Thrifty Shutters - Your Interior Shutters Expert

Founded 1987 • With Angi since February 2005

1313 North Miller Street Unit H

Anaheim, CA 92806

Super Service Award winner last 6 years! Interior Wood/Vinyl Shutters-See our Offers for Special Pricing! Family owned and operated. Owner Joel Brown has been in the shutter industry, without interruption, since 1977. Selected "Area's Best" by Chamber of Commerce.You are our only business. Never has had a filed complaint with Contractor's License Board(#920499) or BBB. Over 70% Repeat/Referrals What separates Thrifty Shutters from the rest...... 1) We are family owned and operated. You are our only business! 2). I started with California Shutters. I was thoroughly trained by an "old school" Italian craftsman named Joe Via Cava. 3) Our contractor license #920499 has never had one filed complaint against Thrifty Shutters. This impeccable clean record also will be found at the BBB.4) Over 70% of all orders are from "repeat" or "referrals". 5) We have been singled out by the Chamber of Commerce several times as being the "Areas Best" for interior shutters. 6) As the principle owner of Thrifty Shutters, my personal cell number 714 865-2095 is listed on all our business cards. You can call me day or night and if i'm with a customer, I promise to call you back the same day.7) We are fully bonded with Amerisave #04-WB078710 and insured with State Farm #1233-6536-23. 8) Thrifty Installers, headed by Tom Williams and Alan Jameson, have been with us for decades. They lay moving blankets as needed and carefully move furniture and decorator items when the customer hasn't had time to. They are clean cut, always in a Thrifty company t-shirt, and without fail, are always courteous and polite. When our installers are in your house....YOU are the boss. 9) We do complete repairs, refinish, and installations of old, worn shutters that are not ours. We carry all shutter parts in stock for quick turnaround. Our reputation is such, that several other large competitors of ours, house painters and handymen refer a large number of customers to us.10)...

11/09/2020

Douglas E.

Great! Tom came out asking all the right questions and measured everything right the first time. We have shutters throughout our home and the paint was matched perfectly. Tom took a sample blind to assure the match. Nice! No drama on the installation. Tom came back as scheduled and all the work performed properly. DO NOT LET THE NAME FOOL YOU. Even though the price is right we like Thrifty for QUALITY and PROFESSIONALISM.

Description of Work
Plantation shutters installed in our basement

Category contractors, hurricane shutters

05/31/2019

Elizabeth V.

Thrifty Shutters listened to my needs. I contacted other companies and they were pushing their inventory on me. I did not want white blinds. I wanted pink blinds to match. Thrifty Shutters didn't hesitate to accommodate me, and they did not try to push me into something I didn't want. They did a good job during the installation and I am very pleased with them.

Description of Work
New Blinds

02/21/2019

debi S.

Second to none in this industry. Priced very competitively, professional, personable, honest, reliable, high level of integrity, master craftsmanship. Don't go anywhere else until you've checked with Joel first. You won't regret it.

Description of Work
Three floors of high quality/top of the line shutters

10/02/2018

Rick K.

Excellent! After I called Joel on a Saturday, he personally came out to my house the next day -- SUNDAY! The shutters were the best price I found after checking with several other companies. He measured the windows and gave me an estimated delivery date -- It was like clockwork, the shutters were deliver on time, the installation was spectacular, prompt, clean, neat and professional. The shutters are beautiful, work perfectly and add so much to our house. Thanks to Joel and his courteous staff.

Description of Work
Shutters in two rooms.

09/18/2018

Colin C.

Very professional and did a fantastic job! Our 20+ year old shutters look brand new and its thanks to Joel and his team. Had 15 sets of shutters in dire need of repair and refinishing. The whole process from estimate to reinstall took just short of 5 weeks and we couldn't be happier. Great communication, fantastic workmanship, one great installer (Tom) and on time delivery. Can't ask for more from any business. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Refurbishing and repainting our house's shutters

08/11/2018

Chang Y.

