EC Builders Tree Service

Founded 1994 • With Angi since March 2011

76 Logan Ln

Atherton, CA 94027

The difference between a good job and a great job. We are a full service tree company. California Contractor License B & C61/ D49 # 903257 Professional Tree Service Serving the Bay Area since 1994. Quality tree work at reasonable prices. Skilled specialists in every type of Tree Work. Tree Removal, Trimming, Pruning, Stump Grinding. Maintenance Debris Hauling, Clean Up Free Estimates We carry Liability and Workers Compensation Insurance. References...

02/12/2018

Carolyn W.

The process from start to finish went well. Elmer showed up on-time to provide the quote - tree removal with and without stump grinding. The work was scheduled for several days later. His crew came on-time, worked efficiently to remove the tree and grind the stump, and left within an hour.

Description of Work
Remove apple tree from backyard.

02/12/2018

Carolyn W.

Elmer arrived on time to provide a quote to remove an apple tree which had a tree disease. He provided 2 options - remove tree, remove tree with stump grinding. Both options were reasonable compared to other estimates that I received. His crew came later that week to do the work - prompt and professional.

Description of Work
Remove apple tree from backyard.

07/06/2017

ROBERT B.

Excellent. Harvey and his two man crew arrived on the scheduled date and time and proceeded to remove the two large Liquid Amber trees. Their efficiency, expertise and competence were outstanding. The trees were down in approximately five hours and cleanup accomplished in an hour. All cut wood and chips were removed and the site left clean. A total job extremely well done.

Description of Work
Removal of two large Liquid Amber trees.

06/07/2017

Grace C.

Scheduled initial walkthrough with Elmer by calling the office. He came on a weekend! He provided a quotation for the work. We actually had difficulty finding a company that would do what we wanted. Some companies said it was too big a job for them (they did tree service only) or too small (they worked on larger construction projects). It was a relief to find a company that could do the appropriate yard work. We scheduled the work by email. The crew came out. Work was done well. We will be booking our large tree removal project in near future.

Description of Work
Underbrush and small tree removal in upwardly sloping area in residential backyard. In preparation for large tree removal.

Category lawn service, tree service

12/29/2015

Eryl A.

I called Elmer (the owner) to see whether they could remove a very large limb that cracked off our tree early one morning and was in danger of falling into a neighbor's yard. He came out right away and had 2 guys here that same day. They secured the limb overnight and we decided we should have the tree taken down because it was about 50-60 years old. A crew of about 6 guys came out the next day and started working on the tree. They worked very hard and did a great job, cleaning up after themselves every evening. The job took about 3.5 days in all (Christmas intervened!) and we are very pleased with the work they did. I have no hesitation in recommending this company. The estimate for the job was lower than that given by another company and we will definitely use them again for the other trees we have in our yard. Elmer supervised the job, and was always available if we had any questions or concerns. They deserve their "A" rating!

Description of Work
They removed a very large limb that had broken off our 70' Monterey Pine then they came back to take down the tree.

09/22/2015

Liza K.

Elmer came out to estimate my tree trimming job in the morning and had availability for the same afternoon. His team was punctual, friendly and very professional. They did a great job, very fast and cleaned up after themselves very well. I'm really impressed with their job!

Description of Work
Tree trimming on my patio

02/04/2015

Saied & Ferial K.

The crew showed up on time. They were very efficient and removed a very tall acacia tree which was behind our garage with limited access. They also trimmed our oak tree in the back yard. Elmer is very detailed oriented and explained very thoroughly to us how to kill the roots since the stump could not be removed. He and his crew also applied the first round of root killer for us. I am very satisfied with their job. I chose them after interviewing almost 10 other companies.

Description of Work
Removed a very tall black acacia tree and trimmed an oak tree in our back yard

01/19/2015

Alexander D.

