Palatin Remodeling Inc

Founded 1989 • With Angi since March 2012

28720 Roadside Dr Ste 152

Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Palatin Remodeling was founded by Gil Palatin with the goal of transforming Southern California houses into the dream homes their residents have always imagined. Bringing more than 27 years of home remodeling experience, the vision of Palatin Remodeling has always been to design, build and create the perfect place to live for your lifestyle. We take pride in our attention to detail and in our ability to enhance the quality of life of homeowners throughout the region. Our desire to be the best in Southern California means we’re focused on creating the ultimate remodel, exterior design or whole home renovation that suits your needs and your personality. And as always, our team leaves your home in better condition than when we found it, cleaning up all messes and leaving every room in your home ready for immediate occupancy. We’re not only sure you’ll love the final look of your remodeled home, but we’re positive you’ll want to take every opportunity you can to show it off. Additional Phone Number - (818) 262-0627....

11/30/2019

Jesse F.

We had an extensive remodel of our kitchen, flooring, bathroom, electrical, plumbing, windows, HVAC, and more. We love our new home! Gil was always very responsive to all questions we had, and was willing to meet with us often. He helped advise us with questions we had along the way and we are very happy with the outcome. His team was very nice and helpful as well. The whole job was done very quickly and we feel structural work was completed very safely and to high standards!

Description of Work
Kitchen, bathroom, HVAC, flooring, plumbing, framing, and more

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

02/12/2019

Roger B.

Gil & Company just finished a room addition to our guesthouse, effectively adding a bedroom. Might seem like a cinch or a project, but it was actually quite complicated in some ways. Gil certainly did not disappoint. What a great experience! He is the perfect combination of ultra-competent, ethical and dedicated. He stayed on schedule and on budget, even saving us money in some cases along the way. He's a real artisan and outstanding problem solver. The result was perfection. Adding a bedroom onto our guesthouse was a meaningful project for me because it gives our daughter and son-in-law a place to live and, in particular, lets me keep them nearby for a while longer. So in a very real way Gil made an important dream of ours come true. Can't say enough great things about Palatin.

Description of Work
Room Addition

02/12/2019

Clint A.

I did a major master bath remodel with Palatin and am extremely pleased with my choice to work with them. Gil is very responsive, pays attention to the details, is very hands on, and quick to address any questions or concerns. I definitely recommend Palatin and will be using them for other remodel jobs.

Description of Work
Master bath remodel

01/13/2019

Linda F.

Everything great everyone says is true! Gil Palatin & Palatin Remodeling are a joy to work with. We just recently remodeled our kitchen, laundry room, and a small hallway. There was someone here working every single day, timelines were kept, problems were quickly solved, the estimate was dead on. At the end of the job, everything looked so good that Gil insisted that we get the floors of the adjoining rooms sanded. He was so eager for us to do this, he offered to put us up in a hotel!! He was probably only kidding but we stayed with a friend. Now, it looks like we remodeled our entire house, when in reality, we only did the kitchen! Six months have now passed since we finished construction and we've just hired him to redo our roof. Clearly, that says it all.

Description of Work
Kitchen/laundry room remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, lighting, masonry, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, home builders, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

12/29/2018

Matt G.

We LOVE our new bathroom!!! Gil came in to bid our project, provided a great price and by the next day, we had our tile picked out, permits were pulled and the next day our bathroom was demo’d and we were on our way! Gil’s workers were all very professional and worked clean through the entire project. Our only delays were due to the tile we picked (not Gil’s fault) and the vanity that we chose that took a little longer to be delivered. I’m every case, once an item was available, Gil’s guys were there right away to install. We were all done in about 3 weeks. Hearing so many horror stories, I was so nervous, but this was a great experience and now we have a beautiful bathroom that we are so happy with!

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

10/08/2018

Shane T.