We hired Thrifty Shutters to install wooden shutters for about 30 windows at my new home. The shutters are beautiful. They delivered the shutters in about 6 weeks. The installation looks perfect. We like it. Thanks.

Description of Work
Wooden Shutter Installation

07/25/2018

Fabian C.

Initial consultation was fast and a no-games price quote. Installed sooner than promised. Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Window shutters for 5 window openings

04/17/2018

pammi K.

My daughter has had Thrifty Shutters installed in two of her homes and will not call anyone else, even for pricing. She referred them to me. I had shutters installed in my formal living room and they look beautiful! I had already ordered two more windows to be done by Thrifty Shutters.

Description of Work
Window shutters installed

03/13/2018

Gopalakrishnan M.

Tom came to take the measurements for the windows and suggested the type of shutters that will look good in these windows. Took 50% deposit and can after a few weeks to fix excellent looking, color matched to other shutters in the home and neatly assembled shutters.He also fixed the issues with existing shutters and we are happy with the quality of the work performed and timely and affordable service.

Description of Work
We needed new window shutters for our newly built loft and also fix the issues with the existing shutters which were not working properly.

12/11/2017

Marguerite P.

Very prompt and professional. Agreed on a date and time for an estimate, which was very reasonable. Kept advised re: custom Plantation Shutters would be ready. Owner was the one we talked to most of the time. However, installer was great! Both always available by cellphone! Always courteous and professional in answering my questions/concerns. Liked the Plantation Shutters so much in dining room, we ordered the same Shutters for the living room. Both areas were a beautiful fit and look great! Am ordering more Shutters for the different areas of the house next month (after the Holidays). We do highly recommend this Company for great service, high quality Shutters, and excellent follow-up!

Description of Work
Custom Plantation Shutters

10/24/2017

Judy P.

If they had a higher rating I would give it. JOEL is beyond fantastic. Everyone should follow his standard. Punctual, helpful, wonderful guidance. And he reinstalled my glass sliding shutters but they weren't made by Thrifty. He and Thrifty are top notch without the top notch prices

Description of Work
New shutters for 2 sets of French doors + Glass sliding shutters re-installed

Category window treatments, doors

10/19/2017

Gwenlynn O.

It went really well. Tom came twice ... first to measure and give me estimate and again when I agreed to have work done to remeasure and take deposit (half of total). Then seven weeks later Tom and two additional workmen came and installed shutters in two hours!!! Excellent job. Love the shutters. Changed the whole look of the house.

Description of Work
Shutters for my entire house ... nine windows.

09/22/2017

Laura M.

Everything went right. From out first call, to our install, we could not be happier. Tom from Thrifty Shutters was professional, prompt, polite, knowledgeable, and as my husband just said, top notch in every sense of the word. Sorry, I don't remember the other guy's name that was out with Tom, but he was great, too. We had gotten a quote from another company for about twice as much money, AND we would have had to settle for the products they sold, rather that exactly what we wanted. We wanted shutters that allowed us full privacy sometimes (completely closed), sometimes open at the top, or open just at the bottom (for the cats), and sometimes fully open, with the doors resting against the left wall, so we can see right into the yard. Our new shutters give us all those choices, and look terrific in every configuration. The French door shutters give us the privacy the blinds we used to have didn't. We are now thinking about doing the rest of the windows in our living room and dining room. Thank you Thrifty Shutters - we are thrilled with your work!

Description of Work
We had shutters put on our sliding glass patio doors in our dining room, and on French doors in our living room.

09/21/2017

Martha C.

They did an excellent job and I would highly recommend them for any shutter work you might need

Description of Work
2 Plantation Shutters for a storage unit on our property which included matching up the paint. .

06/29/2017

Michael M.

Thrifty did an excellent job. My plantation shutters now look better than they did when they were new. Thrifty installed new powder-coated hinges and magnetic catches that are better than the brass originals. Thrifty takes the shutters away to refinish them. This process took approximately three weeks. Thrifty also did a careful job in removing and then reinstalling the shutters.

