MAGIC CARPET INC

Founded 1996 • With Angi since July 2005

601 W LAMBERT RD # B

Brea, CA 92821

Serving southern California for over 23 years. For all your floor and window covering needs....

01/18/2017

John C.

Category carpet cleaners

08/01/2016

Barbara S.

They are very knowledgeable about their products. I have severe allergies and asthma so I needed special no voc or very low voc underlayment, wood flooring and glue. They researched it thoroughly for me and gave me all the manufacturer's information sheets. We are very pleased with the job. We intend to have them do the rest of the house.

Description of Work
Installed engineered hardwood floor in two very large walkin closets. Had them install cork underlayment to provide sound installation.

01/26/2015

mark K.

awesome. from looking to installation and all points in between, a great experience!

Description of Work
remove old carpet, install new pad and carpet

06/11/2014

shana D.

12/23/2013

Miles K.

This is the second time I've used them and very happy with their service.

Description of Work
new carpet in master bedroom, bathroom and closet (it was a big room)

03/29/2013

Bahram G.

Everything was fine. I would recommend them to others. Their price was fair and the quality was good. Their professionalism was very good.

Description of Work
I used Magic Carpet Inc for carpet repair.

03/07/2013

Karen T. McCann M.

I selected the new carpeting for the living room. The "old" living room carpet was cut and installed into one of the bedrooms. The gentleman who came out to measure was very knowledgeable and very professional. A date for installation was set and when that date came, the installation went very smoothly.

Description of Work
Installation of carpeting in two rooms; tucking existing carpet at 4 doorways where it meets ceramic tile floor. (I am currently working with them again on an estimate for carpeting in four bedrooms. When I went to the showroom, they did not have a sample I had seen at another store. Because they carried that manufacturer's product, they got the sample for me that same day. I have received a price per yard quote, but not an estimate yet. Was very impressed at how quickly they got the sample for me.)

10/29/2012

R B.

Good experience!

Description of Work
Good but the contractor quoted empty room! However there were no extra charges for moving furniture! They used a soundproofing backer for laminate!

11/17/2011

Peggy S.

They let us take samples home to pick out the carpet we wanted. They came out within a couple of days and measured the rooms. They installed the carpet within a week from the time we went into the store and the installation. We were very happy with the product and the service we received. The guys that installed the carpet were great. We would use this company in the future.

Description of Work
Had carpeting put in living room, family room and hallway.

11/22/2010

ILDEFONSO B.

Everything went well. Showroom had lots of samples and no pressure sales. Gordon came out to do an estimate, and arrived on time. I had a couple of postponement due to my other contractor's schedule, but Magic Carpet was very accommodating and worked around our schedule. Installers arrived on time and did nice, clean install.

Description of Work
Remove old carpet and install new carpet in 3 bedrooms

07/23/2010

WENDY W.

It was OK until I noticed that the baseboard along one wall had come off after the installation. I went out to the truck and asked if they had a nail gun to reattach it to the wall. They said no and left. That was Saturday. I was busy with other home projects and did not get a chance to call Magic Carpets until the following Friday. I called and explained that I had a wall of baseboard that needed to be reattached to the wall because it had become loose due to the carpet stretcher tool used by the installers. I spoke with Lynn. She said she needed to make a phone call and would get back to me. She left a message indicating it would cost possibly $25-$50 to have it nailed back on. I called and spoke to her - she said the baseboards were not properly installed to begin with, that it was my house and my problem, that she spoke with the installers and they said it was already like that, and that she spoke with Gordon and he said it was already like that. The baseboard was attached to the wall prior to installation as I had pushed on it multiple times and it did not move. After the installation, the baseboard moves back and forth with ease. This company is located about a mile from my house. Rather than telling me it's my problem and in a round about way accusing me of lying, they should have offered to come out and take a look at the baseboard and see what could be done to get it back on the wall. This would have been a simple solution to a simple issue. Lynn did offer to have the installers come out and glue it back to the wall but given the horrible level of customer service I feel I received, I no longer feel comfortable having this company and their workers in my house. I have used many different types of contractors and company throughout my house owning/renovating years and I have never had a company tell me it was my house and my problem when I've contacted them regarding something their workers did. I gave an overall rating of "C" because they were prompt and responsive BEFORE the work was done and paid for.

