AMC Garage Doors

1252 E Adele St

Anaheim, CA 92805

04/30/2016

Ira R.

Description of Work
"I woke up last Sunday morning to find that my garage door (I use a WiFi system for opening and closing and checking status) had opened by itself during the night. I tried closing it with the wall control unit in the garage and it didn't work at all. I called Victor around noon on Sunday. He lives about 10 miles from my house and said he would be there in a couple of hours. i told him he could wait until Monday (I was able to open and close the door manually) but he said he wanted to come over and take a look. He came over just as he said and found that the wall control unit had gone bad and needed replacement. He replaced the unit and asked for $ 35. This was a Sunday afternoon. I thought that price was ridiculously low and gave him $ 50. |I've used Victor a few times since 2012 and have referred him to friends. I originally found him on Angie's List. I don't think you could find a more honest and more trustworthy contractor. "

04/14/2015

Pax P.

I have used Victor multiple times in the past. He understands garage door inside out. I will always call him again in the future.

Description of Work
fix garage door opener switch and reprogram

09/12/2014

Cathie R.

My garage door kept opening back up when I tried to close it, then it be okay for a few days. I checked the sensors and everything seemed to be okay but then it would start acting up again. I called AMC Garage Door and talked to Victor who was very amenable to coming at a time that was convenient for me. He arrive promptly at the scheduled time and listened carefully while I explained the problem I'd been having. After checking it he found that one of the rails needed to be tightened to the wall, adjusted some of the settings and oiled the joints. My garage door is fine now and much quieter now that the maintenance was done. He explained exactly what he did so that if I have future problems I can attempt to correct it myself which was very helpful. When it was all done he charged me a lot less than I thought it was going to be. I was very pleased with the service.

Description of Work
Provided maintenance and adjustments on my garage door which wouldn't always close.

06/25/2014

Jennifer G.

I called for a quote and Victor gave me one of the best quotes over the phone. He told me he would be at my house between 2 and 3 pm that same day. He arrived at 1:50 pm and got straight to work. He changed the springs (all the while explaining to me what he was doing) and tested the tension and all looked good, but when he pushed the garage door button, the garage door did not budge. He knew right away what was wrong, explained to me what the problem was (the spring had been broken for some time but I had not noticed it, and the teeth on the carriage had been stripped). He removed the carriage and showed the damage to me and told me that it would be an additional $25 to replace it. In short, he was done with the job by 2:15pm. He was knowledgeable, friendly, professional and offered a fair price. I would recommend him to anyone that needs a garage door installed or repaired.

Description of Work
Victor changed the broken springs on my garage door.

06/03/2014

Ira R.

I have used Victor in the past. He is one of the most reliable, honest contractors I have ever worked with. Victor came on an afternoon to review a problem I was having with my doors sensors. After he adjusted the sensor I asked about cell phone technology I had heard about. He returned the next day and installed MyQ.

Description of Work
Installed 'MyQ' interactive garage door opener.MyQ is a web enabled technology that allows me to remotely open, close and check status of my garage door remotely. I get notifications on my cell phone for events that I establish on the MyQ app or website. I get a notification if the door is open more than 2 minutes and when it closes (The user determines the time limits)

05/14/2014

Eric G.

Excellent

Description of Work
AMC

02/27/2014

Bridget R.

My renters were having trouble with the emergency garage door lock and Victor answered my call on a Sunday. He was polite, professional, and ready to start the job. He scheduled a day and time and it was only an hour to wait, not several like others. When he notified me that he was in traffic and was hoping to be there on time I was happy to have the notice, but he ended up getting there early. Even better! He explained that the lock was installed properly and showed both my renter and I how to work it. Unlike the previous vendor who installed it. He also took the time to do a minor repair on the spring to help it work better and be safer. I have had years of experience in how to search for good vendors and he is definitely on the top of my list.

Description of Work
Victor came to repair the emergency garage door lock (this is used in case the power goes out).

06/26/2013

tiffany B.

