Sterling Van Lines

Founded 1991 • With Angi since September 2005

6850 Suva St

Bell Gardens, CA 90201

Southern California Local (short distance) moving. California Long distance moving covering all of California. Any state long distance small moves (1 - 2 rooms)....

02/15/2022

Tim & Karen L.

They were very neat, respectful. They were extremely careful and efficient. They were on time. It was a good experience.

Description of Work
Piano Moving

Category piano moving

08/12/2021

Lilly V.

If I can give this company a zero stars I would. I would not recommend them to anyone. They are inconsiderate and unprofessional. I had them come to my apartment to move my housing items to North Carolina. The estimated time frame was within a month and I was totally fine with that (super excited and relieved); And that was on June 17, 2021. It is now August 12, 2021 and still they have not called me in regards to updates on my housing items departure times, never called me in regards to where my items are and never bothered to call me back after leaving multiple voicemails. This is nerve-racking because I hate playing these games of cat and mouse. Again, don’t have my stuff yet, still waiting on them to call me back, redialing to try and get in contact with them, and Tony needs to know how to answer the phone correctly.

Description of Work
Across the country move.

Category hauling services, moving companies, delivery service, storage units

03/22/2021

Sally and Doug H.

We hired Sterling to move my elderly parents from San Diego to Los Angeles. One of my mother's prized pieces of folk art was loosely wrapped and thrown in with a box of lamps and was damaged beyond repair. When she saw it she was very upset and when I asked Sergio (the head packer) about it, he tried to blame my mother. While they were moving furniture in, they also damaged freshly painted casing banging something into it. We decided not to pursue anything until an entire box of my father's good clothing, collectible hats and some of his personal belongings including an apple TV had not been delivered. That was when we decided to file a claim and were offered only $18 from Sterling. I consulted an attorney who reviewed the documents and told us that we were victims of poor regulations and oversight that allows these companies to get away with this with horrible "insurance" choices that are not explained properly. Besides posting reviews, I plan to contact my state and federal representatives to encourage them to review the business practices of these companies and put in place better protections for consumers. WANT TO ALSO ADD THAT THEY ADVERTISE MILITARY DISCOUNTS BUT WE DIDN'T GET THAT EITHER EVEN THOUGH WE QUALIFY.

Description of Work
Senior Move

Category hauling services

03/28/2019

Allison B.

I put in requests to Sterling Van Lines and another company--the two listed by Angie's list. Sterling had several positive reviews. However, they never contacted me. The other company contacted me the next business day and had the project completed the same day as we called them back. I guess Sterling didn't want or need my business since they didn't contact me.

Description of Work
Piano moved from one house to another

Category moving companies, piano moving

We are really sorry for not contacting you [Member Name Removed]. We are working to correct our service area with Angie's List and you are among the many in areas we don't service. We are working to have our name show up in the areas that we can service.

01/30/2019

Terry H.

Everything went well. The men came in and we're done within an hour. Very professional. 👍🏾

Description of Work
Move a baby grand piano across town

Category moving companies, piano moving

01/23/2018

jeff D.

