Universal Home Improvement

Founded 2000 • With Angi since May 2009

Were Licensed, Insured & Bonded full service Home Improvement Company Servicing San Francisco & San Mateo Counties. We specialize in French Drain Installations-Waterproofing Basement Walls, Basement Floors and Foundations-Retaining Wall Installations-Sump Pump Installations-General Contracting....

Barrons Cleaning And Detailing

We specialize in everything cleaning and all the details around your home and office. We speacialize in cleaning projects at the professional level from cleaning and renewing surfaces, marble, granite, stone to new installations and replacements of surfaces like new countertops, floors, carpets and more. We also offer remodeling projects like painting, deep cleaning offices or homes. Handy man services, remodeling projects, home and office maintenance like pressure washing, window cleaning, stain removal, carpet cleaning, light bulb replacements and much more. Everything remodeling, resurfacing, and cleaning we sepcialize in. Over 10 years as an independent business.

Gruber Painting

When you are looking for the best professional painter for your home or commercial projects, Gruber Painting is your quality contractor of choice. With over 10 years experience, our painting craftsmanship shows in our quality work. From small painting projects to full interior and exterior painting, Gruber Painting brings your "dream" home or office to reality for you. Call Gruber Painting for your free estimate today.

Offers by Gruber Painting on Angi
PROSCAPING INC

Welcome to ProScaping, Inc. Was founded by 3 brothers who specialized in Outdoor Landscaping Build and Design with over 30 years of combined experience. Over those years the brothers grew their business to encompass the new and ever expanding market for Landscaping Services. To meet that growing market and to better service their customers needs, they formed 4 Departments: Pavers Hardscape, Concrete, Artificial Turf, and Natural Sod Grass and plant installations. We pride ourselves on being a full service turnkey, specialized contractor in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are capable of meeting a unique landscaping need or using the resources of all of our Departments to partner with you to create the beautiful landscape around your home into something you’ve always dreamed of. Our Promise To You! Free Basic Design and Free Estimate We Beat Anyone’s Quote 90% of the time! We are the Quality Low Cost Leader in the Bay Area Fast Turnaround Most Durable Installation Warranty in the Industry Our installation process is the best in the business. High Quality & Best Value Licensed & Bonded

01/17/2019

Christine B.

For 90% of the job they did extremely well. They put in the wrong size windows for my front room. And since the window got smaller, my expensive window shades no longer fit. I would, however, recommend them. The job was never really complete in my eyes.

Description of Work
Put in french drains, and windowsills for every window in my house.

Category replacement windows

01/14/2019

Mary B.

I called many companies to assess our leaky basement and only found three who would come out to look at it. Universal responded promptly, gave us a quote and scheduled the work within a reasonable period of time. The work went smoothly and was very thorough. Workers were pleasant and efficient. Unfortunately, we still have a very minor leak that is unresolved. Universal responded quickly to this news and made another repair. The minor leak is still there and may require a bigger fix. We're assessing next steps now.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Category basement waterproofing

12/18/2018

Mary C.

Had water in my basement and ruined part of the flooring and walls. They came and fixed it.

Description of Work
fixed water in basement

Category concrete repair,remodeling,basement waterproofing,wells,interior painters

12/18/2018

Lucy C.

My mother’s house was having water flood her garage when it rained which created a very bad un-healthy case of mold and mildew on her garage walls. A friend had Universal installed a French drain around their home and was very happy with the work so he referred me to call them. My mother’s house was built into a hillside and always had some sort of moisture issue but now it was flooding her garage and I was also seeing small cracks develop in the foundation, so I wanted the repair this right away. I called Universal Home Improvement and they came out the next day. I spoke to Mark the owner who came to my home to explain to me what was happening and how he could fix it. Mark said the work would take about two weeks to complete and the crew wouldn’t leave until the work was completed and that’s exactly what happened. The crew worked Monday-Friday and they even cleaned up everyday before they left which was a nice surprise. Mark came to the project everyday to inspect the work being done and would keep us informed as well. The bottom line is my mother garage is now dry and has been since Mark at Universal Home Improvement installed the French drain. I’ve since referred Mark to another friend of mine that was also having the same problem and she’s also happy.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing, French Drain

Category remodeling

12/05/2018

nic B.

Mark Levine is a pro. His crew installed a french drain 12 feet underground that spanned the entire length of our home when we had major flooding during last winter. The french drain has saved our house and works like a charm. Mark also is extremely responsive. Our system has a sump pump which had malfunctioned over the weekend of this Thanksgiving. I called Mark (ON THANKSGIVING!) and he calmed me down and had a new pump installed a day later. We had a tremendous amount of rain that weekend and i am certain we would have flooded again if Mark hadn't immediately jumped into action. He's a good and honest guy, a creative craftsman who will work with you to accommodate the customers needs. I would hire Mark again anytime and recommend his crew for all your drainage solutions.

Description of Work
French Drain

Category remodeling,wells

05/12/2009

Ken B.

Total rip off and con artist in every way possible. Just some examples:. They totally blew off the first meeting for an estimate and blamed it on computer problems. Then, they sent me a flyer saying they were a star member of BBB. I checked BBB and they were not members and were rated "F". When confronted about it, he just said they got the bad rating when they decided not to resubscribe their membership in BBB. When he gave me his estimate, he had this book with all his insurance and license info in it, etc. He flipped through it quickly. When he was done, I took it from him to examine and all the insurance and license info had expired many years ago. He looked busted and explained that it just wasn't up to date. But,, it was out of date by 4-6 years!. I told him to send me updated version of these documents and 5 references. He said he would, but I never heard from him again.

Description of Work
None. I didn't hire them.

Category remodeling

We at Universal Home Improvement cant verify and doesn't really know what occurred at this appointment that happened many years ago. We are however licensed insured and bonded and currently hold an A+ rating at the BBB. We have more then 32 years serving homeowners in San Francisco, South San Francisco, Brisbane, San Bruno, Pacifica, Half Moon bay, Millbrae, Burlingame, Hillsborough, San Mateo, Belmont, San Carlos, Redwood City, Atherton, Menlo Park, Palo Alto, Woodside, Los Altos and Los Altos Hills with all their home improvement needs. We are 5 star rated on Google, Yahoo, Merchant Circle, Yellowpages.com, elocal, Judies Book, City Search...

Universal Home Improvement

Founded 2000 • With Angi since May 2009

509 Marine View Ave

Belmont, CA 94002

We offer- Roofing and Patch Work, Painting, Windows, Waterproofing, Driveways & Walkways, French Drains & Drainage, Sump Pumps, Retaining Walls, Decking, Flagstone, Pavers, Brick, Landscape Design, Concrete, Bathroom Remodeling.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal