Spartan Plumbing

Founded 1987 • With Angi since February 2010

4.1

6211 East Speedway Blvd

Tucson, AZ 85712

Spartan Plumbing is the leading residential and commercial plumbing company in the Tucson, Arizona area. We specialize in fast, reliable, 24 hour service, while focusing on providing quality customer service to our clients. Call us today for more information!

09/04/2018

Katherine K.

They are excellent saving me thousands when another company said all my pipes needed replaced. I will highly recommend and use them, again.

Description of Work
Plumbing Service

06/12/2017

Sandra B.

I give them an A for quality or I wouldn’t have gone with them. They came right out immediately and they discussed the business part and what he could offer us and then came out and did the job. We are very pleased with it. They were right on time, perfect. They cleaned up the area. The one who came out and gave us the estimate was the owner and his crew worked until dark to get everything done completely and finish what we bought. They went above and beyond.

Description of Work
We used Spartan. They were good and we bought an air conditioning unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

03/14/2017

Helen B.

Called and was quoted a price of $96 per hour for faucet installation (with minimum one hour charge, then charged in 15 minute increments), plus $25 trip charge. Technician was onsite for 1 hour and 15 minutes, which would be $145 total ($96 + $24 + $25). Instead, I was charged $217. Called the Office Manager the next day and was told faucet installation is a flat rate of $192 (plus the $25 trip charge). When I explained I was quoted a price of $96 per hour and the technician was onsite for only 75 minutes, she said the quote was wrong. After much insistence (and I admit I got very angry), she finally agreed to give me a refund of $48 - although I really wanted a refund of $72 (45 minutes of labor). Office Manager got very defensive and angry with me over this - certainly not a "customer first" approach and doing what it would take to make me happy. Had I been refunded $72 instead of only $48, I would be happy and would not have written this negative review. (BTW, the technician did not center the faucet (spout would turn to the left but not to the right). The faucet was functional, but the technician had to come out again the following day correct the installation.)

Description of Work
Kitchen faucet installation

10/31/2016

MICHAEL&MARIEL M.

They went above and beyond to get the job done right. They followed up afterward to make sure I was satisfied.

Description of Work
There was a water pipe that burst so they replaced the pipes in the kitchen. They fixed the tile around the tub.

10/22/2016

Stephen M.

