Black Forest Craftsmen Inc

Founded 1986 • With Angi since October 2011

Black Forest Craftsman Inc was incorporated in September of 1996 and positioned itself to serve the custom residential markets of Los Angeles. A family owned business with a loyal, knowledgeable and experienced crew. The average tenure with the company is over twelve years, so even those not related are like family. This atmosphere is the key to quality and success: If we do not provide clients top quality and service, we are not only disappointing the clients, but letting down our family. Black Forest Craftsman Inc is committed to quality construction and excellent service, with an unparalleled ability to complete aesthetically, structurally and organizationally demand projects on time and with unmatched quality. We are a General Building Contractor, With a long list of Happy Customers!...

We specialize in all phases of remodeling for your home, business, bathrooms, kitchens, basements, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Allow Mike Guttman, with 30 years of experience in outdoor design and construction to integrate masonry and landscape and transform your outside living space into a beautiful place to come home to. Mike's designs have been featured on HGTV , is affordable and he has serviced the L.A. area from Los Feliz to Malibu including the Hollywood elite. Mike will meet with you personally for a consultation to artfully and masterfully integrate masonry with landscape design. His customer service and attention to detail has been awarded multiple Super Service Awards from Angie's List. Mike will personally spend time visiting with you to design the perfect outdoor space for your home. Spend time with Mike and see the difference. .

A1 American Roofing understands how important your home and business is to you and the significant investment involved for quality roof installation or roof restoration. As a reputable and professional roofing repair contractor, we offer years of roofing experience that includes a complete and comprehensive range of roof services that are designed to enhance curb appeal, provide energy efficiency and increase the value of your business or commercial property.

03/07/2013

no comment

Description of Work
no comment

Category remodeling

08/25/2012

Extremely well -- covered in the above discussion.

Description of Work
I hired Carsten Cramer of Black Forest Craftsmen, Inc. on 2 different occasions over the past decade, have been extremely impressed with the quality of his work, find him very personable / flexible / super easy to work with, would have no hesitation to hire him for a future project, and would highly recommend him to others. Carsten managed two separate mid-sized, high-end home-renovation projects for me that were each approximately $100k, which were both amazingly successful and transformed my Los-Feliz hills home. The first project was about 8 years ago and involved the following work: ripping out an existing marble staircase and replacing it with a custom-designed modern, slatted, free-floating one; major renovation of a downstairs office/bathroom suite; and constuction of a brand-new media room downstairs that represented additional square footage to my property. The work was stunning, opening up and transforming my living space and turning a dismal, dated downstairs space into a highlight of the home. The second project completed several years ago and involved a major repair to my home as well as a huge enhancement to my upstairs living space. My property is a 60's modern post-and-beam property; unfortunately, the outside portion of my beams had begun to dry rot and crumble forcing me into a major repair (the beams hang about 3 stories above the ground, requiring major scaffolding). I chose to renovate as well as repair and worked with Carsten on this project, combining a beam repair with a major renovation to my outdoor deck. We replaced on old wood railing on my deck with an architech-designed new custom stainless steel & glass railing, as well as new flooring, a new glass sliding door (opening the full width of the space, rather than only half the width); ripped out half-height single-pane windows in my living room and replaced them with floor-to-ceiling double-paned windows; and replaced the other 20 or so single-pane windows in my house with new modern double-paned windows. Once again, the repair and renovation work was seemless (making it appear as if my house had always been this way) and transformative, adding drama and major s**-appeal to the house and enhancing my already-amazing views. Both projects came in on budget as well. Beyond my 2 projects, I had previously seen a major home project (a new wing) that Carsten had built for a client in the Pacific Pallisades and was truly impressed with the quality of the worksmanship. Anyone considering a project with Carsten is welcome to contact me for further discussion. --------------------------------------- Some general advice on renovation projects: One should always keep in mind that on major renovations, there are always a few unexpected things that come up and add to the price and one should budget for this. Fortunately for me, these unexpected issues were very minor on my projects. Also, plan your design carefully upfront (as I did); if you make major changes in the middle, you will add unnecessary cost to any project.

Category contractors,decks,drywall,flooring contractor,remodeling,replacement windows,home builders,home remodeling,doors

07/17/2012

I have a very close friend who Carsten built a house for and he LOVED his work. I have also heard excellent reviews from an architect acquaintance who has worked with Carsten numerous times. I found his work to be meticulous and of the highest quality. I am usually complaining about the lack of communication, the lack of attention to details and the lack of pride in quality work. I did not have on...

Description of Work
Carsten installed 2 skylights and 2 windows as well as repair work on our roof and a number of other remodeling items.

Category remodeling,roofing,replacement windows,home builders,skylights

07/15/2012

From the moment Carsten Cramer arrived I was impressed. He had done a major remodel and addition for the previous owners. I decided based on the quality of the work I was now living with and the fact that he knew the house--I would give him a call. I was a bit apprehensive as I was afraid the scope of what needed would not be of interest to him. But Carsten came over, very quickly gave an estimate...

Description of Work
Refurnbished pie deck, demolished old and installed new housing for outdoor grill, painted interior, various electrical, plastering, various small jobs.

Category decks,electrician,plastering,remodeling,home builders,home remodeling,house painters

We do Kitchen and Bathrooms Remodels, Additions, Restorations, New Custom Homes Contemporary and Traditional.

American Express, Check, MasterCard, Visa