We are actively performing limited services. We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Installation Crew is performing full capacity. Showroom is by advance appointment only.

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Embers West

Founded 2013 • With Angi since December 2010

1201 East Ball Rd Unit G

Anaheim, CA 92805

We are licensed, bonded, insured general contractors with specialized certifications in fireplace repair and installation. We have a showroom with many built in live displays for the hands on shopping experience as well as offer free of charge, no obligation in-home consultations to determine

12/17/2018

Dave & Sandie B.

I am reviewing Embers West's installation of a Mendota FV44 sealed combustion gas insert (combustion air comes from outside & fumes vent to the outside). The product has a remote with a thermostat & ability to control the flame height, circulating blower speed & a dimmable halogen light. There is electric ignition (no standing pilot flame) & a battery-pack to light the flame in case of a power outage. If you're in the market for a gas fireplace, look no further. Save your time and come here first. You'll be glad you did. We chose Embers West because they had the highest Yelp rating of the several local fireplace businesses (well-deserved - with over 3 dozen reviews). My wife & I had researched gas fireplace inserts online before calling EW & were partial to the Mendota brand. When we met with Francois Tiab (owner & chief technical person), I provided photos & measurements of our 1955 brick fireplace; he agreed that Mendota was our best choice. Francois impressed us enough that we saw no need to check out any other businesses (so I can't comment on his pricing versus others). He was personable, professional & extremely knowledgeable & we enjoyed working with him. Francois made it clear at the start that our project needed several visits from them but I did not ask for a schedule; the project took 3 months & cost a bit over $8k (actually $500 less than the quote- Serryn (office manager) emailed us to say Mendota was having a sale- we would not have known otherwise). If your project needs to be completed quickly - then you should discuss that with Francois up-front. A few times, I had to call to find out the status - Serryn got us an answer right away each time (also when I had tech questions). The installation encountered a snag & Francois quickly resolved it. This is all normal for custom work. The gas line & electrical connection were installed before EW started. Mario was the installer & he was great (friendly, punctual, took time to do things right, brought tarps to protect the carpet & wore protective booties over his shoes). He used a "sniffer" to check for gas leaks. Payments were easily handled online via their website. Their showroom had sample installations to help select finishes & the artificial logs. The finished job looks great & I'm very happy with the results. I definitely recommend Embers West.

Description of Work
installation of a Mendota FV44 sealed combustion gas insert

04/10/2017

Vince G.

First, I reached out via website contact form, twice – no response. I went to their showroom and got two quotes onsite, they were very busy on a Saturday. A week later I phoned in the order and paid the 50% deposit. Three weeks later I called the office to get and update. The parts were in, but I was not notified. Scheduled an appointment to install. Installers were friendly, professional and quick. They gave me a new valve flange, which was nice. Forgot the vermiculite, installer work order was incorrect, still waiting for them to come back with the vermiculite...

Description of Work
Purchase and installation of natural gas fireplace burner kit and purchase and installation of vermiculite, and ceramic fireballs.

08/16/2016

Andrea N.

Francois is the man! He's professional, knowledgeable, and most of all, honest. He saved us a lot of money by just giving us information and sharing his knowledge. Although we did not use their services for this particular project, I trust them and recommend them to my friends and family.

Description of Work
We needed some help with our fireplace project that we had been working on.

12/24/2015

John S.

Francois was very professional and responded to all of my inquiries. I found his bid to be roughly in the middle of some of the other companies. Although I decided to go with another company, I would recommend his company to others.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate.

06/26/2015

Robin M.

06/22/2015

Calvin P.

Description of Work
Waiting for estimate

02/13/2015

Marjorie G.

Everything went very well.

Description of Work
Restting gas logs and doing new set up rocks and embers

02/10/2015

Joyce S.

Francois was very professional, answered all our questions and gave us excellent service They installed the fireplace and we are very pleaded with it. We would definitely recommend Embers West. They are an excellent company with excellent and professional service

Description of Work
Gave us an estimate to install a Napoleon Fireplace. They installed it 2 days later.

01/26/2015

Marilyn K.

