Belmont Carpets & Wood Flooring, Inc

Founded 1962 • With Angi since July 2005

We carry hardwood, carpet, porcelain & ceramic tile, LVT, laminate and stone flooring.

Amenities

All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

Deborah M.
09/03/2015
It took me awhile to figure out where the terrible smell was coming from. Then the salesman turned and spoke to me directly, and oh no! It was him! He REEKED of alcohol. Having read some reviews and seen various adds in my local paper touting their customer service awards, my expectations were high. I was hoping to go in, hear a reasonable price, and take steps to schedule measuring and a quote without having to do much more shopping around. Not the case. It was a bit like shopping for a used car. The salesman was waiting outside for someone (me) to show up, sized up me and my car, then only went inside after I spent considerable time staring back at him. Once inside, he showed me just one sample with a price tag; the others were unmarked. I asked repeatedly for the price per square foot; he repeatedly evaded my questions. Why?!? I was there to buy! More questions about prices, more evasiveness, offers to come to my house to measure. Why would I welcome an alcohol stinking salesman into my home? No thanks!
Description of Work
Engineered wood floor sales
flooring contractor, hardwood floor

I am extremely sorry for your experience. This is certainly not the way we want to be represented. We do have a good reputation and want to keep that, so I am embarrassed. I wish I had seen this sooner. I am hoping that you were able to find flooring that you are now enjoying. We will strive to be sure this kind of experience does not happen again in the future.
Nan M.
07/30/2015
We used another company on Angies, Mikes Carpets and they were willing to stand behind their quote and what the salesman told us.
Description of Work
Would not put into writing what the salesman quoted and when we repeatedly asked them to, they canceled our order. They want you to sign an order that says that this is the entire agreement and it does not list the details of the materials, etc. Buyer beware!
carpet installation, flooring contractor

We would like to apologize for any difficulty you had with our sales people or store. We have looked up your name and do not see where there was ever an order placed. Typically when an order is placed, money is put down on the order and we do not see where that happen or where you received a refund. We provide break-downs on materials and installation all the time. So we are confused by what you have stated. If your order was under another name we would be able to track it we knew what it was placed under or the sales person that you dealt with. However, it appears at this point you have moved on with your flooring purchase, we hope that was a pleasant experience for you and again apologize for any difficulty you had with our store. We will strive to do better in the future with our communication to our consumers. Enjoy the flooring your have purchased!
Ari M.
06/22/2015
I called the night before to confirm installation and was told the crew would arrive at my home between 9am and 10am. It was a good thing I didn't run any errands because they arrived at 7:50am. Better early than late, I figured. Almost everything else involved in the installation went great. My decision to use Belmont's crew was a good choice, they clearly have the experience. On the down side, I knew they were not going to paint the baseboards, but I thought they were going to fill the holes left by the nails, but that did not happen. Also, they forgot to caulk the baseboards in the bathroom, had to come back the next morning, were late (making me late) and did sort of a sloppy job of it. Unfortunately, it has been like pulling teeth to get my final receipt and copy of my credit card charge. I have made the request 3 times and not received the paperwork.
Description of Work
Removed old carpeting and baseboards and installed a vinyl plank floating floor and new baseboards.
carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

