Berger's Painting

Founded 1981 • With Angi since May 2006

We are a family owned and operated business and been in business since 1981. Our professionalism and quality craftsmanship will accurately reflect your taste and lifestyle with a min of $1500. Please reach out to me directly 855-237-4147.

house painting (290)interior painting (188)stucco (31)general contractors (25)pressure washing (23)drywall (23)plastering (11)wallpaper removal (10)woodworking (9)roofing (6)door installation (5)deck cleaning (5)

09/07/2021

Michele K.

Steve and his crew were AMAZING! They got the job time within the agreed time frame, they were reasonably priced and super professional and likeable. I would recommend and hire them in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Work Completed On 09/08/2021

Thank you for the great review !

09/06/2021

Kirk L.

Steve and his team went above and beyond expectations, not only were they speedy, responsive, and professional, their work was top notch and their prices were competitive! Steve made sure we were 100% satisfied before he considered the job complete. Great job to Steve & crew.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Work Completed On 09/06/2021

Thank you so much for the excellent review [Member Name Removed] !

05/14/2021

Warren S.

The painters were here on schedule every day. They covered everything to avoid getting paint where it wasn't supposed to be. They removed pictures from the walls and moved furniture out of the way, and put everything back in its place when done. Their painting was meticulous and the finished work is beautiful. The price was reasonable and we would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Painting of kitchen, dining room, entry way, den and hallway

Work Completed On 05/03/2021

02/19/2021

Karla O.

I needed exterior painting done at my house. I received a quote from 5 different companies. The others told me what they wouldn't do and then their high price. Berger's was the most reasonable. Steve was very patient and informative. He walked me through what the paint project entailed. There was stucco work that needed to be done prior to painting which they took care of fabulously. On a daily basis his guys came out every morning on time, cleaned up before leaving, and were very helpful in answering my questions as well as they were progressing through the project. They even did a few extra things that I had not asked them for in regards to painting. The project took one week to complete. Two days later I noticed there were a few spots that needed touch-up. The guys came back out right away to retouch. I am very pleased with the work they did. I would definitely hire them again and would definitely recommend them to others.

Description of Work
exterior painting

Category contractors, stucco, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 01/15/2021

01/22/2021

Layla K.

I contacted few other companies that I found on Angie's list, before I called Bob. He is absolutely the BEST in this field. Extremely professional and fair. His workers work with such precision and they have such a great attitude. I worked with Marcelo, Martin and Jesus and not only they are great at what they do, they are also amazing people. I am extremely picky and I expect perfection and Bob made sure that I was completely happy with the job before they called it done. I absolutely recommend his services to anyone who is looking for professional, fair and perfectionist painters. You won't regret it. They deserves 1000 stars...

Description of Work
Interior Painting and Drywalls

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/26/2020

12/09/2020

Nora T.

Very well. Work was done efficiently and professionally.

Description of Work
Wallpaper removal and painting

Work Completed On 11/16/2020

10/06/2020

George H.

Berger's Painting was awesome to work with. They helped us painting our whole house.

Description of Work
House painting

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

09/30/2020

Christi E.

David was professional, hardworking, efficient and friendly . We are very pleased with the finished job and we would use this company again and recommend to others .

Description of Work
Painted two gates and the front door

Category house painters, doors

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

09/11/2020

Roy S.

I just wanted to say DAVID was absolutely amazing at his work. He was very professional and fair. The work he did was quick and he is super clean. I would definitely hire him again for all of my painting and drywall repairs.

Description of Work
Ceiling repair

Category contractors, drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/11/2020

08/31/2020

Robert Q.

Really well. Steve and the crew were fantastic and did a great job. With us working at home now, they were very respectful of our conf calls etc.

Description of Work
Interior house painting

Work Completed On 08/31/2020

08/15/2020

Richard E.