Overall it was good and I would use them again. I was a bit surprised by the cost given that they were there approx. 30 minutes but my understanding is that it is difficult to find businesses that will do this kind of repair. As I said at the beginning, I would use them again.

Description of Work
Repaired electric start on gas fireplace.

Category fireplaces, gas logs

12/30/2014

Robby T.

Description of Work
Replaced wood log starter...gas.

Category gas logs

10/06/2014

bruce H.

We could not have been happier with everything. We were given a detailed and clear estimate of what needed to be done, and they were timely with getting us all the information on what needed to be done. They fit their work into our busy schedule (which was very important to us), and the completed everything as scheduled. Their workers were timely, polite, and kept all the surrounding area clean. We recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Took out existing fireplace, and replaced it with a new one. This included the demo and the re-plastering of the area surrounding the fireplace to match existing architecture. It also included the painting of the area to match

Category plastering, fireplaces

08/05/2014

David & Myanna D.

Description of Work
Embers West installed a wood burning fireplace insert into our historic home. They took great care as to not damage the existing fireplace, and the results are fantastic. They covered the floor and nearby furniture to keep things clean. It looks great.

07/03/2014

Nancy K.

We've been so happy so far. They've been professional, responsive and helpful. They have good suggestions about what to look for in the tile. They were knowledgeable and instilled confidence that they will do a good job. The price is fine and reasonable.

Description of Work
We went with Embers West. They gave an estimate and we have tile order so they will be doing the work with us. They will doing the inside of the fireplace, tile work, electric and the outer fireplace.

03/31/2014

Patrick H.

Description of Work
Installed large gas insert. Installation went well. Associated company did the fireplace refacing. Also went well. End result looks great.

02/22/2014

Diane H.

I couldn't have asked for better outcome. Professional, polite, informative.

Description of Work
I had two fireplaces/heaters serviced. I also purchased fireplace gas logs with remote control and new glass doors for a third fireplace.

02/21/2014

Rosemary H.

Francois recalled in detail what I had installed a year earlier. When he came today he fixed the error quickly, cheerfully and sympathetically at no charge.

Description of Work
The owner came and within seconds determined that I had installed a battery backwards. He did not charge anything. I knew him when he worked for another company. I had called that other company six weeks earlier. They charged $149.00 just to change batteries on my remote starter.

Category remodeling

01/26/2014

Richard W.

The installation was nearly a year ago. His price was very competitive, excellent unit, very clean workers, and the job was done on time. He was always very concerned if we happy about the progress of the installation. He came back nearly a year later (no cost) just to check how the unit was doing and were we still happy and satisfied. He even cleaned the glass inside and out. Since there were batteries for the electronic remote control and internal unit, he changed the. Francois clearly stated to call anytime if there's a problem. Very concerned as to our satisfaction. Both my wife and I highly recommend Embers West, Inc and Mr. Francis Tiab.........you will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Mr. Francois Tiab had anew installation of a gas log fireplace.....actually forced heat out into the room. New tile around the fireplace with his new gas unit

Category gas logs

07/25/2013

Steve C.

Great experience from beginning to end. Francois came to the house to check out what we wanted. He was friendly and direct to the point. He has a lot of experience doing this and helped us decide on what we wanted. There were several changes along the way with regard to the gas line location and details of the fireplace frame. They were great in adapting to those changes without affecting overall cost. Max, the framer is awesome. He was very punctual and did a great job listening to us and accommodating our requests. The job took a bit longer than expected but I don't attribute that to the vendor...it just happens. They were clean and neat and always did their best to minimize the disruption in our house. Overall we love the result and had a great experience working with both Francois and Max

Description of Work
Installed new fireplace framing and fireplace, ran gas line, A/V wiring and installation

02/20/2012

Alex R.

really fantastic experience from start to end. If only more companies offered this level of service! Max was attentive to our very specific requests about selecting fireplaces that fitted in with our decor and would be installed with all relevant LA permits and inspections. (very important to us). The whole process was probably 6 weeks, including ordering kit and final city inspections. Max did everything himself which was a little surprising, but the quality and craftsmanship of both installations was excellent. He always took great care to clean up and to make sure all aspects of the design fitted exact to our original vision. great experience and very happy with results.

