The Larger Co

Founded 1981 • With Angi since April 2009

428 S Olsen Ave

Tucson, AZ 85719

With over 32 years experience The Larger Company is an expert in building high quality security screen doors. We work hand-in-hand with all of our clients to guarantee that our creation will meet your exact requirements. We offer a wide range of metal work to fit your needs. Security screen doors,

03/20/2020

James F.

I have had Larger Co. do a screen door with design and a side/pool gate going into the backyard.The front screen went so well I did not hesitate to hire them again for the gate.Jeff ,the owner/adjuster,always kept his appointments with me and was always on time.He is a very honest straight talking guy.He will let you know what is best but also allowed me to make my own choices.In their office I dealt with Doris.She is very good at communicating with her customers,and she always returned my phone calls or emails.I had an unforeseen delay concerning my gate and she called me immediately to tell me and re-schedule-that's all I can ask and I appreciated it very much.I have been to their shop in Tucson and it is very clean and a they have a nice showroom so you can see what your door/gate will look like.I have been in their shop and they use top grade materials and will get you a quality finish with high quality paint.The boys in the back are all very nice and do top-notch welding.Just a well run professional company and when you are quoted a price it will be that price.They made ordering,designing and installing a screen and/or gate a very easy process.I am going to have them build me some trellis' for my garden soon.I would not hesitate to call and use The Larger Co. for anything. Thanks Doris and Jeff Jim Farr

Description of Work
Front door screen and side gate to backyard

Category welding, wrought iron, house painters, doors, driveway gates

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! It means a lot to us and to know that you are happy with the gate and door. We appreciate your business!

08/03/2019

Mark P.

The Larger Co. was a great choice! They were professional, timely and caring regarding make new gates for our front and back yard. The office staff was helpful and courteous. They were timely and knew exactly what they were doing. Would recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Wrought Iron Gates

Category wrought iron

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are happy to hear you our product and services met your expectations. We appreciate your business and any you send our way! Sincerely, Thank you!

06/21/2019

DOROTHY S.

Great! Excellent workmanship, Work completed on timetable agreed to. Workman were punctual arriving on the appointment day and time. Good communication to arrive at best choice of the options considered. etc.. We have hired this company another time in the past decade and based on that experience we hired them again this time.

Description of Work
railings along steps from patio to driveway

Category welding, wrought iron

We are so grateful for your business and especially glad you are happy with the completed projects! Thank you for taking the time to review our company, we appreciate it!

06/01/2019

Katherine L.

The Larger Company was excellent to work with. Every person there - from Doris in the front office, Jeff who came out to measure and discuss their product, and the installers - all were friendly, courteous and competent. I knew my project status every step of the way. They were on time and true to their quote. Plus, I now have a very nice screen door. I will definitely use this company again and recommend them to others.

Description of Work
New security screen door

Category wrought iron, doors

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are especially grateful for your business and that you are happy with the finished project. Warm Regards, Doris

04/27/2019

John P.

Gave the best estimate and the work was done when they said it would be done. Quality and appearance is excellent.

Description of Work
Move a gate and add some fencing to a pool entrance

Category fencing, wrought iron

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We appreciate your business and feedback.

01/23/2019

William A.

The owner/ operators were wonderful! We desiged the door and they manufactured it. The crew came 25 mi four times throughout the project. It fits the opening like a glove, its totally sealed,looks great and wasa I would definitely work with them again

Description of Work
Build a metal,screen security door

Category wrought iron, doors

Thank you for taking the time to review our company, we appreciate it. Most importantly we appreciate your business and are thrilled you are happy with the completed project. Warm Regards, Doris

11/07/2018

Rebecca B.

My house was broken into via the back door and I decided for my security I really needed a security screen as soon as possible. Came across The Larger Company and I could not have picked a better company. Originally they said it would take a few weeks for production, but they expedited everything due to my lack of security and I had the screen up within a matter of days. The craftsmanship is amazing and the installation took less than an hour and the workers were very kind and professional. It looks so beautiful and not only adds that extra security, but it adds to the value of my home.

Description of Work
Security screen door

Category wrought iron, doors

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. It's great to hear that you are happy with our craftsmanship as well as our service. Thank you for your business, we appreciate it!

08/16/2018

jim W.

