2019

Susie F.

Nick quick to respond and got 2 other men to assist ( my request for 3 men total) and was out very next day. Services were on time and prompt and Nick very professional. I will use Nick of time again.

Description of Work
Removal of a suspended compressor tank 150#

01/25/2019

Jeremy P.

A+ Nick and his guys are great. I was getting my house ready to sell and nick addressed everything I needed done. A few hiccups arose it materials on order(not nicks fault Ganahl lumber messed up on and order) and Nick worked with me quickly to resolve the issue and it worked out great!

Description of Work
Painted exterior of my house built a gate, gutters and few other little things

Category ceramic tile, fencing, handyman service, screen repair, pressure washing, stucco, house painters, doors

12/03/2018

Kelly P.

Nick responded right away. He asked details about the job. After responding to him, he then asked for a picture which I sent. Then, he asked for my address. After that, he said he doesn't go to our part of Anaheim... If location is that important, it would save everyone time if he would ask that up front.

Description of Work
Finished drywall, carpentry

Category handyman service

I’m not sure why this customer felt she needed to give me an F, I never did work for her. I did respond and once I realized where she was at, I did let her know it was outside of my service area. Merry Christmas [Member Name Removed]!

06/28/2018

GLORIA S.

He installed 2 outlets for our TV, and covered the old outlet location and it was amazing you couldn't tell that their was a previous outlet their, He also moved the cable outlets and it was done properly as well. He was just fantastic. I would definitely recommended him to anyone, he cleans up everything, you couldn't tell that he was their working after the job was done.

Description of Work
He moved 2 outlets of wall unit for our TV

12/14/2017

Kristi A.

His work in our house has been excellent! He is very professional and efficient; I strongly recommend his services.

Description of Work
We’ve had him finish several projects including TV mounting, chandelier installation, hanging and centering large frames, mirror mountings, and child proofing.

Category handyman service, lighting

12/08/2017

Sergio G.

It didn't because they never returned my call. Great way to do business!

Description of Work
I called and left two messages and no one called me back.

Category handyman service

Hi, sorry we didn't return your call, but on one r voicemail it says we are very busy and may not respond to voicemails, that texting is preferred, so I don't think your review is necessary or fair. Good luck

10/07/2017

Ryan F.

I will not utilize this service at all.

Description of Work
I had contacted Nick Of Time Handyman Service for work on my home and was asked "Are you the customer?" this is not an appropriate response from anyone in the business. I am in fact the customer and was going to get free estimates from other handy men and this was not a good start. Also when some one states "Have my hands full I'll try and get back to you this evening". My response Ok when you have more free time. NO RESPONSE BACK FROM HIM.

So sorry, too busy. I can screen my calls how I like. Thanks

09/26/2017

Leah P.

Nick is very professional, patient and knowledgeable. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
The project started out as installing a Ring Doorbell...and grew from there. Nick had to navigate around an alarm system and air conditioning system in a tight crawl space in an attic, to properly install a new Doorbell. It should have been a 30 minute job and ended up being 2 hours. Nick also performed some other electrical services while on site.

Category electrician

07/26/2017

Pat T.

Nick was very prompt in coming over and looking at the wood repair and paint we needed done. We are reviewing the estimate.

Description of Work
Work not done yet. Just got the estimate

Category woodworking, interior painters

06/14/2017

Fiona T.

Great. All of the work was complete to high standards. He cleaned up everything and did not leave a mess. On top of everything, he was great with my dogs!

Description of Work
I had several different odd jobs that needed to be done. Installing exterior lights, installing a new ceiling fan, changing a low voltage lighting transformer/timer, installing a Ring doorbell.

Category electrician, handyman service, ceiling fans

06/14/2017

Craig C.

Job took a little longer than expected but it was done to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
Replace hot water heater

Category handyman service

I did not do this job, this is not me.

05/01/2017

SINDY B.

They could not finish the job in one day (as promised) as they didn't order enough wood. Surprising as they claim to be "pros". There was nothing tricky about this job. The salesman told us it will look beautiful. They used the roughest and cheapest redwood planks they can find. It looked awful. We complained. When they came back to finish the job they replaced some of the planks that were visible to the street. We asked about sanding to make them smooth and was told it wasn't possible. At the end of the day when the job was done there were still some planks that were very rough. Another guy was able to sand them. It looks better, but not beautiful. The workers who installed worked very hard, the salespeople have a "don't care" attitude once the sale is made and were at first resistant to improving the wood. Pricey for what we go.

Description of Work
Installed a -60' long, 6' high fence, 3 gates and 1 6x6 fence.

Category fencing

I did not do this job, this is not me.

Linda H.

I truly appreciate his feedback and his service. I give him a rough estimate of when we need the service, he makes it out here when he can and I am always satisfied with the work. Sometimes if he is in the area he will stop by on the way his way home and get some more work done. I would highly recommend him

Description of Work
Fixed a door that did not sit right coming in to the back of the garage, re-stuccoed around the door and repainted the area below the door.

Category garage doors, doors

Linda H.

He always does a fantastic job for us! What sticks out the most to me is how far he goes to make sure we are satisfied with the work. He checks with me and my husband to make sure we are both happy before he leaves the site. He is also VERY clean and cleans up after himself before leaving.

