AFFORDABLE CHIMNEY & DUCT

Founded 1984 • With Angi since July 2006

13680 E Greystokes Dr Unit 1

Vail, AZ 85641

Certified F.I.R.E. Chimney Inspector Specializing in Problem Chimneys Honest And Clean Service Charges Outside Tucson Will Differ Depending on Location

05/16/2018

Will G.

Appointment scheduled for 8:30am. Running a little late because of traffic. Called me at 8:20 to advise of delay. At that point, I knew I was dealing with professionals. Explained what he was planning on doing and how as well as the time frame within which this would happen. And he was spot on. They cleaned every single air vent (and there are quite a few), removed the face plates to clean each one. Placed huge vacuum type cleaner to my dryer duct to suck out years of debris. Also, checked the functionality of duct and went on the roof to inspect. Cleaned the chimney flue, inspected the masonry inside and inspected the mechanism on top of the flue to make sure it was still safe. Made appropriate recommendations for additional work to consider in the future. They were there for 6 hours and cleaned up and vacuumed the entire house for any soot just before leaving. I was impressed to say the least. They were very personable, very knowledgeable and very efficient. I have every intention to use this company in the future. An absolute pleasure to work with!!! Total cost - $630. + tip for excellent work.

Description of Work
All vents needed cleaning as well dryer vent. Also, chimney cleaned and inspected for safety.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

05/02/2017

Denise C.

Austin did a superb job on both the chimney and dryer vent. The dryer now completely drys a load in once cycle. The chimney looks wonderful and Austin's inspection identified a couple of areas to address. Very professional and courteous. I would highly recommend Affordable Chimney.

Description of Work
Our dryer would take 3 cycles to completely dry a load. Our chimney hadn't been professionally cleaned or inspected for quite a few years.

04/10/2017

f. lawrence F.

Arrived on time. Work was clean and efficiently done. Good peole

Description of Work
chiminy over fireplace repaired

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

03/27/2017

David P.

Very Well Indeed. Enough words for you, Angie's List

Description of Work
Chimney Clean & Inspection

10/19/2016

Judy M.

I called Chris Retrum on August 22 and asked if he could come and take a look at our wood stove chimney. My husband had taken it all apart to clean the chimney and could not get the stove and chimney pipe to reconnect. When Chris came to see all this, he explained to us that this stove had been improperly installed and it was not up to code. We had been using this stove in this house for about 29 years, so this was a complete surprise to us. Chris recommended that we install a fireplace insert and he gave us the name of Arizona Grill & Hearth to do this work. Chris did not charge us anything for this first call, which I thought was very nice of him. He didn't do any work, but he did spend some time with us. We called Arizona Grill & Hearth and they came out and took measurements and we decided on the installation we wanted. Then I called Chris again to come out and clean the chimney in preparation for this new installation. He did that on Oct. 13, charged us $100, and I told him he would be my go to guy for chimney cleaning in the future.

Description of Work
Cleaned my chimney in preparation for future install of fireplace insert.

09/08/2016

Amy R.

OMG! I am in love with this company. I got a new dryer in June, it has a "check vent" light on and wasn't working as I expected. I called the landlord and they sent some guy out to clean out the vent. After he was done, the problem was worse! He fixed it so it really didn't work. I called Affordable, Austin came out and did his thing (the landlord's guy certainly didn't have a vacuum or any tools that I saw). And now my dryer is the awesome dryer I expected it to be when I got it! Thank you! Oh, and while Austin was on the roof, he noticed and unclogged a clogged gutter. Going above and beyond!

Description of Work
Dryer Vent Cleaning

Category dryer vent cleaning

12/12/2015

Diane B.

This is one of those companies that you want to tell everyone about because they are so honest and professional. We used Affordable Chimney to install a chimney cap and clean the chimney a few years ago-We were really pleased with that job so called them again when my husband noticed that the damper was randomly opening. Austin came out to check it out. He was right on time, tested the damper but couldn't find anything wrong it-it opened an shut smoothly and stayed shut while he was here. He gave us a price to replace the damper if we found it comes open again. He did not charge us for the visit today. We will definitely use them again and highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Austin came by to check on a damper that wouldn't stay closed.

12/09/2015

Sylvia H.

They were very professional and did an excellent job. I would highly recomend them., Az

Description of Work
Removed all registers. vacuumed all A/C duct work. Cleaned registers and reinstalled.

Category chimney sweep, air duct cleaning

11/30/2015

Marilyn D.

This guy is awesome, and personable and efficient.

Description of Work
Cleaned all air ducts and dryer ducts

Category chimney sweep, air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

11/30/2015

Jennifer M.

He was very thorough and knowledgeable. He also made certain not to get the surrounding furniture dirty.

Description of Work
Chimney sweep and inspection

11/23/2015

Christine M.

The service was great. Austin was very friendly, professional and knowledgeable. There was no mess to clean up and he was done fairly quickly. We are pending a call back about the parts needed for repairs so we can get an estimate. It has been about 2 weeks since they came out. Other than that I was really pleased with the overall service.

Description of Work
We had our chimney cleaned and also were given suggestions on repairs.

10/15/2015

Ruth C.

Austin arrived on time. Set up his ladder and sheets to make sure no dust got on my things. He had to research my stove as it is a bit different from other inserts. He literally had to take it apart to clean it. He was here 5 hours and did a very thorough job. He made a recommendation to have it cleaned every year instead of 2 based on the glazing he found in the chimney. I will definitely take his advice.

Description of Work
Cleaned my pellet stove and chimney

08/30/2015

Jeffrey D.