[Member Name Removed] Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your flooring needs. We strive to make our customers, happy. There are things, that are not included in our contracts such as painting of baseboards as our floor installers are not "finish painters" and therefore, it is best to have a painter do them. I apologize if this was not communicated well, so that you would know that they do not typically fill the holes or do caulking, again something normally done by the painters. I checked with the office and it was reported that you had requested the receipt, the installation department said the day after you install they mailed one to you. However, since it appears you did not receive it, I have requested that they send you another one. Again, I would like to thank you for your business, we really appreciate it and hope in the future, we can help you with any additional flooring needs.
Jo L.
10/23/2014
I was referred to Belmont Carpeting by my general contractor. I had visited several flooring stores and talked to a number of sales reps. Rick Campbell at Belmont was the most helpful of all the sales reps I talked to. He gave me great advice on both the carpeting and the wood flooring. The price was excellent and nothing was hidden or unexpected. The installers were all very competent and professional. I love the look of all the new flooring and would definitely do business with Belmont again.
Description of Work
Provided and installed Engineered wood flooring and carpeting throughout most of the a 2400 sq ft house.
carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your flooring needs. We are happy it proved to be a pleasant experience for you.
Laura C.
06/03/2014
They were okay. The work done was very good. My stairs used to look bad, because the previous owners didn't do a good job, and they made my stairs look nice. The people who came out were good, 5 of them came out.
Description of Work
I used Belmont Carpets & Wood Flooring, Inc. They put in carpet upstairs, and on my stairwell.
Morad R.
04/24/2014
They were great and I would use them again in the future.
Description of Work
Belmont Carpets & Wood Flooring, Inc. did hardwood flooring for me.
Sherrie S.
04/02/2014
Ron came out to our home and provided us with an estimate and we decided to go with Bellmont Carpets and Wood Flooring. Most of our cost was because of the wood going on the stairs. We had several other estimates on installing wood on the stairs, which by the way is a costly project depending on how many stairs you need done. Their price was very fair. This company has been in business for a long time and had a good BBB rating, the customer service is good and that is why we choose to use Bellmont Carpets. Our job took approximately 3 days, the installers were on time everyday and did an excellent job. I am very pleased with this company and will use then again in the future.
Description of Work
Installed Wood Flooring
Joan G.
03/11/2014
She said that it was a waste of her time and gas to come out to provide the proposal. She said she would take a price quote from the other bids to create theirs. Once I told her that it was a 3000 square foot job she changed her tone. She wouldn't want to come out to do the work for the proposal and would just use someone else instead.
Description of Work
I called one of the representatives to inquire about their services and to schedule a proposal.
Mike M.
01/27/2014
My experience with them was fantastic. They were awesome. I've used them over and over again and they have been fantastic.
Description of Work
I used Belmont Carpets & Wood Flooring, Inc for doing my carpeting.
Robert H.
01/13/2014
prompt timely and excellent service
Description of Work
Tighten up carpeting
Dan B.
01/03/2014
Did not use their services - the guys they were competing with had slightly better pricing and were less pushy.
Description of Work
Over-effort. More interested in showing too many options rather than help whittle down accepted options.
Vonnie P.
09/08/2013
We shopped for quite a few months and had finally decided to purchase both wood floor and carpet from Belmont since they have the best selections. The sales people were friendly and very helpful. The installation process went smoothly in general. We had found some minor issues about the wood floor but were taking care of with installers. Belmont is a professional company. If you are a picky shopper like me, you should definitely check out their selections.
Description of Work
installed engineered wood floor in the downstairs and carpet in the upstairs of the house.
Donald P.
04/24/2013
They are a nice group of people. They were thorough on the measurements and quick on the instillation. They handled the job well.
Description of Work
Carpet instillation.
Ted R.
01/25/2013
This is exactly how you want a major project to work. Came out ontime as scheduled. ripped up old carpets and baseboards and hauled them away. We removed the laminate flooring in a few rooms to save money. Then they sanded all the floors. We had engineered wood floors installed, and hardwood stained and installed on the stairs. The flooring installation took a little over three days. Then, as part of the price, they provided and installed baseboards everywhere. The baseboards came primered and so did the stair risers (the part that goes up and down) and we painted them before they were installed because it was easier than painting after installation. They don't paint baseboards. Their crews are really good at what they do. The installation is great, fitting around fireplaces and curves perfectly. The stair treads (the part you step on) were hand scraped and stained and finished by one guy on the crew. They match the floors perfectly. The started on a Monday morning, and Thursday evening they cleaned everything up and went away. Pricewise they seem very competitive with the place that advertises on TV (LL) and in fact the wood seemed to be better quality. Plus, Belmont's price includes things like taking out the carpet and baseboards and reinstalling new baseboards that the other place was going to charge for. I would not hesitate to use them again or recommend them to anybody.
Description of Work
