Hire My Husband LLC

Founded 2002 • With Angi since April 2007

We take care of the Honey Do List of repairs around your home. Interior painting, minor plumbing & electrical, door repairs & replacement, trim installation, drywall repairs on just a few items on our List of Services. Please contact us at 707-746-7958 or 925-969-0133 and hiremyhusband@comcast.net....

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated

Composite Deck Installation

+11 more images

handyman (105)interior painting (18)door installation (17)electrician (14)fence company (10)drywall (9)lighting (6)dog fencing (5)woodworking (5)screen repair (5)basketball hoop installation (5)deck cleaning (2)

08/31/2022

Jim T.

Great! Easy to arrange, on time, great quality work, and very fair price. Highest recommendation

Description of Work
Door jamb repair

Category contractors, handyman service, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 08/30/2022

04/22/2022

Mary R.

Hire My Husband did a great job! We had the acoustic ceiling removed, textured and painted in our living room which has high ceilings, our kitchen, dining area, home office and hallway. It made the house feel refreshed throughout. The Hire My Husband team covered the walls with plastic to limit the ceiling material from going everywhere and picked up everyday they were here which was nice as this is a messy job. Jason and Justin were polite and professional and wore masks as the interior mask mandate was in place when we started this job. I also wanted to add how flexible their team was as my husband works from home several days a week and they were able to work around several important zoom meetings he had. A huge THANK YOU to Dawson, Allison, Jason and Justin for helping us transform our home.

Description of Work
Removal of acoustic ceilings and ceilings painted.

Category remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/22/2022

Review for Hire My Husband LLC - 497 Mills Drive, Benicia, CA - 39707334

It was our pleasure to help you. Thank you for your kind comments.

02/24/2022

Shelia L T.

The gentlemen was very professional and friendly. When he finished the job, I couldn't believe my eyes. He cleaned up the mess. I have used many relatives in the past, they don't clean up. Besides, I got what I paid for from them. Cheap is not always cheaper and free is not always free in the long run.

Description of Work
Kitchen Faucet Replacement

Category basketball goals, plumbing

Work Completed On 02/16/2022

11/19/2021

Leeann C.

Perfect. Tech was right on schedule, efficient and thorough. So happy with the work. The definitely will be clearing my Honey Do list in the future. Both techs Jason and John were excellent

Description of Work
Kitchen island refinished, spot painting, repair a bedroom bench

Category basketball goals, handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/19/2021

10/01/2021

Deborah D.

The Hire My Husband team did a great job with our interior painting project. The scope of the project was multiple rooms and different paint colors. The entire team was professional, personable, and responsive. The job was completed on time and on budget and that is rare for most home repair or remodel projects. The scheduling team communicated with us every step of the way. When issues arose they were resolved creatively and quickly!! If an aspect of the job was beyond their expertise they had a ready list of highly qualified referrals. I highly recommend Hire My Husband for any of your home repair or painting projects.

Description of Work
Interior house painting multiple rooms

Category basketball goals, drywall, handyman service, screen repair, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/15/2021

07/16/2021

Anne S.

Hire My Husband just completed an update to my dining room and kitchen. Bead board and paint in the dining room. The kitchen included paint and an update to the existing cabinets with white paint and hardware added. I can’t say enough about the crew. Hard workers, respectful, funny and talented with attention to detail. We did have an unexpected problem with pre-existing wiring not to code. The entire work team came together, to immediately address the problem, making sure I would be safe moving forward and the overall time frame for project completion was not compromised. 100% satisfied. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Updates to dining room and kitchen including painting, addition of bead board, painting existing cabinets and adding hardware.

Category basketball goals, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/02/2021

03/10/2021

Lane N.

I used two different people because there were two different jobs. Both men were extremely capable, on time, clean and helpful. The man who put in my electronic lock even helped me set it up. I also referred them to my daughter and she was equally thrilled. Hire my Husband has my vote and I would refer them to anyone in need of a great handyman.

Description of Work
A door had to be planed. A new electronic lock installed and a safety lock on one of my rooms put in

Category basketball goals, handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 03/10/2021

01/30/2021

Sharon D.

He was able to completely fix the problem. My doors close perfectly now. Since there was extra time on the 2 hour minimum, he also filled some cracks in my walls. The time went over 2 hours, but I was charged for a full 3 hours. Keep that in mind if you have extra work.

Description of Work
door repairs-2 interior doors would not close

Work Completed On 01/25/2021

12/09/2020

Jessie B.

Hire My Husband will 100% be my go to for all my honey do's. The husbands are on time, very professional and leave everything clean. We started with one small project of painting bathrooms and the laundry room, then we decided to change our lighting and install new fans too. One of our lights is a gorgeous chandelier with about 1000 crystals and the crew was meticulous and careful to install it. The finishing touch of crown molding in the master bath and master bedroom looks gorgeous and while it was a lot of work due to the size of the space, the husbands got it installed and we love it!

Description of Work
Painting, Lights installed, Crown Molding

Category lighting, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/03/2020

12/02/2020

Gene S.