EC came by and gave us a free estimate and I thought it was reasonably priced. When we got the quote on paper though it was more than he quoted us verbally. We emailed him re: this discrepancy and he honored his lower quote! EC's truck broke down when he got here but he got to work nonetheless. His staff of 5-6 guys were courteous, very adept, quick, neat, and took feedback well regarding how to trim the tree. They trimmed one huge Cypress tree obstructing our view and did it very quickly and cleaned up very well after themselves. They trimmed three Birch trees in our neighbors yard obstructing our view and didn't bother the neighbors one bit. The only minor issue we had was his office scheduler was slow with the email for scheduling and we had to call to make an appointment.

Description of Work
Trim a large Cypress tree and 3 smaller birch trees

12/10/2014

Deborah B.

We went with EC Tree Service because their bid was almost half the price of another company and my neighbor had a good prior experience with them. They arrived punctually on the date/time we agreed and got right to work after we did a walk through to make sure we were all in agreement on what was to be done. Owner speaks great English and easy to communicate with (although maybe a bit too talkative). As is common, no one in the crew spoke English. This wasn't a problem because the owner stopped by every couple of hours to make sure things were going as planned. They were proficient in the trimming and cleaned up very well afterward. At the end they asked me for my "ok" and I pointed out a few branches that I wanted cut back more to better shape the tree and they readily accommodated my request. Overall, I felt they could have done a better job at shaping the trees, rather than just thinning them out. But, they got the job done at a great price and were easy to work with so I'm satisfied.

Description of Work
Trimmed ~9 trees many of which were quite tall

08/19/2014

Michael M.

It went very well. Elmer (the owner) met me the day after I initially contacted EC builders for an estimate, and the work was completed 48 hours later. The crew accommodated my schedule (arriving at 10:30am as I asked so that I could arrived home) and completed the entire task along with cleanup of the area and disposal of the refuse in just a matter of several hours. It all went very smoothly and without issue.

Description of Work
Removed three hugely overgrown trumpet vines (morning glory) and trimmed a large acacia tree so that it would encroach on the neighbor's property

05/23/2014

Christine D.

Very well. Service was prompt and carefully done.

Description of Work
Removed a downed oak

05/21/2014

James H.

The tree services from EC Builders went great, that work topped. The service from EC Builders was very good. The total cost was 800 and with the discount coupon for 10% so it was 720. I would say overall good. There was a little bit of lack of coordinating of when they were going to come out and do it. That was the only negative to it. They say they would be here this evening and they didn't actually show up and they didn't make it that particular day. The actual service was okay and certainly the owner was quite fine to work with.

Description of Work
The last time I used the services of EC Builders was about 2 weeks ago. They cut down a tree.

04/22/2014

John T.

He was awesome. He was punctual, on time, responsible and professional.

Description of Work
We used the services of EC Builders/Tree Service.

03/05/2014

Brian D.

As a professional, I am very demanding in both my personal and business activities. I am pleased to note that EC Builders/Tree Service exceeded all of my expectations. Beginning with their prompt arrival through clean up following the extensive trimming of two pine trees and shrubbery removal, they exhibited professionalism and concern for my interests and property. They demonstrated a keen knowledge of tree care and performed their services at a highly competitive rate. I strongly recommend Elmer Cano and his entire team.

Description of Work
Tree Trimming and Shrub Removal

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

03/03/2014

Nicole B.

The actual service went extremely well- it took a few days but they did a great job and cleaned up really nicely afterward. My only negative remark would be that I tried to connect with Elmer a handful of times to discuss building a new fence in the backyard but never really heard back from him. We exchanged a few emails back and forth about availability but nothing was ever confirmed.

Description of Work
Elmer and his crew removed two huge Monterey pines from my backyard. The weren't able to stump grind because the machine wouldn't fit through the backyard door.

09/30/2013

sheri G.

Fantastic from start to finish. Would definately use them again.

Description of Work
Trimmed trees, removed debris

08/09/2013

Thomas L.