I called at Spartan at 3:00 p.m. Saturday and was told someone would be at the house between 4:00 and 6:30 p.m. 7:00 p.m. rolls around and nobody is there and nobody has called me. I call back to get the answering service, who contacts the guy who was supposed to handle the call. 1/2 hour goes by and I get a call from some guy who is equivocating about when he will be able to make it out ("should be by 8:30" blah, blah, blah). I start calling other plumbers, but of course it is now Saturday night and I am being told by Roto Rooter a service guy can get to me in an 1 to 2 hours. I ask what the charges are and am told I will have to wait to talk to the service guy for that information. Sure, I'll wait another couple of hours to be given some ridiculous charge. Cummings Plumbing's answering service said $99 for the first hour. The plumber who called me said no, it is $346 for the first hour. I told him to forget it. While I am calling a guy from Spartan says they are ready to come by if I still want. Ok, I say, come by. They try to snake out the line and say the snake can't reach the blockage and all they have is a 90' snake, so my what I need to do is have a second cleanout installed closer to the street. This is a rental I own and is occupied, as the plumber knows, so he knows I have to fix the problem. When could it be done?, I ask. "I can get a crew out here tomorrow," he says. How much will it cost? I ask. "About $2,200," he says. I tell him no, thanks, and pay him $152 for not fixing the problem. The next day, Tom from Silverado Rooter and Plumbing comes out and clears the blockage for $130. I subsequently call the Spartan guy and ask why he didn't pull the toilet close to the sewer line and snake the line out. He tells me he used to do that, but because of possible problems with the toilet flange blah, blah, blah, he doesn't do that any more. Really? Digging up and adding a cleanout to an 80 year old sewer line for $2,200 is the way to go, huh? Something tells me that after they started work, I'd be hearing that the sewer line is old and cracked and I needed to replace it for, say, $8,000. Regardless, the guy brings a puny snake that isn't up to the job, charges me $152 to not fix the problem, and recommends an expensive solution that is ripe for trouble rather than pulling a toilet because of some speculative concern that the toilet flange could be a problem. So, I speak with Jeb, the Spartan service manager, because I find it hard to believe in the big truck the plumber came in there was not a longer snake. Jeb confirms that all they have are 90' snakes with a 10' extension (the bill I received says only the 90' snake was used) because code requires a cleanout every 100'. Jeb then acknowledges that there are a lot of houses in Tucson that were built before this code was in place. He confirms that they used to pull toilets and run snakes, but don't anymore because blah, blah, blah. He offered to refund $50. I told him to keep it, that and I would use every review site I could to relay my experience and warn others away. On a Sunday afternoon, Tom from Silverado Rooter and Plumbing responded to my call regarding a blocked sewer line, showing up right when he said he would. He warned me in advance there was an extra $25/hr weekend rate (about $100 for the first hour, normally) and a nominal mileage fee, which was peanuts compared to what some of these other gougers charge. Within 1/2 hour, Tom had the line cleared, then snaked it again for good measure with the 150' snake he brought. The difference between this honest, quick resolution of a common problem contrasts with the responses of Spartan plumbing, which I had the misfortune of call first. If you want a company that has inadequate equipment, then tries to tell you you will have to spend thousands of dollars do something that is liable to create even more problems, call Spartan. Since I dealt with them, I have heard similar stories about how Spartan tried to turn a low-cost job into a job that cost thousands of dollars. If you want to fix your problem in a reasonable manner, call Silverado. If you want to spend thousands for what should cost $100 to $200, call Spartan.

Description of Work
Spartan responded to my call to have a residential sewer line cleared.

10/12/2016

BELINDA V.

They were good. Very professional and prompt.

Description of Work
They did the drain in the bathtub.

02/10/2016

Darlene W.

They arrived on time and were very professional, according to the friend who was on-site for the repairs. The leaking was alleviated so I thought everything was ok. A year later it started leaking again. Upon closer inspection I saw that the arrow on the valve body (to indicate the direction of water flow) was backwards. I don't know why it worked as long as it did, but obviously it was installed incorrectly. The automatic feature of the drip system hadn't worked since before the repairs, so I don't know if that was due to the valve or not. Since then I hired an actual landscape company to make repairs and everything has worked properly.

Description of Work
Replaced the automatic valve for my back yard drip system.

06/29/2015

Russell T.

Spartan is 2-3 times as expensive as others and because they know this, they want to get your money without seeing what the competition will provide. They charged my credit card for the sewer video without ever providing a DVD or any kind of interpretation of the video so that it could be used by competitors. Spartan advertises as the only one authorized for trenchless repairs in Tucson -- however that is not true like their other come ons.

Description of Work
Spartan was called out to look at doing a trenchless pipe repair. However, they knew from the onset that trenchless was not what they were going to propose and charged me for the sewer video / assessment anyway.

09/05/2014

Kathy B.

I used to like them, but they were trying to sell me things which were untrue. I think they were trying to commit fraud. The guy came out, and we had a stoppage, and it was a cold day. I was sick, and he goes out there, he ran the roto rooter, and then he said that I had a busted pipe and I needed to have it replaced. I asked him what it would cost, and he said it would cost between $8000 and $15000. I asked what they were going to do, and he said they were going to dig up the whole yard and do it. He said that they would come with a camera. I said I was going to get more quotes, and the minute I said that, the whole tone changed, he packed up and got out. A few weeks later, it still wasn't draining well, so I called another company, and he said that he didn't snake it all the way out, and punched a hole to drain it out. They found roots at the bottom there, but they didn't find a breakage. They finished the job and it was reasonable. Spartan did not come back with the camera. I didn't appreciate the high pressure sale. There was another experience as well, where they charged me $250 for something that was $125. They wanted to dig up my front yard, which was not needed, and that is crooked. They showed up on time.

