Top Rung Handyman Services Inc

Founded 2006 • With Angi since March 2011

PO Box 68651

Tucson, AZ 85737

Top Rung Handyman Services is licensed, bonded and insured. We provide service to Saddlebrooke, Marana, Oro Valley and Tucson residents. Our business is built on referrals from our customers so we strive to satisfy every customer, every time.

07/30/2018

Quindaro F.

Pete was responsive, punctual and very professional! It could not have gone better. The work he did is amazing!

Description of Work
Pete patched and painted an exterior wall, cleaned and installed a sliding screen door, patched and painted drywall and installed a ceiling fan.

Category drywall, screen repair, ceiling fans, house painters, interior painters

05/06/2017

Laquetha G.

He was a little late showing up, so I did have to call to check on his status. Otherwise, the services rendered were satisfactory. I had a list of items I needed completed and he did them all efficiently. He was very professional and I even received a Christmas card from him!

Description of Work
Needed a variety of things done around my townhouse

12/30/2016

LaRee M.

They responded immediately & did a great job. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced exterior door.

Category handyman service, woodworking

12/29/2016

H L.

All things considered, it went well. He had creative ideas which improved our project.

Description of Work
Pete installed interior sliding doors and constructed a new closet in a bedroom. He also repaired water damaged walls and ceiling.

Category drywall, handyman service

12/07/2016

Art P.

I called and left messages for him and he never returned my call.

Description of Work
I called and left messages for him and he never returned my call.

09/15/2016

Tom H.

Talked to Peter Goebel of Top Rung and asked for an estimate to replace my mailbox on September 12th, 2016. He told me to text my address and e-mail to him and he would send me an estimate. Never heard from him again and he would not return my messages!!!!!!!!

Description of Work
Mailbox Replaced

Category handyman service, mailbox repair

08/02/2016

Kenneth A.

The job went smoothly. Very satisfied with work and price. Great Job Peter!

Description of Work
Installing large set of pre fabricated shop cabinets and a ceiling lamp.

06/14/2016

Esther G.

He's very professional and does good work.

Description of Work
He does many odd jobs around the house for me.

03/11/2016

Randy L.

I was very disappointed when I received the call back and was told he could not do the work I wanted as I was too far away. I live on the East side of Tucson and he is up in Saddlebrook. Even though on Angie's List it states he services Tucson. I tried to get on a website, but the link on Angie's List did not work.

Description of Work
Called for an estimate from Top Rung Handyman Services on Friday March 11, 2016 and received a call back a few hours later the same day. Was told he could not do the work for me as it was too far.

Category handyman service, house painters

03/03/2016

April B.

Ladder frame was installed out-of-square between rafters due to ALL measurements based on his first cut of ceiling drywall. Ladder frame headers/footers were installed based on the drywall cut, not the use of a square against the support rafters. Took three attempts to get the work done: first the opening was too small (poor measurements); second the ladder door would not close properly because the ladder frame was forced to fit headers that were installed out-of-square; third the 22-inch ladder frame width was into the 24-inch opening as a parallelogram. Efforts to point out the problem were ignored. (I subsequently undid his work and reinstalled the ladder frame on the square. Materials purchased for the job were sub-standard. As he 'undid' each error, he used a reciprocating saw to remove nails and in the process cut into the ladder frame (1x4 pine), which may have weakened it. Nice guy with a LOT of impressive tools, but not much of a planner.

Description of Work
Install drop-down attic door and stair in garage.

Category contractors, handyman service, woodworking

01/21/2016

Eugene P.

Pete does high quality work at reasonable prices. It is obvious he takes pride in his work. There is room for improvement in communication with the customer.

Description of Work
Stripped, repaired and painted eaves and fascias on a rental home. Painted garage door trim.

Category handyman service, house painters

10/13/2015

MARK K.

Top Rung Handyman was very punctual and professional from the estimate to the completion of services. Definitely recommend to others.

