MR PACK RAT INC

Founded 2004 • With Angi since July 2008

432 S WILLIAMS BLVD

Tucson, AZ 85711

Mr. Pack Rat is a one-of-a-kind service company located in Tucson, Arizona devoted exclusively to resolving pack rat issues with the safest, most humane and effective methods possible....

09/09/2019

Tom W.

Superb! Wendall came, saw the problem, Set up 2 traps on either side of the box, we lifted the box, the rat ran out, into a trap. He cleaned up the nests, helped me return the box, ID'd the rat as a young male and reassured me that he was likely a loner. I wanted to settle up, he refused, said he had only spent 10 minutes, but of course said that if there was further problems requiring setup of traps, mon itering,etc they would have to charge. would accept NO money. Very professional!!

Description of Work
remove a Pack Rat from under a yard storage box

Category animal removal

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Mr. Pack Rat on Angie's List and Google. I am glad Wendell was able to help you quickly. Our business is built on our reputation and having a happy customer for ten minutes of work is all the payment we need. Please contact us anytime we can be of service. ~Kris

08/28/2019

Jane L.

This is a first rate company. I hired them to remove a number of pack rat nests on our property. They are professional and honest. The gentleman (Eric) who came to do the estimate was knowledgeable and personable. The gentlemen who came to do the work (Matt, Joaquin, and Paul) were hard working and extremely competent. They worked tirelessly and diligently despite some very hot days! They were also polite and attentive to my questions and requests. Finally, Dulaine who answered the phone was efficient and professional, always giving me good information about my service. From the quality of these workers, it is obvious this is a well-run company with excellent management at the top. I hope my pack rat problem is under control, but if/when it comes to additional services, I will definitely by calling Mr. Pack Rat in Tucson.

Description of Work
Pack Rat nest removal

Category pest control,animal removal

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. Everyone works very hard to please and it is always great to know your efforts are appreciated. I am very fortunate to have such a dedicated team of coworkers. I will be sure to share your compliments with each. Please feel free to contact us anytime we can be of service. All the best, Kris

09/20/2018

Todd B.

Mr. Pack Rat's owner, Kris, just completed an inspection and consultation at my home, and I could not be more impressed with his expertise and professionalism. He clearly has extensive knowledge of pack rat biology and behavior, and he is a patient and skillful communicator. In the course of a very thorough inspection, he identified a number of places where rats could potentially gain entry to the house, and he gave me clear and detailed instructions on how to implement some fairly simple corrective measures. He also advised me on how to make outdoor areas that are sometimes visited by rats less attractive to them, and on how to rat-proof our hot tub. I am confident that by following his directions I will be able to prevent an infestation from occurring, but if I ever do have a nest that needs to be removed, I will not hesitate to contact Mr. Pack Rat. I recommend this company without reservation to anyone who has a pack rat issue of any kind. I'll add that the company's website is a valuable resource in its own right. If you think you might have a pack rat problem, or just want to do everything you can to avoid having one, be sure to check it out – there's a wealth of very helpful information there.

Description of Work
Inspection and Consultation

04/12/2017

SUSANNAH M.

Mr. Pack Rat is great - they trap the rats, take them away and clean up the nest.

Description of Work
Had a big pack rat nest in my side yard.

01/06/2015

Lisa H.

I really can't say enough about the professionalism of the Mr. Pack Rat team and quality of the service that Valerie and Wendell provided. We live off of a wash (natural drainage area and home to wildlife), and we've been fortunate enough not to have any pack rat issues until just this past year. This fall, we had rats chew into the hard plastic surrounding an outdoor spa...and of course they packed the spa components full of mesquite pods, chewed through electric wires and ate pieces of the plumbing. Pack rats also nested all around the outdoor air conditioning units during the summer. It was a mess. Mr. Pack Rat was highly recommended to me by a couple of real estate agent friends. Valerie and Wendell were immediately responsive when I called, and they provided very thorough estimates and an explanation for what needed to be done. I didn't think much about pack rats until this happened, but I did learn that it is VERY important not to place poison out to try and eradicate the pack rats -- anyone who is even thinking about taking this short cut should view all of the photos online that detail what happens to the entire area food chain when rats (a favorite food for bobcats, hawks, owls, and other predators) consume the poison. Poison also doesn't keep the rats from returning -- and that is where Mr. Pack Rat really excels. Wendell provided a very detailed explanation of the rat 'habitat' areas around our home, and designed effective and lasting barriers to keep the rats out of the places where their chewing and/or nests could cause future damage to our air conditioning system and spa. Throughout the process, Valerie proactively would send estimates, call to schedule return services, and generally keep us up-to-date. We've had to work with a lot of contractors recently, and this level of service was notable and refreshing. We highly recommend Mr. Pack Rat, and will definitely use them again as needed in the future.

