C & V Contractors

Founded 1989 • With Angi since February 2013

We are a general contractor and have been in business 25 years. We are a family oriented company and treat your home as if it was ours.

Amenities

This pro has not provided any licensing information to Angi at this time.All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

Diane E.
07/01/2015
Description of Work
Renovated kitchen and repaired and finished the walls in three additional rooms, and painted all. Though at one point the wall plaster work was unsatisfactory, they returned and refinished the walls very nicely.
Category
drywall, remodeling, garage builders, home remodeling
KAREN C.
06/04/2015
Category
drywall, electrician, gutter repair, hardwood floor, plumbing, replacement windows, garage builders, doors
Chrys B.
11/20/2014
We asked our plumber if he could recommend someone to do the above work. He recommended C and V Contractors, and gave me the owner's phone number. I contacted Clyde, and he came out and looked at what needed to be done, and gave us a price, which we thought was very reasonable. Chapman's Legacy Plumbing was coming to our house on 11/10/14 to remove the kitchen sink, and he and Clyde coordinated the time, so things went smoothly. Clyde and the person he brought with him did an excellent job. The new melamine cabinet bottom under the kitchen sink looks great, and it's very stable. It was a pleasure working with with C and V Contractors. Clyde was friendly, answered/returned calls, and came out as scheduled for the estimate, and actual work. Very professional. We would definitely hire them again!
Description of Work
Removed and replaced water damaged cabinet bottom, under kitchen sink, and replaced with new framing and melamine bottom.
garage builders
Bao D.
10/23/2014
Description of Work
Just estimate and it went well.
remodeling, garage builders
Melody S.
09/01/2014
I received the contractors bid for the work on my rental property over the Labor Day Weekend. It was professionally presented and well documented. Each service and the materials required to be provided by me were listed clearly. I was shocked by the bid price of this contractor. This is an eight by eight foot kitchen in a property of approximately 1087 square feet. The contractor was only replacing the kitchen cabinets with rental property standard cabinets, replacing some light fixtures (that I provided) and installing two faucets and four light fixtures in the rest of the property. This bid was triple several other bids! To make it all the more insulting, I was to provide the granite counter tops and the laminate for the flooring in the kitchen. The contractor stated he would be installing the laminate over the existing linoleum floor. I am not sure that kind of install would have lasted very well. The bid stated: and quot;Does not include plans, permits, painting, base boards, granite, flooring, fixtures or upgrades required by permits.and quot; The bit also stated: and quot;First time Angie's List customer discount applied: $1,043.00.and quot; The final straw was: and quot;$1,000.00 down payment with weekly progress payments to be made on Friday and Balance upon completion.and quot; Since this is a small house, I was concerned that the above statement meant this project would take some weeks to complete. I need to have this work completed within a set time so the property can be rented out again. The bid stated the and quot;Work to Commence: within 2 weeks of acceptance' and and quot;Completed in 3 weeksand quot; I simply cannot have this project take five weeks. I will NEVER contact this company again.
Description of Work
The contractor was punctual and attentive. He assured me he had done remodels of this nature before. He was very polite and pleasant to speak with during the home tour.
remodeling, garage builders

I am sorry that you were not happy with our bid. There was a mis-communication about the quality of cabinets you wanted. The total price would have been drastically lower if the bid was with low quality rental cabinets. We allow 2 weeks to start a job in case there is a delay in obtaining materials and finish jobs we are working on. You stated that you were fine with us working you in when ever we could. The law states that we can receive a down payment of 10% but no more than $1,000. We ask for weekly payments to insure we are never paid more than the amount of work that has been completed. When my husband spoke to you on the phone yesterday, you did not mention any of these concerns, if you would have he could have clarified them for you. Communication is extremely important in any remodeling job.
susan P.
06/23/2014
Description of Work
They replaced a support beam on my patio that had dry rot. First they put supports up to take the place of the beam before they removed it. Before they installed the new beam, it was painted, and then again after installation. They did a good job at a reasonable price and I would recommend them (and have already) to anyone.
garage builders
KAREN C.
06/10/2014
Description of Work
It started out with replacement of a window, which was done very well. Stucco matched to existing stucco perfectly. It lead to crown molding throughout the home, new baseboards, new electrical outlets, removing florescent lighting in kitchen and adding new pot lights, laid wood floors in my office, ceiling fans in every room, epoxy floor in sunroom, new lo-flow toilets in bathrooms,drywall repair, exterior light on garage. New gutters and downspouts, I loved their finish work. The only thing I can say they could improve on was keeping us informed if they were going to be late. You can trust them in your home.
Category
drywall, electrician, gutter repair, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, garage builders, ceiling fans, stucco
Bonnie P.
04/14/2014
I was having my flooring replaced, and water damages were discovered on both sides of a door frame base after the old carpets were removed; I had to call a general contractor to replace the damaged parts of the frame within a day in order to not hold up the flooring work, the floor people would not want to install the floors by these double doors until the bottom part of the damaged frame was replaced and cured otherwise water damages would happen to the new laminate flooring. Cand V (the owner Clyde) returned my call within a few minutes, and came out within that afternoon to take a look; promised to return the following day at 2pm to repair and he and couple of his guys showed up right at 2pm the following day as promised. They worked efficiently and replaced the damaged parts within an hour, and also applied some strong sealant to the outside for future prevention. It was a small job but due to its unexpected and urgent nature, Clyde responded very quickly and managed to work around his other job's schedule to help. I would contact Clyde again for my future contractor work needs.
Description of Work
Replaced parts of the door frame that had water damage.
remodeling, garage builders, doors

Phone

2860 Elverta Road

Antelope, CA 95843

Other Information

Services offered

We specilize in bath & kitched remodels, room additions, dry rot repair, solar installation and new construction. We work with you from start (designs, plans & permits) to finish. We do it all big and small.

Payment options