Description of Work
General household repairs such as recaulking tub, replacement of all house door locks, interior and exterior light fixture replacement, ceiling fans, etc.

Category handyman service, lighting, ceiling fans

07/21/2015

Esther G.

It went well. I've used him for almost 4 years. He does his job really well and I can always depend on him. He's very punctual.

Description of Work
He fixed my gate, which was stuck. He also put some pictures up. He also did some other small stuff for me.

07/10/2015

Frederick P.

Our very large, high-ceilinged great room ceiling has large heavy wood beams. The beams had shrunk and left gaps between the beams and the ceiling. Pete filled those gaps and repaired separations in the drywall created by the wood shrinkage. He repainted the repaired areas. When he prepared to paint, the paint we had bought from Saffron Paints (which purportedly was the same color we had originally used) did not match the Saffron Paint of the same color on the walls). Saffron Paints is permanently closed) Pete cut a sample from the wall so that we could have it matched by another paint company. The entire job was finished on time, the work is perfect and the job site was clean at all times. Mr. Goebel is very pleasant and competent. I highly recommend Top Rung Handyman Services.

Description of Work
Pete Goebel of Top Rung Handyman Services repaired our beamed ceiling.

Category handyman service, interior painters

06/19/2015

Curtis F.

No callback so I'll scratch him off the list. I've suffered from years of contractors not getting back to me(I now know why my father hung the task on me of getting estimates when he was building a new home). That's why I love Angie's list because Tucson homeowners can now start separating the professional contractors from the deadbeat contractors or the fly-by-nighters--which there seem to be ample of in Tucson.

Description of Work
I needed a water heater repaired asap. I called the provider and left a message. It's a week later and still no callback. A courtesy call would have been nice and professional.

Category handyman service, plumbing

Hi (removed member name) - I take it that you didn't get my v.m the other day... That i don't service water heaters. Sorry for the mix up. Pete

05/05/2015

Linda C.

Everything went well, and he completed the task list efficiently. The only repair I'm not satisfied with is the gutter as it still leaks.

Description of Work
He repaired a leaky hose in the kitchen faucet, fixed a closet door that was off its tracks, waterproofed a leaking gutter, glued a loose chair, and repaired a loose door panel.

Category handyman service, plumbing

03/03/2015

Virginia C.

It was fine. He was good. He did a pretty good job. The price surprised me when it came down to the cost of materials.

Description of Work
He came out to do miscellaneous jobs at my home.

Category handyman service

Hi [Member name removed], Thank you for the review.

02/23/2015

MICHAEL M.

Pete arrived smack on time, went to work..we needed to make two runs to ACE to get correct bulbs and light switch. Very nice man, dog liked him would use again for all future work needing a hanyman!

Description of Work
Replaced ceiling lights, repaired and replaced faulty light switch, replaced all alarm batteries

02/20/2015

Joyce D.

Did a beautiful job. Very nice man. Didn't disclose full job price until after job was done. I felt a little ripped off because he did not agree to a price before work was started. On the contract it says proposal and customer agreement but he did not give me a proposal to agree. Would not recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Put on a base board around the bottom of my wall.

01/21/2015

Chelena A.

Pete provided excellent service. He arrived on time, did exactly what he was supposed to do and his quote was exact. We were very happy with the quality of his work and have recommended him to our colleagues.

Description of Work
Hung a 100lb punching bag, installed mailbox, hung closet doors, patched large holes, new electrical outlet, mounted flatscreen tv, installed dog door

Category handyman service, screen repair, mailbox repair

Hi (Member name removed) - Thank you for the great review. Looking forward to are next project.

01/07/2015

Tina M.

We were having a security screen door installed on our new home, and we needed the door bell moved from the door frame to the stucco next to the frame. Pete is pretty busy, but had an opening that worked great. He was on time, knowledgeable and professional. We discussed additional services we would require, and Pete was more than happy to take the time to go over our options. Definitely recommend!

Description of Work
Moved door bell mount

Category handyman service, lighting, screen repair, woodworking

12/15/2014

Carolyn N.