I had some bad feelings about my wood stove, flues and chimney and thought I would hire a professional. The person that came out to my house opted out of doing a chimney sweep due to the fact that I may have a bad flue and chimney. The person checked wood stove, chimney and flues very good. He said the flues weren't properly installed and the chimney was out of specs making both a fire hazard and warned me not to use the stove. He did refer me to 3 separate businesses that do sell wood stoves as well as installation of them plus the parts as the chimney sweep business doesn't do that type of work. I will definetly use this business in the near future to clean out my chimney on a newer stove I purchased early this year in the winter.

Description of Work
The chimney sweep person thoroughly checked the chimney, flues and wood stove for specs and safety.

07/20/2015

Troy M.

Affordable Chimney Sweep. came to our ranch (about 65 miles south of Tucson) for a reasonable travel charge when many service providers refuse to even come here. The two young men were right on time and they worked at our house all day long. They cleaned five chimneys and gave us lots of good information about our wood burning stoves. They also provided a detailed "safety inspection" checklist for each stove. They were extremely knowledgeable and generous in sharing their expertise. When they left, the areas around the stoves were cleaner than when they arrived. The service was indeed very affordable considering how long and hard they worked and what they accomplished. We will use them again and will certainly recommend them to our neighbors.

Description of Work
Cleaned five chimneys.

06/24/2015

Kristi V.

My tenant was very happy with this company. They did exactly what they advertised.

Description of Work
Inspection and cleaning

03/03/2015

Lorre W.

I have never had a chimney swept before so I didn't know what to expect. I have two fireplaces and I don't think either of them have been cleaned in over 10 years. I called Affordable Chimney and I was quoted the price to clean ($100) and inspect ($60). I was told if they had to clean the chimney the total would be $100. I knew I needed something on top of one of the chimneys to keep the birds out and the sparks in. What was up there was not a good solution. Austin showed up and looked at both fireplaces. He told me where he was going to start and then started bringing his gear in. I have very light carpet in both of the rooms with fireplaces and I was a little anxious about him bringing all of the tools and things in. I worried about how he would get all of the soot out without filling the room with it and thus staining the carpet. He worked on first one fireplace and then the other. He spent several hours working on the two of them inside of the house. He then went up on the roof and inspected the chimneys. He came back to the door and mentioned the need for a cap on one of the flues, which I expected. He said he had the part in his truck if I wanted him to install it and he gave me the price. I agreed and he spent another 30-40 minutes installing it, practically in the dark. When he was finished, he chatted with me about some of his observations and how I might make small adjustments to help keep smoke down and vent better. He was very pleasant and although it was after 7pm he didn't seem rushed, he wanted to be sure I had all of the information I needed. When he gave me the invoice it was for exactly $375, which was the cost of cleaning the two fireplaces plus the flue cover. It was exactly what I expected. When I looked at the rooms where he worked, I was pleased to see they were immaculate. It was as though he was never there. I highly recommend Affordable Chimney Sweep. Austin worked diligently, did a fantastic job, and didn't try to sell me anything I didn't need. I will be having them come back every year!

Description of Work
They swept and inspected two chimneys and installed a stainless steel flue cap on one of them.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps

12/26/2014

CAROL D.

Chris was efficient and very helpful, located holes I didn't know were there and repaired them. Total cost was more than "affordable". It was a steal. I HIGHLY recommend this company.

Description of Work
Cleaned chimney, repaired two holes in fireplace wall, and gave valuable advice on fire building and fireplace maintenance.

09/04/2014

STAR D.

They were prompt and professional. They provided excellent and quick service at a very reasonable price. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Inspected chimney and made recommendations for improved safety and prevention of water drips from outside. Provided a written chimney inspection report for house records. Cleaned dryer air duct and replaced connection between dryer and vent.

Category chimney sweep, air duct cleaning, chimney repair, dryer vent cleaning

06/10/2014

Brian S.

The professionalism shown by Austin was remarkable, cleaned our chimney that had not been cleaned in a least 20 years with out and dirt or dust coming into the house. found a crack in the flue and was able to repair quickly, also noted that the chimney was not up to current code and gave recommendations to fix the issue. The charge was exactly what was quoted.

Description of Work
Complete inspection and cleaning of chimney, found one issue with the way the 50 year old chimney was built. found a way to correct the problem with out having to do major reconstruction. It was a fantastic job.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

05/25/2014

Cindy B.

They were on time , did a great job.We very neat careful & my dryer has never worked better!

Description of Work
Cleaned our plugged dryer vent.

05/15/2014

Danielle S.

was on time, very cordial and quick. thank you

Description of Work
cleaned dryer vent

05/03/2014

betty B.

Did a good job-very professional and very prompy answering my request.

Description of Work
Cleaned my dryer duct

Brian G.

Chris and Austin arrived on time and did an excellent job cleaning very dirty ducts that we had. The equipment that is used is awesome. The job they do is thorough and they always clean up after themselves in an excellent manner. Their customer service is outstanding. Very fair prices for work performed too.

Description of Work
Cleaned air ducts, installed new vent covers and new return vent cover.

Category air duct cleaning

PETER A.

It went very well. They were very good. They were excellent. He was right on time and they were very professional.

Description of Work
We have used Affordable Chimney & Duct. They did a chimney sweep and they put a cap on. They also did some additional work just to better the chimney.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps

Kathryn M.

I had used this company a year ago when I first purchased my "fix-up" home and had them clean out the chimney and fix a crack in it. They did such a great job that I had them come back to finish up some work that was recommended the year before. Both times, I received an appointment within a reasonable amount of time from my call. The worker arrived on time for both services, was thorough, cleaned up after himself and took the time to explain what he had done in terms that I could understand. I highly recommend this company for chimney services of all types.

Description of Work
Added a cap to my chimney