Progressive Pools and Spas

Founded 1994 • With Angi since July 2006

4.2

Swimming Pools and Spas, construction, remodeling and renovations, weekly, monthly, vacation service and repair. Replacement parts and chemical sales.Green pool clean up, new pool start ups and post plaster care. Equipment: pumps, motors, filters, heaters, electrical, plumbing (above ground and below ground), hydrolic design and evaluation, valves and valving, leak repair, lights, timers cleaning systems, remote systems, autofill, slides, diving boards, handrails, ladders, covers commercial and residential. We employ a mix of the most experienced professionals in the industry and can handle the diverse jobs both large and small. Beating our customers expectations quickly and efficiently is our main goal....

Dynamic Comfort LLC, AC and Heating

Local family owned and operates certified HVAC Contractor. 24 Hour Emergency Repair, Custom Installs, Maintenance Plans, Diagnostics, and repairs. “Where Your Comfort is Our Only Concern"24 HOUR EMERGENCY ASSISTANC AVAILABLE..

VERDUGO MASONRY

Established in 1987 and a 2017 winner of the Super Service Award, VERDUGO MASONRY has been providing masonry services of all kinds to the Tucson area. PLEASE CALL FOR THE FASTEST RESPONSE TIME (vs emailing or messaging on the message center). From general masonry repairs, to block walls, to pavers, to flooring and room additions, Sergio of VERDUGO MASONRY can do it all. We pride ourselves in developing long-lasting relationships with our customers by listening to their needs and determining the best solution for the individual customer and job. VERDUGO MASONRY has built its reputation on quality customer service and excellence – just look at our reviews! We have been pleasing Angie's List clients for over 30 years and are an A+/Accredited business on the Better Business Bureau since 2017. Give us a call today to further discuss your masonry needs and services!

Turn It On Electric

WE ARE AN ESSENTIAL SERVICE AND ARE CURRENTLY OPEN! Turn It On Electric is one of the top electricians in the Tucson area. Regardless of how big or small your electrical needs are, we have professional and licensed electricians ready to respond to your home and business electrical needs. Whether commercial, residential, or industrial our highly skilled electricians will take the time to determine your needs. We are insured, bonded, and licensed Tucson electricians to give you peace of mind. Our number one priority is the customer and our list of clients is as diverse as the various needs we are requested to address. We believe that if it isn't done right, it isn't done and remind customers that every time a light turns on, thank an electrician, and when it doesn't, to call us. Prompt emergency electrical service is available 24 hours a day for Tucson and surrounding cities. Appliance circuits, circuit breakers & fuses, ceiling fan installation & maintenance, code corrections, data/ communication lines, dedicated computer circuits, electric water heaters, exhaust fans, fluorescent lighting, ground fault interrupt circuits, generator transfer switch installation, hot tubs & spas, LED lighting, lighting design & maintenance, motors, outlets & circuits, security/ landscape lighting, panel upgrades, smoke detectors, surge protector, transformers, etc. 10% military, first responder, and veterans discount.

04/09/2015

Brenda L.

I had lost complete control of my pool and Progressive returned my panic-call immediately and asked several questions and was so kind and helpful. Rob was sent out to my home next morning early and he began working on my pool and was so calm, kind and professional. Reassured me that all would turn out well. He came back each day for several days and continued monitoring the water and pump. My pool turned clear just as he had promised and he gave me his number to call anytime with concerns. Each visit my yard and cool deck was left neat and tidy. I was so pleased with Progressive's Office staff (April) and Field Staff. Rob) April, the secretary/scheduler even called me this morning to see how my pool looked and asked if I was satisfied or if I needed any further assistance. How great was that. Would certainly recommend them and plan on keeping their number handy for future problems.

Description of Work
Changed sand in filter, treated pool which was green, green, green. Vacumned and skimmed thoroughly. Made several trips to my home to check on progress of chemicals etc.

07/11/2014

Shonda B.

I can't speak to their price because it's covered by our landlord but Tim is our pool service provider and he has been great for the past year. He is very conscientious as an individual and as a company, they've been very responsive with any of our issues. We actually had a leakage on the 4th of July week and Tim actually had to come out to the house a day early, caught it and they had it fixed within two days.

Description of Work
We currently use Progressive Pool for standard pool service. They come out weekly.

07/15/2013

Diana M.

We are leaving them after a year of uneven service. Although we are supposed to get serviced on a particular day of the week, that's not reliable. There is no communication when a day is missed. The pool man did not know how to change our timers (we did it ourselves after waiting over 2 weeks for a follow-up with his tech support). They have failed to mention or suggest replacing/repairing broken filter baskets and stuck valves-we have discovered on our own. We have had to provide a lot of our own labor to keep pool clean. We rarely see a supervisor in the field (twice in 1 year period) even though we have one assigned to us. It's possible our pool tech just has too many clients to service properly. They seemed nice when we first met.

Description of Work
Provided weekly service to clean and maintain pool & spa.