I consider Pete to be an interior decorator and art consultant in addition to being a great handyman! I have had him for four work sessions and plan to make him my permanent right-hand man. I rely on his sharp eye and good taste to help me make decisions about all aspects of decorating and placement. (I am decorating a brand new home that is much more contemporary than my previous townhouse.) He is highly skilled, professional, and personable. I would recommend him without reservation!

Description of Work
He hung three large pendant lights, an acrylic shelf, and miscellaneous artwork, as well as changed out three can lights to eyeball lights.

Category handyman service

[member name removed], Thank so much for the awesome review. I have enjoyed our projects. Hope we can do somemore projects in the future. Have a wonderful holiday season and happy new year. Pete

12/05/2014

HAROLD T.

Pete [owner of Top Rung Handyman Services] did an awesome job! He arrived right on time at our prearranged time. He immediately set to work preparing the walls that requried to have an electrical junction box [j-box] installed in each wall to support the new light fixture installations. The previous light fixtures installed in these rooms did not require an electrical j-box as the fixture itself was deemed to be the j-box. He was creative in his solution in installing the electrical j-box in the downstairs powder room. The location that the box needed to be located was impeded by a large drain vent pipe and a poly water line behind the drywall. He came up with a very robust yet easy solution to avoid the vent pipe and water line and still be able to install a pancake electrical j-box in the exact location that it needed to be so that it would support the weight and location of the new light fixture. He did an outstanding job in the drywall repair, texturing, and painting required in the downstairs powder room. The light fixture installation in the upstairs guest bathroom did not require any drywall repair as the new electrical j-box was able to be installed with a minimum of drywall removal. The installation of both of the new light fixtures look very professional as if they were part of the original build of the home. You can't go wrong with employing Top Rung Handyman Services for any services you require. Pete is a perfectionist and won't leave the job at hand until it meets his stringent requirements and the Customer's complete satisfaction!

Description of Work
Installed electrical box and installed bathroom vanity light fixture in two bathroom.

Category handyman service, lighting, plumbing, interior painters

[Member Name Removed]- Thank you for the awesome review. It was a pleasure working for you. Enjoy the new light fixtures. Pete

10/07/2014

johanna W.

He was on time, easy to understand on the phone, friendly, and got the job done quickly. The result was professional looking and he did not leave a mess. I will definitely use him again!

Description of Work
Drywall repair, replaced a light fixture and switch, fixed a piece of trim, and re-hung blinds.

Category handyman service, lighting, outdoor lighting

thank you for the great review to was a pleasure meeting and working for you. Pete

09/11/2014

Isabel C.

He was very good. The cost was reasonable. I am having him come back to do some more work so I liked him.

Description of Work
He installed a fan and did a couple of smaller things around the house.

Category handyman service, ceiling fans

Thanks for the opportunity to install the ceiling fan.. Pete

All You Need

Hardworking and Experienced Handyman able to perform multiple remodeling duties with skill. Integrity and Accountability is very important in our family. We are very meticulous when it comes to anything and everything we are approached with.

Tucson Blinds and Shutters LLC

We bring the show room to you. Call today to schedule a free no obligation consultation. Tucson Blinds and Shutters is a family owned and operated company. We are here to provide you top quality window coverings at incredibly low prices. We know your choice of window coverings is an important decision and we take the time to get it right. We provide you with the product details and price information you need to assure you have made the best choice. Additional DBAs - Blinds To Go LLC, Tucson Blinds & Shutters LLC. All orders require 50% deposit down and balance due upon completion of work.

Macs Home Improvements LLC

With over 20 years experience in doing drywall repairs, painting and all other home remodeling services. Its no wonder our motto is quality first. We are Veteran owned and operated. And pride ourselves on providing you with services and products we stand behind. Look no further for all your home service needs.

Offers Coupon

Carpentry, Lighting, Painting - Interior & Exterior, Plumbing, Pressure Washing, & Windows.