Black Forest Craftsmen Inc

Founded 1986 • With Angi since October 2011

5020 Dantes View Drive

Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Black Forest Craftsman Inc was incorporated in September of 1996 and positioned itself to serve the custom residential markets of Los Angeles. A family owned business with a loyal, knowledgeable and experienced crew. The average tenure with the company is over twelve years, so even those not

03/07/2013

Ron M.

no comment

Description of Work
no comment

Category remodeling

08/25/2012

Nathan S.

Extremely well -- covered in the above discussion.

Description of Work
I hired Carsten Cramer of Black Forest Craftsmen, Inc. on 2 different occasions over the past decade, have been extremely impressed with the quality of his work, find him very personable / flexible / super easy to work with, would have no hesitation to hire him for a future project, and would highly recommend him to others. Carsten managed two separate mid-sized, high-end home-renovation projects for me that were each approximately $100k, which were both amazingly successful and transformed my Los-Feliz hills home. The first project was about 8 years ago and involved the following work: ripping out an existing marble staircase and replacing it with a custom-designed modern, slatted, free-floating one; major renovation of a downstairs office/bathroom suite; and constuction of a brand-new media room downstairs that represented additional square footage to my property. The work was stunning, opening up and transforming my living space and turning a dismal, dated downstairs space into a highlight of the home. The second project completed several years ago and involved a major repair to my home as well as a huge enhancement to my upstairs living space. My property is a 60's modern post-and-beam property; unfortunately, the outside portion of my beams had begun to dry rot and crumble forcing me into a major repair (the beams hang about 3 stories above the ground, requiring major scaffolding). I chose to renovate as well as repair and worked with Carsten on this project, combining a beam repair with a major renovation to my outdoor deck. We replaced on old wood railing on my deck with an architech-designed new custom stainless steel & glass railing, as well as new flooring, a new glass sliding door (opening the full width of the space, rather than only half the width); ripped out half-height single-pane windows in my living room and replaced them with floor-to-ceiling double-paned windows; and replaced the other 20 or so single-pane windows in my house with new modern double-paned windows. Once again, the repair and renovation work was seemless (making it appear as if my house had always been this way) and transformative, adding drama and major s**-appeal to the house and enhancing my already-amazing views. Both projects came in on budget as well. Beyond my 2 projects, I had previously seen a major home project (a new wing) that Carsten had built for a client in the Pacific Pallisades and was truly impressed with the quality of the worksmanship. Anyone considering a project with Carsten is welcome to contact me for further discussion. --------------------------------------- Some general advice on renovation projects: One should always keep in mind that on major renovations, there are always a few unexpected things that come up and add to the price and one should budget for this. Fortunately for me, these unexpected issues were very minor on my projects. Also, plan your design carefully upfront (as I did); if you make major changes in the middle, you will add unnecessary cost to any project.

Category contractors, decks, drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, replacement windows, home builders, home remodeling, doors

07/17/2012

Peter S.

I have a very close friend who Carsten built a house for and he LOVED his work. I have also heard excellent reviews from an architect acquaintance who has worked with Carsten numerous times. I found his work to be meticulous and of the highest quality. I am usually complaining about the lack of communication, the lack of attention to details and the lack of pride in quality work. I did not have one instance where I might complain of any of that with Carsten. I have very high standards which are usually not met, but Carsten met every one. Attention to detail, communication with his client, quality of work, commitment to promised schedule. If you are planning on any construction, I would suggest you look long and hard at working with Black Forest Craftsmen. There are too many other people in the business who will lead to frustration and tears. I'm just sayin'.

Description of Work
Carsten installed 2 skylights and 2 windows as well as repair work on our roof and a number of other remodeling items.

Category remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, home builders, skylights

07/15/2012

leslie a L.

From the moment Carsten Cramer arrived I was impressed. He had done a major remodel and addition for the previous owners. I decided based on the quality of the work I was now living with and the fact that he knew the house--I would give him a call. I was a bit apprehensive as I was afraid the scope of what needed would not be of interest to him. But Carsten came over, very quickly gave an estimate, and began work within the next couple of days. The quality of the work was great, his team professional and accommodating, and they are familiar with high end finishes, fixtures, and details. I was so happy that I then had them back to paint, plaster, and wallpaper the entire house. Once again i was very impressed with Carsten and his team. I am already thinking about my next projects and look forward to working with Black Forest Craftsmen.

Description of Work
Refurnbished pie deck, demolished old and installed new housing for outdoor grill, painted interior, various electrical, plastering, various small jobs.

Category decks, electrician, plastering, remodeling, home builders, home remodeling, house painters

LSM Drywall & Painting

LSM DRYWALL & PAINTING: Our Service is to Repair Drywall & Plaster holes caused by Water, Fire & Smoke damage in ceilings & walls, then we prime & paint the damaged area or the entire wall and/or ceiling. "Drywall, Painting & Plaster repairs done like the damage never happened." We also remove Wallpaper, Install Baseboard, Crown Molding, Insulation & New Tile Grouting, Demolition, Framing & refinishing wood Decks. See new photos!!!. WE do NOT accept deposits, but progress payments are gladly accepted in the form of Cash or Local Checks. CREDIT CARDS THROUGH ANGI-PAY AND VENMO, ZELLE, PAYPAL & CASH CARD. DUE TO THE RECENT OUTBREAK OF CORONA VIRUS WE'VE TAKEN STEPS TO INSURE YOU'RE SAFETY INCLUDING TESTING OF ALL OUR PEOPLE, WEARING MASKS & GLOVES. YOUR SAFETY IS OUR MOST IMPORTANT ASSET.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers by LSM Drywall & Painting on Angi
    Bragar Landscaping

Providing exceptional service for over 42 years as an environmental protector. I offer a variety of drought-tolerant trees, plants, shrubs, and succulents that would look great in your yard. I use unique and environmentally friendly hardscaping materials to design and build your dream yard. I ensure that your yard is as friendly to the environment as possible while saving you money with drought-tolerant solutions. I am California Pace Approved for 100% financing. If you are considering an Old Fashion California Landscape with lawns and plants that consume more water, don't count me out, I will do my best to make your yard as water efficient as I can. Call for details on the California Pace Program.

Clark Drywall Inc.

With a repertoire ranging from large scale remodels and additions, to multi-million dollar custom homes, to commercial office spaces and industrial buildings, Clark Drywall is extremely familiar with all aspects of the construction industry. Since being founded in 1995, Clark Drywall has completed projects all over the Southern and Northern California area. We specialize in Acoustic Ceiling Removal for furnished and unfurnished homes with an average turnaround time of one day. We also work with all phases of drywall such as but not limited to: commercial, steel stud, new construction/ remodels/wall repair and have the capability to match ANY wall texture. We are specialists devoted to each aspect of our work, with our primary goal being to ensure quality to the customer. No job to big or small! Clark Drywall is capable of fulfilling the most aggressive project timetables. Our experienced management team has many years of drywall industry experience. Clark Drywall’s workers are highly-trained, dedicated, experienced and committed to safety. Our company mission is to serve our customers with a superior level of service, professionalism and management on every project. BBB Accredited We service Ventura, Los Angeles and Santa Barbara Counties.

American Express, Check, MasterCard, Visa

We do Kitchen and Bathrooms Remodels, Additions, Restorations, New Custom Homes Contemporary and Traditional.