This is the second time I've used this company and I can't praise them high enough. Bob (the company owner) is so friendly and helpful and he has a professional carpenter who also works as one of his painters, so you don't have to hire someone extra to do carpentry work. They did a great job and I'm very happy with their work. They even replaced some of the wood without charging me extra. Would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Paint house exterior, garage door, 2 iron gates, lamp post near garage door. Also, do some carpentry: repairing lamp post base, replacing 2 wood posts holding up patio overhang, and wood beams holding up front porch overhang.

Category contractors, woodworking, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 08/14/2020

07/31/2020

Chris R.

Painters showed up on time and performed the job on schedule and at the quoted cost.

Description of Work
Partial Exterior Painting.

Category contractors

Work Completed On 07/21/2020

07/06/2020

Amanda A.

When we moved into our new home we called Berger's Painting to change the texture and color of our walls, and they did an excellent job. A year later our paint started to crack due to an issue from the previous owner, and David scraped off the original skimming and then redid the walls. Bob honored their warranty on the painting and was very fair and true to his word. We appreciate his and his team's professionalism, precision, and integrity. Will definitely work with them again!

Description of Work
Interior paint and skim coat

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

06/19/2020

Lori P.

Great. Bob was so easy to deal with as was his crew. Already recommended him to a friend.

Description of Work
Remove popcorn ceilings and paint the inside of the entire house, including painting kitchen and bathroom cabinets.

Category drywall, plastering, wallpaper removal, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/11/2020

06/19/2020

Beegie T.

The crew were all very nice, punctual, and accommodating. Finished the job early. Since I have a house that has three levels and lots of windows, it was not an easy job but all work was done very professionally.

Description of Work
Had the trim painted on my house.

Category contractors, house painters

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

05/25/2020

Mike W.

Bob arrived on time for quote. Price was fair based on other properties I have had painted. Bob and his crew did quality work. Since this is a rental property and I was not onsite each day, Bob sent pics and updates every day. They sanded old wood windows and wood trim and made them look fresh again. Fixed holes and imperfections in walls and painted. They also installed new baseboards and window trim in some locations. They also finished the job a day early. I finally found a quality painter that I can trust.

Description of Work
Painting interior of 100 year old small home

Work Completed On 05/14/2020

05/22/2020

Jana B.

The worker that was sent was excellent. Amd did a great job. Very clean and the prep was done well. The minimum was 1500 as stated for the job. It was only a 13 hour job so the hourly rate was high and it would of been nice to get a little break.

Description of Work
Staining of EPI wood

Work Completed On 05/21/2020

12/03/2019

WENDY G.

Came immediately to provide a bid, provided on the spot. $11K. Got the work done for 7K with another Angies List award winning provider

Description of Work
Paint a stucco home plus trim

Work Completed On 12/03/2019

Hello Miss [Member Name Removed], We appreciate your feedback however the grade you submitted to Angie’s List for simply giving you an estimate does not reflect our quality of service. We didn’t even do this job for you. Just because you went with a different paint company that gave you a lower estimate doesn’t mean their quality of work and professionalism will match ours. We work hard to ensure that everything is done to the customer’s satisfaction in a timely manner and use top quality paints. Wish you the best. I’m

09/02/2019

Lisa M.

Berger's Painting provided exceptional service! They painted the entire interior of my home in 5 days - faster than expected. I gave the painting crew additional jobs to do and they did it beautifully, without complaint. The work crew was on time, friendly, professional, and did an excellent job. Bob Berger called me regularly to make sure that I was happy with their work. Their price was definitely reasonable. I would use them again!

Description of Work
Painting the entire interior of my home

Category drywall, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 08/30/2019

08/16/2019

DOUGLAS W.