Albert is truly an artist...he did a beautiful job...DEFINATELY recommend him

Description of Work
welding of a small yard table

Category welding, doors

Thank you for the review, Albert is amazing and we are so grateful he works for us.

06/28/2018

Katherine S.

I do not hesitate to recommend The Larger Co. for security doors. Jeff came out and took meticulous measurements for my two sliding doors and the standard front door, took the time to go through all my options with me, and provided color samples to make sure I found *exactly* what I wanted. Doris, at the office, was always very responsive and pleasant when I emailed with questions. When the doors arrived for installation, they fit perfectly. The craftsmanship is amazing. The doors not only look even more beautiful than I anticipated, but the workings (locks/hinges) are very smooth, so that the heavy doors move effortlessly. My two man installation team was very skilled, professional, and pleasant. They arrived on time, got everything done in a timely manner, and cleaned up after themselves. Everything was done exactly on schedule as quoted at the beginning, without any delays or excuses. The entire process was a pleasure, not a chore.

Description of Work
Security Doors

Category doors

Thank you for the fabulous review! We appreciate you taking your time to let us (and others) know you're happy. I will make sure I pass along to the installers and Jeff that you are pleased. It was a pleasure working with you as well and Thank you for your business!

06/08/2018

Glen M.

Great! We had the Larger Co build us a custom entry gate when we first moved in. We receive constant praise on how beautiful the gate is from our neighbors. The door matches the design perfectly.

Description of Work
Build and install custom storm door

Category welding, wrought iron, doors

We are so glad you are happy! Thank you for letting us know and others, we appreciate your business and testimonial!

06/04/2018

Fred B.

The Larger Company is a completely professional outfit; always so prompt to answer my many questions. There are no hidden costs in their quote, and you get even more than you pay for in the way of service. I was delighted that I was able to design our security door, and my husband and I are very happy with Justin’s metal work rendition of my graphics. He not only installed the door bell, but also hung the sign for us. Doris, Jeff, Justin and Albert were a delight to deal with. Well worth the wait in line, they are that good!

Description of Work
Security door

Category wrought iron, doors

Thank you! You were a pleasure to work with and we are thrilled you are happy with the end result.

12/07/2017

Christine T.

We would recommend the Larger Company. they are creative, competent , professional and courteous. We were impressed with the service, communication and installation. They are a top notch company that takes great pride in their trade and we could not be more pleased with the quality and installation of our doors.

Description of Work
We needed 2 metal security gates for our backyard.

Category fencing, wrought iron, doors

Thank you for this awesome review! We are very grateful and Thank you for your business!

10/17/2017

John W.

Great gates great price and even better service. I can see why they have a 6 week lead time before they could get to my small project. Worth the wait. Thanks guys you did a great job.

Description of Work
Replace damaged broken and worn out gates.

Category doors, driveway gates

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your business and are thrilled you are happy with the outcome! You're welcome and we hope you think of us the next time you need some iron work done.

07/27/2017

Gail W.

Perfectly. The screens were ready when they were promised. They look beautiful. They fit perfectly. Installation was quick and efficient. All staff were courteous and helpful. I would definitely hire The Larger Company again.

Description of Work
Three decorative screen doors and a gate for the back wall.

Category wrought iron, house painters, doors, driveway gates

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us a review. We are very glad you are happy with your gates and our service and please call again if you need any additional wrought iron work.

07/26/2017

Dan S.

The work was excellent, from the initial job evaluation through installation of completed door and trellises.

Description of Work
Installed new security door and steel, wall-mounted trellises.

Category wrought iron, doors

Thank you very much for your business and the kind words. We are glad you are happy with the door and trellises.

06/20/2017

Jane B.

The quality of work is superb and the service was outstanding. I would highly recommend the Larger Co.

Description of Work
A custom security screen door

Category doors

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. It was fun working on your project and the special design. It makes our job much more enjoyable knowing you like the finished project.

03/28/2017

Lindy T.

Jeff Stevens arrived on time for the estimate and again when repairs were done. He and his helper were very professional in the work done, and Jeff was right behind with his vacuum in case of any mess.

Description of Work
I needed repair of my wrought iron window guards.+

Category replacement windows, wrought iron

Thank you for the fabulous review, we appreciate you taking the time and most importantly for your business.