Description of Work
I had some bad experiences with Spartan plumbing.

06/25/2014

Leslie M.

I did not find this service provider on Angie's list! Found it on Google Search. The ones I contacted on Angie's List (four providers) were unable to come out the same day and the charge quoted was pretty much the same found on Google Search. Spartan Plumbing did come out within the hour and fixed the problem. So my experience with Angie's List was an unproductive use of my time and money. It may serve its purpose as advertised but with the information out there for all it seems useless.

Description of Work
Changed under sink plumbing.

06/06/2014

Diane B.

We hired Spartan Plumbing to replace all of the interior polybutylene piping in our new house. We got 3 quotes - Spartan was not the cheapest but they said they could accommodate my travel schedule, so we went with them. Unfortunately they ran about 4 days late completing the job so I had to change my flight schedule anyway. The good..... The workers showed up on time and worked 4-5 hours per day. They were all personable and professional. I was never without water for more than 1-2 hours during the installation. Over a year later, no leaks... The bad.... They ran the piping through the attic with no insulation. During the summer last year, and now this year, the cold water comes out extremely hot in the afternoon (hotter than the hot water!). We complained to them last summer and they advised that they do not include insulation in their quote in order to keep their price low. Spartan offered to come back out and insulate the pipes for $850.00. We told them they should have given us the option during insulation or at least advised us that you need special insulation on your pipes in Arizona... (We moved here from Texas, which is just as hot in the summer and never experienced anything like this). Also, they ran the new piping along the outside base of the kitchen cabinets - attached with duct tape!. Looks really unsightly. (Several contractors we've had out said this is just a lazy way to run the pipes). Overall, my impression is that Spartan is not a high quality company. They do the minimum and move on to the next job. I would not use them again and will hire another company to insulate the pipes.

Description of Work
Replaced polybutylene piping.

04/19/2014

Benjamin B.

Spartan Plumbing will break your stuff and replace it, but you have to pay them to do it. Their plumbers broke six large tiles around wet bar sink and cracked the formica around the laundry room sink during sink and faucet replacement; also chipped brand new plastic laundry room sink in several places and did poor job of caulking. Plumbers tried to cover chips in laundry room sink with caulking and did not mention that this had happened. I discovered it after they left (and after paying, unfortunately). Spartan reimbursed the cost of the laundry room sink and paid for repair to tile but insisted on charging for the labor, which was over $600 for the plumber and his helper. The helper stood around and watched a good portion of the time. Spartan told me that having a helper is company policy to avoid damage to the sink, which happened anyway. I paid for 6 hours at $50 per hour ($300) for an unnecessary helper and 5.5 hours at $92 per hour ($506) for the main plumber. The total that day was $981.07 and the only satisfactory work that was done was the replacement of the kitchen faucet, which I provided. It took approximately one hour for what should have been one plumber. I did not believe that I should be charged for labor on the wet bar and laundry room sink/faucet replacements since they caused damage to my two countertops and laundry room sink. I paid our handyman to fix the tile on the wet bar, and although they reimbursed for his labor and the cost of the tile, the price that I paid for the two reckless plumbers for their labor far exceeded the amount that was reimbursed. We were unable to fix the formica in the laundry room and ended up having to replace the entire countertop, for which I did not ask for reimbursement. It is also important to note that the reimbursement did not include the cost to have the sinks and faucets reinstalled by someone else, so I had to pay for that a second time. When I submitted my receipts to Spartan for reimbursement, I had not yet had the sinks and faucets reinstalled and did not think to include it since I figured that Spartan would reimburse me for their labor. After having to call several times, Spartan mailed me a letter and a check for “payment in full” which was less than half of what I expected. I tried to discuss that I should not have to pay them for their labor, but they insisted that because they performed the work that they are entitled to their labor. I had a run around conversation on the phone in which they provided nothing but faulty logic and analogies. They claimed that it was a time and materials job but if it had been a bid job, everything including the labor would have been taken into account. Also, they claimed that it was accidental rather than intentional damage. I would hope that the latter is true and as a customer I do not care what kind of job it was. Also, if they had reinstalled the sink and fixtures at no extra cost to me after the damage to the countertops had been fixed, I would have no problems paying for their original labor costs as billed, but they did not. I paid Spartan and then had to have Granite Planet reinstall the sinks and faucets. Actually, I ended up paying Granite Planet to redo the tile since the handyman’s tiles were not cut as smoothly as they could have been. I was trying to fix in an economical way by having the handyman do it and should have just hired Granite Planet in the first place. However, since it took so long to hear from Spartan, I did not know whether I would be reimbursed by them and wanted to keep costs as low as possible in case I was stuck with the bill. After Spartan refused to reimburse me for their own labor, I asked them to pay the additional $275 that Granite Planet charged over what I paid to the handyman to get it done right. That seemed to be a reasonable compromise but they refused. When things go wrong, that is when good companies do what is right. AVOID SPARTAN.

