Lopez Tree Service

Founded 1990 • With Angi since April 2009

Owner operated, No Sub contractors, Contractor Lic# - 997458Certified Arborist on staff, 10% Discount to all new customers. Award winning. Family owned & operated. Additional address - 440 N Mar Vista Ave, Pasadena CA 91106.

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español

tree service (521)lawn care (23)lawn & landscaping (11)leaf removal (6)firewood company (6)gutter cleaning (3)

08/19/2020

Dale D.

Arturo and his team did a great job cleaning up and removing a lot of overgrowth in our trees. They were very professional and got the large job done in a day. The price was also more reasonable than some of the companies that also had certified Arborists. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Tree trimming on 5 California Sycamores.

Work Completed On 04/13/2020

05/28/2020

RICHARD Z.

Arturo was able to send a crew out the same day I called, since I had a relatively small job and he already had a crew working at a different home in the same neighborhood. They took care of all of the items he had identified as potential issues, and did a thorough job of cleaning up once the work was done.

Description of Work
Tree trimming for compliance with LAFD regulations

Work Completed On 05/22/2020

02/12/2020

Marilee T.

Arrived on time with proper equipment, courteous, cleaned up well. Finished in less than 2 hours. I like it that the stump is now mulch in the yard.

Description of Work
Tree removal

Work Completed On 02/11/2020

01/05/2020

David M.

TERRIBLE. I called and left my name and phone number on their message service and they never returned my call to either indicate they can do the work or to schedule a date to come out to look at the work to be done so that they can give me a fee to do the work.

Description of Work
Need to trim the branches of two palm trees

Work Completed On 01/05/2020

10/28/2019

Maurice O.

They are excellent and are polite and respectful. The owner is always available and gives very good prices.They are always well manned and have the equipment needed. I have used them for years and I would highly recommend them. I will continue to use them. They work neat and safe all the time, no damages whatsoever. The price is always competitive and a good value for the service.

Description of Work
They trim all the trees on my property

Work Completed On 10/24/2019

Hello [Member Name Removed] thank you so much we appreciate the opportunity to serve you for all your tree service needs .

08/23/2019

katherine D.

arturo came out to look at job i needed; tree stump removal and trim a king palm tree. proposal written up, i accepted. he never got back with me to set up a date to do the service. i texted him on 2 separate days. i finally sent him an e mail and told him how i felt about his customer service. if he decided he didn't want the job, he could have texted me to let me know. he apologized; i accepted, but now i am left searching again.

Description of Work
stump removal

Work Completed On 08/05/2019

07/27/2019

Lea P.

Showed up on time, trimmed the ours trees, remove a large tree that was perilously close to our neighbor's house. Strongly recomment

Description of Work
Trimmed out trees

Work Completed On 07/23/2019

10/15/2018

Belinda F.

Did a great job. Knowledgeable and professional and reasonably priced compared to other quotes received.

Description of Work
Several trees and clearing of bushes

Work Completed On 09/13/2018

10/10/2018

Maurice O.

Description of Work
They trim all the trees on my property including some very tall trees.

Work Completed On 10/07/2018

06/20/2018

Robert W.

It went very well We had used their services three years ago for trimming the same tree and removing excess trees from the back yard. They came when they said they woiuld and their completed the work in less than one day. Their bid was actually the lowest--although all bids were within 500 dollars of the same ballpark. The head of the company handled the stump chomping machine, and he was there the whole time; his workers were efficient and left the yard clean. At our request they dumped the new mulch into our driveway.

Description of Work
removed a large tree from back yard and shaved the wood into mulch for our yard

Work Completed On 06/14/2018

06/02/2018

LARRY G.

As usual, Roberto, who has previously removed a palm and several cypresses and trimmed other palms, was easy to connect with, prompt to offer an estimate [based on a photograph I sent him], and schedule a time for the removal of some ten dead cypresses. He and his crew arrived on time, worked efficiently and well, minimizing mess and disruption. The trees were in a tight spot and they were able to work without disturbing surrounding plants.

Description of Work
Removal of ten dead cypresses

Work Completed On 05/18/2018

03/06/2018

ismael O.

Horrible service gave a price quotation and never showed up with a return text messages

Description of Work
Tree service

02/23/2018

Coleen N.