I was looking for a painting contractor to paint the exterior of our home. The house is 2200 sq.ft. and is built into a hillside in the Hollywood Hills. The house is 100 years old and has multiple levels and I felt it could be a challenge reaching some of the areas. After contacting Bob, he scheduled an appointment, with me, for a review of the required work. He was very quick to provide me with an estimate and provided it, to me, before leaving for his next appointment. Initially, I felt the quote lacked some detail and information and I didn't want any surprises with added costs as the potential job commenced. I e-mailed Bob and spoke with him and he was very helpful to provide clarity and scope to the job so that neither of us had any surprises. I was not in any big rush to schedule and Bob was very good at staying in contact with me and scheduling the job when it was going to be most convenient for me. About a week prior to the beginning of the job, Bob came back over to do another walk through so that he could plan his crew (s) accordingly. He let me know how many people he planned to have and how many days it should take. We revisited the process and expectations. This was very good for me, as communication on a large project, like this, helps to put me at ease and experience less stress. On the start date (as well as throughout the job) Bob and his crew showed up on time and ready to work. We went over the project, again, with the two foremen that Bob had on the job. I wanted to be sure that they all understood what we expected of them and that I needed daily communication. For example, we have cats in the house and the crew was going to need doors and windows opened at various times for prep and painting. I wanted to have a schedule so that we could coordinate where the cats were being kept while various doors/windows were opened. Day 1 started with power washing and beginning prep of stucco (repairing cracks, removing peeling paint, etc) I had a good experience with one of his foremen and was having communication and sloppiness problems with the other. I contacted Bob that evening and he arrived, promptly, the following morning to review my concerns and get a reset with a portion of his crew. Some of the problems were trash and materials all over the place, windows and doors painted shut and limited to no communication. On the flip side, the other foremen was outstanding, providing information, updates and keeping a neat work area and taking care to prep areas appropriately. Day 2 - we had a good conversation and reset with the crew. The day progressed in a very good and professional manner. I was very happy that Bob took my concerns seriously and he addressed it without any time wasted or excuses. Subsequent Days - The work started moving along nicely, but then we had more problems with one of the foremen, again, as we were experiencing two different jobs. Excellent from one foremen and sloppy and lack of communication from the other. We contacted Bob, again, and asked him to remove part of the crew for the balance of the job. He listened to our concerns, we showed him the items that caused us concern and he wasted no time in removing part of his crew from our project. He reworked another project and brought in a separate 2nd crew for the next day. I must say, the final crew he had on this job was amazing. They were professional, worked with care and precision and made us very happy. You might ask why I would rate this company with an "A" when we experienced problems with part of the crew. Well, the concern and actions presented by Bob made this very easy to rate them with an "A". There was no argument, there were not any excuses. He listens to his customer and does his best to make you happy with the job. As the job wound down to the final day, Bob, one of the foremen and I walked the job, from top to bottom. We identified a punch list of items to do before final payment was made. Each item was addressed to my expectations and approval. The house looks GREAT, we will definitely hire Berger's Painting, again, for another of our properties. These large jobs always have something go awry, but Bob and his crew were there to correct and make the customer happy. I can't thank him and foreman, Marvin, enough. We are very happy. Thank you!

Description of Work
Exterior House Painting, minor stucco repair and Window glazing repair

Category pressure washing, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 08/16/2019

Review for Berger's Painting - 5627 Kanan Rd, Agoura Hills, CA - 38049623

07/26/2019

Greg A.

Workers were prompt. Consistently showed up by 7:30 AM everyday. Many of them have worked for Bob for years. Everything was pretty much up front in regards to pricing. I appreciated that things were put back properly. For example, they rehung my picture, and blinds after taking it down to paint that section. I did not have to ask them to do it.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Cost $7,800.99

Work Completed On 07/26/2019

07/26/2019

Christian D.

They did an amazing job! They are kind of expensive, but you get what you pay for... I decided to pay more for higher quality and I definitely believe I got that.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Category siding, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 07/08/2019

07/24/2019

Abraham R.

Verbally assaulted me and used major profanity. This person should be barred. I will see to it that the board gets a major complaint from my attorneys.