Installed hardwood floors throughout the downstairs of our house, approximately 1,600 sq ft. Also cut, stained and installed hardwood on the stairs to match the floors.
Tyler M.
09/24/2012
It went really well. They were very friendly and helpful when we visited the show room. We were a hassle going through multiple colors and styles, but they didn't mind. Installers were on time, professional, quick and did a great job. Happy overall.
Description of Work
Carpeted two bedrooms and a walk in closet.
Mike M.
07/02/2012
Purchasing anything at Belmont is easy. They offer competitive pricing and knowledgeable sales staff. They have a large selection of carpets, tile, wood, and manufactured flooring. The installers arrived on-time and were very skilled. They installed carpeting on the 1st and 2nd floors as well as the stairway. Due to the selection of carpet with weaved patterns the installers took their time to make sure that everything was installed properly with all patterns matching. The installers pointed out that the carpet on the stairs needed to be banded to make sure that it looked high quality and did not show any lines. Because this was not stated at sales time they included this at no addition cost. The finished work looks incredible and the install crew was much better than anticipated. I have used Belmont on multiple homes and have used them at my current home for 3 different projects. I have always been happy with their work.
Description of Work
Installation of carpet in most of house.
Robert C.
06/04/2012
My wife and I just bought a townhouse in Newport Beach, CA (May 2012) and we wanted wood flooring for most of the house (bedrooms, living rooms, dining room, etc). I compared Belmont's proposal to a couple of others, and they were comparable in price, but Gene T from Belmont was much more accommodating, and required much less time to complete the job. The results were spectacular and the work was done on time and on budget. My wife and I could not be happier!
Description of Work
I just walked through my home where Belmont has recently installed wood floors upstairs and downstairs, as well as some tiling in the laundry room, and I am ecstatic about the results! Gene is wonderful to work with, and the team he assigned for my project, led by Nathan, were outstanding. Their price was very reasonable (and I did check around), and their flexibility and experience really set them apart. These guys are a class act!
Category
carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor
Susan P.
09/14/2011
They did a wonderful job. The molding and staining match the floor perfectly, and the workers were professional and friendly. Their prices are excellent as well.
Description of Work
They installed high-grade Pergo flooring in my kitchen, dining area, family room, and master bedroom.
flooring contractor
Morad R.
05/31/2011
They had a huge selection at their showroom They sent a rep to our house to measure and give us an accurate estimate We agreed on the kind of wood and final price I shopped the same exact wood at 5-6 other major competitors and Belmont's price came in around $1.50/sqft lower than the competition The installers showed up on time and were very professional They were able to finish the job (700 sqft) in the same day
Description of Work
They romoved our old carpet and Installed engineered hardwood floors in our living, family and dining rooms.
Duc T.
02/11/2011
Huge selection of carpets. Prices are not displayed. I couldn't find the Anso Nylon carpet so I went to another store.
Description of Work
I was looking for the Anso Nylon carpet by Shaw.
Robert N.
01/17/2011
Dye job was perfect. Installation was poor. Customer service to try to remedy installation issues was poor. Seams are showing and carpet is shedding where it meets tile. Installer has come back once and essentially brushed over the seams with his hands to make it less obvious.
Description of Work
Custom dyed carpet ordered and installed.
Gloria C.
11/02/2010
Went very well. Sales person was very knowledgeable and helpful. And the price was just right.
Description of Work
Purchase of laminate flooring for rental property.
Janet F.
10/29/2010
They were very professional. I actually wanted a lighter color but they suggested that I go with a bit darker and I'm glad I did. Quality is great! I thought it was rather expensive at first but I think I made the right choice.
Description of Work
Belmont installed carpet in 4 bedrooms and a loft area in our house. (Including stairway) Approximately 1,500 sq ft.
Laura C.
10/27/2010
They were perfect and very easy to work with. They did exactly what they said they would do. I have also bought laminated hardwood flooring from them for the downstairs of my house which they installed, three years ago.
Description of Work
I used the services of Belmont Carpets and Wood Flooring this summer for carpeting the upstairs and stair wall for my house.
ARLINE M.
08/18/2010
I ordered more wood than what I actually had them install. It was a good thing that I was there on that day. I didn’t like the way they started to install the staircase. They were going to parquet it rather than using long strips. I was appalled when I saw what they were doing. So I had them remove the first couple of stairs that they had done. I then insisted that they use full length strips on the floor rather than parquet it because the stairs are something that you use to walk up and down many times a day. If there are cracks between the joints, then it would also get chipped. It seemed to me like they didn’t know what they were doing. So I didn’t use their services for further installation although I ordered more wood from them because they had very good prices. They are a very large company. You get a much better price if you order in bulk. I thought that I was happy with the result at the end and I didn’t notice the flaws until much later. I would buy the products from them but would not use them for installation.
Description of Work
I used the services of Belmont Carpets & Wood Flooring for installing new wood flooring in last October. I also ordered the wood from them.
flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Other Information