They were over an hour late with no call. After completing walk through (which the whole 4 man crew were part of), the Foreman suggested work would be done in a day and we signed a not to exceed of $1800. At the end of the day we found out that they were only about 1/2 way done and would need another full day to complete the work. The office representative (Roy) then stated that the rates would be different on the second day (charging more for 3 people than we would have paid for the 4 people on overtime) and would not acknowledge or honor the $1800 not to exceed estimate we had signed that morning. They blamed it on us needing excessive packing (again, we started off with a complete walk through) and even berating us for knowing we needed to move and not having done more packing ourselves. The next day they returned with what could only be described as a lame duck of a third person. They left the “old” house without telling anyone, while still leaving about a 16’ box truck of stuff onsite with no intention of returning to pack the remainder. Due to the time constraints, we are now unpacking on our own and finding some pretty interesting results. Dryer is dented and has a missing paint chip where the dent is. Boxes we marked fragile are at the bottom of stacks with boxes of tools and books on top crushing the boxes beneath. It looks like one of our box springs was dragged across the bottom of the truck as the upholstery is torn in multiple places on one side. At the end of the day, they came and they moved stuff. They were late and would not honor their own estimate. They didn’t damage anything with seemingly malicious intent, but we did experience damage and they missed their own labor productivity standards. Maybe they would have done better if we would have sat and monitored their every move, but we didn’t think it would be necessary for a professional moving company. A note for potential customers, they will not unplug/disconnect any electronics nor will they remove anything that is mounted to the wall (if your tv or speakers are on the wall, you will need to unplug it and get it off the wall yourself before they will pack/move it). One of the things they were leaving behind was an all in one printer and speakers (approx $1500 worth of stuff) that were completely unplugged and I had even moved away from the wall.

Description of Work
Local Move (Less than 4 miles) single story 4 bedroom house. Purchase a 4 man for 8 hour package

12/19/2017

William S.

The movers did some exterior damage to my piano and were not able to assemble it, so I had to hire someone else to put it together.

Description of Work
I needed my personal belongings moved from a storage facility in Pa to my home near Los Angeles

Category moving companies

Unfortunately, this piano was picked up from a storage company and was disassembled when it was picked up. It was disassembled by someone other than Sterling Van Lines, in this case we are not supposed to re-assemble the piano due to liability issues. Had we disassembled it, we certainly would have re-assembled it. The damage on the piano was also noted when we picked it up from the storage company, it is not damage that the moving company called.

12/08/2017

Chuck W.

From start to finish, everything was professional, on time at the price quoted and we couldn't be happier we the service we received. From Sandy in the office to Ernesto and Efrain who packed our belongings to Marc who delivered it yesterday everything went smoothly. We unhesitantly recommend that you consider Sterling if you need something moved.

Description of Work
We just had Sterling Vanlines move our Murphy Bed with bookcases from South Carolina to Colorado.

08/23/2017

Freda K.

They were terrific- each member I dealt with. There was a small error which they rectified very professionally.

Description of Work
Cross country move of small household

08/10/2017

Tim C.

I haven't used them I got quotes from them.

Description of Work
I got a quote to move furniture for me from Mesa, Arizona.

07/26/2017

therese C.

I requested information to move, and after two weeks, I have received no response.

Description of Work
I needed information on moving.

07/19/2017

Rachel B.

The movers were professional and efficient.

Description of Work
Packing and moving from two locations to one

05/30/2017

Patty D.

very efficient, timely, very prepared and knowledgeable. nothing broken, scratched dented, nothing lost. PERFECT. Job was completed as stated.

Description of Work
They moved from Inglewood to my new home.

05/05/2017

Linda R.

TERRIBLE! I discovered Sterling on Angies' List and called them. After describing my one-bedroom condo which I was leaving, I was quoted $2,000 for my move. I was delighted and agreed to use them. I did not look at any other movers. My friends and I had been packing for almost a week in our off-work time and I stayed up packing all night before the movers were to arrive April 6. There was still more to do so I called the Sterling office which said the movers can pack and charge for any extra hours. When the movers came, they said they do NOT pack, only load. The only packed wardrobes, which I had to buy! They looked at what needed to be done, called the office and said they would have a lot to pack, which they did not, and told me it would cost almost $5500.00! I was shocked! That was close to 3X as much as what the office quoted me. I called the office and was told that it sometimes happens. I said that was not what I agreed to and that my credit card did not have that much of a credit limit. I had told the office I had hanging clothes and was told they have wardrobe boxes. THE MOVERS SAID THEY HAD NO BOXES! I had to go buy more boxes and spent an additional $75.00. The movers were rude and derisive. They had me over a barrel since new tenants were moving in and I had to get out of there. I was stuck! When they delivered my possessions a week later on April 13, most of the supports for the shelves on my 40-year-old bedroom set armoire were gone. I have not been able to find replacements, they are all too big. I've gone to 4 hardware stores. The armoire is useless now. They also set up my dining room table and one leg was installed crooked, and had never been before. Despite telling them my credit card did not have that much of a credit line, they still charged $5,319.43 and sent it over the limit. I can't use the card until this is resolved or paid off. I have spoken with Sterling's and said the charges and the service are not what I was promised but I am willing to split the difference. They have not responded. I am looking into my alternatives.