FANTASTIC! (In every respect!). This project began with a leaking upstairs bathtub drain which damaged the 1st floor ceiling. My 1974 vintage home had spray-on "popcorn" acoustic ceilings thru-out. Rather than just patch the water damaged ceiling I decided to have all of the popcorn ceilings scraped, refinished and repainted. This in turn presented the opportunity to install recessed, can lighting. (My house had almost no overhead lights.) And it had been years since the house was painted. Everything had been removed and covered for the ceiling work, so this was an optimum opportunity. Dawson gave me a very competitive price for this work in April. But Covid s/d most such work. I was out of town for 2-weeks in Oct. and we scheduled the work while I was gone. Perfect timing! Dawson took "ownership" of this job from the start: first offering a number of very pragmatic suggestions based on her experience. She recommended an electrical contractor, Front Line, and did all the coordination work to seamlessly integrate their work at the front-end of the project. She sent me updates on the work. And when I returned, the project was complete and the house looked "brand new". (Actually, better than new!) I simply could not recommend Hire My Husband highly enough. Professional, quality work at a very competitive price. Their work was done on time and as scheduled. Dawson is a very effective project manage, just simply working the myriad of details as though the project was being done on her own home. Project Price, Quality and Schedule just don't often all come together. This one did and Dawson made it all happen.

Description of Work
Ceiling water damage repair; popcorn ceiling removed; can-lights & dimmers installed; interior paint

Category drywall, interior painters, dog fence

Work Completed On 10/22/2020

10/31/2020

Connie H.

Excellent! The Hire My Husband Team are professionals in every way! Skilled, dedicated to customer service and dependable. Our restored home looks great! We have used Hire My Husband for several years now. Highly recommend Dawson and her team!! Call now!

Description of Work
Repair and restoration of home due to plumbing water leak.

Category drywall, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/04/2020

10/01/2020

Marc S.

Quickly, quality work, cleaned up everything before he left...Mike was very pleasant and professional

Description of Work
Install grab bar and railing

Category handyman service, dog fence

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

It was a pleasure to help you. Please let us know when your next Honey Do List is ready.

09/07/2020

Jeryl G.

I received 6 bids for the project. 5 of them were between 900-1,500 , except this company who wanted 5,700! A huge difference! They wanted 4,500 in labor and 1200 in materials. Materials were for a 32 feet redwood extension and we had some of the materials on hand. This quote was insane. I can see if it was one of two companies or something like that but 1 of 6. Something was not right.

Description of Work
Fence extension

Category fencing

Work Completed On 09/04/2020

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to disappoint you. Good luck with your project.

07/22/2020

Johanna Z.

I never got a quote from them, I spoke to the lady she promised quote but never sent it, I called her again for quote I didn't receive , she said she would email it to me, never did. Terrible service

Description of Work
Floating, tape and paint ceiling

Category drywall, dog fence

Work Completed On 07/22/2020

A quote was emailed to you from hiremyhusband@comcast.net on July 9 to the email address you provided in your client contact information. Please check your spam folder just in case it landed there. We also mailed you a hard copy to the address you provided.

07/17/2020

Margo M.

Wasn’t able to hire but will in near future. Apologize for not communicating well. I like “hire my husband”- knowing wife is a partner.

Description of Work
At the time I had the funds, now I don’t.

Category handyman service, dog fence

Work Completed On 07/17/2020

We are happy to help you whenever you are ready. Please stay safe.

07/03/2020

Ed B.

Estimator Dawson responded to our request quickly, gave written estimate within a few days. Unfortunately our park management won't allow deck sunshades despite our requests to allow Home for Hire's professional estimate, excellent reputation, & also a local contractor. :(

Description of Work
Install sunshade for our manufactured home deck.

Category decks

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

02/13/2020

Mattie S.

Quote has been accepted Services schedule for 2/13/2020.

Description of Work
None yet. Scheduled already

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, screen repair, doors

Work Completed On 02/13/2020

01/28/2020

Anne-Marie W.

My garbage disposal was leaking and I asked Hire My Husband to replace the garbage disposal. They scheduled someone to come out the next morning. Mike showed up right on time with a new garbage disposal in hand. He asked me what the problem was, took a look at the situation and was able to simply tighten up some nuts and bolts and he was on his way. Mike could have just replaced the garbage disposal and I would have never known it was a simple fix. I highly recommend Hire My Husband for any home repairs or big home projects. I have been a satisfied customer for many years. Hire My Husband is always on time, always reliable and extremely trustworthy.

Description of Work
Fix leak from garbage disposal.

Work Completed On 01/28/2020

08/26/2019

Karla L.

Never showed up. Was supposed to call me by and give me a quote.

Description of Work
mount tv, weather stripping, curtain rod, etc.

Work Completed On 08/26/2019

Good afternoon [Member Name Removed], We are sorry that you appear to have had a negative experience with my business. We take great pride in responding to everyone who contacts us, whether we can help them or not. We log every inquiry we get, whether by phone or email. We could not find record of your inquiry under your name nor your address that you have supplied with this review. Could you have contacted us under a different name? Would you be so kind as to let us know? We would certainly like the opportunity to help you. Thank you, Dawson Urban

08/12/2019

Dianna L.

All task completed and done well. Handyman was thorough and professional

Description of Work
Several small projects

Work Completed On 07/25/2019

Thank you for your review. We look forward to helping you on your next Honey Do List.

05/24/2019

Farzaneh N.

Very unprofessional, bad combination, No response So disappointed 😞

Description of Work
Noting done base on poor communication

Category handyman service, plumbing, screen repair, driveway gates

Work Completed On 05/24/2019

Good morning! We did leave you three separate messages after your initial call to us on May 9. We would still love to talk to you about your projects if you are interested. We hope you will reconsider.

03/09/2019

Cliff G.

Excellent. Work was completed in a little less time than anticipated. A couple of items need to be revisited and they were extremely accommodating wanting the work to be done complete and properly. Altho a little pricey I couldn’t be happier with the workmanship. I have identified a few other things that need to be updated and HMH will likely be my only phone call.

Description of Work
Repaired various drywall cracks and holes, replaced sinks, a toilet fixed a door that wouldn’t close and some other misc things that hadn’t been done in years.

Category drywall, plumbing, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/21/2019