Description of Work
Thorough inspection and removal of pack rat nests around property, observation of area to determine effectiveness of clean-up, strategic metal panels and screen placed around air conditioning unit and spa (two separate service visits).

Category pest control,animal removal

[Member Name], Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an in depth and concise review. Your comments and praise for Valorie and Wendell are very appreciated. We try hard to make sure every customer experience is as positive as yours and it is great to hear back that our efforts are working. All the very best to you and please don't hesitate to contact me anytime we can be of service. Kris - Owner

10/27/2014

David G.

One of the areas was a pack rat. Since I had already cleared the area and had traps out, he said I was already well on the way to a solution and to continue with what I was doing. Kris determined that the other problem was field mice and not pack rats. Kris took the time to tell me how to get rid of the mice and plug up the holes. There was no charge for great advice on how to solve the problem,

Description of Work
Kris provided a full inspection and advice for 2 suspected areas on the property.

Category pest control,animal removal

(removed member name), Thank you for your comments. Please feel free to contact me anytime if you ever have questions or need additional help. ~Kris

06/12/2014

Christine O.

Wendell was on time, polite, professional, and knowledgeable. He located entry points, possible future entry points, trapped several rats, and secured both buildings from future intrusions. No more weird noises in the ceiling! Would definitely recommend!

Description of Work
Pack rat removal and securing house and shed from further rats.

10/08/2013

Ruth D.

Wendell walked the property and told me areas that I should change to discourage rats from inhabiting the area. I was impressed with his honesty when he was unable to put wire mesh at the base of our fire pit as it wouldn't adhere to the fire pit. He apologized that he was unable to fix it and took the amount off the bill it would have cost to do it had he been able. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Property was inspected, traps set, rat caught and removed, nest cleaned up, areas where rats could potentially enter house were sealed, original nesting area was plugged so couldn't be used again.

09/18/2013

Patricia D S.

My experience with Mr. Pack Rat was positive. I have recommended him to friends since everyone I know that live where there is any desert have pack rats. The whole experience was a good one. I'm thankful to be rid of at least one pack rat.

Description of Work
I have had trouble with pack rats for as long as I've lived in my house (since 1988) and after spending yet another $600.00 on car damage done by one pack rat, I called Mr. Pack Rat. He came out the next day and in our walk around the varmint stuck his nasty little head up and Warren got a trap and trapped him in the cage. He didn't charge me for this service. I've not had any trouble since then but will definitely call Mr. Pack Rat if I need him.

09/15/2013

Andrew B.

I HATE PACK RATS!!!! Hate them. I saw one in my garage on a Sunday. It looked at me. I could see where it had begun gathering material for what looked like a nest. It was in what I thought was a very awkward location - on a ledge behind the hot water heater. I called Mr. Pack Rat the next morning. They could come quickly but I was unavailable. The lady that answered the phone was super gracious and professional and listened to my every complaint about pack rats. She worked with my schedule immediately and said that Wendell (I hope its ok to put names down) would be at my house a few days later. He showed up on time and was very nice and professional. He even commented that he spent tons of time in the dessert so didn't usually walk through people's houses. I thought this was a nice touch so I am pointing it out. I showed him what I had seen and he confirmed that the pack rat was indeed trying to build a nest there. He walked the entire garage checking in nooks and crannies for the pack rat. While doing this he explained more information about pack rats and that he probably came in to the garage in the car's engine. The pack rat had begun to chew on the rubber thing at the bottom of the garage. Wendell cleaned it up and told me the pack rat was trying to get out. I thought it was the other way around. He then set a trap and sealed off the exit. Afterwards, we walked the property and he showed me all the existing nests and even identified why they were nests. There was even many a spot we looked at that he could have easily said nest and I would not have known any differently. He identified 16 nests total and provided a quote right then and there. I told them to get rid of them all. However, I will note I did not feel pressure from Wendell to have them removed at all. He just identified them and let me make my decision. I was called and told when they would be here and what would be done. They were almost stealth like. I did see them setting traps but the rest was done so well that I have no complaints what so ever. The dessert looks very well preserved and almost undisturbed except for the missing nests. I had thought that this might be a sham and an overpriced effort to do nothing. However, I am glad to be proved WRONG!!! The pack rat in my garage was caught that first night and Wendell came and took him away and left a few more traps just to make sure there were none. If I could give Mr. Pack Rat an A+ I would. I have nothing but good things to say about this company.