They were very knowledgeable and great to deal with.

Description of Work
Spring tree trimming

Work Completed On 02/22/2018

02/05/2018

Christine H.

Excellent. The two-man team showed up right on time, performed the work and finished within the timeframe I was given. During the process, they asked for my opinion about how everything looked and asked if I was satisfied, or wanted anything different. They were professional and friendly and the trees look so much better!

Description of Work
I had 5 Italian Cypress trees that needed topping and a California Pepper Tree that needed trimming and thinning.

Work Completed On 01/20/2018

01/07/2018

KAREN B.

Arturo Lopez came to our house to provide a free estimate. He took the time to walk around the yard, answer our questions, and make recommendations. He is an arborist and is licensed and insured. We were happy with his qualifications and his recommendations, and hired him. On the day scheduled for the work, his crew (including his father, Arturo Sr., who was extremely fit and as personable as his son) showed up about ten or fifteen minutes early and got right to work. The job took about seven hours. The crew worked very hard, performed all the agreed-upon work, and cleaned up so well that the front and back yard both looked better when they left than when they had arrived. We are very pleased with the job they did, and would happily hire them in the future.

Description of Work
We needed to remove a large pine tree which had died during the drought and was blown over by heavy winds. We also had two other large trees and some smaller trees and a large bush that required trimming. We also had leaves and pine needles on our roof that my husband and I could not reach to clean off. The last time we had our trees trimmed was several years ago.

Work Completed On 01/04/2018

Review for Lopez Tree Service - 541 Mountain View St, Altadena, CA - 36732914

12/19/2017

mary P.

never scheduled appt. he was supposed to get back to me never did, I contacted him several times with promises he would call next week. never did

Description of Work
needed tree trimming. quote for $700

Work Completed On 12/19/2017

10/18/2017

Michael C.

They were great, showed up on time, cleaned up afterwards.

Description of Work
Tree Trimming

Work Completed On 08/31/2017

10/07/2017

Joyce T.

Arturo stayed the entire job. The work was done quickly and efficiently and clean up was perfect. They even cleaned out the gutters. Arturo is very busy, but worth the wait. I plan on using Lopez Tree Service again. They know what they are doing.

Description of Work
Arturo and his men took out 4 trees, and trimmed 7 others.

Work Completed On 10/07/2017

10/02/2017

LINDA W.

The work got off to a rocky start after I emailed a signed and dated estimate at the owner's request. I assumed he received it, but apparently it ended up in his spam mailbox. After an initial negative review reported to Angies List, the owner contacted me; and we rescheduled. Communications was much improved afterwards. The crew arrived on time and did a very good job thinning and shaping the tree. They also did a good job cleaning up the debris. I suggest that the owner confirm receipt of emailed signed estimates from future customers to avoid the miscommunication I encountered.

Description of Work
A tall, large magnolia tree was thinned and shaped and the length of some branches was reduced away from the roof.

Work Completed On 10/12/2017

09/25/2017

Nora J.

Pros: Easy to schedule and came right on time. Good price. Did a very good job with elm pruning; kept shape of trees and pruned out a lot of foliage (these grow like weeds, so that is good!). Cleaned up everything very well, even my gutters. Did a great job removing the stumps and ash. Cons: The crew was a little messy with the pruning of the elm trees. It may be the amount of foliage they took out or the type of tree, but they dropped the limbs on the ground and some of my stuff. They cleaned it all up and it looked great after, however, they did hit a rusty water pipe which broke and I will have to get repaired and they did break a metal shepherds hook which I used to hang bird feeders. Overall, I liked the service and would call them again.

Description of Work
Removal of a tall ash volunteer, prune two large Chinese elms, remove one large apple tree stump and one small ash stump.

Work Completed On 09/19/2017

08/14/2017

Jon P.

Timely and efficiently. Was able to complete an additional job on the day of.

Description of Work
Trimmed trees as agreed.

Work Completed On 08/14/2017

07/08/2017

LISA S.

Excellent results. Trees look completely natural and clean-up was exceptionally thorough. Took some extra time to talk to my neighbor regarding trimming of a lot line tree.

Description of Work
Natural crown shaping of mature trees

Work Completed On 07/08/2017

06/08/2017

Pamela R.

We've been using them for a number of years.