Callado Concrete

Founded 2006 • With Angi since January 2011

1567 Jasmine Pl

Brentwood, CA 94513

Free estimates. Checks or Cash accepted.

12/03/2015

James M.

Description of Work
Contacted them through Angie's List, tried to make an appointment for a quote, but due to some confusion or other the estimator didn't show or call. I called him the next day, and made another appointment. He showed up and looked at the job and told me he'd email me a quote that evening or the next day. It's been nearly two weeks and I never heard from him again.

08/31/2015

Alan L.

Eduardo was a true professional. Very upfront with everything and worked to resolve any issues.

Description of Work
Removal and pour new driveway and side yard.

07/27/2015

Joan B.

While we are happy with the majority of the concrete that was poured, we ran into issues associated with the gate. We assumed that it would be handled like it had been before the concrete was poured (with a central post that could be removed from the ground) but instead a solid slab was poured so we've had to adjust hardware (and may have longer term issues with support). Our lesson learned is to be sure that our contract is very specific.

Description of Work
poured concrete to extend our driveway

03/19/2015

Gary Z.

Description of Work
Widen driveway

02/19/2015

Joe B.

Description of Work
Replaced section of driveway

Category concrete repair, landscaping

01/30/2015

Martin W.

Responded quickly with estimate. Met all agreed upon dates and services. Excellent job.

Description of Work
New driveway.

01/12/2015

Ron P.

The work came out very nice and I'm quite pleased overall. The finish on the concrete is good, the preparation and laying of the forms and steel reinforcement was excellent. The only consideration a future user should consider is workers comp insurance for his employees. Worth looking into.

Description of Work
Replaced all broken concrete and back yard patio. Also had him do a pad for a shed and steps to the house at both rear entrances.

Category concrete repair, patios

12/16/2014

SARAH W.

The project manager Eduardo gave an affordable quote and gave us good suggestions we hadn't thought of on how to lay out the concrete. The cost of the job never over-ran the initial quote. The work crew was professional and efficient. Once the job was done, we requested a few tweaks. The tweaks were made right away so we are very happy with the end result. We may want a new driveway someday and we will definitely call Callado for a quote.

Description of Work
We had concrete paths and slabs installed around the sides and back of our house.

12/04/2014

Craig T.

Initial contact and call went very well; they were very professional. Price was right and the reviews were good. They were also very accommodating of my schedule. I am extremely busy and had very little time to micro manage and then detail review everything timely. My mistake. I did have 3 problems that prevent me from giving them glowing reviews: 1) When they set the frame for the new concrete driveway, they ruptured sprinkler system with the forms stakes. I did not know about it until months later when I turned on sprinklers. I was able to fix myself, but then I had to dig and waste time fixing. 2) When they poured the new concrete, there was some splashing of the concrete onto my garage. They must have wiped it off, but not after the discoloration set in. I figured it might be just dust and would wash off later. No dice. I finally just bit the bullet and painted the garage. I was not totally irked by this because I ended up with a nicer looking door after my effort (the door was getting a bit weathered), but the fact that the discoloration occurred because of their work was a good representation to their attention for detail (or lack thereof). 3) Whatever top coat they put on the driveway to seal it while it cured has dried in patchy blotches in some areas. In most of the driveway, it completely wore away and left a nice (and expected) even color tone. In other areas, it left these horrible stains that DO NOT come off. For a while, the botchy areas would slowly start to vanish and so I figured that given enough time, the whole top coat would eventually disappear. Nope. When I finally do have time, I will need to look into something to clean that up.

Description of Work
Removed and then poured new concrete driveway after we suffered a ruptured water main.

06/19/2014

Phyllis D.

No work was done, I thought the cost was too much.

Description of Work
The provider gave quotes on driveway repairs or replacement only.

01/04/2014

Dale C.

Owner Juan Callado and his crew were great. Out of the 5 bids we obtained, his was the best. Juan accommodated all of our requests and more. There were a couple of days when the crew didn't show, but they did complete the work on time, including cleanup, washing down the driveway, and re-sodding an area in front that was torn up by equipment. They replaced the side gate and upgraded the concrete with a colored and stamped look. Juan and his crew were very professional and courteous, and we took comfort in knowing that they are licensed, bonded, and insured, including work comp coverage. This was a very positive experience and we would not hesitate to use them again. The yard looks fantastic.

Description of Work
Leveled yard and installed two long retaining walls, large back patio, and walkway from patio to front driveway with cutout for trash receptacles. Doubled rebar in retaining walls, and installed drainage lines to existing drains; installed sprinkler system (both drip and spray) and sodded yard.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, irrigation systems, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, stamped concrete

07/08/2013

Matt T.

They do quality of work and they did a great job. The guy that came out was very, very reasonable. I got about 15 yards of concrete poured.

Description of Work
I used Callado Concrete three or four months ago for concrete pouring.

02/11/2013

Joel B.