Category pool cleaners

I contacted [member name removed] and explained that we are in the process of adding some exceptional personnel, eliminating the unreliable ones. The management has been restructured and check systems are being implemented to provide the A+ service our customers are accustomed to. I assured her I will guarantee excellent service should she ever change her mind and give us another chance. I really appreciate the input and we parted on good terms. I am sorry for the troubles that she experienced with our service and hope some day she will have the opportunity to experience the quality service we expect from the team of pros we have now after all the restructuring and new processes that are in place. Thank you again [member name removed] for bringing these concerns to our attention. Best Wishes, Bill Briggs (General Manager)

07/27/2012

kari R.

During that time I have had three different pool service people all with problems. The first pool serviceman (~3 months) did a backwash and neglected to notice that the hose had large holes in it therefore leaving a large amount of white DE residue all over the stone in my backyard. The second pool serviceman (~ 8 months) noticed the backwash hose needed to be replaced and did it for me BEFORE he covered my backyard DE like the prior serviceman. However, months later this serviceman told me my filter motor wasn't working and had me call in a repair. I used my home warranty (not progressive) and learned that it was a clogged pipe that should have been cleared by my weekly service. I voiced my frustration to Progressive Pools and someone was going to call me back, but never did. I had to pay $60 for my home warranty service charge even though nothing was wrong and it was due to error of the progressice serviceman. Everyone makes mistakes (although I was assured this was a very obvious clog) so I continued service with them. The third and final serviceman (~1 months) has done a poor job cleaning my pool but that is subjective. However, one day when he was here for my weekly service my filter wasn't working (separate issue from above). Instead of notifying me of this via doortag or phone call, he wrote it on the timecard stored in the timer clock of my pool - who looks at that? I called to complain and they agreed I should have been left a door hanger noting the problem. There are so many pool service options out there, it just isn't worth the frustration dealing with them anymore. Also, each month I was getting more and more chemical charges. Shopping around, found better deals with chemicals included. The pool servicemen were very nice and even left cell numbers if I had questions about a minor issue, etc. However, I was paying for weekly pool service and wanted something more reliable. Not terrible, just not for me.

Description of Work
Had weekly pool service through Progressive Pools for 1 year (full service ~$90/month).

Category pool cleaners

[member name removed], I am sorry I am so late in my response to you (still working on my techie skills). I am sorry for the problems you encountered with our service and if you like I will make the situation right. If we were at fault then I have no problem Covering the call. We have a very strong fine tuned team now that I can personally guarantee you that we can beat your expectations of our service now if you would consider a second chance. You mat contact me directly on my cell 909-3338 or our office at 747-3380, Thank you for the input, William Briggs (General Manager)

06/06/2012

Hope P.

They have been wonderful to me. They take care of the chemicals. I pay $85 a month and I have a large pool and spa. The man that comes every week is very nice.

Description of Work
They repaired my pool and put in a different system to turn the system on and off. I also have them come and clean my pool once a week

08/22/2011

Petra B.

Previous to this year, company was responsive. But this year had nothing but problems. Originally came out to fix a sticking backwash valve (3rd time) and replace bulbs in ozonator on 4/15/11. Took apart the ozonator and greased the valve. Then had to wait until July for the ozonator bulbs. Called several times to check on this, never called me. Valve was still sticking. I took it out myself and greased it several times. Came out on 7/6 or 7/7 (can't remember exactly) to put in ozonator bulbs. Could not put it back together and took it with him to look at schematics. Was supposed to come back on 7/8 with the ozonator to put it back in, never showed. Did not call to say he was not coming. I waited all day. Came out on 7/11 and fixed it after me having called them again. Handle on backwash valve kept on sticking and broke off on 8/19/11. Called and someone was supposed to come out on 8/20. Waited all day and nobody showed up. Did not call about not coming again. Called them today, 8/22/11 and told them I would not be using their services in the future. Dind't seem to know that no one came out on 8/20.

Description of Work
Replace bulbs in ozonator, repair stuck backwash valve.

07/20/2011

Michael D.

They are good pool people. I will continue to use them.

Description of Work
I use Progressive Pools & Service to clean and service the pool.

08/05/2010

Colin and Caroline W.

Some water problems had affected the plaster on the pool, which we found out that everything wasn't done to the plaster to prevent this from happening. This company were polite, arrived when they were supposed to, and had the work done on time. I'd definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
They re-built our pool. It need a complete resurfacing, tiling and completely re-do the plaster.

08/13/2008

JAMES C.

They came out and gave me an estimate. It was a long time before they did the work, but the work they did was very good. It took them about two months to get the job done.

Description of Work
They replaced some cracked decking, put in a railing and they removed the calcium deposits on my tile.

10/23/2006

SUSAN H.

Lots of incompetent helpers before KEN arrived and solved everything. He was (and continues to be) wonderful and competent, but it took a long time for him to be the one who showed up and fixed it. They were responsive on the phone but useless doing the work. I'm not sure we didn't overpay.

Description of Work
Broken heater, filters, spa and other pieces of our pool in our new home. After several visits it was finally repaired.

Progressive Pools and Spas

Founded 1994 • With Angi since July 2006

4.2

6508 E Nelson Dr

Tucson, AZ 85730

Weekly cleaning service, Vacation cleanings, one time cleanings, tile cleaning. Remodeling pools. Plaster, Pebble Tec, tile, plumbing repair and replacement, decking, cleaning systems, efficiency upgrades pumps, lights, electrical, heaters and remote systems. Pool equipment installation, replacement and repairs.

non pool related repairs