Our house was built in 1967 and the bathrooms had little or no updates since then. We needed all 3 bathrooms remodeled ( Master, Guest & our kid’s bath). After reviewing Yelp and Google reviews on several companies in our area I reached out to three of them for estimates. The estimates were all within a couple thousand dollars of each other and I ended up going with Palatin Remodeling based their customer reviews and the fact that they had been in business here for decades. In addition to the quality of the work, my other concern was how long it was going to take. Gil Palatin said he needed about 2 months but also depended upon how long we took to make our material selections, etc. Well get this, they started the demo of the first bathroom on August 3rd and they had all three completed with final inspection sign-off by September 17th. That’s 45 days for three bathrooms start to finish! So in order to keep this as short as possible I will give you a quick list of bullet points to summarize my experience with Gil Palatin and his team at Palatin Remodeling: - Careful, they took steps to protect the flooring in my home by covering the pathways to the bathrooms from start to finish. - Great communication, Gil made sure I always knew what the plan was and who would be at our home doing what the next day. - Quality, the workmanship was excellent. If we ever had a concern about how something looked Gil and his guys was very attentive. - Clean, let’s face it, it’s a messy project and it can be hard but they did a great job trying to minimize the mess and cleaned up each day. - Flexible, during the process you may change your mind or want to add something and Gil was very accommodating and quick to incorporate the changes. - Reasonable. It’s inherent during an project like this that you are going to encounter unforeseen issues and I’m the first to admit that I can be difficult. When issues did arise, Gil was very pragmatic and professional and ensured they were resolved to my satisfaction. - In short, Gil Palatin told me what he was going to do and how much it was going to cost when he tendered the estimate and after signing with him he did exactly that. During the process if I added anything to the scope that increased cost he was straight forward and completely reasonable. I was not “nickel and dimed” and there were no surprises on the final invoice. My wife are very happy with our experience with Palatin Remodeling and recommend them to anyone looking to remodel their home. (I have attached a few photos from my phone but they really don’t do the work justice, it was quite a transformation.)

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

05/03/2018

Jitesh P.

Overall very good work. Owner, Gil, is approachable, reasonable, and responsive. His crew did a great job with the final project.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodelling

01/08/2018

Abigail F.

I hired Gil Palatin to remodel my master bath last October. I interviewed three different contractors, and Gil was actually the last I spoke to. I had been planning on using the other guy (who was more expensive)! He wasn't the most expensive, and he wasn't the cheapest. Gil is NOT a salesman (he's very direct, which I appreciate), but I am so glad something in me said I should trust him, and I signed with him. Gil told me that my bathroom would be complete in three weeks - and he was true to his word. I've never actually experienced that with a contractor before! That said, you have to be ready to go too - you have to have all your materials (cabinets, tile, etc) picked out in a timely fashion and delivered to your house. He's not a magician if you can't make up your mind, or you aren't able to keep to his pace. His team is helpful, polite, and punctual. There were only two changes (additional charges) to our original contract - one, because I decided I didn't like the trim around the shower niche and wanted to re-do it another way (entirely my fault), and two, because our toilet plumbing needed to be moved a bit unexpectedly due to the new toilet I chose. My new bathroom looks fantastic - so good, that I immediately hired him to do our hallway bathroom next. I have gotten so many compliments, and i LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I've given his name to two of my friends - one of them has already used him too, and loves her bathroom as well. Hire him. You won't be disappointed.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodels

Category home remodeling

12/11/2017

Madelynn F.

really well. this was our first home improvement project. We finally had the money to remodel our bathroom and found the excellent reviews for Palatin Remodeling here. Since we were new to remodeling, Gil was great at walking us through the process. He was in close communication with us and he and his crew were professional and courteous. We only have one bathroom so Gil was great about moving the process along quickly without sacrificing workmanship. I highly recommend Gil and Palatin Remodeling. Really on top of the project, did a great job and cares about his work and reputation. A pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

10/25/2017

Blanca M.

Crew was prompt. Arrived every day promptly at eight and work was done very well.

Description of Work
Remodel two bathrooms.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, ceiling fans, marble & granite, interior painters

09/06/2017

Paul S.

We started on first week of July with an estimate of 4-5 weeks. We made some tweaks and modifications and our floors were rotted through so this needed upgrading which pushed our costs higher but we anticipated that. The process was a bit slower than we anticipated but everything was fine right. Finishing was excellent. Highly responsive. Roberto the foreman and Gil were always available.

Description of Work
Updating a 1935 bathroom to the 21st century.

Category home remodeling

08/16/2017

Barbranne H.

We are very happy with both rooms. They are now up to code and beautiful. So much nicer to look at and be in, especially in comparison to what we had. The cost with Palatin was around $22,000.00 but my out of pocket cost was actually more as I chose upgrades like more expensive tile, mirrored medicine cabinets, frameless shower door, new ceiling fans, lights, and Kohler toilets. Plus, I needed to special order sink/vanities and a toilet all with smaller widths than what could be found in local stores.

Description of Work
I originally signed up to have one bathroom redone but I truly needed both and I hired Palatin Remodeling to do both of them. They were both fully gutted. I had the one with a bathtub & shower done first and the smallest bathroom with just a shower, sink, and toilet done second. Both bathrooms are pretty small and both had parts that were out of code.