12/16/2016

Gene & Leila W D.

When Jeff delivered our lovely palm tree, we were pleased but not surprised that he had designed an ingenious way to anchor and stabilize it without sacrificing its beauty and appeal. We had thought a piece of rebar on the back would be fine. Yes, we knew the rebar would show through the fronds but were willing to accept that to have stability. Jeff wanted it to be sturdy but also pleasing to the eye. He stopped the rebar where the fronds begin so it is not only lovely but is more realistic since you don't see rebar behind a live palm tree. Also, we had not thought about the fact that it would twist back and forth in the wind, but Jeff and Albert Garcia, the welder did. To solve that problem, they designed it with two rebar stakes that go into the ground and rebar between the stakes for us to step on to push it in completely so that our palm tree will be steady and secure. Jeff Stevens and Albert Garcia are a marvelous team. We recommend them to anyone who needs ironwork. In fact, when they made our security door last year, I asked Jeff to let me have some of his business cards to give to people in our neighborhood who want to have ironwork done. We don't see how anyone could ever be unhappy or disappointed with their work. It is always perfection! We have told them before to feel free to use us as a reference anytime. We are pleased to have the opportunity to give them another outstanding review; they certainly deserve it. I apologize for not having sent this review when Jeff delivered our palm tree, but our email was not usable in July when he brought the tree. We had to take our CPU to our son to be fixed. We have been out of town and just recently returned with our CPU.

Description of Work
We wanted a metal palm tree to put in our backyard. We had found The Larger Company on Angie's List and had them make us a security door in 2015. It is fantastic, and we could not be more pleased with it. Naturally, when we decided we wanted a palm tree, we called Jeff Stevens at The Larger Company. He is one of the few people in this world to whom we would give complete control to design and construct something, and that is exactly what we did. We told him there was no need for him to check back with us. We said, "Whatever method you think would work well to put it in the ground is okay with us." Since we were confident of his ability, expertise, and conscientiousness, we were happy to trust his judgment. Jeff Stevens, the owner, has the heart, eye, and soul of an artist, he intuitively knows how to create something so that it will be appealing and aesthetically pleasing; however, he also has the knowledge and understanding of how something will perform. He, therefore, devises a way to keep his creations practical and yet allow them to still be beautiful.

Category welding, wrought iron, house painters

Thank you for the fabulous review! We appreciate your business and look forward to helping you with any future wrought iron needs.

03/20/2016

dianne R.

I knew exactly what I wanted for the gate & I wanted it made to prevent snakes entering my back yard. The gate turned out exactly like I'd envisioned! I'm very pleased with it & highly recommend The Larger Company.

Description of Work
Made a custom wrought iron gate for me.

Category fencing, wrought iron

We appreciate your trust in our company and the recommendation! More than anything we are glad you are happy with the final outcome!

10/28/2015

Gene & Leila W D.

I don't know how it would be possible for it to be any better! Since Jeff Stevens, the owner, has the heart, eye, and soul of an artist, he intuitively knows how to create something so that it will be appealing and aesthetically pleasing; however, he also has the knowledge and understanding of how something will perform. He, therefore, devises a way to keep his creations practical and yet allow them to still be beautiful. Jeff is one of the few people in this world to whom we would give complete control to design and construct something, and that is exactly what we did. We asked him to make us a palm tree and said, "any method you want to use to put it in the ground is fine." There was no need for him to check back with us. We said, "We are certain that whatever you think would work will be satisfactory." Since we were confident of his ability, expertise, and conscientiousness, we were happy to trust his judgment. When he delivered our lovely palm tree, we were pleased but not surprised that he had designed an ingenious way to anchor and stabilize it without sacrificing its beauty and appeal. We had thought a piece of rebar on the back side would be fine. Yes, we knew the rebar would show through the fronds but were willing to accept that in order to have stability. Jeff wanted it to be sturdy but also pleasing to the eye. He put the rebar behind the trunk but stopped it where the fronds begin so it is not only lovely but is also more realistic since you don't see rebar behind a live palm tree. Also, we had not thought about the fact that it could twist back and forth in the wind, but Jeff and Albert, the welder, thought about it. To solve that problem, they designed it with two vertical rebar stakes that go into the ground and a horizontal piece of rebar between the stakes for us to step on to push it in completely so that our palm tree will be steady and secure. Jeff Stevens and Albert Garcia are a marvelous team. I recommend them to anyone who needs ironwork. In fact, when they made our security door last year, I asked Jeff to let me have some of his business cards to give to people in our neighborhood who want to have ironwork done. We don't see how anyone could ever be unhappy or disappointed with their work. It is always perfection! We frequently tell them to feel free to use us as a reference anytime. We are pleased to have the opportunity to give them another outstanding review; they certainly deserve it. We apologize for not having submitted this review sooner; however, when Jeff delivered our palm tree our email was not working. We recently got our CPU repaired; we had been unable to access our email since April.

