Sunlux Energy

Founded 2015 • With Angi since May 2017

Serving All of California and soon in TX & AZ

-, CA 91761

Sunlux is a roofing and solar energy provider servicing southern California that provides a variety of options in order to help you find what best fits your needs. We deliver the tools, support and advice you need to make going solar simple. We handle everything from paperwork to maintenance, so

11/16/2020

Matthew M.

Micheal was extremely knowledgeable, he shot me straight turns out solar was not for my house. I worked with several other companies and they just tried get the sale. Without looking how it would perform on my house. The whole thing was done remote he shared his screen and we looked at the area around my house. Turns out that since my house is in a bad position and I am surrounded by two story house (I own a single Story) that I would not get good sunlight. I would for sure go with them when the tech improves and its capable of generating more power. Trust this company,

Description of Work
They reached out to me to perform quote

Category electrician

02/18/2020

Kevin B.

We were in the market for a solar system from a company that was reliable and we could trust. After doing lots of research we asked Sunlux to be our solar provider. They were very honest with their prices (they were on one of the lowest) and their customer service has been excellent? Since we did not know a lot about solar systems, they educated us to be smart consumers and gave us options and choices that met our needs. We can truly say, we are very happy with Sunlux and would recommend them to others as well.

Description of Work
Solar System Install and Roof Repair

09/14/2019

Kathy A.

Its going downhill fast! The company does not seem to know how to meet HOA requirements. We have been denied twice (and our Board has always been easy and clear to deal with on our other projects). Firstly, our project manager was changed 2 days after we signed the contract. I cant say if it is the engineers or project manager that is submitting incomplete info to the Board, but as a homeowner I know if I follow the architectural guidelines and give the Board complete accurate information.. all goes well. Sunlux has been lax and incomplete causing unnecessary delays. We are not approved yet!. ..We submitted 8/7/19.... and have received two denials with exactly what needs to be met in order to be approved. When questioned... Sunlux blames the board and passes the buck. I now am deeply involved as to what they sent over and why it was sent incomplete so the process isn't entirely a failure. One example is their engineer stated that the AC cut off had to be in a specific location due to the Fire Code. The Board asked for a copy of that Code and now Sunlux is complaining that they want more info!!! Of course they want to look at it if it is different from what they know to be true. they asked for a new application.. it was never included...dumb! Will update this review when and if we proceed. One more comment... the salesman, Mark T. asked for our utility bill at our first meeting to see how much savings we would have from solar..... He later told me he used it to show other potential clients (without permission, or blocking off my name and address). This breaches confidentiality in my book.....one of the potential clients knew me by chance...….I did not find that professional on his part at all. Am I angry? Yes. The salesman also said he would be involved and of course he has not been just playing the blame game. Another discussion to follow.

Description of Work
Solar Panels on roof

06/10/2019

Lazaro F.

Sunlux installed my system in the middle of last year, and have been online since last October. Decided to go with a roof mounted system, and so far we are very pleased with the results. I appreciate how Sunlux has a very strong customer service team that is proactive to check on how things are going or answer any questions. The new software update is great! I like how the continue to update the main software. great company!

Description of Work
Solar Panels

05/01/2019

Russ C.

SUNLUX was great to work with. The initial salesperson explained everything very well and their pricing was very competitive. The design and installation teams were great, coordinating everything. including the HOA application. The installation was done in one day as advertised. The county inspection passed without any issues and the system is now working as expected. Their technical support has also been excellent.

Description of Work
Solar System Installation

05/01/2019

Steven L.

SunLux has been great to deal with. I found their prices to be super competitive. The install team did a great job. Had some challenges on the roof and with one call to customer service they had someone out the next day and had it resolved. I've been up for four months now and its performing as expected!

Description of Work
solar install

04/16/2019

Bill S.

Sunlux did an excellent job. First rate materials, workmanship, and price was very competitive. Always responsive and helpful. Just a pleasure to do business with them. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Install solar system with battery.

04/04/2019

Peggy L.

After months of research, my husband and I finally installed solar panels on our home. We had a fantastic experience with Sunlux. After putting the sales agent through his paces with my many questions about the materials, the esthetics and the process, he passed with flying colors. He was very patient and informative. He was the only one (of many) who took the time to make sure I understood how each component worked with the system. The system we purchased was designed for our needs and energy usage not just the square footage of our home. The engineers were very helpful with designing multiple options for the panel placement. I certainly didn't make things easy for them. Each person I interacted with was helpful and professional. The installation took one day. A team of five very polite men worked together efficiently and neatly. They cleaned up perfectly before leaving. The city inspection followed a week later. The inspector was very impressed with the quality of the installation. At that visit, one man from Sunlux took care of all the painting of conduit to match our siding, roof and trim colors. They actually color matched all the paint! The system is up and running. I have an app on my phone that keeps track of the energy production. It was all seamless. I highly recommend Sunlux and our sales agent, Mark Trujillo. Mark has stayed in touch throughout the entire process to make sure I was happy with the progress and final result. One final note. Sunlux was less expensive, provided a better warranty, uses high quality panels and has excellent customer service from start to finish. If you're interested in solar panels, make sure you do your research. I'm glad I did mine!

Description of Work
Solar Panel System Design and Installation

04/03/2019

Nicholas H.