Description of Work
Installed a TV Mount, assisted in installing screen door, helped us with some landscaping ideas to improve the look of the backyard, he also unclogged a kitchen drain, added exterior outlets, bathtub repair, and repaired some areas of the wall that had water damage.

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling

Linda H.

He always does a fantastic job for us! What sticks out the most to me is how far he goes to make sure we are satisfied with the work. He checks with me and my husband to make sure we are both happy before he leaves the site. What I also appreciate is how he is able to make suggestions on how to complete a job efficiently and on time! I truly appreciate his feedback and his service. I would highly recommend him and we couldn't be happier with the new doorbell!

Description of Work
Installed a Ring Pro doorbell

Category lighting

Linda H.

He always does a fantastic job for us! The bars have held up well and are very convenient. Me and my husband have some medical disabilities so there was a slight need for them. After installation I couldn't be happier with them! I highly recommend his services.

Description of Work
Installed safety bars in the bathtub, in the shower, and the back garage door.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

03/29/2017

Paul I.

Nick was responsive and punctual. did a good job completing the repair

Description of Work
Repair door jam after Firemen had to break down the door due to a medical emergency

03/01/2017

Steve O.

All jobs went well. Nick communicates, shows up on time, and does quality work.

Description of Work
Nick came out 3 different times. The first time he installed a toilet, fixed a faucet, and replaced weather stripping on two doors. The second time he added a water line to the new refrigerator's ice maker. The third time he replaced a faucet, the piping under that faucet and built a gate for the backyard. He really is a jack of all trades.

Category contractors, fencing, handyman service, plumbing, doors

12/10/2016

Raphaela M.

Nick of Time is great! Very pleased with his responsiveness, diligence, and quality. Hired him for painting, minor electrical, plumbing to move into a new house, but ended up using him for much more. He is experienced and completed the work timely. Very happy to have found him and definitely will continue to call upon him for ongoing repairs and enhancements.

Description of Work
Painting, electrical, plumbing, handyman

12/08/2016

Bruce D.

He did a great job. He was quick, responsive, and helpful. I will definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Needed some different drawers fixed around the house. In addition to installation of a few different appliances.

12/05/2016

Linda H.

Excellent. Very hard working. Makes sure that the job is done right and that we are happy.

Description of Work
Various types of things from hanging lights to setting up extra electrical units to bathroom and kitchen stucco repair. Remotes attached to lights. Placement of a new garage door and adjustments to where the door was being placed.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, stucco, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

09/24/2016

Suzanne S.

Nick responded to my request for an estimate immediately, and as I needed the work done ASAP I really appreciated it. He broke down the list of prices for each item I needed done, discussed alternatives/ways to save money on different items, and worked efficiently. He was also on time, which can be a rare trait in contractors!

Description of Work
Interior painting, clean out/ haul away of junk, drywall repair, washer/dryer install, closet door replacement

Category drywall, handyman service, hauling services, plumbing, interior painters

09/23/2016

Jim L.

Nick is great! He fixed all the problems quickly and was able to problem solve the more difficult repairs. He had to order a few parts, but once that was done, he came back and finished the job. He's a friendly guy who does quality work at a fair price. I highly recommend him and will personally use him again.

Description of Work
Nick repaired all of the issues with a condo that was just purchased. This included repairs to thermostat, gas fireplace, sealing/caulking all sinks and showers, repairing shower and tub fixtures, garage door opener and more.

09/21/2016

Colin L.

Nick has three qualities that I look for: 1. He shows up when he says he will 2. His work is top notch 3. He stays to budget

Description of Work
I have used Nicks services on a number of occasions. He has: Installed rain gutters Installed / repaired electrical Created a pass through on a garage and installed a new garage door Built a 780 sq ft office including power, plumbing tie ins and internet that passed city inspection with flying colors.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, excavators, fencing, flooring contractor, garage doors, handyman service, hauling services, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, stucco, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors, mobile home remodeling

Carroll Building Solutions

Our company invites you to experience prompt service and superior attention to detail. With over 12 years of experience our customer satisfaction is our top priority! We will earn your trust for a lifetime. We believe in making all clients repeat clients. You can be assured you're in good with our company working on your home improvement project. If you are looking for a contractor that follows business practices such as promptly returning phone calls, arriving on time for appointments and following through on promises then call our reputable company today.

Bragar Landscaping

Providing exceptional service for over 42 years as an environmental protector. I offer a variety of drought-tolerant trees, plants, shrubs, and succulents that would look great in your yard. I use unique and environmentally friendly hardscaping materials to design and build your dream yard. I ensure that your yard is as friendly to the environment as possible while saving you money with drought-tolerant solutions. I am California Pace Approved for 100% financing. If you are considering an Old Fashion California Landscape with lawns and plants that consume more water, don't count me out, I will do my best to make your yard as water efficient as I can. Call for details on the California Pace Program.

3 Phase Electric

We specialize in electrical services, repairs, installs, lighting, panel upgrades, ceiling fans, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

MasterCard, Check, Visa

Handyman - Electrical, Plumbing, Drywall, Painting, Carpentry, Fencing, Flooring, Hauling, Moving, Concrete, Roofing, Stucco, Tiling, Demolition & Trash Clean Up, Bathroom & Kitchen Remodeling, Furniture Assembly, Home Repair And Maintenance.