Description of Work
Removed 13 pack rats and 16 nest sites.

Northwest Exterminating

Keep all of the unwanted invaders out of your home with the expert services of Northwest Exterminating. We specialize in controlling the pests that are found in Arizona’s unique desert environment. Our team works throughout the Tucson area and is completely dedicated to keeping your home free of pests while providing a level of customer service that far surpasses your greatest expectations. With our vast resources of experience, we can tackle your pest infestation problem effectively and efficiently. The types of pests we can help you eliminate include: • Roaches: Oriental, German, Brown-Banded, American • Centipedes/Millipedes • Ants: Cornfield, Pavement, Pharaoh, Odorous, Big Headed, Argentine, Southern Fire, Leaf Cutter and Crazy Ant • Spiders: Solpugids, Orb, Wolf, Tarantula, Black Widow, and Arizona Brown Spider • Silverfish • Earwigs • Crickets • Pillbugs • Sowbugs • Boxelder Bugs • Beetles • Flies • Bed Bugs • Mosquitoes • Cat Flea • Brown Dog Tick • Scorpions: Bark, Desert Hairy, and Striped Tail • Bees: Africanized, Digger, Leafcutter, Carpenter, Paper Wasp, Cicada Wasp and Bumble Bee • Termites: Subterranean Termites • Rodents, Mice, Pack Rats, and Pocket Gophers • Birds • and Lawn Weeds!!! You can count on our knowledge and expertise as well as our systematic, thorough approach to pest elimination to rid your home or business of the problem, and help make sure the pests do not return. We will go the extra mile to ensure that you are completely satisfied with every aspect of our service. - Northwest Exterminating Co., Inc. 4954 N. Shamrock Place Tucson, AZ 85705 (520) 888-BUGS (2847) "We are the guys in the seafoam green trucks!"

Bill's Home Service Co

Bill's is a full service pest control and termite company serving southern Arizona since 1964. We have received several awards for our business practices, including: BBB Business Ethics, BBB Customer Excellence (Finalist), Green Valley News People's Choice Best Pest Control Company, Green Valley Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year. We shine above the competition because of our excellent team members who deliver our service.

Arizona Pest Control

Arizona Pest Control is a family owned and operated pest management firm located in Tucson, Arizona. We have been providing environmentally friendly pest management solutions to residential and commercial clients since 1947. We are considered one of the industry’s most innovative companies, and our 25 plus employees are what have made that possible. Specializing in pigeon exclusion, bee removal, termite control, scorpion control, rodent control, and general pest control, please do not hesitate to call us at any time! Why choose AZ Pest? • Family Owned and Operated in Tucson • 2nd generation pest & termite control experts • A+ Better Business Bureau Rating • Angie’s List Super Service Award Winner (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013) • Environmentally responsible pest control that is safe for families, children, and pets • 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed • Authorized operator of the Sentricon Termite Colony Elimination System • National Pest Management Association Member • Over 98% customer satisfaction rate • Expert Beekeepers (Live bee removal options for a sustainable future for our children) • Doing business with the greater Tucson community since 1947! • Creators of Arizona’s biggest cockroach contest, fastest roach contest, and the award winning Million Dollar Roach Contest (Google it!)

Arizona
    Arizona Office of Pest Management
    12/31/2016
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Live trapping and removal of pack rats. Pack Rat nest removal. Rat-proofing - attics, sheds, grills, garages, spas, AC's, pool heaters and more! DeterScape pack rat prevention landscaping.

We never use Poison Bait.