Description of Work
Move to a new home.

Category moving companies

We are really sorry that our customer is upset. This move was reported to us as a small move with a small number of items to move and no packing was required at all. We were told that the customer would do all of the packing. She was given a quote for a small number of items. When we arrived the movers discovered that she had 3 times the amount of things to move than was reported and there was a lot of packing to do. All boxes on the truck were designated for other customers. We ended up packing several things and not charging her for it. We discounted the move as low as we could. We have looked for errors in the way this was handled. Since we are a small move specialists almost all of our jobs can be quoted with accuracy over the phone with guaranteed pricing. This move definitely took us by surprise but we have done the best we could do. We will be calling the customer again to see if there is anything else we can do.

04/17/2017

Jorge Q.

Exceptionally well. The workers were Professional, Clean and Timely. This is the type of service I will recommend to all my friends and family.

Description of Work
Moving contents of a 2 Bd. Apartment.

02/11/2017

Deborah K.

Customer service was awful. Unresponsive, unprofessional. I had to get my contract sent to me numerous times before it was correct. Told them that this was our first cross country move and that we'd need lots of hand holding and advice. Getting that proved difficult. Movers who showed up in CA brought a too small truck, and took over 6 hours to load, even though we were completely packed and ready for them. They did not call to give us an ETA of their arrival time, as we were promised. I found them parked in a shopping center a few blocks from our home. Broke some items that were well packed, so I can only guess that marking "FRAGILE" on a box was meaningless. Upon arrival in Oklahoma, we thankfully had a much better team! Called when they were close by, took just over 2 hours to completely unload, and made sure that all of our inventory was present and accounted for. The team on the Oklahoma side of things is what saved them from getting a much lower rating from us. Overall, I would not use this company again, nor would I recommend them based on the front-end experience.

Description of Work
We moved from California to Oklahoma.

Category moving companies, delivery service

12/12/2016

Michael G.

Excellent! Major Items were disassembled and carefully wrapped before delivery and then reassembled at the final destination.

Description of Work
Move furnishings to new house.

10/10/2016

Kathleen B.

I felt a little out of the loop in the scheduling. It was an arrangement that had to be coordinated with another party so it was a little tricky. However, the move was perfection. It was done so well and with absolute professionalism. The piano arrived and was set up in pristine condition. The movers were very pleasant and accommodating about placement of the piano and the settee.

Description of Work
I needed a baby grand piano, wicker settee, and 4 cartons moved long distance.

Category hauling services, moving companies, delivery service, piano moving

09/28/2016

Christopher S.

Vaughan did a great job fixing the toilet. They showed up about 3 hrs after I called and fixed the issue within 30 minutes. Very professional job

Description of Work
Fixed the seal on a toilet

Category Uncategorized

09/25/2016

Nick L.

I was looking for estimates to move my family from West Hollywood to Sherman Oaks. They showed up on time and provided an honest and thorough estimate. It ended up being to expensive for what we needed.

Description of Work
They provided an moving estimate.

09/18/2016

Sally B.

I needed to move a china cabinet, dining table, and 7 chairs from California to Texas. Sterling did a great job from beginning to end. Sandie handled my account and she was very easy to work with. There were no hidden costs and she did a great job explaining the contract. The packers did a terrific job too. The items were delivered about a week earlier than expected. It’s so nice to find a company like this that will do a small move. I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
Move dining room set

05/25/2016

Bridgett L.