Description of Work
They installed tack strip, carpet pad and carpet in living room (approx 37 sq yards).

06/10/2010

Warren B.

Everything that was promised was delivered in a timely fashion.

Description of Work
Provided in-store samples of rugs being considered for the hallway leading to the bedrooms. Following our choice and informing them the dimensions, they quoted when the rug would be available for delivery. We told them no one would be available to aid the home owner to install the rug. The clerk then checked with the store owner who said he would personally deliver and install the rug himself without a charge. I considered this going beyond what was expected and was well pleased.

05/01/2009

Carol R.

Gordan, the owner of Magic Carpet, came out to estimate our job of vinyl flooring to replace the existing carpet in our 2 upstairs bathrooms. He cheerfully answered our questions, and we received in the mail a fairly detailed written estimate one day later. We agreed on the price, and we liked the friendly service the store provides. I had been warned about using a retail store for our flooring needs, but these folks are quite honest, helpful and seem to stand by their service. The installers, Mr. John Arnold and his son, arrived punctually and carefully went through all the steps of installation. They worked together as a longtime team should, and their work is wonderful in just about every detail. The floors look beautiful, and I do say that I am a rather picky customer! Our Mannington Sobella Supreme vinyl pattern truly looks almost exactly like wood, and since the vinyl is atop a wooden subfloor, the sound of walking on wood really makes the "wood floor illusion" complete.

Description of Work
Installed Mannington Sobella Supreme vinyl floor in 2 upstairs bathrooms: removed the carpet, pad and tack strips, removed the vinyl tiles which were underneath the carpet, performed minor subfloor preparation, installed 1/4" underlayment, removed and replaced 2 toilets, glued down the vinyl floor, applied a bead of caulk around the bathtubs and toilets, and installed quarter-round moulding at the baseboards.

Category flooring contractor

05/01/2009

Carol R.

Gordan, the store owner, came out to estimate the project. He cheerfully answered all our questions. One day after he had his measurements and our carpet choice, we received in the mail a somewhat detailed written estimate. We chose Magic Carpet due to their friendly service and acceptable price. I did a massive amount of Google research on how to choose a great carpet and how to choose a good installer. I was warned many, many times against using a retail flooring store for carpet purchase and installation; however, Magic Carpet staff deal honestly with their customers. Yes, I could have gotten the carpet and pad cheaper if I nosed about for a low-cost distributor, and I could have interviewed extensively for a Carpet & Rug Institute certified master carpet installer, but I decided to trust this hard-working, highly-reviewed local business for my needs. On installation day, the installer arrived on time (although he did need to go purchase some more tack strips for the job). He had in hand my CRI-105 compliance document, with 23 detailed requirements for my job. We talked at length about my personal stair installation requirements (for example, I require duct tape to be placed atop the pad on the curve of the stair nosing to reinforce the pad). When I was satisfied that the installer fully understood what I wanted, he and his helper began the job. I was on hand to make sure the important steps were followed, and WOW - the stairs and hallway look just like a high-end hotel! What a great installation from a wonderful company.

Description of Work
Installed Royalty Mills "Coronation" carpet on our rough wood stairs, and on our hall upstairs. At the hall bedroom doors, the old bedroom carpet and the new hall carpet were seamed together. At the hall bathroom door, the new hall carpet was rolled over a Z-bar to transition to the new vinyl bathroom floor. Additionally, at the master bathroom door, the old master bedroom carpet was rolled over a Z-bar to transition to the new vinyl master bathroom floor.

11/06/2008

brian S.

Got one other competitive quote, same price for the same thing. Selected this vendor based on fast and friendly service. Installers arrived on time. They did not make any dings or scratches on the newly painted walls.

Description of Work
Replaced carpet in 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and stairs. Quote included carpet, thick padding and installation.

08/27/2008

JOSEPH M.

Service was very quick and professional.

Description of Work
I had the company repair some carpet holes made by our puppy and restretch some carpet.

09/14/2007

DIANE M.

We were in a big hurry to get the carpets installed in our rental property because we wanted to rent it out as fast as possible. The carpets look great. They even called us to confirm their appointment and to make sure we were happy at the end.

Description of Work
They put carpets throughout my rental property that was about 1100 square feet.

08/28/2006

DIANE M.