07/31/2017

Christian A.

Very well. Had some issues with details (uneven painting, scuffing medicine cabinet accidentally, tiny bumps on drywall) but nothing detrimental. Also, had to come back to adjust after installing shower doors incorrectly. However, very responsive, friendly, reasonable and willing to correct whatever issues. Also threw in a few things, like painting the stucco, even if that wasn't part of the deal.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel. Drywall, stucco, plumbing,framing, tiling, electrical, window replacement, flooring, painting, the works.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, ceiling fans, stucco, home remodeling, house painters

07/27/2017

Nora W.

Not calling anymore people from Angie's list!!

Description of Work
Wanted to remodel bathroom, they were promo, but from the add it was misleading, the owner came and stated I'll give you estimate after I check to see what needs to be done, I was willing to pay a little more, but $30,000.00?? Was a little too much!! He said he would give us a senior citizen discount, I think it was $23,000.00?? What a big differences !!! I think this was a "fishing game trying to hook a customer and I was the bate!! I'm hestitate to call anymore people from Angie's list!! Nora wong

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Hi [Member Name Removed], sorry to hear that you believe that $5899 we can demolish 3 supporting walls, 3 closets, build new walls, relocate complete shower with engineering and plan check from city. I am sorry that it cost so much. I tried to show you a different way for $23.000 or other way for $19,000 including senior discount. But none of it can be done with $5899 promotion For 3 hours I designed for you 3 ways to do your bathroom and I am sure you will choose one of them. Again, there is certain work that have much more involved. If you need me I am here and will be happy to help you Sincerely Gil

06/26/2017

Eiko K.

They were puncual and neat and were very efficient doing the job.

Description of Work
Remove the black moll.

06/26/2017

susan A.

Very good, professional and personable.

Description of Work
Move refrigerator and replace kitchen sink faucet.

06/21/2017

Jason G.

Everything was great, punctual, quality and very good communication.

Description of Work
Knocking out and painting walls, some bathroom remodle

04/02/2017

SHARYN H.

Everything went very well. They were always on time and they worked hard all day (not a few hours a day like some others). The tile looks beautiful and so does the paint job. The floor is level and no creaking floor! The guys were courteous and professional. They did a high quality job in exactly the time estimated for the project. I am extremely pleased with the way the bathroom looks now. I wish I had done it sooner. Gil, the owner was very professional and very easy to work with.

Description of Work
I had an old linoleum floor in my small bathroom and the floor creaked badly. Gil's crew took everything out, replaced the tub, redid the plumbing according to new code( I have an old house), leveled the floor, tiled the shower walls and floor, including the hallway outside the bathroom and lastly put back the cabinets and toilet I kept. They also painted at the end.

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

03/08/2017

Jamie P.

In case you are only reading the first one or two lines of these reviews, let me just say that Gil has to be one of the most professional and personable contractors around!! The quality of his work is nothing less than top-notch. In short, GIL IS AMAZING!!!!! Palatin remodeling took care of everything! Architects, permits and design etc. We agreed upon a price and there were NO hidden or extra charges! On top of everything else, they finished ahead of schedule! The crew worked non stop, Whatever unforeseen problems there were, Gil bore the burden and took care of everything! This was a huge job, We removed a load-bearing wall, remodeled the kitchen, 2 bathrooms and added a Powder room. Added gas, water and electrical lines Here’s our story: We were looking to purchase a new home.. We immediately fell in love with the area, but not the house, We called Palatin remodeling before we purchased the house to see about a the cost of a few repairs, he had such terrific ideas and visions , we bought the house, If he hadn’t come that day we would not have bought the house and missed out on our perfect home! Because of all the contractor horrors you hear about I interviewed an additional 6 contractors and still hired Palatin . In talking with his workers, Sammie, Bencio, Roberto and Manuel plus others, they are not day laborers, they are part of his team and staff. They put up with me on a daily basis taking photos of their work and measuring to make sure everything was perfect and it was!! The house is now finished, we have moved in, and everything works perfectly. With Gil and Palatin remodeling it’s hard to believe the construction horror stories you hear about with other contractors, because the biggest problem we had was to decide which accessories we wanted. There are a lot of contractors out there to choose from, but not a lot with the work ethics and integrity that Gil Palatin has shown. Please see the unbelievable pictures of the amazing transformation.

Description of Work
Remodeling of home, kitchen and bathrooms, add gas line, electrical line

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, insulation, lighting, masonry, plumbing, remodeling, ceiling fans, marble & granite, architect, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

02/21/2017

Jeremy S.