Description of Work
I had Thrifty refinish my plantation shutters. I had 20 year old plantation shutters on 10 windows and a large slider. My plantation shutters had some chips and cracks and were sun-faded; not too bad for 20 year old shutters, but they needed to be refinished.

06/08/2017

Kyra G.

Best price by far (we had 2 other quotes). Responsiveness was perfect. Time from quote to installation was 5.5 weeks. They look beautiful (see photos). My only issue is there is a tiny sliver of light coming through between the frame and the top slat (same thing on the bottom slat), but I'm not sure if any product would have that or not.

Description of Work
Shutters for 4 sets of french doors and 7 windows. We will probably add more later.

05/27/2017

Jared B.

Joel and his crew were incredibly friendly, professional, and great at what they do. I would recommend them to anyone looking for shutters.

Description of Work
New shutters

Category hurricane shutters

04/26/2017

Carole S H.

Just great! They were prompt, had good ideas/solutions for the project, worked quickly, but carefully, and were very personable. The gate was installed perfectly and works beautifully, and it is very attractive.

Description of Work
We have 4 cats, one of which has to be isolated from the others most of the time. She was a rescue kitty that had come from a very bad home situation and had been in foster care for 2 years. When I saw her at a local Petsmart, I couldn't resist. Initially,she was somewhat feral, but she has come a long way and we now want to expose her to more of the house - and maybe the other kitties(?). We decided to start by letting her wander around the rest of the upstairs rooms, and that meant we needed a gate to keep the other kitties downstairs while she was exploring upstairs. And, the gate needed to be a "custom" size - higher than typical pet gates, be a particular width, and fold back when open. We decided that indoor shutters would be best solution to this unusual problem. Hence, Thrifty Shutters. The person who did the measuring and decided the best way to install this gate arrived promptly, and we easily decided together what would work best. Because they are a small operation, I was told that it would take 6 to 8 weeks before they could install the gate. It was worth the wait! And, the men who did the installment of the gate have cats , so they knew what minor adjustments were needed to accomplish what was needed to safely separate these furry critters from our special needs cat when it was exploration time. And we had fun discussing how to out-fox these clever critters. It was a positive experience, and I would certainly recommend Thrifty Shutters; they did a great job fulfilling our unusual request.

04/20/2017

Michael M.

Fantastic - these guys have the experience to tackle any job and have a very high quality product. We could not be happier!!

Description of Work
Had some shutters installed in our condo with a few odd shaped and hard to reach windows.

04/11/2017

Rachel C.

It went great, the salesman/estimator was very knowledgeable and the price was very competitive however I didn't like the product as much - it had extra beveling than I felt necessary (I prefer a more modern, cleaner look) and thus I ended up going with another company however I really liked this man and he was very helpful in pointing out ways I could have the shutters altered to my liking. I would have 100% went with them but I wanted a cleaner look thus I chose another company instead.

Description of Work
I was looking to add shutters to 7 of our windows.

04/06/2017

Jacquelyn B.

Went well. Prices are competitive and my shutters look like new.

Description of Work
I had 20 year old high quality shutters that were showing their age. Needed to either replace or refinish. They never tried to sell me new shutters. In fact, commented on the high quality of existing shutters and recommended refinishing in lieu of more expensive alternative.

03/16/2017

GERI M.

Called in January 2017 and rep was out in a few days. Offered exactly what I was looking for: nice frame style, no center bar for adjusting shutters and the ability to independently operate top and bottom slats (which is great to let in light but still have privacy). Ordered shutters for 5 windows (it's a small townhome). Took 10 weeks to produce and just arrived yesterday - March 15. They're beautiful and exactly what I wanted. Nice finishing touch to rooms. Neat, clean and crisp. Very happy with entire process and finished product.

Description of Work
Wanted plantation-style shutters for a newly purchased home. Saw all the outstanding reviews on Angie's List, so cross-referenced with Yelp and, again, all 4 and 5 star reviews.

03/16/2017

Alan M.