Description of Work
Replace kitchen faucet, wet bar sink and faucet and laundry room sink and faucet. All items were provided by owner.

05/13/2013

Jessica S.

This is the most amazingly prompt service I have had from any service professional ever! I have had them out to the house 3 times, and two of those times a plumber was at my house within the hour. I have called them for minor plumbing leaks and the service has always been performed professionally, fast and courteously. Price is on the high end, but it is nice to have honest people to count on.

Description of Work
I have had Spartan out to the house for a few different minor plumbing leaks.

09/29/2012

BRUCE H.

Mike was very honest. He could have signed us up for $1000.00 of repipe but suggested clearing the line and wait and see approuch as the problem may not reoccur.

Description of Work
Tree roots in bathtub drain line.

07/23/2012

Richard B.

Excellent. Rick Coyle tested everything and tried everything. Hard and serious worker.

Description of Work
Drain service for line from bath tub. Very difficult line or trap.

07/10/2012

Stephanie F.

They did excellent work and well priced. We appreciated that they were prompt and tended to our issues.

Description of Work
We hired them to repair our main sewer line for our home. .

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Spartan Plumbing, Inc. always strives to perform all services with in a timely manner and we do our best to stay competitive when it comes to pricing.

03/22/2012

Stephen J Y.

Pipe layout and installation went fine. Punctual and hard working crew. Installation of new fixtures was more problematic due to lack of experience. Would use them again for rough in but would get more experienced team for finish work.

Description of Work
Replaced polybutylene piping with modern PEX & installed a few new fixtures in baths & kitchen.

02/13/2012

Barbara A.

They have a 24-hour service, which the other company that we use regularly doesn't. The person who came was in the middle of putting together a rocket with his little kid; but he came and fixed our problem and it was great. They were excellent and they were completely reliable. They came on time; and came when they said they would and it was a holiday. When they came on a holiday; I knew I was paying extra; but as long as they warned me beforehand I didn't care. I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
We used the services of Spartan Plumbing for plumbing. The last time we used them was on December 26th 2010; when we had an emergency, everything was backing up and all of a sudden there was all this water. It took them two seconds to fix it from the outside.

09/19/2011

Stephanie F.

Plumber arrived, diagnosed, replaces faulty plumbing done by other company, identified flow problem and repaired. Fast friendly they had all the parts needed right there.

Description of Work
Drain problem, trouble shoot, repaired. Fast reasonable and got us back to normal. Don't waste time with seemingly "cheap" fixes when it comes to your pipes, better to spend the money and get it done right. We used several craigslist plumbers first. Total waste of money.

05/05/2011

Barbara A.

My regular plumber isn't open Chrismas Eve but I used Spartan a while back and I see then in my neighborhood. Thank goodness they were open. I had to pay more because of the holiday, but who wants no hot water on Christmas. They fixed it and were great.