The short version of this review is that Gil Palatin and Palatin Remodeling are the best in the business and you should hire them immediately. Gil is honest, fair, proud of his work, committed to his time line and a good person. The long version is this: My wife and I needed to remodel our home. We had a second baby on the way and needed more space. We didn't know what we wanted to do or how to go about doing it. We called and met with 3 different contractors. The first 2 we met were good but didn't have any ideas or suggestions that stuck out to us. When we met Gil from Palatin Remodeling, we knew that he was the contractor with whom we wanted to work. He immediately had great ideas (move the kitchen from side of house to center of house), talked us out of our expensive bad ideas (no second floor), showed genuine enthusiasm for the project, was exceedingly honest about what we would have to do (move out, pricing, timing) and his pricing was fair. Additionally, he told us he could do the job in 4 months or less. This was exciting for us because we wanted to spend the least possible amount of time out of our home. After my wife and I discussed our options, we went with Gil. He immediately got to work with the design and planning portions of the project. His communication during this period was excellent (as it was during the whole project). He would call, text and email us updates as they occurred. We had never dealt with this type of project and his communication while the city dragged its feet on approving everything kept us calm. Once the plans were approved and a start date was set, Palatin got to work! I've heard horror stories about contractors starting a project and then leaving for weeks/months at a time while the house was uninhabitable and the customer could do nothing but wait. That was not the case for us! On the first day of work, a crew showed up and begin construction. Not a couple guys kicking around and pointing aimlessly; these guys came ready to get the job started and completed. It seemed as though Gil had let them know that they had 4 months to completely tear down my house and rebuild it. They got the message and responded by showing up every day and working very efficiently. The demo and rebuild went as smoothly as these things can go. There were unforeseen issues that came up (old plumbing line that needed to be completely replaced and a portion of the roof that was crumbling) but Gil always notified us immediately and explained everything. We never felt as though we were being misled or taken advantage of. This level of trust is very important when dealing with contractors because they have you in a very precarious situation. My family and I moved out at the beginning of August which meant Palatin would need to complete the job by November 30 to keep to the four month schedule. We moved back in to our home the day before Thanksgiving! Gil not only kept his word but finished ahead of schedule. I can't express how much this meant to us and how important it is to have a contractor that can hold firm to their deadlines. We used to live in a home that was built in 1948, had 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, a small kitchen and separate living and dining rooms. It was a nice home with good charm but there was a lot of wasted space and it was a bit crammed. We now live in a home that was built in 2016 (on a 1948 frame), kept and increased the charm, really increased space (4th bedroom, 3rd bathroom), has all the amenities of a brand new home and is a total joy to live in. I can't speak highly enough about Gil and his business. Everyone said, "they tell you 4 months but it'll really be 6 or 8," or "they tell you 1 amount and hit you with hidden/surprise costs." We didn't experience any of that! Through and through Gil is an honest contractor whose pride and excitement in his work will not allow him to leave you with anything less than outstanding. Our quality of life has been improved incredibly because of this remodel and we have Gil, his vision and his crews to thank for that. I have recommended him to friends and will continue to use him as additional needs surface. I apologize if I sound overly enthusiastic but good work deserves good praise. Thanks for reading and I hope I made your search easier. *Please excuse the mess in the pics. We had just moved back in and had a lot of organizing to do.

Description of Work
Complete home remodel. 4th bedroom added. 3rd bathroom added. Kitchen moved.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, hardwood floor, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, home builders, marble & granite, architect, stucco, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, cabinet refacing, doors

02/21/2017

Jeremy S.

Description of Work
Home remodel. Fourth bedroom added. Third bathroom added. Kitchen moved.

02/01/2017

Lily P.

Their timeline was amazing and exceptional. The company presented themselves professionally with great supervision. They were also reliable based on their work and completion. Our bathroom looks great and met my expectation stress-free. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
We had our family bathroom completely enovated.

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, ceiling fans, interior painters

01/03/2017

darren F.

Let me start by saying that for as long as I live I will never use another contractor other than Gil. I was in a nightmare remodeling project that basically had to be completely ripped out. Gil and his crew are honest, hard working and very detailed. I live more than 50 miles from him and he is still on property with me at least 3 times a week. For quick questions he is always answering his phone and texts. Honestly, the thing that makes Gil the best is that he treats you like you're his only client. It sounds really simple but you'd be amazed how many others treat you like a number. He's a very personable guy and like I said his crew is first class. They've been working on my house for more than 9 weeks and never have I questioned leaving them alone for most of the day. In fact, for about a month I decided to actually move out of the house and everyday when I locked up I never once saw anything that made me raise an eyebrow. He's just a very professional, very nice person and he does excellent work. Take it from me, someone who has been through a REAL contracting nightmare. Gil has been a savior to my house and my life. You never know how crazy things can get until a contractor basically blows up your house. It can ruin your life! Gil is the man. The buck stops with Palatin Remodeling.

