We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

The Rooter Guys

Founded 1991 • With Angi since April 2006

4.3

3901 Richardson Dr

Auburn, CA 95602

The Rooter Guys of Sacramento is a company founded by two career plumbers, Marc Mathis and Maurice Ramsey, who share a drive, passion and work ethic to satisfy customers, who often have to deal with unpleasant situations. Our goal is to fix your situation and make the experience as pleasant as

05/13/2021

David F.

Marc diligently and patiently installed two faucets in my master bathroom. They look awesome and function as they should.

Description of Work
Plumbing

05/12/2021

Deric I.

I recently had a water heater leaking I called the rooter guys they showed up within the hour. Very professional and respectful. Replaced my water heater promptly. And it was reasonably priced. Would definitely use them again

Description of Work
Plumbing

05/12/2021

R C.

The Rooter Guys came out and replaced my traditional water heater with a tankless. They were prompt and very professional. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
plumbing -installed a tankless water heater

05/07/2021

Kelly J.

Perfectly. now its perfect now. I referred them to my neighbor to my aunts. They were on time. the job was really fast.

Description of Work
We had a sewage blockage, they unclogged.

11/05/2019

Stuart D.

The whole repair went quite smoothly. The company came out a number of times to do work, but because of PGE power shutoffs, they were obliged to keep returning. Eventually they found the plumbing problem and fixed it in one afternoon. I was very appreciative.

Description of Work
sewer line spot repair

08/28/2019

Anne H.

today, 2 months later I had another plumber confirm what I suspected. The rooter guys charged me $1000 for the "install of a mainline cleanout" that was a fraud. The clean out was there, what they did was install a $50 riser from that original cleanout. I had called them back within the first 30 days to unclog the pipes again, and I was very careful about wet wipes, and running the washer, dishwasher etc at separate times. turns out there is a misalignment between the clean out and the street. The rooter guys charged me a ridiculous price for work not performed. Please don't hire them. Especially if you are a gray haired female, who seems like a good mark.

Description of Work
unclog main sewer line

Category plumbing

Actually if you read your invoice you were charged and itemized on four separate charges. Camera locate 335 Hand dig to expose 235 Snaking line 185 Installation of riser 335 Not once does it mention cleanout install I apologize that you feel the [Member Information Removed] you do but work was explained in person in great detail and your invoice reflects the exact work we did for you. I am more than happy to send your original invoice if you would like to review Thank you for your time and please feel free to call me with any questions

05/29/2018

Jenny P.

Absolute worst service, communication and lack of proper tools for the job we requested. As always, as these things happen, our drain backed up on a Friday night. Saturday morning I submitted a referral request through Angie's List for a plumber to snake our line. Within 2 minutes of hitting the submit button they were quick to respond and schedule a time to come by and help us out. Our time block was between 11a-1p, the technician didn't arrive until after 3:30pm with zero communication from anyone. I had called, left a message and sent text to find out the status. After the guy arrives, he snakes our drain, has us flush our toilet once and declares us fixed. This was after my husband told him to be sure to use a cutting head because we do have a root issue that we haven't been able to get fixed yet. The technician said he didn't have the cutting head, but all looked good. Immediately after he left, my husband went to take a shower and everything was backed up again. I called them back at once and left a message. Did not receive any call back. I placed another call the next morning plus a text message. I received a message back that someone would be out that day. Had to wait over an hour to get a time block just for when someone would be there. We were told 2p-4p, fine, we headed out to shower elsewhere to feel a bit more human then back to the house to wait. At 5pm no one had shown up, I sent another message, no answer, 6p, sent another text, no answer. Finally at about 6:30pm a technician comes by, snakes our drain once then leaves without saying ANYTHING! No test flush, no information, no nada! On top of everything else, he somehow made it worse. This company is quick to sign you up for service but have no training for their staff on communication and customer service. As far as their abilities, well, I sit here waiting for another plumber to come and hopefully fix what they were unable to do with 2 half-assed visits.

Description of Work
Drain cleanout

04/17/2017

Therese R.

Took a while to get it unplugged.

Description of Work
Unplug drain line.

12/05/2016

Todd G.

He came out and checked the bathrooms, after pulling some hair out of the shower, he went outside and discovered roots in the pipes leading to the street... quick fix after that. Grade A service.

Description of Work
I had a clog in both bathrooms including toilets and tub/shower.

09/02/2015

MARSHA S.

04/24/2014

MARSHA S.

They came out the same day and were able to do the job pretty fast and they didn't charge me much at all. It was over a year and they guarantee their work for a year and it was over a year but they did not charge me much even though it was over the year they guaranteed. They got the job done right away so I would use them again. On that they day they were able to come out around 5 o'clock in the evening and was there after hours and took care of the problem. They were very reasonable, punctual and professional. So I would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
I used Straightline Plumbing for plumbing over a year ago and I had them come back again because I had a plumbing and sewage problem and they came out right away.