Description of Work
The pilot on my water heater went out and was broken I couldn't relight it.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

02/15/2011

Mark R.

They did great. They matched up the drywall perfectly and kept everything clean. They cleaned up everyday. Overall I think they did a very nice job. The workers were really professional and great, they made one mistake but people make mistakes and it turned out great.

Description of Work
They had to take out all the plumbing and matched up the drywall then painted it.

Category plumbing

We always try to make it seem like we were never there. We do our best to clean up and not leave any residual mess for the homeowner as well as match the drywall so that you can never tell any work was done. Customer satisfaction is what we strive for!

12/29/2010

Richard W.

I wasn't here while they did the job. There was a little glitch, but they came back and took care of it right away. It's a typical plumbing company. They did what they came to do.

Description of Work
I had some remodeling done, and they replaced some plumbing.

12/22/2010

Larry and Kathy L.

Get a WRITTEN estimate! I cannot stress this enough. Plumber showed at the door on time. After being told of the trouble and a quick look around he gave verbal estimate of about three hundred $$ and something. That sounded good so we had him start right away. We had no idea of price progression only that he said he would NOT charge for numerous trips for parts and exchanging of wrong parts and would "try to keep price as low as possible." We were presented with bill at completion of more than $900! We just paid it and did not ask for explanations. Note: we did have a couple follow-up issues and company sent plumber out right away.

Description of Work
replace 2 irrigation valves and repair/replace shower fixtures in one bathroom

08/03/2010

Randall D.

Outstanding service and follow-up. Rick, the plumber, initially installed a temporary line so that I would have water. He installed the permanent line and returned to repair a drip system leak at no charge. He was very professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Replacement of main water line from meter to house.

02/10/2010

Helene G.

From start to finish, the same young man came to check what the problem was, gave me an estimate, set up an appointment, and supervised while the work was getting done: he was exceptional, clean, polite, a real pleasure to work with - everything was A+.

Description of Work
leak in water pipe in front lawn - they replaced it with a new pipe.

Elite Rooter

Dynamic Comfort LLC, AC and Heating

Local family owned and operated, certified HVAC Contractor. 24 Hour Emergency Repair, Custom Installs, Maintenance Plans, Diagnostics, and repairs. “Where Your Comfort is Our Only Concern"24 HOUR EMERGENCY ASSISTANC AVAILABLE..

Rite Way Heating Cooling & Plumbing

Rite Way Heating, Cooling & Plumbing has been helping improve customer's homes in Southern Arizona since 1959. We are of course fully bonded, licensed and insured. We are locally owned and a well know fixture in the community. We currently employee over 150 wonderful people in Tucson and you likely see our trucks all over town. We are dedicated to building science and modern technology, which is why our HVAC installations are well known as some of the best around. We pull permits on almost every job, the fact that we go over and above code requirements to achieve high quality AC replacement is one of the reasons we count a number of inspectors among our clients. In recent years, we have won the Trane President's Award for Best Trane Dealer in Tucson and are the largest Lennox dealer in the region. We have also won Arizona Daily Star Best In Tucson awards in 2019 and 2020. But what makes us the choice for so many local customers is our people - we hire for quality and then invest in training them to be the best. You'll find friendly, supportive and communicative expertise from your first call to our office all the way through to support and responsiveness once your work is completed. We look forward to the opportunity to make you another genuinely satisfied customer, please give us a call.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

24-Hour Emergency Plumbing, Drain Cleaning, Hydrojetting, Burst Pipe Repair, Water Leak Detection, Gas Line Repairs & Leak Detection, Boiler Repairs, Sewer Line Repairs, Trenchless Sewer Repair, Sewer Smoke Testing, Repiping, Water Heaters, Tankless Water Heaters, Garbage Disposals, Faucets, Fixtures & Sinks, Bathroom Remodeling, Clogged Toilet Repairs, Backflow Testing & Certification, Sump Pumps, Slab Leak Repairs, Water Softeners, Water Filtration Systems, New Construction Plumbing, Commercia

Ask for Details!