Juan Callado was a pleasure from start to finish. Juan listened carefully and gave helpful suggestions for my driveway widening project. Good team, good quality, all came on time and cleaned up the site very nicely. I would use him again.

Description of Work
Widened concrete driveway.

Category concrete driveways

09/23/2012

Candace O.

The job was done within 1 day. The concrete came out fine except the expansion lines (grooves) did not line up with the existing concrete and they were much deeper so dirt and tree debris is difficult to remove. Also, the drain cover is plastic and parts of it have broken. Would have preferred a metal drain cover if they exist. When the job was completed an employee washed out thier wheel barrow of concrete in my side yard over small landscape rock and where an old rosebush was, it hardened and created an ugly and difficult mess for me to clean up. The wash also splashed on my fence and left a mess there as well. Would I use this company again? Maybe. Maybe was not an option above so I was forced to choose Yes.

Description of Work
Extended existing concrete patio to match existing brushed concrete, approximately 700 sq ft. They removed dirt that was not needed. They installed a drain and drain cover between the old and new concrete.

09/16/2012

Deanna R.

Crew arrived early everyday. Before they took the next step in the project they confirmed with us what they were going to do next,was exactly what we wanted done. I did change some minor lay outs so I was glad they did confirm with us. The bid was the best of all others I received. It was me adding the extra that brought that cost up. It was within my budget and I got a whole lot more if I would have gone with the other company. Back yard, driveway, walkway, fence, sprinkler, sod, pool masking, power wash and seal.

Description of Work
Wow! What can I say? Juan’s company is a great company to do business with. He showed up for all his appointments and would call us if he was able to come early or if he was going to be delayed. After receiving the bid from him I had to call him to verify the price quoted. It seems to be off from some of the other bids we received. After confirming I was ecstatic to hear it was correct. This was well within our budget that it allowed us to get other things done. We started with a tear out of old tiles and replacing it with stamp concrete. Getting the bid we did we then asked for some concrete to be taken out and also redone in stamp concrete (glad we did). Price was still great and we had a walkway and driveway redone in the same stamp concrete pattern. It didn’t stop there. We then had a fence, sod and sprinklers installed. We had our area around the pool, front walkway and the front porch powered washed and sealed. After it was all done it looked like a whole different house. Our neighbors and those that walked by complemented how grate our driveway and walkway looked. Juan’s team and with the leadership of Ricardo I had no issues. There was one minor thing but Juan made sure it was taken care. It’s all good now. Next year we will be doing our front walkway and porch to match the rest of his work. I will be calling Juan back to complete that. I would have gotten it done but my fence was a must and his team came through with one. It was a major need. Thanks Juan and team for giving us a great yard. I enjoy staying out there more often. I love it.

Category concrete driveways, stamped concrete

05/18/2011

Gretta S.

. The owner of the company is really genuine guy. He actually invited us to his house and showed us the concrete in his house. Then he drove us around and showed us other jobs that he had done. He also showed the job that he has done just two week before to show us how it would look like after it has just been done. You could not beat his customer service. Nobody else has treated us that way. In general he seems to be a great person. We are looking forward to get the work done by him. The estimate is for about $8000.

Description of Work
. Callado Concrete gave me an estimate to tear out the old concrete patio and replace it with a new one in our backyard.

04/21/2011

Candace O.

They gave us a really good price. The people who came pretty much kept to themselves and were focused on their job. They did the job in two days.

Description of Work
Callado Concrete laid a concrete patio last week.

01/08/2011

Candace O.

We didn't actually go through with the work but we will use him when we do. His name was Juan Callado. He was very friendly and professional. He seemed like he knew what he was talking about. He was very interested in doing the job and very willing to work with us to get it to a price that we could afford. He showed up an hour early for the appointment so he was definitely punctual.

Description of Work
We got a couple of different estimates from Callado Concrete to do stamped concrete for our back patio. One quote was for a fuller job and the other quote was a smaller version.

Category stamped concrete

Lujano Builders Inc.

We are a Family owned company with high experience in the construction industry since 1997, we are here to help with the following: Additions Complete Kitchen and bath remodeling Custom Cabinetry New home Foundations / retaining walls Home or building lifting Free consultations

Souza & Sons Inc

Souza & Son’s Inc is a family owned business, that designs and installs driveways, patios, walkways, pool decks, walls, steps, and more! We work with interlocking pavers and segmental retaining wall blocks. We also install synthetic turf for lawns. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all of the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Universal Pavers

With more than 10 years of experience. Universal Pavers is known for excellent work in all it's specialties such as paving, hardscaping and all other services in the Bay Area. With a 100% warranty on materials and labor. If you're in need of help with a big or small project, we'll be glad to work with you in making your dreams come true. Anything from Paver Driveways, Patios, Walkways, Fire Pits, Outdoor Kitchen & BBQ's, Artificial Grass, and Retaining Walls.

Foundations, hardscaping, retaining walls, pool decks, outdoor fireplaces, driveway extensions, walkways, patios, concrete removal, concrete pouring & sealing