Sunlux has been great to work with on my solar install. I found them to be very competitive and did a great job. The panels have been installed for about a year with flawless performance. I am currently having issues with pigeons hanging out under the panels and reached out to Sunlux. There was a quick response to assist me in arranging to have a critter guard installed. I give them my highest recommendation and thanks.

Description of Work
Solar Panels & Critter Guard

03/24/2019

Reginald L.

Great company and great services. They worked with me through the entire project and made sure all my questions were answered. My electric company attempted to slow the process but Sun Lux keep me on pace and now I’m on solar and looking to enjoy a better electric bill. Would recommend this company to family and friends

Description of Work
Solar installation

03/15/2019

Jeff S.

There were a few bumps in the road along the way to completion, but in the end Sunlux pulled through and delivered us a 26 panel system that we look forward to helping us produce our own energy for years to come

Description of Work
Solar System

03/13/2019

rob F.

Excellent service - they really know what they are doing.. It was a great experience and I wish I would have started sooner.

Description of Work
Solar - roof work

03/10/2019

Alex G.

By far the best from the quote through job completion. I had quotes from all the big solar companies, Sunlux beats them all in price, quality, and service. I recommend to all

Description of Work
Solar Panels and Roofing

03/07/2019

James B.

They made going Solar easy! The team at Sunlux were extremely easy to work with. From start to finish they have handled everything. They installed the Panasonic brand panels which is the exact unit I fond in my research that I wanted to use .

Description of Work
Sunlux Perfect

03/04/2019

R O.

Sunlux installed our system at the end of last year, and we have been online since January. We decided to go with a ground mounted system, and so far we are very pleased with the results. We decided to go with them after hearing their advertisements on the radio. We appreciate how Sunlux has a very strong customer service team that is proactive to check on how things are going or answer any questions.

Description of Work
Solar installation

03/01/2019

Christine K.

I have my solar installed in 2018,very happy with it, from start to finish,everyone I met from salesman to inspection was very nice,the important is after installing the panels my Edison bill is so so cheap,it’s under $ 6 a month,love it

Description of Work
Solar panels

Category roofing, solar panels, energy audit

02/28/2019

Gino T.

It went as smooth as can be, no complaints whatsoever.

Description of Work
replace the inverter

02/27/2019

Kat D.

Sunlux was patient in answering all my questions. Work was clean and timely. Follow up was great. Everything was as promised. The price was reasonable compared to other quotes. I highly recommend Sunlux.

Description of Work
Solar install

Bob C.

SunLux is great. They called us to let us know there was an issue that needed fixing. Talk about being proactive!!!!! They came out and fixed the problem as it was an easy fix. But they went above and beyond and did some extra work to make sure that it wouldn't happen again. I am very please with them.

Description of Work
Monitoring connection error

Allan L.

I've been thinking of installing solar for quite sometime on our home and after numerous companies giving me quotes, I decided to go with Tesla. I thought that Tesla was the elite of solar based on their ads and promotions. After going through all but installing the solar panels, Tesla informed me that our roof needed work and that it would cost $9000 to repair the roof so that they can install solar panels. I was disappointed until I heard of Sun Lux over the radio being a roofer also. This was to test if I really needed a new roof. Sun Lux gave me a higher production of energy than Tesla and said I didn't need a new roof! They had several options on financing and leasing that made sense. I pulled the trigger and had them install solar. They assign you a Project coordinator that communicates with you throughout the process and Emma (my project coordinator) gave me the white glove treatment. She was always available. She took care of everything. What more can I ask for? I highly recommend Sun Lux even though I own a Tesla.

Description of Work
Solar Installation

John K.

Very professional installation. On time.

Description of Work
Electrical solar panels

Bruce K.

Smoothly. SunLux personnel were always available, easy to talk with, helpful, courteous, and professional. Work was well coordinated with installation of new roof by another contractor. County inspections commented on high quality of installation. Price was reasonable.

Description of Work
Solar installation on roof, 5.9 kw

Lazaro F.

I have now had my solar system up and running for almost a year. The systems is working great. When I have had an issues they called me first to tell me that the installer will be out to replace the part. The are a great company that does great work. I would recommend them to my friends, in fact I have and one has done a full sysyand is very happy with the work!

Description of Work
Great service

02/22/2019

Michelle P.

I cannot say enough good things about SunLux. From start to finish our project was seamless. Sunlux provided us with updates through the whole project. We always knew what was going on and what the next step would be. Everyone we met or came in contact with during the process from the sale to final inspection was AMAZING! I would recommend SunLux to anyone looking to install solar.

Description of Work
Solar Installation

Category electrician, solar panels

02/18/2019

Alfred T.

Wanted to share my experience with Sunlux.. These guys are fantastic! I met with 4 other Solar companies and finally chose these guys. Not only did they install 30 Solar panels, but they also built us a covered patio to put them on. Eveything came out great, all of the staff and I dealt with were friendly and professional. Their follow up after the install has been great, and their prices are very competitive as well. Thanks Ben Carton, Guillermo, Aaron and the rest of the Sunlux team for a wonderful experience. Can't wait to see my SCE bill in the coming months!

Description of Work
Solar Panels

Category electrician, solar panels, energy audit