Great! Prompt response, performed as promised, Installer Tom professional, knowledgable, helpful and thorough. Definitely will use again.

Description of Work
New shutter installation

02/17/2017

Marie E.

It went remarkably well from start to finish. Joel responded promptly to my request for a quote. Since custom shutters take time to manufacture, I was expecting the stated 8 to 10 weeks before installation could begin. The installation took place in 6 weeks. The crew that installed the shutters was just as remarkable, arriving late in the day in an extraordinary effort to install the shutters ahead of anticipated rainy days. The guys were detailed oriented, with every feature viewed and discussed among themselves to affect the best result. They explained the care and use of the shutters as well. I am extremely grateful to everyone at Thrifty Shutters for my beautiful shutters and would hire them again in a heartbeat. Wonderful people!

Description of Work
I needed shutters for a recently purchased condo.

Category window treatments, doors

11/18/2016

helen O.

I highly recommend Thrifty Shutters because they are a very professional company from the get go. Their estimates were reasonable in comparison with their competitors. They were always in contact with us and delivered as promised. Also, they were prompt and the installation was completed on time and the results were much to our satisfaction. Installers Tom and Alan worked nonstop and were very efficient! We are extremely pleased and happy with their workmanship, and we love our new shutters!

Description of Work
We had shutters installed on all windows including the sliding glass doors leading to the patio.

Category hurricane shutters

Carroll Building Solutions

Our company invites you to experience prompt service and superior attention to detail. With over 12 years of experience our customer satisfaction is our top priority! We will earn your trust for a lifetime. We believe in making all clients repeat clients. You can be assured you're in good with our company working on your home improvement project. If you are looking for a contractor that follows business practices such as promptly returning phone calls, arriving on time for appointments and following through on promises then call our reputable company today.

Blinds By Design

We are a reputable blind design company that specializes in a variety of interior blind projects. With over 32 years of industry experience, we are able to design any size space to exceed your expectations, always paying close attention to the specific style of each individual or company with whom we work. We look forward to building long-term relationships with our clients, and guarantee your satisfaction.

Bates Construction

No Job Is Too Small Have you ever desired an exquisite remodel for beautiful interior work such as new interior & exterior doors for your home Bates Construction, is your finest choice in quality construction, fine finish wood work, masterful remodeling all right here in our community. Bates Construction, creates elegance in building or remodeling for your environment. Whether it's interior, Exterior trim, or simply upgrading. I serve your home improvement needs as you'd wish. Producing consummate craftsmanship, with pride in doing great work, we care for your place and your project, as if it were our own. We allow perfection to manifest, and right when it should be. Rest assured with Bates Construction; it's our perfectionism you will love. Our fine finish work is guaranteed. Call today for the beauty and elegance you're seeking. I also take PayPal and Venmo for a form of payment.

Offers by Bates Construction on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Thrifty Shutters - Your Interior Shutters Expert

How is Thrifty Shutters - Your Interior Shutters Expert overall rated?

Thrifty Shutters - Your Interior Shutters Expert is currently rated 5 overall out of 5.

What days are Thrifty Shutters - Your Interior Shutters Expert open?

Thrifty Shutters - Your Interior Shutters Expert is open:

What payment options does Thrifty Shutters - Your Interior Shutters Expert provide

Thrifty Shutters - Your Interior Shutters Expert accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal

Does Thrifty Shutters - Your Interior Shutters Expert offer free estimates?

No, Thrifty Shutters - Your Interior Shutters Expert does not offer free project estimates.

Does Thrifty Shutters - Your Interior Shutters Expert offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Thrifty Shutters - Your Interior Shutters Expert does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Are warranties offered by Thrifty Shutters - Your Interior Shutters Expert?

Yes, Thrifty Shutters - Your Interior Shutters Expert offers warranties.

What services does Thrifty Shutters - Your Interior Shutters Expert offer?

Thrifty Shutters - Your Interior Shutters Expert offers the following services: Shutters - wood, vinyl & custom. Shutter - repair, refinishing & sales. Shutter doors. Carpentry.