Description of Work
Needed to fix and finish prior contractor's work. Complete home remodel.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, glass repair, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, fireplaces, ceiling fans, marble & granite, stucco, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

11/10/2016

Sandra U.

): It was a nightmare. Sloppy work, a total lack of quality, and no careful inspections by the nonworking "manager" or contractor. The work was done by day laborers who had no vested interest in the company. Gil (contractor) had promised he would be "around all the time" but primarily ended up coming just to collect money. It was a 2-week job that ended up being over triple that. When I expressed concern about additional costs for the vanity and 6 other items, he said "to ease my mind" he'd put it in the contract that they would not exceed $2500. I was to send him product/store info and he'd purchase them, but a month later he hadn't ordered and told me to purchase these items, then he still tried to collect on this twice "because it was in the contract". I trusted they would be professional but grew concerned after seeing them put in the floor tiles early on with no protection and then finding spoonfuls of plaster and paint all over my new tile. I voiced my concerns but they dismissed me. I put some paper down but it was too late. Then I see a worker scraping off the new tiles with a metal knife! This is a partial list of problems: Used the wrong color grout for the shower but insisted it was just wet and it looked fine (I had to mention this several times before they redid it); they left the demolitioned wall with holes as is with no baseboard under the vanity (yes, I insisted a new guy come fix this but why couldn't they spot this first?) Other issues: Messy paint job, leaving dents, painting over bumps, and the top of the window unpainted; After 4 tries, the window still had paint all over the glass (they did not tape around anything); crooked floor tile with uneven spacing; sharp edges on the shower niche and globs of paint on its side; the mirror was put up attached on top but angled outward on the bottom. Second try they cracked the corners of the mirror but again, it had to be pointed out to them and they colored it in; sloppy caulking of the backsplash (holes and not straight) and the sinks weren't done until I brought it up twice; installed right faucet handle crooked and drain did not shut correctly; chipped and left scratches on the counter; installed the vanity within minutes of repainting even though it was wet and they said it was uneven and the backsplash bowed; the "manager" promised to pick up a replacement but didn't; shower seat untiled underneath and plaster cracks all over; and putting in a defective aerator (faucet spout screen) and never returning my one good aerator. The list goes on, but you get the gist. There's something majorly wrong when the workers can't spot these things and the customer has to repeatedly point them out. When I pointed out after they were done painting that you could see where the medicine cabinets and fan hole were, the "manager" admitted they were planning to do more plastering work but the worker went straight to painting so he let it go. Hoping I wouldn't notice? Who works like this? On three occasions (emails) I had asked Gil for a breakdown of costs, and he said he would provide one. But at our last meeting, he angrily refused and said it's none of my business. He tells me part of the problem was that I was home all the time and didn't need to be and saw "little things." I tell him I'm not going to leave my home to strangers and I was very inconvenienced and stressed by staying home for over 6 weeks. He dismissed that asked why was I stressed! Gil took off just $300 to compensate for the time delays and problems but I was so frustrated by then I handed over the last payment so I could be done with him. I wrote "paid in full" on the memo line of the check. (A day later I check with my bank and he has crossed out "paid in full" for some reason). He then takes out a form that lists a bunch of statements like "customer is completely satisfied with the work" and will not write, say, or advertise anything bad about the work or company. I tell him I cannot sign that and ask him to leave. Even though some of the problems were corrected, it's their attitude and substandard work that is troubling. No pride in work and resistance to self check and correct on their own. The only bright spot was the subcontractor electrician Ari. He had a work ethic and took pride in his work. Presently, I have a running toilet, cracked shower grout, and warm, not hot shower water.

Description of Work
Complete bathroom remodel of a 4 ft 3 in. X 12 ft. space (plus tub area). Demolition, Removal of tub and replace with shower, retiling of shower and floor, and installation of new vanity, sinks, countertop, backsplash, lights, mirror, faucets, towel bars and toilet paper holder, and glass partition, shower head, and new toilet.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, plumbing, home remodeling

Please flag this Review, it was not given by one of our customers!

11/02/2016

Caitlin M.

Mounted & ran some electrical for TVs in an office. Quickly put together a full kitchen for me on a budget with a tight time line. All came out great!