02/11/2014

Carol N.

This is the second time I contracted with them. They put a new flat roof over my garage. Very happy with their representative Phil. He is the best.

Description of Work
Roof and beam work.

12/28/2013

James B.

We had backed up sink. Called Straightline, which we had used in past and were pleased. Pleased again. Told them the problem, they said they would have someone there in about 1 1/2 hr. Was there early. Work done by Don. Don was polite, friendly and professional. Told me how they priced, got my OK and went about his work, Used a snake to clean out line to sewer. Cleaned up, gave me some advice (thank you) and departed.

Description of Work
Cleaned out drain with snake.

Category drain cleaning

10/09/2012

Wendy S.

He replaced the bent stack and kitchen line. He also removed contaminated soil. After he did the work, he then sat down and told me that my husband, who had worked on the bathroom, had done a substandard job and that both baths needed to be redone. I paid him the money and he immediately cashed the check. I got someone else to look at the work and I was told that they charged way too much and that the only thing wrong was in my back shower. I called him the next day and his phone was disconnected. I contacted the owner and negotiated the price with him. The final cost to me was $1600; he refunded $2750.

Description of Work
I was having a sewer smell.

09/13/2012

Shilpa K.

Swift and Successful. Would definitely recommend for any plumbing related issues.

Description of Work
Recovered trinkets from the master bathroom sink.

09/02/2012

Sandra S.

Not willing to pay $30 to have them come out. We are in the process of getting estimates to determine who will be reasonable.

Description of Work
Just called this company and will not consider them because they charge $30 just to come out and diagnose the problem. I asked about free estimate and they provide that, but they still charge $30 for the time to come out and if they do the work it will be included in the price. I thought free estimate meant "free" estimate? I don't understand the $30 charge.

06/21/2012

Caron H.

Replacing the pipe under the house--Fine job, no complaints. Placing a 4 in clean out presented more problems. First attempt resulted in a pipe sticking out of our lawn about a foot. Unsafe and unsightly. The company did come out and fixed it very quickly and cleaned out our tub drain for free. However, they did not re-seal the toilet properly resulting in us having to have another plumber out to fix that problem. I wouldn't go with the company again. I'd like to get the job right the first time.

11/14/2011

Rita R.

It was a very good service. They quoted one price and I figured that was okay and everything but it was too messy when he got there and he went up quite a bit higher than what he had quoted. He told us that he would come back and do it if we cleaned it up. I didn't think that was too great. The price, if he had done the whole job, would have been too high. He did a good job on what he did. He was very responsive. I would probably try somebody else in the future.

Description of Work
There was a clogged drain and Straightline Plumbing unclogged it.

Category drain cleaning

09/22/2011

Donald H.

Great job!

Description of Work
Marc and Ricky arrived to fix my wobbly kitchen sink faucet. Difficult task that I've only been able to do by hand and won't stay tight. Ricky got under the sink and used a special tool that tightened up the faucet and the sprayer to the right. I explained that we tighten it and it gets loose every time. They did not charge me! Instead, they'll call me in a week. If still tight, I'll be charged the $99 service call. Great job guys! That's a check I'll gladly write!

08/14/2011

GEORGE H.

Called Straightline and they had one of their service people, Maurice, at the house within an hour or so. He re-soldered the pipe and insured the leak was repaired. Very satisfied with their timeliness and quality of their work.

Description of Work
Had a leak develop today (Sunday) from some work a contractor had done recently and he was out of town and unavailable. As a result we had to turn off water to whole house.

08/06/2011

Adrienne S.

I told the story above and therefore would wholeheartedly recommend them.

Description of Work
They correctly diagnosed the problem as clogged traps (the water wouldn't drain...and we had a previous estimate and diagnosis) but they additionally said the pipe could remain but would not hold and would recommend a small new piece of pvc. Also, he said they would have to go into the wall, and would I mind. Later, without fanfare, he went to the truck and voluntarily patched the hole in the wall, even though it wasn't his job...so professional and he made sure we had our senior discount, by calling the office! So pleased....

01/25/2011

marc M.

It went great!! They are real professionals.

Description of Work
I needed to replace my old water heater and wasn't sure what kind to buy or if I should up-grade to a tankless water heater. The two gentlemen from Straightline Plumbing that came to my home where neither pushy or over bearing, they explained the differences and what my options are. In the end I opted for the Rinnai tankless water heater, and I am happy I did..

04/27/2006

THIS COMPANY HAS DONE OTHER PLUMBING WORK FOR ME. THEY DO A PRETTY GOOD JOB. THE WERE WILLING TO WORK OUT A TIME THAT IS CONVENIENT FOR ME AND MY SCHEDULE.

Description of Work
THEY INSTALLED A NEW HOT WATER HEATER IN MY HOME.