McCaleb Construction Inc

Founded 1990 • With Angi since July 2006

4.2

Additional contact name - Judy S McCaleb. Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist...

Arizona Painting Company

We specialize in residential house painting and commercial painting, both interior and exterior. We pride ourselves in offering the best warranty in Arizona on our exterior house painting jobs. All of our workers are employees, we do not sub-contract any work so you can rest assured that you are getting the best and highest skilled painters in Phoenix. We are a drug-free company and background check each of our employees. We pride ourselves in constantly training our crews and working on always improving our quality, we focus on setting the standard for all other painting companies to strive towards.

Offers by Arizona Painting Company on Angi
Arizona Painting Co - Tucson

Arizona Painting Co - Tucson - painting, plastering, stucco

Ramirez & Hijos Painting Inc

Family owned and operated we specialize in painting, roof coating, texture and more! We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in Painting Services, we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Offers by Ramirez & Hijos Painting Inc on Angi

09/28/2016

Christie C.

It was not a good experience working with them and both I and my current professional designer feel that McCaleb ripped me off. Kevin, the designer for McCaleb is a very nice and professional person however, his ideas are not as exciting as I'd hoped for. When I encouraged him to design more creatively he informed me that they design only what they think a client can afford to build. Well, no wonder he was holding back on the cool designs, every change he made had to then be submitted to their cost estimator who uses up the hours paid for and comes back with VERY high prices (way over a competitive budget). Kevin was very knowledgeable about cabinets but McCaleb's prices were very inflated and we could not have possibly afforded to build with this company. I was very disappointed with McCaleb construction and when I addressed it with John McCaleb, he got quite rude and was only willing to refund a small amount from my bill although I was walking away with nothing to show for all that money we spent. Even with a very simple design change, his estimates for just a kitchen came up to about 40% more than I am paying to get a much better kitchen through a different designer. He might be a great builder IF you have unlimited funds, otherwise, hire someone else. He turned out to be an arrogant crook.

Description of Work
McCaleb Construction was hired to provide design services/cost estimating with option to have them build the project. They did provide design some design services and cost estimating.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

04/02/2016

William J.

Excellent company to work with for a kitchen redo. Prices were very competitive. Quality was outstanding,. The job took a bit longer than expected but the end result was outstanding. The countertops were subbed to Trinity Kitchen and Bath. They did an excellent job as well. Richard was our craftsman on site and we could not have been happier. Thanks!!!!

Description of Work
Refaced all cabinets and drawers. New quartz countertops.

09/15/2014

Allen Z.

John McCaleb himself returned my email and about re-roofing my home. He very honestly told me his company basically did larger jobs and that he would only be sub-contracting if I wanted him to do the work. I appreciated that honesty and the fact that he gave me the name and number for a local contractor who was reliable. McCaleb Construction seemed like a good bet as a place to start since his company was involved in a job featured on the popular and quot;This Old Houseand quot; TV show. I was glad he called me back..

Description of Work
We had an informative telephone conversation about the roof on my house.

Category remodeling,roofing

01/19/2014

Sara E.

The estimate was so high, we simply paid for that and terminated the relationship.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate only. It was sky-high and at least 50% higher than others. They seem to do lovely work, but they are clearly interested only in doing luxury work at super-luxury prices. (And ours is a lovely home, and our previous contractors/designers, etc. have been top notch.) We didn't even consider proceeding with McCaleb.We expected to pay for the estimate and did so, but did not hire the firm for the job.

Category remodeling

03/18/2013

Arthur S.

It was a long process; the project was about a year long or more. If we had any problem, they followed through and fixed everything. They sub-contracted everything. They are a contractor so they do not directly do plumbing. They came when they said when they would and were responsive to all our issues.

Description of Work
We used McCaleb Construction Inc for a total house remodel. The work included remodeling of the kitchen, bath, flooring, windows, doors, painting, stucco work, outside work, and utility work.

Category ceramic tile,plumbing,remodeling,replacement windows,home builders,stucco,home remodeling,house painters,interior painters,doors

02/28/2013

Ruth M.

Their quoted price was about $80,000. Nothing special stands out but they did what I asked and were friendly when they stopped in. I decided not to do the room addition because of the cost.

Description of Work
I got a bid from McCaleb Construction to build a one bedroom addition on my house.

Category remodeling

11/05/2012

Jim P.

It went well. The workmen were competent and communicative.

Description of Work
Bathroom cabinets, doors, and exterior repairs to soffit.

Category remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling

09/08/2011

Karl B.

Although their bid was the highest, I choose them because their bid detailed a unique method to remove old Vigas, install metal mounting hardware, and mount the new Vigas on the outside of the repaired stucco. Another reason in choosing them was that Mack, who explained what was going to be done, appeared very experienced and knowledgeable in Viga replacement. I was extremely pleased with Mack, who did or supervised most of the work. He is a bit of a perfectionist, keeping me well informed and paying attention to the smallest of details. The end result is clearly a very professional job. Both the new stucco texture and paint match the rest of the house quite nicely, and the new Vigas are perfectly aligned. During this job, some loose stucco was discovered on the garage parapet and that repair was added to the contract without going for separate bids.

Description of Work
McCaleb Construction, Inc. removed and replaced several Vigas, and repaired loose stucco on the garage parapet roof.

Category remodeling,stucco

05/10/2011

Andrea E.

They just came out to see if it was feasible or not and they gave a broad estimate. They wanted me to sign a contract to start the design process so they could charge for the estimate. It made me gun shy because I didn’t want to get a few thousand dollars into the process then not want to do it. It is a good company for someone 100% confident and they were a lot more professional than other companies I spoke with. For me, I wasn’t certain what I wanted to do so I didn’t move forward with the process.

Description of Work
McCaleb Construction gave me an estimate for a kitchen remodel.

10/04/2010

Liz W.

I wouldn’t recommend them to anybody because they gave me an estimate and then refused to return my calls. When I finally got hold of somebody, they told me that they had to come back out to another estimate as they had lost my paperwork. They also told me that it would cost me a percentage of the price, a design fee; even I didn’t decide to go with them. The estimate was for $12000. I would tell the others not to use them. I will not use this company again in the future.

Description of Work
I got a quote from McCaleb Construction Inc. for bathroom remodeling, a year ago.

McCaleb Construction Inc

Founded 1990 • With Angi since July 2006

4.2

6565 E Grant Rd

Tucson, AZ 85715

Remodeling, remodel, custom home design/build services, complete renovations, whole house remodel, kitchen remodel, bath remodel, home offices, windows & doors.