Sandie was awesome from the initial follow-up to actual move day. Tony called the night before to schedule my move and the team was prompt and efficient. I will be recommending Sterling to any friends and family that need services in the LA Area. That you for making my move stress free.

Description of Work
Moving Services

05/19/2016

elena M.

Not a good experience. They were very familiar, and unprofessional. The experience was uncomfortable and I just wanted it to be over. They were overly familiar like we were buddies hanging out. Unprofessional demeanor all the way through and they were also 10 hours late. They spent a lot of time talking and then charged us for the length of the project, which they lengthened.

Description of Work
Moved me from my old home to my new home.

05/11/2016

Howard W.

I had a 5 man crew that worked their tails off. They did the move in 9 hours. I had one issue with returning of the old house's key, but not only did they return it to me, but Roy Jr. drove to my office (over 30 miles away) and personally handed it to me. I highly recommend them for their understanding accommodations and hard work. Much appreciated.

Description of Work
2bd/2.5ba move intracity

04/01/2016

Naihua D.

Excellent. We are very pleased with all aspects of this job, and will be happy to use Sterling Van Lines in the future if we ever move again.

Description of Work
Small moving job.

Excalibur Van Lines, LLC

“Good help is great during a relocation, but expertise and organisation is priceless.” Excalibur Van Lines will move heaven, earth or whatever else it may take to make your relocation day as simple and stress free as possible. From the easy to understand pricing structure, right through to the physical logistics and planning of the big day, Excalibur Van Lines endeavours to deliver nothing but a professional service. Whether it’s locally in Los Angeles or long distance, you can rely on Excalibur Van Lines to carefully remove your property’s contents onto our vehicles, and quickly place it in to your new property. With 6 years of experience, an excellent rating with the Better Business Bureau, and an efficient team of licensed, bonded and insured professionals, you can be sure we will deliver the service you require and deserve. LICENSES: #PUC 190128, MC #527371 & DOT #1383790. Additional DBA: Excalibur Van Lines. Additional phone - (818) 775-0370.

All Service Moving

Oregon, California, Arizona, Washington locations. Award winning Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. We provide the best trained and highest quality service on the West Coast. Featured on the front page of the Oregonian. Winners of the American Moving & Storage Association Enterprise award! Highest rated company on Yelp and Google. The only actual certified GREEN moving company by the sustainability association; All Service Moving provides professional household and commercial relocation services. Our crews are well trained, drug tested and background checked. We specialize in large homes/offices and challenging situations. ASM provides a specialty long distance moving service that you can not find anywhere else. We also move pianos and provide storage and equipment to meet your needs. We do not use day labor and we provide an efficient and high quality service. Let us impress you.

Move Happy

Move Happy Group. Los Angeles | San Leandro CA | Palm Desert CA | NYC Metro | New Jersey | Seattle WA | Honolulu | Maui | Big Island HI Since 1991 MoveHappy operates as a top tier chosen brand in the Moving & Storage space. From its humble beginning over 30 years ago as a “Husband & wife” operation in Los Angeles CA, we have expanded to a Nation & Worldwide relocation , Logistics, and Storage company .With eight locations in the USA, and a global network of trusted agents in over 150 countries, each year we relocate more than 15,000 households, including over 6,000 military families. Some of the long-line services provided, are long-distance moves, Local moves, Corporate and employee relocation, storage facilities, logistics & warehousing solutions. Our services are tailored to suit our customers. Among our clients you will find some of Americas Largest brands, the US Armed Forces, GSA, and private individuals seeking to relocate. With the dedication of over 300 skilled employees, a large fleet of new trucks, over 300K SF of state-of-the Art warehouse space, and a national & global reach, Move Happy is fully prepared for any of your moving and relocation needs. .

Delivery Service
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

In California - Local moving & storage facilities. Long distance small moves (1-2 rooms) from state to state anywhere

We do not offer local (inside the state) moving except in California