Description of Work
We had a security door installed at the beginning of the entryway to our home

Category wrought iron, doors

Thank you [member name removed] and [member name removed]. It was great to work with you. Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to give us such a raving review. We appreciate it! Feel free to give us a call if you have any comments or questions. Sincerely, Doris

08/21/2015

H L.

Jeff Stevens is the president, and he's the one I dealt with, from estimate through design and installation. He was assisted by Albert on the install. Doris in the office handles billing and customer communication. This is a very nice group of people who listen to their customers, and they exceeded my expectations. I hope to use them again soon for other iron work I will need done at our house. Reasonable prices, quality work.

Description of Work
Design, fabricate and install metal railing for steps at house.

Category doors

Thank you for the wonderful review and confidence in our company to provide you with the design and product you wanted. We would be honored to work with you on any future projects.

07/25/2015

Miranda J.

I contacted The Larger Company and spoke with Doris to explain the issue. She had me send photos by email for Jeff to review to determine whether this was an issue they could address and what would be involved. She explained how their charges work and what I could expect. We made an appointment for Jeff to come out to the house. He came at the appointed time. He examined the gate and talked with me and we determined what he would do. He did it. The price was exactly the minimum amount predicted. All good.

Description of Work
Jeff fixed the alignment of the lock with the post on our front gate.

Category doors, driveway gates

Thank you for your business and the wonderful review, we appreciate it! Please feel free to come in or call if you have any comments or questions.

06/12/2015

John C.

Jeff came out to discuss what we wanted, give us a bid, and measure (twice) in order to fit the iron. We had two other estimates, which he encouraged, but we were pleased with Jeff's professionalism and his price. He drew up a disign, we approved it, paid one-half down and decided on an installation date some weeks hence. The installation was done today by a man who has been an employee of the Larger Company for "10 or 11 years." He did a perfect job, did not take long (it was a small job, after all) and cleaned up completely when he was finished. We would definitely use the Larger Company again for any iron work.

Description of Work
Fabricated and installed a handrail for our front steps and a grab bar at the steps in the back of the house.

05/25/2015

Susan T.

Jeff came to house as scheduled to discuss my fabrication needs offering options to reach my goals. He submitted to me designs and quoted prices with and without powder coating. I took a while to decide on my options and to figure out my priorities according to budget. I called and changed the design of the front security door and then contracted to have it made, powder coated, and installed. I was quite happy that it only took about 3 weeks as other companies I called would take up to two months or more, or were "national" companies - I wanted to stay locally owned and operated. I was called ahead of time to set installation date. Installers arrived on time. Installed the door and weather stripping. It looks fabulous and they even keyed the lock to be able to use the same key as my other door locks. I especially like that they totally cleaned up after themselves - something other vendors have not done a very good job at with other household repairs or installations. I would use again and look forward to getting HOA approval for my fence. Oh, and Doris at the office represented the company well - I initially just dropped in just before closing time to see what they had to offer. The entire company was easy to work with and did as they promised.

Description of Work
Provider gave me estimates for fabricating and installing a security front door, a fence and gate for front yard, a gate for rear yard, and discussed options for something that would allow for privacy above my block wall between my neighbors' house and mine. To work within my budget and timing, I prioritized my needs and had the security front door installed. It is beautiful and now allows us a cross breeze for our house on days that are not too hot. It keeps my cats INSIDE and entertained as they watch traffic and people walk by.

Category fencing, doors, driveway gates

02/05/2015

Ronald C.

Railings matched doors, and are secure. Everythin went very well.

Description of Work
Originally put up steel fron doors and this time deco rails by front steps.