Wake Construction

Founded 2003 • With Angi since December 2009

4.3

Wake Construction has 30 years of experience in the building trade serving the Merced, Mariposa, Fresno and Stanislaus Counties. We offer Exceptional Customer Service, Quality and Workmanship, Fixed Pricing, On time project completion, Strong project management, Project scheduling software, Job cost tracking and reporting and Local Building Department relationships to obtain special permitting. If you are looking to build a luxury home or commercial tenant improvement, you are at the right place. We build unique Custom Homes in the most prestigious communities in Merced, Mariposa, Fresno and Stanislaus Counties. Or if you own your own lot we can build on that as well. Your dream is just a phone call away....

Ultimate Concrete

At Ultimate Concrete our focus is on personalized service and quality craftsmanship. From large scale commercial work to highly detailed residential work. Ultimate Concrete is here to help all residential, commercial and agricultural owners with their concrete needs, our specialty is in driveway removal and replacements.

New Gen Concrete Inc

V Rivera Concrete Inc

Our mission is to provide personalized, excellent custom concrete work for our clients. No job is too small, we do it all. The owner, Victor Rivera, has over 20 years of concrete construction experience. He personally supervises all jobs and specializes in custom residential projects. The special care he applies to all his projects results in beautiful and excellent quality workmanship. V. Rivera Concrete will give you exceptional value for the quality work you receive.

01/22/2016

Don A.

Description of Work
Never returned several calls

12/31/2013

SHANNON C.

Description of Work
Wake construction is not the cheapest outfit in town but it is the best! You get what you pay for. And the prices are extremely reasonable for the level of work you get. We did nearly a complete remodel on our home (plus additions) and we couldn't be happier. The work exceeded our expectations. Gary Wake is so talented, knowledgeable, and nice that we were able to live in the home through the entire remodel.

07/06/2012

Josephine B.

He wasn't up to standard with what I felt was appropriate. I wrote him a letter stating his services were not required. He then sued me for "breach of contract", but there was never a contract just an estimate. He had no documentation when I went to court. The judge ruled in my favor. He put a lean on my property, which he has yet to remove.

Description of Work
He came out to give me an estimate for general remodeling at my home.

Category remodeling

A client (Gene Seto) of mine recommended me to member for the repair on her home due to extensive water damage. After the recommendation, the member contacted me August of 2010 to meet her at her home to review the damage and provide an estimate of repairs. After meeting with the member and completing the walk through. The member asked for the quote as soon as possible to submit to her insurance. A few days later we arranged a meeting at her home on Juneau Ct.. After reviewing the detailed scope of work on the contract the member said she wanted me to work on her home and we both signed the contract. I told the member, unfortunately I only brought one copy of the contract but will photo copy this one and return a copy to her when we begin working on her home. She said, Mr. Wake I want to get this to my insurance as quickly as possible. I will copy the contract, send this one to my insurance and give you a copy when we meet in a few weeks. “Trusting” a soft spoken senior citizen lady for her word I let the member keep the contract. A few weeks later her insurance adjuster Brent Weingant called me asking progress on the house. I told them I didn’t start working on the house yet because the member told me she is waiting on payment. Brent informed me the member has received two installments and her home needs to be completed before January 1, 2011. After speaking to Brent I contacted the member and told her of my conversation with Mr. Weingant. After speaking we arranged to meet at her home two day’s later. We met at her home with my cabinet maker; we measured her kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanities. I asked the member for the copy of our contract, she told me she forgot the contract at her other home. She told me she would send me the copy……I said okay. I instructed my cabinet maker to build the kitchen cabinets and vanities for $8,000.00. The cabinets were completed three weeks later (I paid for the cabinets & vanities), I called the member to set a date when we could start on her home. The member said….soon, I told her we are on a tight timeline to have the house completed by January 1st and I need to get started…..she put me off again with…soon. This same conversation went on for two months. First of December the member contacted me in a panic…….. she said her insurance (Mr. Weingant) is going to call me and she wanted me to tell them the delay with the repairs to her home were due to my cabinets were wrong. I told her I would not lie to her insurance and we need to meet to discuss getting started on her home, in a panic she agreed. Mr. Weingant called me with in 5 minutes after member’s call. I told him of my conversation with the member and said I was going to meet with her. I met with the member the next day and when I entered her home someone else had been working on the repairs…..it was about 90% complete. After seeing work completed on her home I knew I was used for the member to profit from an insurance claim. To shorten this mess up- There were three contractor bids for the member's project; The member did NOT use any of the three contractors she received bids from. I had the highest bid, so the member submitted my bid to her insurance. I fell victim to a VERY DISHONEST person that was deceitful using me, my business and contract to receive insurance money. I did take the member to court to try and recoup my money for her cabinets ($8,000.00) but with out a contract I had no case. In court, the member “tried” to presenting a letter stating she wrote me turning down my services but the Judge threw it out due to the letter had no merit. Judge apologized, and said with no signed contract there is no case and ruled in her favor. I’m a trusting business man that was used by a person with no integrity that was after insurance money. Unfortunately after all the lies & deceit I spoke to other people/ businesses and I found out about the member's history around the Merced Community. This report posted on Angie’s List should be removed because it is false accusation about my business and me. Thank You, Gary Wake DBA: Wake Construction

09/27/2011

NORA M.

He did a nice job. He is very clean and we don't hesitate to recommend him to others!

Description of Work
The contractor built our house.

Wake Construction

Founded 2003 • With Angi since December 2009

4.3

5526 Elliott Ave.

Atwater, CA 95301

Custom Home Design, Custom Homes, Complete Remodel services, Additions, Bedrooms, Game Rooms, Plumbing, Electrical, Concrete (sidewalks, foundation, custom stamping, driveways), Foundation repair, Victorian Home preservation/ restoration, Roofing, Custom Kitchens, and Custom Bathrooms.