Description of Work
Really happy with installer. Victor came out the same day, got measurements and was able to install the next day. He was fast and professional. Also, great price, beat 5 other quotes.

12/13/2012

Ira R.

Victor is great !!. Very reliable, does excellent work and extremely honest. He is a true professional.

Description of Work
Victor installed new 16 feet struts to stabilize my garage door which had been rattling loudly prior to the installation of the struts. He also installed new weatherstripping on the bottom of the door. The door works perfectly following the repair. THere was so minor squeaking about a day later (that squeaking was not present immediately following the repair. I called Victor about it. He immediately came out and made a minor adjustment. It is now December ( 5 months later ). The door works great. Very quiet and no problems.

09/09/2012

Janet J.

Victor answered my call right away, and was able to come out later that same day to fix the problem. He arrived right on time (actually a little early), set the codes on the new remotes, and replaced the bulb in the garage door opener. He took extra time to be sure the remotes were working properly from various locations and distances. Victor is very polite, friendly, and professional. I have his information on file, and will definitely call him again if I need any more service on my garage door.

Description of Work
Replaced remote control units for garage door.

04/04/2012

Roger W.

I chose a man called Victor Montoya and the reason I chose him was because he already had high scores, so I called him and we had a discussion about what I needed, he gave me his bid and he came out exactly on time. He replaced the garage door opener, the screw driver, he tightened up all the nut and bolts, and he adjusted the springs and installed a rubber seal on bottom of the garage door. His service was outstanding and he definitely lived up to his scores. I felt that his price was good and his quality of work was top class. I don't even hear the garage door open and close now, it was a mess before. I am very happy with the results. I rate him highly and I have his phone number in case I need him again. I will definitely use him again in the future.

Description of Work
I used AMC Garage Doors for garage door.

02/08/2012

Calvin Y.

Victor from AMC arrived exactly on time. He gave me a very detailed description of what was the problem with the door and what needed to be done to fix it. He even explained to me what things to look for when a door is working properly as opposed to when it is not. He gave me the full cost of the work before starting and upon my approval went right to work. Within 30 minutes he had the door working better than it ever has. I was completely satisfied with his work and will not hesitate to call upon his services again or refer him to any of my family and friends.

Description of Work
Adjustment of garage door which would no longer open or close properly. The door often stuck half way when opening and would not close all the way leaving a 2 inch gap between the floor and door edge.

01/16/2012

Ira R.

An excellent experience. Details are described above.

Description of Work
The remote openers for my garage door were not working. I selected AMC Garage Doors based on reviews in Angies list and it's close location. I was able to open the door with the wall mounted switch so this was not an emergency. I called AMC late on a Sunday morning and left a vocie message explaining hte problem. I asked if someone could come out on Monday. Victor called back about one hour later. He first wanted to troubleshoot the problem over the phone figuring that it was something that I could fix myself. Since I am not real handy and the door and opener had not been tuned up in tow years I asked Victor if he could out out on Monday. An appointment was set up for between 8 - 9 AM. Victor arrived right on time and showed me that I had accidentally set the lock on the wall control (pretty embarrassing for me). He also said that the door was in really good shape and didn't need a tune-up. He did some tests and show me a safety test to perform every six months as well as where to lubricate if I started hearing noises. It is refreshing to find a knowledgeable, HONEST repair service.

11/29/2011

Thomas K.

Victor from AMC Garage Doors showed up on time and replaced the garage door spring. He was polite and professional. I would definitely use him again and refer him out. Not only did he beat other estimates, he gave me additional discount for finding his company on Angie's List.

Description of Work
Garage door tension spring snapped and needed to be replaced. This required a service call.

10/25/2011

Jim L.

My garage door broke on Sunday afternoon and I was very worried that I had to leave my car outside overnight. On Monday morning I called two different companies to see which one could come first. One of them said the next day but Victor said he could come in the late afternoon around 5 or 6. He actually came a bit earlier to my delight. He fixed it in no time. It sounds quieter than before. I'm very pleased and I was very happy with the price.