Elmer was the third contractor we invited to submit a bid. We had a severe time constraint as the neighbors were in the process of selling their house and we needed to trim the blocking treetops before they moved the following week. Thus we needed the trimming work done in three days; the rest of the work could wait. Elmer not only agreed to trim the offend treetops that weekend- the only bidder to agree- he also submitted the best bid. He and his crew did excellent work and quickly, but also cleaned up well. I would give Elmer my highest possible rating. By all means include him among your bidders, you won't be disappointed.

Description of Work
We needed trees on neighboring property topped as they were blocking our view. Also we needed a large old oak tree removed as it was found to be diseased and dying. Finally we needed additional oak trees trimmed.

07/09/2013

Barbara N.

It went very well. I liked the guy a lot, I just want to talk to a few more people before I make a decision.

Description of Work
They gave me an estimate.

06/18/2013

Yvonne S.

Pleasant experience. Very friendly and thorough. Would definitely call them back.

Description of Work
Cut down a tree, which had grown around phone wires

11/19/2012

Joe L.

Elmer's guys did great work, great clean up and for a fair price. Showed up when they said and were respectful to the neighbors. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Removed 2 trees and various shrubs on property line.

05/04/2012

NINA L.

I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used EC Builders/ Tree Service. They did tree service for me that last time they came out.

04/18/2012

Norman K.

The job was very well done. I think that they were fairly priced with very high quality. They were also timely.

Description of Work
I used them for tree services. They removed a eucalyptus tree.

01/05/2012

CHARLES P.

Elmer was prompt about coming out to bid and gave me a reasonable price. His team removed the one pine, trimmed other pine, left me some firewood, and cleaned up. I would hire his company again

Description of Work
We had a couple of very large Monterey Pines in the back yard - one needed to be removed and one needed trimming.

10/28/2011

Anne N.

Elmer and his crew were very efficient. Arrived on time, did a good job pruning , clearing up and removing branches. I would definitely use their service again.

Description of Work
Pear tree with unsightly dead branches. Removing dead branches, prune and shaping required.

10/13/2011

NINA L.

Excellent - I mean, beyond excellent. Elmer came by to give an estimate, was on time (early even), and was able to have his crew do the work that afternoon. They came, did the job, cleaned up (with a little of his prompting), did a few tweaks (a few more branches I wanted cut), and left. The whole thing, from estimate to completion, took less than a day. I'm sure he cant' always do that - their crew happened to be passing nearby on their way from another job that day, but still, it was amazing.

Description of Work
Tree pruning for 9 or so birch trees, plus cutting one down and grinding the stump.

GT LANDSCAPE

Yard clean up, weedeating,dry brush removal, fence repair,junk removal Fallen tree removal, stump removal, Poison oak removal.

Acer Landscaping & Tree Care, Inc.

Acer Landscaping & Tree Care Inc is a professional company serving the entire Bay Area and East bay. Tree service and landscaping has distinguish Acer from the very begining. We provide rigorous training in the most progressive methods used to preserve the safety and health of trees. Our staff use the best practices from International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) tree pruning standards to ensure safety and quality for every single tree. Removing trees is not an easy task. Specially big trees. It represents a challenge and it requires a highly trained personnel to protect your property and people. Give us a call for a free consultation with one of our expert arborists. Fully Licensed & Insured!!!! 24/7 Emergency Services!! We do Pavers Pergolas Sod Artificial Grass Putting Greens Irrigation Fencing Retaining Walls Flag Stone Planting Tree Trimming Tree Removal Stump Grinding Mulching Gravel Installation Clean ups and more!!!

Flores Gardening Service

Gardening professional with over 30 years experience. We offer garden maintenance, new lawn installation, general garden clean ups, pruning, drought resistant gardens, weeding and irrigation.

Check, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Tree Removal,Trimming, Shaping, Pruning, Stump Grinding, Clean up, Weed Whacking, Ivy Removal, Firewood, Wood Chipping, Brushes, Shrub, Hedge Removal, Emergencies, & Debris Hauling