Description of Work
custom install of two new ventless gas fireplaces, on outer walls of property that has no chimneys.

10/23/2011

Jim E.

Very courteous on telephone and in person. Quoted prices on telephone. Were exactly the same as he charged. Work very neatly and cleaned up afterwards. Explained work well.

Description of Work
Inspected, cleaned chimney and fireplace. Add spark screen cap at my request.

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

05/12/2011

Ariel D.

Max arrived on time the first day. He immediately put paper/plastic covers down to protect the areas that he would walk on from our front door to our bedroom. He took the time to really plot out where the wall would be, the angle, etc. He then explained what he would be doing and got to work. The first day, he pulled back part of the carpeting, framed the wall and set the fireplace to make sure I was happy with its location. He then removed the fireplace to allow me to run the electrical lines, which I was going to do myself. The second day, he ran the gas line across the attic and down to the area of the fireplace. He reinstalled the fireplace, vented the wall, and hooked everything up to test it. Once I was satisfied with it, he unhooked the gas line from the unit and placed a pressure gauge on it for the mechanical inspection. I wanted to be there for the job, so he didn't come back for a few days (mutually agreed upon schedule). In the meantime, the city building inspector came out for the mechanical inspection. The inspector was very impressed with what we were doing and it passed inspection with no problems. The third day Max came out, he hooked up the fireplace again, including installing the remote receiver in a custom-made cubby hole that he built, and tested everything to make sure everything was working well. He then drywalled the new wall and began the process of taping/mudding. It was looking very good at that time! The final day, Max returned (on time, as usual) to finish the job. He began by reinstalling the carpet, finishing the mudding and, once he had it smooth to his liking, he textured the wall. At the end of the job, he cleaned everything up, received his final payment, and left us with a beautiful new master bedroom. Now, it's my turn to finish up the painting and trim work. We are very happy with his work and would recommend Max/Fireside By Design for anyone who wants a new fireplace or wall installation!

Description of Work
Installation of a new direct vent fireplace in our master bedroom. Installation included building a new wall (framing, drywall, etc.), running a gas line to the fireplace, venting through an exterior wall, setting the new fireplace into the framing, and finishing the wall up to the point of texturing to match the existing walls in the room. All work was done with a city permit and it passed inspection on the first try.

Carroll Building Solutions

Our company invites you to experience prompt service and superior attention to detail. With over 12 years of experience our customer satisfaction is our top priority! We will earn your trust for a lifetime. We believe in making all clients repeat clients. You can be assured you're in good with our company working on your home improvement project. If you are looking for a contractor that follows business practices such as promptly returning phone calls, arriving on time for appointments and following through on promises then call our reputable company today.

Super Clean BBQ

We come to your home and professionally steam-clean your BBQ....Have your BBQ shine like new...

Dryer Vent Guy

Dryer Vent Guy’s We are an professional small business that specializes in cleaning dryer vents and pressure washing commercial and residential homes. We use professional grade equipment to safely remove dryer lint built up in your ducting system. Using compressed air we can clean your dryer vent from the outside of your home. From concrete driveways to your sidewalk and patio we can ensure that your concrete will be restored to a like-new condition. Unsightly stains on your concrete surface not only looking unappealing, but they can also be the cause of slippery surfaces too, especially if the stains are from oil or grease. The exterior of your home is one of the first things that visitors will see. If your home exterior is covered in dirt and grime, it will likely not create the best first impression. We are here to ensure that your property exterior will stay looking amazing by soft washing your home.

2022 Super Service Award

California
    Contractors License Board
    09/30/2021
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Gas, Wood, Pellet, Propane, Ethanol Inserts, Stoves & Fireplaces Sales, Installation & Service. BBQ Islands, Outdoor Bars, Supply, Installation, Gas Logs, Fire Glass, Fireplace Doors, Screens, Custom Mantels, Tile & Stone Facings, Pre-Cast Concrete Mantels & Custom Fire Displays

Chimney Sweeping, Service Calls on Fireplaces We Did Not Install and Patio Furniture