The entire experience was GREAT. From the first phone call to them to the last visit, everything was handled in a fast, polite, professional manner. They came promptly to measure for the job, called promptly with a quote (which they stuck to) and did a beautiful job of installation. We encountered a mold problem in a closet and had to ask them to return to complete just that one area when our mold was fixed. They came back promptly and quickly finished up, leaving our home free of any mess. I would definitely use them again and highly recommend them. I think that they should qualify for your "honors status".

Description of Work
Installation of new padding and carpeting throughout our rental property.

09/28/2005

MARY B.

GORDON GREENBANK FROM MAGIC CARPET CAME OUT TO GIVE US ESTIMATE ON THE BATHROOMS. HE ALSO GAVE US SOME WONDERFUL IDEAS FOR REPLACING OUR CARPETED AREAS, AS WELL AS THE KITCHEN FLOOR. THEY DID BEAUTIFUL WORK. VERY PROMPT AND PROFESSIONAL. WE WILL CALL ON THEM AGAIN.

Description of Work
WE NEEDED TO REPLACE OUR TWO OLD, VERY TIRED LOOKING VINYL BATHROOM FLOORS. THEY NOT ONLY REPLACED THE FLOORS BUT PUT IN BEAUTIFUL WOOD BASEBOARDS.

Category flooring contractor

08/17/2005

IT WAS A VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE. THEY WERE PROMPT. THEY WERE ALSO PUNCTUAL. THEY CLEANED UP AFTER THEMSELVES. EVERYTHING THAT THEY DID WAS WELL DONE.

Description of Work
THEY REMOVED OLD CARPETING AND PUT IN NEW CARPETING. IT IS THE SAME THING FOR THE WINDOWS. THEY REMOVED THE OLD SHUTTERS AND PUT NEW ONES IN.

Category carpet installation, window treatments

08/03/2005

BOB Z.

THEY ARE THE ONLY CARPET COMPANY TO USE. THEY GIVE A GOOD PRICE, THEY ARE RELIABLE, AND I HAVE A LONG STANDING RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM. THEY FIX PROBLEMS QUICKLY.

Description of Work
THEY REPLACED CARPET IN MY SON'S CONDO, IN MY FAMILY ROOM, AND DOWNSTAIRS ROOM.

07/12/2005

THEY ARE VERY GOOD. THEY ARE TOP NOTCH. THEY ARE ALWAYS VERY DEPENDABLE, WHEN THEY SAY SOMETHING, THEY DO IT. I HAD MY BATHROOM FLOOR LAID PREVIOUSLY AND THEY DID A WONDERFUL JOB THERE. I AM HAPPY WITH THEM AND I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM FOR ANYTHING.

Description of Work
INSTALLED A NEW RUG IN THE HOUSE. THREE ROOMS, LIVING ROOM, FAMILY ROOM AND BEDROOM.

A-1 Building Management

Our mission is to be the complete affordable source for all your maintenance & janitorial needs. We offer services 24 hours a day. We can customize our service programs to fit your needs! If you work to make other people successful then you will be successful as well.

Beacon Carpet Cleaning Inc

We are one of the most experienced companies in our industry - each of our lead technicians has over 10 years of experience, and we have over 100 years of combined experience. We have always immersed ourselves in the best training and education on both the local and national levels. Our 12-step cleaning program and top-of-the-line equipment and chemistry ensure that you'll get maximum soil and spot removal without over-wetting the carpet or leaving a sticky residue behind. We can help you maintain your carpet warranty, and are referred by some of the most seasoned carpet professionals, interior designers, and realtors. Finally, we offer a 100% guarantee that if any spots reappear, we will gladly come back out and re-treat that area within a month of the cleaning. If you are still unimpressed, we will refund the cost of our cleaning. Our goal is for you to have the most outstanding service experience ever!

Blinds By Design

We are a reputable blind design company that specializes in a variety of interior blind projects. With over 32 years of industry experience, we are able to design any size space to exceed your expectations, always paying close attention to the specific style of each individual or company with whom we work. We look forward to building long-term relationships with our clients, and guarantee your satisfaction.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing Available

Here at Magic Carpet we offer free measurements. We carry a variety of products; Carpet, Solid Hardwood, Engineered hardwood, Vinyl, Laminate, Window Coverings, Residential and Commercial carpets, and more! Come in and buy your material or let us help you pick out and install your new floor!