Services offered

Services not offered

We do not install showers or countertops. We sell material only for these areas.

Payment options

Visa
MasterCard
American Express
Discover
Financing Available

FAQ

Belmont Carpets & Wood Flooring, Inc is currently rated 4.7 overall out of 5.

Belmont Carpets & Wood Flooring, Inc is open:

Sunday: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Belmont Carpets & Wood Flooring, Inc accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Yes, Belmont Carpets & Wood Flooring, Inc offers free project estimates.

Yes, Belmont Carpets & Wood Flooring, Inc offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Yes, Belmont Carpets & Wood Flooring, Inc offers warranties.

Belmont Carpets & Wood Flooring, Inc offers the following services: Belmont is a full service flooring dealer. We sell and instal all types of flooring for the residential home and do light commercial flooring. We are licensed, bonded and insured. All our installers work for us, we do not subcontract. In addition, we sell material only to consumers who have their own installers and we sell to contractors and designers. We also have many items for custom area rugs.

Other Local Pros In Your Area

Candelario Contruccion

(1)

Candelario Contruccion

BCBhardwoodflooring

(19)

2022 Super Service Award

BCBhardwoodflooring

About Us When you turn to BCB for your flooring needs, you’re gaining the personal approach of Camelia and Claudiu Bob. The newlyweds launched BCB to serve Southern California, but the company’s beginnings go back to Claudiu’s early years in Romania. “I started working with my father from the age of 14, back in Romania,” explains Claudiu Bob. “He was a contractor and he would take me with him to his job sites. He taught me how to install wood flooring and every step in the process: sanding, buffing and staining. I learned many things pertaining to construction, but I wanted to focus mainly on flooring, because that's what I liked to work with the most.” Experience After learning from his father for many years, Claudiu moved to America at the age of 19, and settled in Chicago, Illinois. There he broadened his abilities and increased his mastery in the craft of flooring design and installation. Claudiu lived with his uncle, who helped him hone his skills, showing him how to increase his speed while maintaining the highest quality. “After seeing that this was something I could do and handle on my own, I decided to open my own business,” Claudiu says. “I named it BCB Flooring, which stands for Bob, Claudiu & Bogdan.” In Chicago, Claudiu worked with individual clients, as well as contractors, which is still the company’s calling. After meeting and marrying Camelia, BCB Flooring was moved to Garden Grove, in a new partnership with Camelia’s brothers, Christian and Mark. Mission Because Claudiu has been in the industry for many years, from your first meeting you will see the excellent customer service and professionalism you can count on. When you have a look you’re aiming for, he can offer you a game plan to get you there. Or if you need design ideas, he can offer you suggestions based on his breadth of knowledge and experience. “Usually when I meet with customers they already know exactly what they want their floor to look like in their homes,” Claudiu says. “Sometimes I make suggestions and I give my clients an example of what I would recommend. If it is a matter of choosing a stain color, I offer multiple samples and recommend one that I believe will work best for an individual’s home, taking into account style, colors and hues, as well as practical concerns such as the purpose of the room.” Expertise At BCB Flooring, our services include everything from the design phase and ordering supplies to prepping, installing and finishing. We’re skilled at more than simple floor installation — we do repairs, custom staining, and even handle railings, treads and spindles on staircases. We know how to bring out the grain in your wood floors and secure the finest quality vinyl to your highest traffic areas, like kitchens and bathrooms. When you work with our family, we bring you the best value. We work within your budget, so you get results at the lowest costs. Our flooring generally ranges from $1-$6 per square foot and our skillful treatments include color-matching, hand scraping and custom staining unfinished wood. This family-owned business installs your floors personally, which means you can leave the house with peace of mind. We’re trustworthy professionals with rock-solid honesty and integrity. And we’re nice people! Basically, we’ve got you covered. We know quality and have an eye for design. If you need help making decisions — no problem! Or if you just want to improve the look of your floors, give us a call. Your satisfaction is our biggest concern … in fact, it’s our guarantee!