Description of Work
Adjust cables and spring. Lubed door.

07/28/2011

JOHN M.

Victor came out and gave me an estimate in a very timely manner. His estimate beat another that I had by about $200. He was also able to install my new door within just a few days of his estimate. My entire experience with AMC was pleasant and professional. Victor just performed as he promised and I was able to count on him. I would definitely use AMC again.

Description of Work
AMC installed a new 16' x 7' raised panel garage door on my home garage. They connected my old garage door motor to my new door. They hauled away my old door.

07/26/2011

NOELLE G.

All details are listed above.

Description of Work
Six months ago I found Victor of AMC Garage Doors on Angie's List. He fixed my garage door at that time. It was a simple thing that happened and it took him a few minutes to fix it. My garage door would not open on Saturday (7/23/11) so I called Victor. His schedule did not permit him to get to my place until today (Monday.) He works weekdays only. This job also took him a matter of minutes. He is very conscientious, friendly, and really knows what he is doing. He will always be my first choice when my garage door needs repairing.

05/08/2011

Jon L.

We were locked out of the garage as 2 remotes would not open the door. Victor came out and fixed it and was professional and did a good job. Prices were reasonable. He is coming out next week to put a new door in for our neighbor and do some more work for us. Honest guy, he could have ripped us off but he didn't. We will use him in the future for sure.

04/08/2011

Heather O.

Victor was great!! He was on time and did a quality job. I needed to replace a single garage door. I had Victor install a single garage door, an automatic opener and replace the wood frame (not the wood trim) on the door opening. Victor pointed out that the wood frame had termite damage and did a great job replacing it. I have rentals and I rehab houses for a living, I would use Victor again in a minute.

Description of Work
Install single garage door, Installed opener, repaired and replaced wood frame around garage door opening

04/03/2011

JILL M.

I called and explained that my garage door seemed to have a broken cable. He was very courteous on the phone. We made an appointment for the following Saturday between 12:00 and 1:00. He did not show up at all that day. I decided to call someone else.

Description of Work
Did not perform any service.

12/16/2010

Mary V.

They gave me a good price and good quality doors. He came when he said when he was going to come. He was professional.

Description of Work
AMC Garage Doors replaced some garage doors in June.

06/09/2010

Norman C.

I called AMC and Victor answered promptly. I told him the problem, gave me his plan and cost, and he came in after a couple hours. He replaced the cable, aligned, calibrated and lubricated the doors, and cleaned-up his work. Very professional and straight forward individual. He will be my permanent garage door guy.

Description of Work
I had the garage door cable snapped-out of the spool on one side, leaving the door in a skewed position and won't close all the way.

05/21/2010

Mike Y.

He fixed the chain but the door was a little off. I called him again and he came back out the next day and fixed it completely. His service, professionalism, and punctuality are outstanding. All I ask is that I get what I paid for and he delivered above and beyond. I will definitely be using him for all future work done to our garage doors (upgrade next year).

Description of Work
The gear that drives the chain for the garage door snapped off. Victor came out the next day and fixed it.

04/18/2010

Scott N.

Excellent service and the best price around for the product and installation. Victor was an absolute professional in his work, started ontime and was done in a few hours. He cleaned up after himself and gave me a crash course on how to use all of the features that the new system had. If only I had another garage, I would use his company again. I highly recommend him to anyone looking to replace their garage door.

Description of Work
Replaced old garage door with an insulated door with steel onboth sides and a 1/2 horsepower garage door opener.

11/23/2009

WILLIAM Z.

He worked quickly and cleanly, and took care with my things. I would definitely recommend him.

Description of Work
The cables had come off the spools on the garage door. Victor came out and rewound the springs ($65) and readjusted the tracks while he was at it. The previous installer had bolted the door arm bracket directly to the door, and it had really started to wreck the panel. Victor moved the whole assembly and reinforced the attachment point for another $35, since he was already there.